Anakin Lost His Arm in Ep. II...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JediLikeToDance
...umm, yeah. He evenly duels Dooku until George was like "okay, Anakin needs to lose his arm now". So when Dooku does a little dance, instead of taking advantage of the moment and eliminating Dooku (and quoting Obi-Wan, should they kill him they could end the war then and there), Anakin just stands there holding his saber in a ridiculous pose. He allows Dooku to do a dance and chop off his arm (and if you watch it in slo-mo, you'll see that actually Anakin spreads out his arm so that Dooku can chop it off with ease. Talk about giving the old man a break!). Poor guy; if I didn't know better I would have guessed that he wanted to lose an arm. Seriously, he spreads out his arm as Dooku does the twirl. Watch it and provide me with feedback! smile

My favorite part of ROTS was where Palp revealed himself. He took out the Jedi in the best possible way. They were wimps! So he just sticks all of 'em as they scream and I was laughing, just thinking about Mace watching his poor friends go down. My favorite quote was "You, sir, are under arrest!" The pathetic guy just lost 3 friends to the ultimate sith lord, just had a crazy 1o1 duel with the dude and he was going to "arrest" him? Let's face it, Mace sucks.

The Jedi suck.

General Zodiac
Dooku used the force push to have Anakin hold out his arms cause he tried to push him back but Anakin sort of blocked but that gave Dooku the chance to slice and dice and win.

LordSorgo
Originally posted by JediLikeToDance
...umm, yeah. He evenly duels Dooku until George was like "okay, Anakin needs to lose his arm now". So when Dooku does a little dance, instead of taking advantage of the moment and eliminating Dooku (and quoting Obi-Wan, should they kill him they could end the war then and there), Anakin just stands there holding his saber in a ridiculous pose. He allows Dooku to do a dance and chop off his arm (and if you watch it in slo-mo, you'll see that actually Anakin spreads out his arm so that Dooku can chop it off with ease. Talk about giving the old man a break!). Poor guy; if I didn't know better I would have guessed that he wanted to lose an arm. Seriously, he spreads out his arm as Dooku does the twirl. Watch it and provide me with feedback! smile

My favorite part of ROTS was where Palp revealed himself. He took out the Jedi in the best possible way. They were wimps! So he just sticks all of 'em as they scream and I was laughing, just thinking about Mace watching his poor friends go down. My favorite quote was "You, sir, are under arrest!" The pathetic guy just lost 3 friends to the ultimate sith lord, just had a crazy 1o1 duel with the dude and he was going to "arrest" him? Let's face it, Mace sucks.

The Jedi suck.

I'm sure Anakin wanted to lose his arm. He probably faked the scream too. Maybe it wasn't a scream, but a laugh! Hell, maybe the scream was actually a force power called "Force fake a scream that is actually a laugh".

A Dance? Oh yeah! That's right! The special spaniard dance called "Form II"! Holy, he must have taken some serious dance lessons to learn that kind of hardcore shit!

Try better next time, Foo!

kremzike
I tried to learn that dance one time, but all I did was hit my funny bone.

Captain REX
Anakin screamed when he lost his arm? I didn't hear it. All I heard was *climactic music* Vwum! Thud...

Yes, nice dance, that. Mating dance, actually. Quite attractive to the Sith Lords.

Why are we discussing the loss of Anakin's arm in Episode II if this is the Episode III forum?

Darth Zenemij
Hmmm, confusing Form 2 with a dance, not knowing that Dooku could have used the force to stretch his arm out for him to slice, I say your very badly informed.

Captain REX
They could have at least made it look better. Dooku didn't make any silly hand gestures that usually go with powers, so he didn't use the Force to stretch him out. He only Force pushed him after he had flayed off his arm.

And why does it say banned in your avy, Darth?

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Captain REX
They could have at least made it look better. Dooku didn't make any silly hand gestures that usually go with powers, so he didn't use the Force to stretch him out. He only Force pushed him after he had flayed off his arm.

Because he wanted it to say Restricted, but he can't stick out tongue.

Now, I hate watching Episodes II and III together, look where Anakin's arm get cut off...ABOVE the elbow...look in Episode III, the cybernetic arm is BELOW the elbow, plus it doesn't look anything like the hand at the end of Episode II.

Now...moving to Episode II forum.

JediLikeToDance
Originally posted by Darth Zenemij
Hmmm, confusing Form 2 with a dance, not knowing that Dooku could have used the force to stretch his arm out for him to slice, I say your very badly informed.

Sorry, I'm pretty ignorant about the various "forms" and the force; I don't invest a whole lot of time in one man's creation that has a whole lot of inconsistencies. smile

You just want to make an excuse for a poorly done fight scene. Well, go ahead; in my opinion the fight scene wasn't bad, don't get me wrong; they just made the ending look really pathetic.

Oh yeah. The part about using the force to stretch his arm out is total BS. big grin

DenKi
they should of made it more clearer, we should of seen Dooku use the force and hold Anakin or somthing then slice of his hand, instead of Anakin just standing still and letting dooku chop of his arm.......................

JediLikeToDance
Originally posted by DenKi
they should of made it more clearer, we should of seen Dooku use the force and hold Anakin or somthing then slice of his hand, instead of Anakin just standing still and letting dooku chop of his arm.......................

I think it was just a screw-up. I don't think George intended there to be any force powers involved there until Dooku actually force pushes Anakin AFTER he chops off his arm. Anakin is just standing there like an idiot waiting for his arm to be cut off because they screwed up the scene. You guys are just all too caught up in Star Wars and would rather not pick it apart (although some of you have done worse than this). wink Which I can understand, considering some of you live for the story of a galaxy far, far away. Just remember that Star Wars II is regarded as one of the worst in the saga, so why defend it? Aren't most of you embarassed that this movie bears the title "STAR WARS"? In that case, why think up theories to cover up a director's shortcomings? Y'all are too nice to George. wink

yerssot
I thought so too when I saw it, and still see it...
He had considering his abilities a lot of opportunity to kill Dooku but just... stands there when Dooku does a few twists and then simply can cut off his arm

darht dude
he left him self open thats why his arm was cut of
bashbash

Darth Zenemij
Originally posted by Captain REX]

I just put banned underneath it for no reason really.

General Zodiac
Originally posted by kremzike
I tried to learn that dance one time, but all I did was hit my funny bone.
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

matreid
Originally posted by darht dude
he left him self open thats why his arm was cut of
bashbash

No, really? wink

b-dan

sith rule!!
The Jedi suck.

JediLikeToDance
You added "sith rule!" to my quote, dude.

You suck. big grin

Darth Kronos
What the f**k?

JediLikeToDance
Originally posted by Darth Kronos
What the f**k?

That's right dude. Hope you had fun making a nice purple face. laughing

....Ummm, could this be an opportune time to say OWNAGE? big grin

matreid
dontgetit

JediLikeToDance
Originally posted by matreid
dontgetit

Not supposed to. big grin

Can this be an opportune time to do a banana man dance? Happy Dance

matreid
I guess...

Captain REX
I'm severely confused...

matreid
Good for you...

Captain REX
Isn't it though?

matreid
Yep. I have no idea what anybody's talking about. At all. Not even you.

Man, I feel so stoned right now...

stick out tongue

Captain REX
Gee, that's fun!

SithHappens
If you notice Dooku had just blocked one of Ani's attacks, causing his arm to fly out like that and Tyranus took the oppertunity to cut it off. And to your other statement, they are forms of lightsaber combat not Force.

JediLikeToDance
Originally posted by SithHappens
If you notice Dooku had just blocked one of Ani's attacks, causing his arm to fly out like that and Tyranus took the oppertunity to cut it off. And to your other statement, they are forms of lightsaber combat not Force.

Load of crap. smile

His arm did not fly out after a block. Anakin stands still while allowing Dookue to cut his arm off. Watch it! Watch it! WATCH IT.

Stop making excuses for a pathetic duel. I've had enough of them.

Just admit it, the ending to that fight scene was GARBAGE. Not at all worthy to be in a Star Wars movie...just George's little added touch to make Episode II one of the worst in the saga.

The fact is, Anakin holds his stance so unconvincingly after having proved that he was a great duelist. George just wanted the fight to come to an end, and Anakin had to lose his arm. So he lost it in the worst way possible. It looked AWFUL. Accept it and stop making excuses. PLEASE!

As for the forms....I don't give a crap. smile

Captain REX
So what if it was garbage? I don't really even watch Episode II very often... stick out tongue

And the Forms are EU, so are completely irrelevant to the conversation.

JediLikeToDance
So what if it was garbage? I don't really even watch Episode II very often... stick out tongue

And the Forms are EU, so are completely irrelevant to the conversation.

I like your post.

You're okay, dude. cool

LordSorgo
Load of crap. smile

His arm did not fly out after a block. Anakin stands still while allowing Dookue to cut his arm off. Watch it! Watch it! WATCH IT.

Stop making excuses for a pathetic duel. I've had enough of them.

Just admit it, the ending to that fight scene was GARBAGE. Not at all worthy to be in a Star Wars movie...just George's little added touch to make Episode II one of the worst in the saga.

The fact is, Anakin holds his stance so unconvincingly after having proved that he was a great duelist. George just wanted the fight to come to an end, and Anakin had to lose his arm. So he lost it in the worst way possible. It looked AWFUL. Accept it and stop making excuses. PLEASE!

As for the forms....I don't give a crap. smile

I want you to try an remake AOTC and i wanna watch it and see how good it is, okay?

Until then, try to shut your mouth more often.

Captain REX
I like your post.

You're okay, dude. cool

I guess that's good, coming from a newer member... big grin

Sorgo, the sarcastic comment would work if you didn't try to insult him too...

LordSorgo
I guess that's good, coming from a newer member... big grin

Sorgo, the sarcastic comment would work if you didn't try to insult him too...

I am a pig. I had to add the chocolate syrup on my already chocolate ice cream...

...It's a quality metaphor.... *Coughs*

Captain REX
That's just dandy.

LordSorgo
That's just dandy.

Well, i have seen worse so i cannot complain.

Captain REX
http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/cwm/big/disturbed.gif

Lord Matreid
http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/cwm/big/disturbed.gif

Whoah!!!

big grin

DerekBrown60

The line is "In the name of the Galactic Senate of the Republic, you're under arrest, Chancellor. " and he said it BEFORE the lightsaber battle began, knucklehead.

Sith Master X
I did like the Palpatine revelation.

But one of the things that did bother me about ROTS is what a dummy Mace was.

It's pretty much implied all along that Mace and the rest of the council are concerned about Anakin. Mace even tells Obi-Wan "I don't trust him."

Then, after a brief conversation where Anakin tells Mace "Um..., I think like Palpatine is the baddest guy in the universe ever" Mace takes his word for it and decides to arrest him?????

That build up was very poor.

queeq
Very poor. In many respects.

Anakin's build up in that scene is just as poor. First he finds out that Palpy is the Sith Lord. Outraged he tells Mace (calmly walking in the hanger - WTF?), who immediately trusts him, collects a few Jedi and instantly rushes to arrest Palpy. Anakin wants to come and help but has to stay behind.
Anakin suddenly gets overwhelmed by some strange emotion that he needs Palpy, he rushes over, kills his fellow Jedi, then cries "What have I done?" and then submits to Palpy's teaching.

If that isn't a prime example of poor build-up, I don't know what is.

Sith Master X
Yeah, no arguments there for sure.

That was the worst part of ROTS in my opinion.

The scene should have had Anakin running to the council with some sort of musical build up or something...I don't know.

queeq
Character build up to start with.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.