Magneto Vs X-team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GalacticStorm
Current Magneto Vs Storm, Polaris, Bishop and Iceman

Deserted cityscape

No holds barred.

Solidus Snake
x men

bishops power has no on/off switch as mags learned the hard way at illyanas funeral. the more power he puts out, the mor powerful bishop will get.

storm and polaris will be the distractions.

ice man will be used to freeze the water in maggies cells

GalacticStorm
Storm and Polaris are far from distractions. They and Bishop are key to the Xteam winning. Icemans just some extra firepower

demigawd
Bishop isn't a threat. Bishop was still helpless against Magneto - his release of energy was because he could no longer contain Magneto's output and he spontaneously released it. Magneto didn't know better at the time...now he does. Magneto wins by just casually putting everybody to sleep and going home. Except Iceman, who Magneto will convert to component molecules in the immediate area its components molecules. It won't kill Iceman, but Iceman won't be able to manipulate anything within Magneto. Current Magneto is also telepathic and could just take down Iceman that way too.

xmarksthespot
Dude Magneto the telepath? Magneto is getting written way too powerful imo. What was that stuff about him making wormholes... something that should really be beyond him.

DarkCrawler
But isn't magnetism one of the fundamental forces in universe?

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by demigawd
Bishop isn't a threat. Bishop was still helpless against Magneto - his release of energy was because he could no longer contain Magneto's output and he spontaneously released it. Magneto didn't know better at the time...now he does. Magneto wins by just casually putting everybody to sleep and going home. Except Iceman, who Magneto will convert to component molecules in the immediate area its components molecules. It won't kill Iceman, but Iceman won't be able to manipulate anything within Magneto. Current Magneto is also telepathic and could just take down Iceman that way too.

I disagree. Youre assuming theyre going to be working individually. If they pool their powers then they could certainly defeat Magneto. How will Magneto convert Iceman to component molecules? Has he shown this ability or are you assuming this is within his capabilities because of your physics knowledge? Also how do you know iceman cant use his powers in such a state?

demigawd
Magneto's control over all EM energy gives him control over not just one of the four fundamental forces of the universe, but, because the Unified Theory was proven in Marvel, the ENTIRE physical universe. It pretty much makes him Silver Surfer-lite. Magneto was always portrayed as powerful enough telepathically to make Astral projections. It was said in the early days that Magneto and Xavier were the only two people on earth able to do so. That's no longer the case, but Magneto-as-telepath was always something in his history. He just got a boost in that ability.

Zahit
Aunt May got an upgrade too........
So did Jarvis.....
will there ever be an end to this constant upgrading bullsh*t????

demigawd
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
I disagree. Youre assuming theyre going to be working individually. If they pool their powers then they could certainly defeat Magneto. How will Magneto convert Iceman to component molecules? Has he shown this ability or are you assuming this is within his capabilities because of your physics knowledge? Also how do you know iceman cant use his powers in such a state?

Pool their powers how? You came up with this fight because you have something in mind about the way this particular arrangement of X-men will work together. But everybody on this roster and about two dozen other X-men were all rendered helpless by Magneto in the opening of Fatal Attractions. No go.

Magneto converts Iceman to component molecules by electrolyzing the ice, which converts it to hydrogen and oxygen. Polaris did it to Iceman's ice shields and tore right through them. She could have done the same to Iceman himself if she wanted to. Magneto won't be so nice.

Iceman can't use his powers in such a state because Iceman can only exist as states of water - liquid, solid or gas. Hydrogen and Oxygen aren't one of them.

Solidus Snake
does she have silicon implants?

if so give me her ##

Mainstream
Pool their powers how? You came up with this fight because you have something in mind about the way this particular arrangement of X-men will work together. But everybody on this roster and about two dozen other X-men were all rendered helpless by Magneto in the opening of Fatal Attractions. No go.

Magneto converts Iceman to component molecules by electrolyzing the ice, which converts it to hydrogen and oxygen. Polaris did it to Iceman's ice shields and tore right through them. She could have done the same to Iceman himself if she wanted to. Magneto won't be so nice.

Iceman can't use his powers in such a state because Iceman can only exist as states of water - liquid, solid or gas. Hydrogen and Oxygen aren't one of them.

Dammit!!! kool-msn

CorderaMitchell
NEVER!!

Whats aunt may's new abiities?

demigawd
Originally posted by Mainstream
Dammit!!! kool-msn

lol. What?

Mainstream
lol. What?

damn magneto and his god like upgrades....kool-msn

xmarksthespot
Magneto controls the universe now... more I hear about characters on the boards more I dislike em stick out tongue

Still he's never shown power on the level where he should have the ability to create wormholes. Imo that should be attributed to Wanda giving him a power boost as she has shown power on such scales.

GalacticStorm

Current Polaris is at least 75% the power level of pre-ex Mag. Storm and Polaris have previously pooled powers to significantly increase Polaris' magnetic abilities with impressive results(Krakoa) An empowered Polaris would not be something Magneto could toss to the side just like that. Especially after his teaching and the fact that they were linked for so long. She got an insight into how his powers worked and was even able to negate the effects of his powers once he'd regained his and tried to assault her. Polaris could protect her teamates, Bishop could protect himself and loop any magnetic energies sent his way round to his team mate or he could launch an offensive on his own. Iceman could attack from another front.

DarkCrawler
So wait, Polaris is now more powerful then Magneto?

Goddamn X-Men.

demigawd
Current Polaris is at least 75% the power level of pre-ex Mag. Storm and Polaris have previously pooled powers to significantly increase Polaris' magnetic abilities with impressive results(Krakoa) An empowered Polaris would not be something Magneto could toss to the side just like that. Especially after his teaching and the fact that they were linked for so long. She got an insight into how his powers worked and was even able to negate the effects of his powers once he'd regained his and tried to assault her. Polaris could protect her teamates, Bishop could protect himself and loop any magnetic energies sent his way round to his team mate or he could launch an offensive on his own. Iceman could attack from another front.

Where are you getting this 75% number from??? Magneto is not only a hell of a lot smarter than she is, and more combat experienced, he's also received power ups. Polaris does not = an inexperienced female Magneto. His innate power is greater than hers because of his power ups.

And, you're saying "pre-ex Mag". Clearly, they're not fighting "pre-ex Mag", they're fighting current mags, who opens a blackhole and sends them flying through it.

Magneto has shown the ability (even before Excalibur's latest power up) to just...snatch Polaris' ability away from her. He even wrested Storm's lighting away from her while beating down the rest of the X-men, and used her lightning to make himself STRONGER.

I understand and commend your logic in putting this team together to take Magneto, but in the end, it actually backfires...Magneto uses their powers against them and it actually serves to make him more powerful. The only threat here is Iceman, and he's a threat because his powers are less related to Magneto, not more.

demigawd
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
So wait, Polaris is now more powerful then Magneto?

Goddamn X-Men.

Hell goddamn no!

Mainstream
Electricity is the gay brother to magnetism

xmarksthespot
How many times has Magneto actually opened black holes?

Mainstream
Originally posted by xmarksthespot

black holes...I find that offensive!!nono

demigawd
Originally posted by xmarksthespot

Twice.

demigawd
Hey Mainstream: Totally offtopic, but it's been killing me with curiousity...who wins: Apoc or Piccolo?

Mainstream
Hey Mainstream: Totally offtopic, but it's been killing me with curiousity...who wins: Apoc or Piccolo?

I'd go with Apoc...the growing drawing energy form a hidden source, ability to become a super dense metal alloy thing would prove to much for Piccolo...however..if Piccolo were to go back to Namek and absorb his brothers and become an Ultra Namek....He might last longer.

demigawd
Oh, ok, but you just like Piccolo sigs better, huh?

Mainstream
Oh, ok, but you just like Piccolo sigs better, huh?

oh yeah.

GalacticStorm
Where are you getting this 75% number from??? Magneto is not only a hell of a lot smarter than she is, and more combat experienced, he's also received power ups. Polaris does not = an inexperienced female Magneto. His innate power is greater than hers because of his power ups.

And, you're saying "pre-ex Mag". Clearly, they're not fighting "pre-ex Mag", they're fighting current mags, who opens a blackhole and sends them flying through it.

Magneto has shown the ability (even before Excalibur's latest power up) to just...snatch Polaris' ability away from her. He even wrested Storm's lighting away from her while beating down the rest of the X-men, and used her lightning to make himself STRONGER.

I understand and commend your logic in putting this team together to take Magneto, but in the end, it actually backfires...Magneto uses their powers against them and it actually serves to make him more powerful. The only threat here is Iceman, and he's a threat because his powers are less related to Magneto, not more.

He is more combat experienced than polaris but polaris is hardly a chump with her many years of being on various x-related teams. Mags first power up was just because he was made young again so it wasnt a power up as such. His second one was when he discorporated in the earths electromagnetic spectrum upon re -entry. Making him powerful enough to restrain all of the Xmen by the iron in the blood. (A feat Polaris has recently pulled off might i add). The most recent was his ability to create WORMHOLES(Not even SS could control blackholes he's struggled to survive against one in the Galactus the devourer mini.) This doesnt suggest a power up to me as much as it does a refinement of his existing abilities.A power up would be Jean turning into Phoenix. Id say Magneto has only had one true power up which was his one during the fatal attractions saga. What you must take into consideration is that heroes by their nature and role arent prone to arrogant displays of power and dont always get a chance to show off the full range or potency of their abilities in their hero roles. That is an advantage Magneto has over Polaris. If we were to compare Magneto from his time as the leader of the Xmen to current Polaris they would seem more on a par.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""Magneto has shown the ability (even before Excalibur's latest power up) to just...snatch Polaris' ability away from her. He even wrested Storm's lighting away from her while beating down the rest of the X-men, and used her lightning to make himself STRONGER.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

That is Storms role in this team up. To empower Polaris to siginificantly reduce the gap between hers and Magnetos power levels. Magneto has shown the ability to snatch polaris' abiities from her but that was prior to her training. If you remember he tried again after he regained his powers after being linked with her for so long and she blocked him. She then went on to give him a decent fight. However the situation youre talking about with Storm happened in uncanny. Magneto less wrested control of storms lightning, than he absorbed it and rechanneled it back at her. Polaris being empowered by Storm both of them among the most poweful mutants on the planet is not someone who magneto could toss to the side. He would have to engage her properly. Bishop would be helping with additional energies or by launching a separate offensive and iceman would be attacking separately. Magneto wouldnt be able to just toss them aside like that. Not against such opposition in these particular circumstances.

Xplosive
I just can't see X-team defeaitng Magneto. Should I explain why, no, cause already demigawd did it. But Magneto durability is problem, he can't afford much at all, so they could aslo take him down.

demigawd
I walk a fine line here because I'm, in some ways, arguing AGAINST Magneto in your other thread. Not sure if you did that on purpose, but if so...bravo. At any rate, onto the reply:

I agree that Polaris is hardly a chump. She's pretty darn powerful. And I also agree that Magneto's only artificial power up was his near discorporation with earth's EM field. However, Magneto's discorporation power up was HUGE. And his increase in control to the point where he exerised control over physical laws cannot be ignored. While Lorna's training helped her close the gap up somewhat with classic Magneto to the point where I'd agree that she's probably on par with "Helmetless Magneto", Magneto tripled that gap with his current state. Surely you wouldn't argue otherwise?

Besides, you said it yourself...it's not about power, it's about skill. And opening a black hole is a skill Polaris is a LOOOOOOONG way from achieving, considering she did absolutely nothing to close or counter Xorn's black hole that she nearly got sucked into herself.

Magneto has long had the ability to exert influence over the iron in someone's blood. It happened before his Fatal Attractions power up. In fact, his first time doing it was against the Avengers in the early 80s. He did it a few years after when he freed Beast from Doom's mind control. So that puts Polaris in the ballpark of early 80s Magneto, though even then she has yet to match even his earliest feats.

Fatal Attractions Magneto is on another level entirely.

So my point is even with Storm's power up, Polaris wouldn't be at Magneto's power level, and all the power ups in the world won't help bridge the experience gap.

I think I explained this either above or on the other thread. Polaris blocked a powerless Magneto's access to her power. That's not much of a feat...he was powerless. What makes it even less of a feat is that a second later, he yanked it out of her anyway. Once he got his full power back...that was it for her. He had the Avengers and his kids and his mercy and there wasn't a think Polaris could do about it.

So even with Storm's power up, the power and experience gap is too great. Magneto can further draw power away from both Storm and Polaris (since he's used them both in the past to make himself more powerful) and turn himself into a god. This fight backfires horribly.

he wouldn't toss them to the side...I'm sure they'd try hard. They just wouldn't win. You seemed to take a jump in logic. ok, great, you acknowledged that Magneto seized control of Storm's lighting and channeled it into himself and shot it back at her (making him more powerful while she struggled to regain control...and never did). So we're on the same page here. However, next you said that "polaris being empowered by Storm both of them among the most powerful muants on the planet...". How does Storm empowering Polaris prevent Magneto from seizing that power for himself like he did last time?

Magneto's shield has both of those covered. Magneto engages "Storlaris" simply by snatching the power from one or both of them. I have no reason to believe they could prevent it since Magneto has powered himself up at their expense before. And in both cases, they never stopped him for any length of time.

K3VIL
Upgrade this, upgrade that.
I'm waiting for Marvel giving Wolverine an uru skeleton and power cosmic

demigawd
you make it sound as though only Marvel is guilty of that. DC suddenly decided to make Superman the kryptonian Hulk, with "infinite strength" as he gets more stressed out. Everybody is guilty...

DarkCrawler
But Marvel is worse.

DC characters were strange from the beginning, that is why I like Marvel more. But nowadays...

demigawd
Untrue. Look at how many upgrades Superman got (Kryptonia mind control? 10,000 year combat training???). Or Flash (more than anybody). Or GL (Ion anybody? "no recharge necessary" "immunity to yellow"wink. Or MM (no more fear of fire). Doomsday? Dr. Polaris? the Bat sci-fi closet??? There's absolutely no difference.

GalacticStorm
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""he wouldn't toss them to the side...I'm sure they'd try hard. They just wouldn't win. You seemed to take a jump in logic. ok, great, you acknowledged that Magneto seized control of Storm's lighting and channeled it into himself and shot it back at her (making him more powerful while she struggled to regain control...and never did). So we're on the same page here. However, next you said that "polaris being empowered by Storm both of them among the most powerful muants on the planet...". How does Storm empowering Polaris prevent Magneto from seizing that power for himself like he did last time?"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Magneto never directly took away polaris' energies he forceably granted himself access to the E.M spectrum through her. It wasnt hard to do since she'd let him do it for months before that moment so he knew just how to do it. Magneto i doubt would be able to just absorb polaris' magnetic energies directly, he hasnt shown the ability to do that yet. If he could do it or if it was that easy then why didnt he do it against Joseph? To defeat Joseph he had to resort to using a metal projectile. Storm empowering Polaris would virtually put her on par power wise(in terms of energy generateable) with Pre-ex Mag. If it was just Those two he was fighting then yes i believe he would ventually win. But not against a significantly empowered Polaris who could at least keep him busy and protect her friends somewhat from his powers. Then there's bishop who can absorb Magnetos energies and and loop them back to Polaris or shoot them back at him and then you have Iceman who if given the oppurtunity can kill within seconds.

GalacticStorm
Untrue. Look at how many upgrades Superman got (Kryptonia mind control? 10,000 year combat training???). Or Flash (more than anybody). Or GL (Ion anybody? "no recharge necessary" "immunity to yellow"wink. Or MM (no more fear of fire). Doomsday? Dr. Polaris? the Bat sci-fi closet??? There's absolutely no difference.

Very true. Owned lol.

demigawd
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""he wouldn't toss them to the side...I'm sure they'd try hard. They just wouldn't win. You seemed to take a jump in logic. ok, great, you acknowledged that Magneto seized control of Storm's lighting and channeled it into himself and shot it back at her (making him more powerful while she struggled to regain control...and never did). So we're on the same page here. However, next you said that "polaris being empowered by Storm both of them among the most powerful muants on the planet...". How does Storm empowering Polaris prevent Magneto from seizing that power for himself like he did last time?"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Magneto never directly took away polaris' energies he forceably granted himself access to the E.M spectrum through her. It wasnt hard to do since she'd let him do it for months before that moment so he knew just how to do it. Magneto i doubt would be able to just absorb polaris' magnetic energies directly, he hasnt shown the ability to do that yet. If he could do it or if it was that easy then why didnt he do it against Joseph? To defeat Joseph he had to resort to using a metal projectile. Storm empowering Polaris would virtually put her on par power wise(in terms of energy generateable) with Pre-ex Mag. If it was just Those two he was fighting then yes i believe he would ventually win. But not against a significantly empowered Polaris who could at least keep him busy and protect her friends somewhat from his powers. Then there's bishop who can absorb Magnetos energies and and loop them back to Polaris or shoot them back at him and then you have Iceman who if given the oppurtunity can kill within seconds.

I didn't say he took her powers *away*. I said that when Polaris cut off her power source that she was granting to Magneto willingly, he FORCED her to continuing being his power source by taking her power against her will. She couldn't stop him, despite 1)His being powerless and 2)It being her power. That right there shows he's on a whole other level.

As for Magneto absorbing power - he did it to Zaladane. He reclaimed all his power, took away her power and KTFO of her with it.

Also, despite all the fancy terminology for it, his "near discorporation" business was imply him absorbing huge amounts of EM energy from the magnetosphere.

So yeah...he has shown the ability to absorb EM energy. It didn't work against Joseph because Joseph is more powerful. Doesn't apply to Polaris.

So we're still at the same point, GS. Magneto still snatches Polaris' power away from her and Storm's power away from her and becomes a cosmic being. big grin

GalacticStorm
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""I didn't say he took her powers *away*. I said that when Polaris cut off her power source that she was granting to Magneto willingly, he FORCED her to continuing being his power source by taking her power against her will. She couldn't stop him, despite 1)His being powerless and 2)It being her power. That right there shows he's on a whole other level.
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

He wasnt taking away her energies he was merely sharing her access to the electromagnetic spectrum. Yeah magneto is more skilled im not debating that, but Polaris has improved and Magneto couldnt necessarily absorb the sheer amount of energy that would be being projected at him forceably from storm and polaris combined. It would be painful to him. Theres a limit to how much he could take. This battle doesnt just feature Polaris. She wouldnt be able to defaet him but empowered by storm she would be able to hold her own and protect her friends from the effects of mags' powers while bishop and iceman attack magneto on different fronts.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""As for Magneto absorbing power - he did it to Zaladane. He reclaimed all his power, took away her power and KTFO of her with it.

Also, despite all the fancy terminology for it, his "near discorporation" business was imply him absorbing huge amounts of EM energy from the magnetosphere.
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

But thats the point. It was his power that Zaladane had. She drained him of it leaving him with depleted energy reseves a gaping capacity as a result of Zaladanes tamperings so that he could easily accommodate the electromagnetic energies and comfortably at that because he wouldnt be pushing past his own natural limits but merely replenishing his depleted energy reserves. Zaladane had virtually no skill when it came to wielding those powers. I to have that issue. She couldnt even manipulate the enrgies to protect herself from a rock fall. Magneto was very weak but he was tremendously more skilled than Zal so he could easily rest the enrgies from her and could absorb them comfortably because he was so depleted. Just because he can absorb a lightning bolt of storms doesnt mean he can absorb when his reserves are well stocked (as is the assumption for all combatants) the combined energies of Storm and Polaris, two of the most powerful mutants on the planet. It would be very naive to think that just because of his past battle with storm. A well stocked Magneto just wouldnt be able to do i because he would be going severely past his natural limits and would burn himself out. He could not continually absorb power until he became cosmic Demi. I hope you dont think that lol. His body wouldnt be able to cope with all that power on top of his own vast energies. It didnt work with Joseph because its not as easy as you think it is. Magnetos body is already home to vast energies and absorbing the odd lightning bolt or even barrage of lightning is fine but he wouldnt be able to simply absorb their combined energies like that he wouldnt be able to cope. I dont think he'd fight like that either. He would defeat this empowered eventually Polaris through being more skilled with energy manipulating and possibly through being able to generate more energies veen than the two combined, however he would have to engage her properly in battle he wouldnt be able to fight Bishop and Bobby at the same time. They would attack him also and their assault would be relentless. Bobby would just need a few seconds to apply a deep freeze, Magneto not knowing off Boobys new powers could underestimate him. Bishop would be a big problem as well. Together i still think they could defeat Magneto.

Superherovandal

well for the GL they got rid of Ion, they still need to recharge and yellow is a stupid weakness don't you agree? Superman doesn't have 10,000 years of combat training, and he can use Torquasm Rao but after like one hour he would die. But for Doomsday he is weaker now, and Flash I have to admit is a bit far. but Marvel they are making everyone god-like and able to destroy earth. I mean Phoenix in the X-men. Ice-man being able to control all water and not able to be physically killed. Or Magneto being able to have control over the fundamental forces of the universe. It is a bit much. Both have gone a bit but Marvel is alot more noticeable.

stormfront13
alright, storm could easily empower polsris's body while suffocating magneto. she had almost killed magneto before and the only reason he gained control over the lightning was because storm wasn't fighting for control over it. she was concentrating on didging colossus and keeping up the vortex/tornado which was killing magneto. storm can walk up to polaris, touch her neck and keep sending an ongoing electrical current through her bdy which she will keep absorbing into her body making her more powerful, while iceman keeps up a strong pocket of extremley cold air and snow around polaris because if the cold makes magneto more powerful, then it should to polaris. now polaris is being powered up by 2 of the most powerful mutants to ever walk the earth, and two omega-level mutants. she will be very, very powerful. now magneto has to fight off a very powerful polaris, iceman, and bishop while being suffocated by storm.

demigawd
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""I didn't say he took her powers *away*. I said that when Polaris cut off her power source that she was granting to Magneto willingly, he FORCED her to continuing being his power source by taking her power against her will. She couldn't stop him, despite 1)His being powerless and 2)It being her power. That right there shows he's on a whole other level.
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

He wasnt taking away her energies he was merely sharing her access to the electromagnetic spectrum.

I already said he wasn't taking her powers AWAY. He was accessing her powers, first with her consent, and after she cut off access, he went ahead and forced it out of her. She was a wireless network with a firewall, and gave network-less Magneto the password to get through the firewall, then she decided to lock Magneto out of the network, so Magneto hacked it and she couldn't do anything to stop him.

Why not? There's been no established limit to how much Magneto can absorb. He was able to absorb planetary levels of EM energy from the magnetosphere of the entire planet. I don't think he'll have trouble taking power from those two. Besides, why would he keep absorbing energy beyond his capacity to do so? It's like:

Storm and Polaris: Fusion-HA! I'm now Super Stolaris!
Magneto: Let me borrow some of that delicious energy you're outputting. Now I'm Super Duper Magneto!
Stolaris: Oh shit!

Or, better yet:

Storm: I'll power you up with lightning, Polaris! *starts shooting lightning*
Magneto: I'll take that if you don't mind
Storm: Goddess! My lightning! It's happening again!
Polaris: I'll save you, Storm!
Magneto: And some of that too.
Polaris: No, not again!

Oh yeah, those two:

Magneto: Take a nap
Bishop: ok
Magneto: You too
Iceman: ok.

There. That's better.

What? What are you saying here? That Magneto purposely lost his power to her so he could accommodate her electromagnetic energies? All Magneto did here was absorb the energy back. He wasn't depleted. And besides, it wasn't just his energy she had. it was his energy, Polaris' energy and the energy she was processing from that thingofabob she created to absorb ALL EM energy. He absorbed his stuff back, and dispersed the rest, which is how Polaris got her energy back. It said nothing about Magneto having a limit. Also, the whole thing about Magneto having a limit beyond which he goes crazy was clearly retconned because he was vastly powered up beyond his "limit" in Fatal Attractions, with no ill effects to him.

Furthermore, as I said above, why would Magneto absorb beyond what he's comfortable with? He wouldn't need to. Excalibur Magneto as it stands is beyond Polaris even with the Storm power up. You yourself said so. He could power himself up just enough to put himself over the top and make it a walk in the park for him.

I agree with the former point, but there's no proof that he'd be unable to absorb it at full power. When has he ever been overloaded? That's baseless speculation.

Based on what precedent, GS?

Why? He became a superconductor because of her. Where's your proof of his limits?

He wouldn't need to. He'd absorb until he whooped their asses. And it wouldn't take much. lol.

Based on....?

Or he can take a page from the Joseph book and just hit her with a rock, lol.

Those two feebs again?

they're not new powers. Magneto has been with Xavier for the last six months as a friend. I'm pretty sure he knows about the latest on all the X-men.

I don't. big grin

demigawd
Originally posted by stormfront13
alright, storm could easily empower polsris's body while suffocating magneto. she had almost killed magneto before and the only reason he gained control over the lightning was because storm wasn't fighting for control over it. she was concentrating on didging colossus and keeping up the vortex/tornado which was killing magneto. storm can walk up to polaris, touch her neck and keep sending an ongoing electrical current through her bdy which she will keep absorbing into her body making her more powerful, while iceman keeps up a strong pocket of extremley cold air and snow around polaris because if the cold makes magneto more powerful, then it should to polaris. now polaris is being powered up by 2 of the most powerful mutants to ever walk the earth, and two omega-level mutants. she will be very, very powerful. now magneto has to fight off a very powerful polaris, iceman, and bishop while being suffocated by storm.

Storm clearly indicated that she was spending all her power trying to wrest control of the lightning back from Magneto. Magneto threw Colossus at Storm earlier on when she changed the air pressure on him. those are two different times. And Magneto was able to take Storm's lightning control away WHILE fighting the rest of the X-men. Not my fault Storm can't multi-task like Magneto can.

You're also missing an important point. If Storm and Iceman all focused on powering up Polaris, then those are two fewer people to actually fight Magneto. Magneto can mind-control both Bishop and Iceman to attack Storm and Polaris, or can mind-control Iceman to power Magneto up too.

Are there scenarios you can come up with where the team can get a win? Possibly, comic writers do it all the time. But there are FAR more scenarios in which this goes horribly, horribly wrong for them.

stormfront13
storm wasn't really concentrating on that lightning bolt, she was concentrating on suffocating magneto, and magneto tripled the power of the bolt so it wouild be even harder for her to. also you forget that when that happened storm had very little expierence doing stuff like that, but magneto had tons. and magneto was in a force-field, i would hardly count that as fighting the x-men . and that was a very long time ago, both are a lot stronger and more powerful now. all storm will have to do is touch polaris to power her up. if magneto wants to steal the energy then he will have to be touching polaris as well. magneto will also be doing all this while not being able to breath, kinda hard to defeat them all then hugh?

Timslar
Just though I'd ask something. If Polaris was powered up by Storm, at all, wouldn't Magneto be able to just take it? Why wait for lightning?

Oh, and to add one more thing....demigawd is always right. =P
Hah, kidding...but not really 'cause I've never personally seen him wrong on these forums.

Creshosk
yes
Subatomic levels.

Swanky-Tuna
storm can walk up to polaris, touch her neck
Yes, now rub her back. That's nice. Now smell her a little.

stormfront13
to get the power-up from storm and polaris he will need to be touching them because storm is sending the currrent through lorna's body which lorna will absorb

Swanky-Tuna
to get the power-up from storm and polaris he will need to be touching them because storm is sending the currrent through lorna's body which lorna will absorb
You're not making it sound any less filthy.

stormfront13
well, that's the way it is lol

Nataku8188
Magneto does like he did in Fatal attractions. He freezes them all, then kills them one at a time at his leisure.

demigawd
storm wasn't really concentrating on that lightning bolt, she was concentrating on suffocating magneto, and magneto tripled the power of the bolt so it wouild be even harder for her to. also you forget that when that happened storm had very little expierence doing stuff like that, but magneto had tons. and magneto was in a force-field, i would hardly count that as fighting the x-men . and that was a very long time ago, both are a lot stronger and more powerful now. all storm will have to do is touch polaris to power her up. if magneto wants to steal the energy then he will have to be touching polaris as well. magneto will also be doing all this while not being able to breath, kinda hard to defeat them all then hugh?

No she wasn't. Those are two different times in the battle. And you're right, she IS more experienced now than before...and Magneto has gotten A LOT more powerful. He's grown more powerful than she has proportionately because he's had both natural and artificial powerups since then. And how can you say that Magneto's use of a forcefield doesn't count as fighting the X-men? Are you kidding me? lol.

All Storm has to do is touch Polaris to power her up? Just like that? hahaha...So now Storm is Loki, huh? *poof* "power up!" Now Polaris is more powerful than Magneto! Bull...

And I find that idea that Storm would power up Polaris by touch comical:

Storm: I'm going to touch you and make you stronger
Polaris: ok, but I'm flying to the right
Storm: I'll hang on to your neck to keep powering you up
Polaris: oh, wait, he's blasting in my direction
Storm: right or left? right or left?!?
Polaris: Right, no lef....*blast*

It's a little early in the thread to start with the desperate ideas, lol.

And I don't recall Magneto ever having to touch Polaris or Storm to take their powers, do you?

demigawd
Originally posted by Timslar

Oh, and to add one more thing....demigawd is always right. =P
Hah, kidding...but not really 'cause I've never personally seen him wrong on these forums.

Damn skippy. wink

stormfront13

^^why is it funny. storm sends an electrical current through lornas body, lorna will absorb it to become more powerful, it's an easy task.

It's a littlel early in the thread to start with the desperate ideas, lol.

^yeah, i'm hardly desperate.

And I don't recall Magneto ever having to touch Polaris or Storm to take their powers, do you?

^^storm shot at magneto, that let megneto having a fighting chance from an already weakened, concentrating on another task storm. here she won't evenb be shoting near magneto, the surge will be going through lorna's body, so magneto will have to touch polaris to even get the surge as well.

demigawd

^^why is it funny. storm sends an electrical current through lornas body, lorna will absorb it to become more powerful, it's an easy task.

You're missing an important point, here. You don't just go "touch" *powerup*, it takes a long and sustained charge for there to be an effect. Is Storm going to hang on to Polaris for dear life while not using her power for anything else while dodging Magneto's attacks? C'mon, now. While Storm is sending currents or whatever through Polaris, Magneto skewers Storm and then takes out Polaris. Too easy.

That's NOT how it happened. Read #112 again. She focused entirely on generating a blizzard that battered Magneto, but also made him a living superconductor. Storm was NOT concentrating on another task. She tended to Hank who was hurt with a static shock by Magneto, then she got up and realized she had to attack Magneto full power, and she did it by generating a blizzard that took Magneto by surprise and ALMOST knocked him unconscious but she held back at the last second. He took took control of the storm from her and knocked her out. So don't make excuses for Storm, especially since Magneto had A LOT more things to deal with at the same time than she did. Storm used her trump card and lost, he knows her measure now, so that's it for her.

Well, like I said, Storm isn't going to be clinging to Polaris during the whole fight like some mutant Siamese twins powering her up while Polaris dodges all over the place. Secondly, Magneto controls EM energy. The very presence of it gives Magneto the ability to control it. Third, even if he couldn't do that...he could just take the power from Polaris directly, benefiting from her power up.

In any event, it never gets to that point because they'll all be DEAD before that kind of convoluted plan takes effect...

stormfront13
That's NOT how it happened. Read #112 again. She focused entirely on generating a blizzard that battered Magneto, but also made him a living superconductor. Storm was NOT concentrating on another task

^^oooohohhhh, lol I'm not talking about 112.

You're missing an important point, here. You don't just go "touch" *powerup*, it takes a long and sustained charge for there to be an effect. Is Storm going to hang on to Polaris for dear life while not using her power for anything else while dodging Magneto's attacks? C'mon, now. While Storm is sending currents or whatever through Polaris, Magneto skewers Storm and then takes out Polaris. Too easy.

polaris is able to absorb electricity to become more powerful, nothing is stopping her from becoming more powerful here while she absorbs storms lightning.

Secondly, Magneto controls EM energy. The very presence of it gives Magneto the ability to control it.

^^yeah he will be fighting a polaris that becomes more powerful by the second, iceman who is god-like, storm, and bishop, all at the same time while not being able to breath

demigawd
That's NOT how it happened. Read #112 again. She focused entirely on generating a blizzard that battered Magneto, but also made him a living superconductor. Storm was NOT concentrating on another task

^^oooohohhhh, lol I'm not talking about 112.

What issue ARE you talking about, then?

But you're saying that Storm is only going to do that by touching her. So, what, then? Are they going to cling to each other for dear life flying around like jackrabbits...that fly...while Magneto stands there, with Storm saying, "Hurry up! Absorb! Absorb!"? lol. It took an entire storm for Magneto to get more powerful, and storm isn't going to close the gap between Lorna and Magneto by hitting her with lightning a few times. If it were that easy, Magneto would just hit himself with lightning, lol.

In the amount of times that it takes Storm to latch on to Polaris and start charging her, Magneto turns Storm's body against her. Or mind controls her to stop. Or puts her to sleep. Or sucks her into a black hole. Or impales her with metal. Or roasts her with microwaves. Or whatever the Hell else he wants.

If you were worried about Storm not being able to concentrate before, what's she going to do when trying to divide her attention between fighting Magneto and clinging to Polaris like Ellen Degeneres clings to Anne Heche? Bishop is easy meat, and Magneto can simply mind control Iceman into powering Magneto up too.

Nope...still not happening.

Timslar
...Do I have to repeat myself? =P

stormfront13
What issue ARE you talking about, then?

^^the one where storm suffocated magneto

a big enough surge of electricity will make polaris stronger, it has happened in the past. magneto will have to be a fighting iceman, polaris, and storm while not being able to breath. it will be very hard to even use powers when your brain is getting no oxygen. the x-men will be putting up a good fight, which means magneto will exhaust himself quicker

demigawd
Oh, I know what issue you're talking about - 113. Where the X-men ambush Magneto at his lair. Storm changed the air pressure on him, which made it harder for him to breathe (but not impossible to breath...it was like fighting at high altitudes), yes, but so what? He still handled them just fine, and this was a group that included PHOENIX, Colossus and Wolverine and Cyclops. No big deal.

Onikirimaru
Magnetic Tempest x3 thats all i gotta say about that.

FieryBalrog

but it has nothing to do with wormholes.

demigawd
Sure it does. wormholes are blackholes with exits. Blackholes are naturally found in collapsed stars, but can theoretically be generated with enough gravitic force. According to UFT (which was proven in the MU), gravity and EM energy are aspects of the same thing. Therefore, magnetic force can generate enough gravitic force to cause the creation of a black hole.

stormfront13
yes, but storm has also made it impossible for phoenix to breath, with a vortex/tornado thing, so she could definitley do it to magneto

demigawd
when was this? What issue and/or storyline?

stormfront13
um......not sure the issue but............they were in japan i think

Wanderer259
Just how is Storm going to generate enough power to supercharge Lorna AND create a massive whirlwind thing that'll suck all the oxygen from around Magneto's person at the same time?

stormfront13
it's called multi-tasking. it is really simple. storm only needs to really send one very powerful surge through polaris to make her more powerful, and the vortex thing is easy for storm

Wanderer259
As far as I'm aware, calling such a feat mere 'multi-tasking' would be doing it a discredit. Multi-tasking is for things such as typing at the computer while speaking to another person, not generating two different massive storms simultaneously.

demigawd
um......not sure the issue but............they were in japan i think

I'm pretty damn good with X-men issues and storylines. I remember nothing like this. You're going to have to give me more details. At least enough to know if it was "Phoenix" or "Jean" we're talking about. There's a world of difference.

stormfront13
well in the issue jean was going by the codename phoenix, and she was wearing that red costume

stormfront13
*****two different massive storms simultaneously******

so now all of a sudden shooting a powerful lightning bolt is a difficult task? as is creating something she has already done many times in hte past?

Wanderer259
Can she summon two different storms at the same time? And it's already been shown that a single lightning bolt, no matter the charge, is not enough to supercharge Lorna nearly enough to be much of a threat to Magneto. Not to mention that the bolt can be redirected by Magneto straight back to Storm, frying her and dispelling any wind vortex she may create.

stormfront13
and as i said, storm will know from expierence to put the bolt directly into lorna, seriously this shouldn't even be debated, doing this sin't hard for storm.

demigawd
well in the issue jean was going by the codename phoenix, and she was wearing that red costume

You're making this up. Jean never had a red costume as Phoenix. The red costume was Dark Phoenix. Are you trying to tell me Storm suffocated the Dark Phoenix?

Since I don't believe you, and you can't remember the issue number of the storyline name, you're going to have to give me specific details about what happened, otherwise I'm going to disregard that example.

Either way, Storm already tried it to Magneto, and it didn't suffocate him by any stretch. He still held his own against the entire team. This is no different.

stormfront13
You're making this up. Jean never had a red costume as Phoenix. The red costume was Dark Phoenix. Are you trying to tell me Storm suffocated the Dark Phoenix?

^^it was not the dark phoenix costume, it was this one
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y97/stormfront13/jean-bigcostume12.bmp

seriously you actually think I'd lie on a forum? I'm not that pathetic, you really can't accept the fact that you didn't remember something though to actually call me a liar? and storm didn't do the same thing she did to jean to magneto, this is totally different, she became stronger and leanred how to completley suffocate someone. jean came up to storm and tried to attack her. storm said something like

"how will you atttack me when you yourself have no air"

storm created the vortex thing and jean grabbed her throat and fell to her knees

demigawd
Assuming it DID happen, that's not Jean as Phoenix, it's just Jean. Magneto's forcefield allows him to fly into space - a vacuum. That means it holds in air and remains pressurized. That trick won't work on him.

stormfront13
it DID happen. they refered to her as phoenix in the issue, and she even has the phoenix emblem on her costume, and if it can't work, then how come he couldn't breath when she did before

Wanderer259
Wait, you say she's done it to Magneto before, but a few posts back, you claimed it was theoretically possible because she's done it to the Phoenix. Please try to stay consistent.

demigawd
it DID happen. they refered to her as phoenix in the issue, and she even has the phoenix emblem on her costume, and if it can't work, then how come he couldn't breath when she did before

When she changed the air pressure on him, he didn't realize what was happening, so he didn't feel the need to put his shield up. But you said yourself that she's doing something totally different to him this time, and if she's "suffocating" him, then he's obviously going to put his shield up and stop it. Magneto flies in the vacuum of space, you think a vortex or a change in pressure is going to stop him? C'mon now.

stormfront13
Wait, you say she's done it to Magneto before, but a few posts back, you claimed it was theoretically possible because she's done it to the Phoenix. Please try to stay consistent.

^^ugh....she's done it to both of them. and demi in uxn, it said he had a shield up..i think, though i'm not sure

demigawd
He didn't. They ambushed him. His shield gets him and others into space. The environment won't change anything.

stormfront13
and who's to say he will have his shield up when the fight starts. it worked once, it can work again. storm will do the vortex thing right around his body as she did to jean grey, instantly(it appeared instantly in the comic), if he puts up his shield the vortex will still be there.

demigawd
1. Magneto not putting his shield up was PIS.
2. Storm's attack didn't do much to Magneto except fatigue him faster. He wasn't like, "I can't breathe! I'm suffocating!" he was like, "Man, I'm getting kinda winded. I wonder why?".
3. He'll end the fight before that becomes a factor, or
4. just put up his shield and be done with it.
5. Storm's trick only works in confined spaces where you can lower the air pressure in a room. We're not fighting in a confined space, so
6. Magneto could just fly away from the vortex.

No, sorry, too many options for Magneto to not be affected by that, and all he has to do is fling Storm into space by the iron in her blood. Or mind control her to stop. Or blast her to hell. Or snatch Polaris' power away. or mind control Bishop to blast her. Or whatever the hell else he wants. Storm isn't affecting this fight, I guarantee.

This fight is still a horrible, horrible mismatch.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.