What do the executive producers do

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maynard-is-god
Well i met one this weekend up north in michigan and his name was Michael Euing(sp?) he produced Longest Yard with adam sandler and he produced Tommy Boy....so i want to know what do they do exactally?

Cinemaddiction
That's a really vague title in Hollywood. EP's usually just had some kind of involvement with a movie. They could have contributed money, helped write a script, researched roles or factchecked for a film.

Evil Dead
^^
plus sometimes, they actually have nothing to do with the film even being made. Executive Producer is pretty much just a "thanks" credit.......

Vince McMahon recieved an executive producer credit on the scorpion king (and probably all Rock's other films) simply for letting The Rock do the movie.......Rock was under contract to McMahon.

scontron
I think the executive producer puts the final stamp on the movie -- does it go to the theater or is it back to the drawing board. Probably puts up a bunch of money and makes suggestions.

jaden101
producers are the ones responsible for the cash...procuring staff and props and sets etc and the general running of everything which surrounds the making of a film

Imperial_Samura
Yes, hard to define, but as jaden101 executive producers are mainly involved in the financing aspect, though they can have far more power, such as control over many aspects.

MildPossession
Executive producer is a role in the entertainment industry that is difficult to define clearly. Executive producers vary in involvement, responsibility, and power. Some executive producers have hands-on control over every aspect of production. Executive producers are commonly the main investor or financier of a project.

There's also a practice of naming celebrities executive producers of a project in order to help gain approval. This is more common in film, for example in Donnie Darko, actress Drew Barrymore was given an executive producer credit because she contributed money to the film and helped raise its awareness.

Thanks to online encyclopedia. hope some of that helped, basically sums it up in part.

Dresta
the producer is usually the person that funds the film.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.