Wonderman vs Superboy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

yahman
The Strong Guy wannabees

Both of them are strong, but niether are not quite on the level of Thor or Superman.

Wonderman has been on the avengers roster for some time, but he has always been in the shadow of Thor and Herc. Yet he was always seen as stronger than the likes of vision and She hulk. He has also displayed some impressive feats (not many though); He easilly stopped a printing press with the power of 50 kilotons, and managed to hold up the skyskraper that was thrown at him by Nefaris. It is also rumored that in his first apperance he took the Avengers apart.

Superboy was cloned by starlabs to create a new Superman. Although it was originally thought that Superboy had super strength but it soons discovered that he had a form of tactile telekinesis. This though is formidable in its own right and has been used to stop trains, and nuclear missiles. I also heard he recently took out thye entire teen titans roster.

Ok Wondermans in his Ionic form he is really pissed. He has just found out that Wanda serioulsy likes me, and the fight will be set in some non biased arena, umm i dont know the French alps. Who Wins u decide

DarkCrawler
Superboy is stronger, probably slightly slower, but his near complete immunity to physical attacks makes it up.

I think that Superboy wins.

willRules
Spidey beat Superboy so wonderman stands a good chance........................

DarkCrawler
It was Marvel DC crossover and therefore it is not counted.

yahman
'It was Marvel DC crossover and therefore it is not counted.'

Why is it generally accepted that the crossover mean sweet FA

DarkCrawler
Marvel/DC crossover was fan-voted. For example, Wolverine defeated Lobo.

That is why it won't be counted.

yahman
Yeh that make sense but why are all the other cossovers discarded aswell?

DarkCrawler
Because usually they include something that is called:

SvFL

Spiderman vs. Firelord, or SvFL, is a shorthand that refers to any time when a character performs a feat that their powers and skills should be blatantly insufficient for, and is not repeated or is rarely repeated again relative to the character's overall established career, as well as the character's opponents' established showings. In statistical terms, it is an outlier, something that is radically beyond the character's established capabilities. For example, Spiderman defeating a herald of Galactus is a case of the SvFL exemption; however, Batman being able to sneak up on Superman is not because he has done so frequently under different writers.
For standard debates, feats considered to fall under the SvFL exemption are not valid. Likewise, examples of writing which go against firmly set canon are also ignored. For example, in Larry Hama's run of Batman and Grell's run of Iron Man, both characters were out of character and did things very much against established canon; therefore those runs are disregarded.

whirlysplat
Never send a "Wonder"man to do a "Super" boy's job!

yahman
' Larry Hama's run of Batman and Grell's run of Iron Man, both characters were out of character and did things very much against established canon; therefore those runs are disregarded.'

Cool what type of things were they doing?

Do you diseragard the recent JLA/Avengers crossover. I know its a bit off the point but who cares.

Scoobless
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Superboy is stronger, probably slightly slower, but his near complete immunity to physical attacks makes it up.

I think that Superboy wins.

Wonderman is said to be physically indestructible.... and nothing has disproved that yet... he also beat Thor (without the hammer) he doesn't need to breath or sleep so his stamina may be greater than S-Boy

i'd go with Wonderman on this

yahman
'Wonderman is said to be physically indestructible.... and nothing has disproved that yet... he also beat Thor (without the hammer) he doesn't need to breath or sleep so his stamina may be greater than S-Boy'

A suitable significant force can knock him out of his ionic phase. I don't know how durable he is in this form though?

I doubt Superboy could generate the force needed.

DarkCrawler
Superboy is Class 100, though.

yahman
'Superboy is Class 100, though.'
Yeh man definately. He's probaly as strong as someone like Abomination or even stronger.

Whose considered stronger by the D.C. universe Superboy or Aquaman?

Scoobless
Originally posted by yahman
A suitable significant force can knock him out of his ionic phase. I don't know how durable he is in this form though?

he can be knocked out... but even if he is his body is still permeated with ionic energy and is still indestructible...... the purple energy covering he's had since his "rebirth" is theorised to give him additional durability and strength.... without it he's still tough as hell

DrDoom
I say Superboy wins 6/10. He friggin' dismantled the Titans in no time flat--it REALLY showed what he was capable of doing when he cut loose.

Wonderman can hang with him though.He's just as strong and more experienced, and it's hard as hell to KO him.

If it was adult Conner though....

K3VIL
Originally posted by yahman
'Superboy is Class 100, though.'
Yeh man definately. He's probaly as strong as someone like Abomination or even stronger.

Whose considered stronger by the D.C. universe Superboy or Aquaman?
Superboy, not the current, but not long time ago, shrugged off Aquaman's best blows in hth combat and then backhanded him like a b.i.t.ch.
Superboy is a high Class 100 Strenght possessor.
His telekinetic aura gives him invulnerability from both energy and physical attacks on an outstanding degree.
He possess superhuman reflexes and reaction time, a heal factor that saved him from nuclear annihilation.
He can fly at great speeds, reaching escape velocity.
His tactile telekinesis in on a high level now, so high that like sayed, he beat the crap out of the Titans like he was fightning the great lake avengers.
He can project heat vision, and now possess superhuman senses.

Wonderman is still a force to reckon with, altough his body can't be destroyed, he can be knocked unconscious.
During JLA/AVENGERS Superman hit him with a strong punch, indeed very strong cause a huge ionic burst was caused from the impact on WM'S body.
Superboy can do the same.
Wonderman's durability isn't in the same repart of SB, his reflexes are tough considerable so he can match him in slugfest, but he can fight at peak condition for an hour before tire out

Scoobless
don't knock the GLA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.