avengers v jla - MATCH UPS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
okay, in the avengers/jla x-over, everyone focuses on supes beating thor. BUT, there were a lot of cool fight scenes in there, with lots of intriguing match ups. who would take these ones? (these characters are all as they were in the x-over (ie - this is not the powered up shehulk)

1. aquaman/wonder woman v shehulk/hercules

2. vision/thor v red tornado/firestorm (and rt's cyclone DID appear to affect intangible vision)

3. ironman/hawkeye v captain atom/green arrow

4. green lantern/wonderwoman v captain marvel (energy)/quasar

5. ironman v firestorm

6. vision v martian manhunter

7. black panther v blue beetle

DigiMark007
1. Team DC
2. dunno
3. er, probably Marvel...not sure what Atom could do to IM.
4. Should be Marvel...much as I love Gl's, Quasar can at least hang with one, and Genis is a force.
5. dunno
6. Vision isn't affected by telepathy and can stay super-strong/dense longer than MM without tiring. He should win.
7. Panther..BB;s cool though.

-DM

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by leonidas
okay, in the avengers/jla x-over, everyone focuses on supes beating thor. BUT, there were a lot of cool fight scenes in there, with lots of intriguing match ups. who would take these ones? (these characters are all as they were in the x-over (ie - this is not the powered up shehulk)

2. vision/thor v red tornado/firestorm (and rt's cyclone DID appear to affect intangible vision)

5. ironman v firestorm

1. DC

2. DC

3. DC (I think Atom could go directly to Iron Man's brain).

4. Hmm...Marvel.

5. DC

6. Uh...Marvel?

7. Marvel.

olympian
1- team Marvel.

2- team Marvel

3- team DC

4- team DC

5- Firestorm

6- Martin Manhaunter

7- Black Phanter

DarkCrawler
Oh wait...it was Captain Atom.

jrodslam
1. DC
2. DC
3. DC
4. Marvel
5. Firestorm
6. Martian Manhunter
7. Black Panther

leonidas
don't forget - captain marvel is monica rambeau (the energy shifting cm) - not genis. though she showed she could copy and actually shift forms into the lantern energy in the x-over. she also injured zeus worse than any mortal ever has. she's not genis, but she's one tough bastich, er -- hey, what IS the female version of a bastich, anyway?

DigiMark007
How did GL fare against Quasar in this crossover?

Never heard of this other Marvel (I've heard of Phyla-Vell, who was briefly a Captain Marvel, but this sounds different). But most of my earlier opinions (Vision, Panther, etc.) stand.

-DM

leonidas
hmm, maybe you know her as photon?

anyway, oddly enough, gl and quasar didn't match up. wonder woman was busy smashing q's constructs and cap marvel was dealing with gl. he beat her the first time round, but then by the second match up she had learned how to shift into the energy of his ring and did some serious damage to a few heroes.

here she is:

Powers:

She has the ability to transform her body into any form of energy from X rays to radio waves This enables her to become invisible and to travel at close to the speed of light.

Affiliations Avengers

1st App. Amazing Spiderman Annual #16

History:

Police Captain Monica Rambeau was investigating an incident at a chemical plant when she was caught in an explosion that should have killed her, but due to the nature of the chemicals involved she instead was imbued with the power to transform herself into all manner of light. She joined up with the Avengers and worked her way through the ranks to become a fully fledged member and was later nominated as team leader by Captain America. During a battle with fellow team mate Marrina who had been transformed into Leviathan, Captain Marvel expelled such a huge amount of energy that she lost a third of her body mass and was forced to relinquish her leadership of the team during her long recuperation. When she returned to active duty she found that the name Captain Marvel had been taken by the son of the original Mar- Vell and she took on the new name of Photon. She initially shared her time between crime fighting and running a charter business with her father but after an attack on all the Avengers by Morgan Le Fay she returned to the team in a full time role.

DigiMark007
Photon sounds vaguely familiar...but I hadn't seen much of her until just now. Thanks.

leonidas
i'm a bit surprised almost everyone picked aquaman/wonderwoman over herc/shehulk. in the x-over, ww and herc were pretty much stalemating each other, and shehulk was pounding on aquaman. think i'd go marvel for the first one. my pix would look like this:

1. marvel
2. VERY TOUGH ONE! marvel - but barely (i think rt beats vizh, thor beats fs, then thor beats rt)
3. marvel
4. dc
5. they ko each other somehow.
6. dc
7. marvel

some close battles though.

snoopdogg

5. ironman v firestorm

1. DC
2. Touch call. DC(Tornado takes Vision and RT and Firestorm take Thor).
3. DC
4. Marvel
5. Firestorm(Turns Iron Mans armor into plastic)
6. Martian Manhunter
7. Blackpanther.

EvilCap America
1 DC-WW and Herc SHOULD go either way even thought Herc seemed a little written down that fight.Aquaman isnt beating She-Hulk H2H but given his array of abilties he should be able to take She-Hulk down eventually

2 Marvel-Thor is a pretty uber heavy hitter and although the DC team technically "Won" this encounter i doubt even RT and Firestorm could have contained him for a full length battle

3 Leadfoil arrow?Sad Captain Atom hould be more effective than that and has it within his ability to edge out Iron Man.Archer to archer......Eh toss-up most likely Hawkeyes arrows catch on fire and he blows himself up

4 DC.The cross-over had Kyle as a witless jobber getting his constructs trashed by everything under the sun.The 2 of these should be able to wn against damn near anybody

5 Hmm tough match dunno.Ill ASSUME Ironmans Forcefield will keep FS from turning his armor into toilet paper and ill just leave whistling without voting

6 Martian Manhunter easy.Hes in Supermans weight class with a ton more powers Psychic abilties all kinds of advantahes.Vision is just a very strong Android with density control he cant keep up

7 Poor Beetle no respect and being matched up against a particularly kick trear end opponent.BP wins but ill say BB makes him work a bit and at LEAST losses funny

jacobo0o
i just want to do number
5. IRON MAN!!!!
force field super strengh and he has that fire armor to with stand
a big amount of heat

jacobo0o
i just want to do number
5. IRON MAN!!!!
a big amount of heat( dont know who fire storm is but i love iron man tooo much) ps ironman fanboy

Solidus Snake
DC
Marvel
DC
DC
DC
dunno
Marvel

nigel45
Originally posted by jacobo0o
i just want to do number
5. IRON MAN!!!!
a big amount of heat( dont know who fire storm is but i love iron man tooo much) ps ironman fanboy

Firestorm can control any molecules, not just fire.

DigiMark007
Why can't Vision keep up with Manhunter??? He's been getting a lot of votes. The telepathy wouldn't affect him, and MM can only stay in a "Superman-esque" weight class for a little while before tiring. I don't see a clear advantage, but I think Vision would wear John down after a while.

-DM

kgkg

5. ironman v firestorm

1.) DC
2.) Marvel
3.) DC
4.) Marvel
5.) DC
6.) DC
7.) Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.