Slade (with supermans powers) vs Warrior-Madness Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

gautam
discuss..

supremthor
slade hands down

gautam
k....wat about if slade has only had supes powers for few days....and is not fully experienced with it....hes about as experianced with his powers as supergirl is....but hes just as sinister and savage as he is as always

Cosmic Cube
Madness Thor. He defeated the freakin Infinity Watch. Slade loses badly.

newjak86
slade Superman normally holds back and slade of course doesn't plus with the abilities he already has i think he can take this.
Infact i think I would give it to Slade 9/10 times of course I wouldn't dicredit the ability of Madness Thor but i think Slade logically take this most of the time.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by newjak86
slade Superman normally holds back and slade of course doesn't plus with the abilities he already has i think he can take this.
Infact i think I would give it to Slade 9/10 times of course I wouldn't dicredit the ability of Madness Thor but i think Slade logically take this most of the time.

Thor normally holds back too. What's your point? I give it to madness Thor at least 8-9/10. You have no idea how bad-ass powerful madness Thor was, do you?

gautam
CC are you argueing with for Thor when Slade only has limited experiance or including if he knows his powers as well as Superman does?

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by gautam
CC are you argueing with for Thor when Slade only has limited experiance or including if he knows his powers as well as Superman does?

Not just that, Madness Thor was a force to be reckoned with. All of his abilities were uber-amped. Superman couldn't take down Madness Thor by himself, and I don't see Slade faring any better. This isn't normal, 'leader of the avengers' Thor we're talking. Look up Madness Thor.

gautam
so you think that a fully experianced slade with supes powers would get his ass kicked by Madness Thor?

ZephroCarnelian
What's the difference between warrior madness Thor and normal Thor? Did something drive him mad and he just let rip, or is it a different version of Thor altogether...?

erm

Cosmic Cube
so you think that a fully experianced slade with supes powers would get his ass kicked by Madness Thor?

Ask Adam Warlock, Gamora, Drax, Pip, and Moondragon.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
What's the difference between warrior madness Thor and normal Thor? Did something drive him mad and he just let rip, or is it a different version of Thor altogether...?

erm

It's an amped up version of normal Thor. Warrior Madness increases a god's power and fighting ability by several times, but it causes them to lose their sanity.

gautam
OK....since there is a person argueing for thor...change the arguement back to slade with experiance over supes powers....vs Madness Thor

ZephroCarnelian
Thor's roughly on par with Superman anyway in terms of raw power - and better by quite a bit in terms of skill.

So if Warrior Madness increases his power and skill by quite a bit, then logically Supes would be toast.

newjak86
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Thor normally holds back too. What's your point? I give it to madness Thor at least 8-9/10. You have no idea how bad-ass powerful madness Thor was, do you?
I'm just saying that he's not just fighting against what superman normally brings to the table but what Slade brings as well I'm not discounting Madness Thor but I think Slade can win a majority of the time do to his abilities added with Supes powers, but i just thought of something since Supe's powers are weakened by magic then they would be weakened with slade using them as well so this could come down to Thor's hammer.
OK Madness Thor is well mad and Slade is ruthless cunning and disciplined and I always normally give it to the focused ones if their abilities are similar. Thor would rush in trying to destroy Slade like a mad man but in these type of matches with an enraged opponent against someone with Slade's skills and focus they normally can turn that against their opponent and Thor wouldn't be any different in my opinion.
Although the magic hammer thought I brought up earlier has me wondering the outcome a little more.

Cosmic Cube
Thor's roughly on par with Superman anyway in terms of raw power - and better by quite a bit in terms of skill.

So if Warrior Madness increases his power and skill by quite a bit, then logically Supes would be toast.

Agreed. We always seem to see eye to eye Zephro. wink

gautam
BUT this is supes not holding back....which he does a lot....this is slade...who is very savage...with supes body...he has the best fighting technique..id even say hes a better h2h figher then thor....and plus slade is a master tactitian....he wont lose his cool and let thor loose his temper even more while he plays with him

ZephroCarnelian
lol roll eyes (sarcastic)

newjak86
BUT this is supes not holding back....which he does a lot....this is slade...who is very savage...with supes body...he has the best fighting technique..id even say hes a better h2h figher then thor....and plus slade is a master tactitian....he wont lose his cool and let thor loose his temper even more while he plays with him
Read my above post

Cosmic Cube
I'm just saying that he's not just fighting against what superman normally brings to the table but what Slade brings as well I'm not discounting Madness Thor but I think Slade can win a majority of the time do to his abilities added with Supes powers, but i just thought of something since Supe's powers are weakened by magic then they would be weakened with slade using them as well so this could come down to Thor's hammer.
OK Madness Thor is well mad and Slade is ruthless cunning and disciplined and I always normally give it to the focused ones if their abilities are similar. Thor would rush in trying to destroy Slade like a mad man but in these type of matches with an enraged opponent against someone with Slade's skills and focus they normally can turn that against their opponent and Thor wouldn't be any different in my opinion.
Although the magic hammer thought I brought up earlier has me wondering the outcome a little more.

Thor isn't going to be fighting with what he usually brings to the table, either. This will be like SuperSlademan fighting 10 Thors who have completely lost their minds, and are intent on killing him at all costs. "Madness" is another word for lunacy. In this context, it doesn't mean anger. Thor isn't going to be stupid, and his fighting ability, reflexes, and awareness would be enhanced tenfold. I don't see Slade coming out alive.

ZephroCarnelian
I don't believe that anyone is able to use Supes' powers more proficiently than himself.

He may very well hold back a lot, but Slade won't necessarily know the full extent of his power, even with a bit of experience at using them.

For example - how would he know how to turn intangible...?

If anyone stood a chance of beating Thor in Superman's body.... it'd be Superman.

smile

Cosmic Cube
I don't believe that anyone is able to use Supes' powers more proficiently than himself.

He may very well hold back a lot, but Slade won't necessarily know the full extent of his power, even with a bit of experience at using them.

If anyone stood a chance of beating Thor in Superman's body.... it'd be Superman.

smile
Agreed. Slade doesn't know Superman's body like Superman does.

Thor has about one thousand lifetimes more fighting experience than Slade. If there was an advantage to be taken of Thor's madness, I'm sure that Adam Warlock would have discovered it.

newjak86

smile
I wouldn't go that far because alot of the normal Superman powers and Slade has done some research on the man of steel and probably knows most of supe's tricks and because of his training would be able to use them quite effectively.
Enraged Thor is still enraged Thor meaning he won't be fighting with the same cool head Slade would be and that in my eyes can make all the difference in this fight because well trained fighters can take an unfocused and "Mad" fighter and use that against them and of course Slade is such a fighter.
Altough i thought more people would be talking about the hammer and the effect it could have on Supes powers and can Slade figure a way to overcome this. Plus I would like to know if there is any prep time involved.

Cosmic Cube
I wouldn't go that far because alot of the normal Superman powers and Slade has done some research on the man of steel and probably knows most of supe's tricks and because of his training would be able to use them quite effectively.
Enraged Thor is still enraged Thor meaning he won't be fighting with the same cool head Slade would be and that in my eyes can make all the difference in this fight because well trained fighters can take an unfocused and "Mad" fighter and use that against them and of course Slade is such a fighter.
Altough i thought more people would be talking about the hammer and the effect it could have on Supes powers and can Slade figure a way to overcome this. Plus I would like to know if there is any prep time involved.

Newjak, this is not enraged Thor. Warrior Madness increases all of Thor's abilities tenfold, and causes insanity. Thor isn't just using more power than he usually does. He gets an actual magical enhancement. He's not going to be angry, just focused on killing Slade.

ZephroCarnelian
Knowing about Superman doesn't mean you could automatically use his powers if you gained them.

How would he know how to turn invisible or vibrate through stuff...? There isn't a button to press or lever to throw...

If Slade had FULL access to and knowedge of Superman's powers, then yes, I believe that he could pull off a win against pretty much anyone.

But even SUPES himself doesn't have total access to his own powers - he's still learning himself.

If he wasn't, he'd be vibrating through every attack, moving at lightspeed all the time and burning holes through planets with heat vision.

He'd be pre-crisis! big grin

newjak86
Knowing about Superman doesn't mean you could automatically use his powers if you gained them.

How would he know how to turn invisible or vibrate through stuff...? There isn't a button to press or lever to throw...

If Slade had FULL access to and knowedge of Superman's powers, then yes, I believe that he could pull off a win against pretty much anyone.

But even SUPES himself doesn't have total access to his own powers - he's still learning himself.

If he wasn't, he'd be vibrating through every attack, moving at lightspeed all the time and burning holes through planets with heat vision.

He'd be pre-crisis! big grin
It helps though and using strength and durability really doesn't require alot of knowledge I agree though that he wouldn't be able to do all of supes powers maybe not as in control while he is getting used to them but he is a very great fighter and very disciplined so he could possibly do it.
I don't care how much stronger Thor gets I never compared his strength to Thor's in fact i always thought in strength that Supes was more comparable to Hulk in that their limits if they have them are really really high. Thor can be as focused on killing slade as much as possible it doesn't change the fact that he still wouldn't be fighting as disciplined as he normally would and Slade can take people alot stronger them him in that set of circumstances.
The only really big advantaged I see for Thor is his Hammer.

Cosmic Cube
It helps though and using strength and durability really doesn't require alot of knowledge I agree though that he wouldn't be able to do all of supes powers maybe not as in control while he is getting used to them but he is a very great fighter and very disciplined so he could possibly do it.
I don't care how much stronger Thor gets I never compared his strength to Thor's in fact i always thought in strength that Supes was more comparable to Hulk in that their limits if they have them are really really high. Thor can be as focused on killing slade as much as possible it doesn't change the fact that he still wouldn't be fighting as disciplined as he normally would and Slade can take people alot stronger them him in that set of circumstances.
The only really big advantaged I see for Thor is his Hammer.

And the fact that he's 10 times more powerful than normal Thor in every aspect. The strength of 10 Thors > Superman's strength. Superman's durability comes from his bio aura, which would be bypassed by magic. Superman does have a limit to his strength, that is not in doubt. Focus, and discipline? What's the big difference?

newjak86
The difference is you can be focused on doing something Wolverine can be focused on killing something like when he goes into a feral rage he is focused.
Now the difference is that he will charge in not really caring about style or being disciplined he just tries to overpower his opponent which is exactly what Thor would do now. People who can keep their calm and are great fighters can use that against their opponents very effectively even though the foe can be alot stronger them this is how a normal Thor can fight the Hulk even though he is weaker.

long pig
Doesn't Mad Thor's strength magnify near 10 fold? I don't really see a chance for Sladerman.

Thor can only go warrior madness once in his lifetime, though right?

Dizzle
The only thing that would help Superman from Slade would be the precog... But there's no way that Thor wouldn't hit him plenty of times, even with some precog. Thor's strength and speed are now better than Superman's. He even has the cheating magic advantage. I give it to Warrior Madness Thor in 3 hits and possibly a Godforce blast. If he's feeling like an a$$ AND a loon, rather than just a loon.

newjak86
I still think you guys are underestimating Slade here he is ruthless and cunning a lot more cunning then Thor. IF someone could pull off taking Thor in this situation it's Deathstroke even without Supes powers if you ask me. Like i said it all depends on the prep time Slade has but I think that even Thor times ten is stronger than supes but i always thought that supes was stronger than normal Thor so it isn't like Mad Thor is ten times Supes strength(even though Mad Thor is stronger) plus DS is a master tactician and a great fighter to say that he has no chance that Mad Thor outright wins is underestimating a combo of Slade and Supes. I think the physical attributes don't really matter because Thor is only thinking of killing Slade and not fighting like an experienced fighter would that is what happens when someone goes mad crazy insane they loose the ability to stay disciplined in a fight and against someone who is calm and well schooled in fighting like DS turn that into an advantage instead of it being a weakness for them.
Although as stated previously the magic Thor can bring will cause problems but i think Slade pulls it out by out thinking and out fighting Mad Thor.

dvampire
Slade. Way better fighter than Thor. no expression

gautam
to clear things up....slade knows his powers just as well as superman knows his...

ImmortalOne
Yeah man !!! This is uneven
You give Thor tenfold power, yet you only give Slade a Kryptonian Body.
Thor (wo Mjolnir) = Slade
Thor (w Mjolnir) = Sladerman
Thor (10x / WM) = Sladerman with the SUN!! as his necklace !!!

Dude, WM Thor is rusher !! Yeah he can defeat the Infinity Watch, but it was more like a sudden-attack.
Slade is prepared to kill anytime, anywhere, anyhow, even if he has to get dirty, and bluffing all the time !!!

And about the Mjolnir thingy, Slade CAn take it OFF THOR !!!
Read the comics watch all Teen Titans series, and you WILL KNOW what I mean.... Sladerman will be like DoomsDay but the tactics of Reed RIchards !!!

ImmortalOne
PLUS !!! The heart of Mephisto AND the deadly stare of Ghost RIder AND the charisma of Zeus !!!

gautam
OK...one final change...since this fight is leaning towards Thor...make the battle on Mercury....so its closer to the sun...so Supes is also pretty powerful....

ImmortalOne
No make it 10x closer to the Sun's core than the distance between Mtropolis to Sun't core !!! Now thats cool !!

newjak86
I wouldn't do that because then this is a win for slade without a doubt. I think that if Slade has mastery over Superman's powers then slade can defeat WM Thor not easily but still a majority of the time. DS can go against far more powerful foes because of his intense training and because he is a brilliant tactian and fighter and this is without the Superman upgrade in this thread. WM Thor is still crazy and is basiaclly going to go in and try to overpower Slade and these are conditions a fighter of deathstrokes calibur thrive on. I think actually regular Thor if you made him ruthless would give Sladerman a bigger run for his money.
Why because he still has Mjolnir and he would fight a lot smarter which is how you fight someone like Slade not just rushing in and trying to maul him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.