how strong is GREENLANTERN!!!???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jacobo0o
ok i always thought that iron man(my favorite)
would be a good match for
green lantern but ive been hearing alot on how strong
green lantern is....
so can sombody tell me how strong he is?

DigiMark007
Wrong forum (try the comic movies forum) but GL's fluctuate quite a bit. A regular GL (not Ion/Parallax/Spectre/etc) has the potential to be probably somewhere between Thanos and the most powerful heralds. I can't see any GL beating Thanos, but on a good day I would pick Hal or Alan (maybe others) over anyone lower than Thanos. I wouldn't know where to put them in the DC hierarchy exactly, but that's my opinion on them.

-DM

8bitChris
GLs, all of them, have been handily beaten numerous times by many people lower than Thanos's level.

Zahit
depends which one.
Kilowog has superhuman strength....many tons can he lift.
Hal Jordan was an airforce pilot....maybe twice as strong as me...
John Stewart was a marine.....maybe 2-3 times as strong as me...
Guy Gardner is crazy.....maybe twice as strong as me....
Kyle Rayner was an artist.....about as strong as me.....

8bitChris
Zing!

Zahit
Pow!

DigiMark007
Originally posted by 8bitChris
GLs, all of them, have been handily beaten numerous times by many people lower than Thanos's level.

Yeah, but like I said they fluctuate. I'm talking about the best GL's in a good showing. GL's have taken down Superman-or-better types plenty of times too, and Kyle (not one of the best GL's) managed to hang with Surfer in a crossover...the best one's like Alan or Hal (possibly John) I'd say could beat him around 50% of the time (maybe more). And Surfer is almost as good as you can get without breaking into the Thanos level (that's debatable, but he's relatively close). The JSA considers Alan Scott their "big gun", which includes Captain Marvel (who's right around Superman's level) and many others. Superman once stated that Hal possessed more power than any other member of the JLA. So yeah, they've lost some too...but they all have the potential to be uber-powerful.

-DM

jacobo0o
so lets say its the average GL
since i have to find out more information about GL
through comic book or so
so to u guyz according im guessing that GL would beat iron man??

jacobo0o
and i think this is kinda a VS forum

manjaro
actually GL's can be a strong as they want to be. in the original ss vs HAl thread someone posted pictures of hal turning his body into a robot so he could survive having an arm severed and you could see the robotic parts in the severed arm so if they are smart all any of them would have to do is will the ring to re-order thier atoms to fortify thier entire molecular structure to grant them strentgh of any degree they choose

or they can just keep it simple and do like what superboy did when he temporarily lost his powers and wore a force belt that mimicked super strentgh by casting a null gravity field around objects he touched. so since they wear force fields around them anyway they could just make it negate gravity around things they come in contact with. thats why i think i would be the most deadly GL everlaughing cuz once i have the ring i could replicate anybody's powers at will. thats also why sinestro continues to plague them single handedly cuz he alone as crazy ideas like those

Zahit
Gnort is a loser....definitely weaker than me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.