religion and politics-should they mix?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evanescence
do you think that relgion and politics should mix? should a president or prime minister make decisions based on what they, or others, believe?

when the issue of gay marriage comes up, as it does quite often, religious leaders jumpo up and down and will say that it should not be allowed because of what the bible says.

should we be consulting the bible every time we need to make an important decision?

it is not just gay marriage, it is euthanasia, abortion, many many issues, do you think we should ignore the bible when making decisions? and do you think that wehn a decsion has been made, relgious leaders should be alloweed to try to change that decsion?

clickclick
observe president bush and you'll have your answer.

Atlantis001

Shakyamunison
If you are looking at the evil side, or the 3 lower worlds, then it does not matter, evil will do as evil does. The bible is not evil, nor is President Bush, it is what people do to hurt other that is evil. Most of the time when religion and politics have mixed, the result is people who seek power can disguise themselves and do evil acts.

debbiejo
History answers that question........Nope

hotsauce6548
No, they should not mix. They do, however, which is the main driver of the problems in the world today.

mr.smiley
I hope they never do.Bush has diguised this as a religous war when it's just a war for oil and money.

cking
true, the terrorists and the middle east depend on oil for survival.

JimMorrison227
Should aids and cancer mix? No.

alcoholicpoet
Hell no! America and Europe would be ruled by multiple religions resulting in civil war.

cking
eventually they will mix.

Shakyamunison
IF that happened, do you think that Buddhists like me would be killed?

cking
I don't know? we would all be killed.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by cking
I don't know? we would all be killed.

Not you you have blimd faith

cking
I never hear of BLIMD faith before? This must be something new?

Darthburgerking
What do you mean by IF it happened it IS happening, America is getting closer to a theocracy all the time, and as history shows theocracys are very bad.

cking
America is becoming more unamerican everyday.

Shakyamunison
I never hear of BLIMD faith before? This must be something new?

Oh well, never said I was perfect...

finti
and you see that as a bad thing???????

debbiejo
Originally posted by finti
and you see that as a bad thing???????

Can you explain what you mean?.... blink

cking
they are leaving the faith big time.

finti
evil face

if you ask an European what is consider to be American, faith wouldnt make top 5

finti
on the subject should religion and politics mix
laughing out loud laughing great comaparison

cking
yep, religion doesn't even make the top ten in that country. Even soccer is a bigger name than that. they should never mix, it would destroy both.

debbiejo
yep, religion doesn't even make the top ten in that country. Even soccer is a bigger name than that. they should never mix, it would destroy both.

I read the Pope was thinking about changing the day of worship cause people would rather participate in sports then go to church...

Politics and religions would be a scary place...It would be conform or be ???????.....I don't know if they could really get away with it today....really.....

finti
if you refering to Europe it aint a contry and soccer is called Football

debbiejo

Maybe we should go back to hedonism....I've heard that a good religion.. big grin

finti
it is

debbiejo
they are leaving the faith big time.

Ever wonder why??????.....And ever wonder why in the middle ages the church tried to keep knowledge from the people........

Knowledge is the key.....that's why.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
Ever wonder why??????.....And ever wonder why in the middle ages the church tried to keep knowledge from the people........

Knowledge is the key.....that's why.

Shhhhhhhhhhh... don't tell anyone that!

Atlantis001
RELIGION IS POLITICS ! They even have a country to rule... like Vatican

debbiejo
Originally posted by Atlantis001
RELIGION IS POLITICS ! They even have a country to rule... like Vatican

But they're working on it....They're everywhere.....Seen em......

Some day we may see this.

maham
i think they shud

ISlam is a religion which i find very close our daily lives n since politics n everythin is included in that so yeah they shud mix.Islam ,though speakin of performin religious duties, also gives rules abt the daily life n also the worst of situations so follow it's rules properly n u'll succeed

cking
nuns with guns! whoa! no need to argue with them about religion.

Storm
No, they shouldn' t. Religion almost necessarily makes absolute and uncompromising demands on a believer. Politics, on the other hand, requires that a person be willing to negotiate, compromise, and to give up on some of what they want in order for the process to work.

Alliance
Imo religion could use some politics (as in negotiation)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.