Why no Shmi Skywalker in Episode III??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cybervader
Why didn't i see Shmi Skywalker in Episode III????!!

Hahaz..joking. Of course i know she died.. big grin

Dunno whether anyone has discuss this before..but yah..just a thought. I was thinkin it wud be gd to include Shmi in Episode III..not as a ghost of course..but more of flashbacks of Anakin perhaps. It would be impactful if we could see Anakin seeing images of his mum dying when he dreamt of Padme..the parellel between his premonitions.It would let viewers feel for Anakin's sense of lost,and utmost desire for him not to so-called repeat the same mistake.

His sense of lost is the most impt factor for turning to the Dark Side..so it would be great to show his mum in ROTS to reiterate the emptiness he felt in losing his mum.It would make his turn more convincing methinks.

This might sound crazy but why not Shmi as a ghost talking to Anakin? She's after all the Virgin Mother of the Chosen One..surely the Force could make her into a ghost.

SHMI : Annie, stay true to yourself, my son. Failure is not falling...Failure is the state where you're unable to pick yourself up after you fall...Don't look back..

ANAKIN: Mum! i'm confused..stay with me mum..Why do i feel so lonely and powerless?!

Then his turn to Darth Vader would be so overwhelming, for it is his quest for greater power after all .And how he would have forget the way his mum would have felt..

Moff jango
Srry i see no need to read ur post

Cybervader
why? any statements must be backed with sound reasons.. Unless u dun haf one..

The New History
this is just simply pointless. Your thinking of ideas to make the movie better and the fact is, that's not the way the movie is. So their is no point discussing it is there, just wasting your time.

Cybervader
hmm since when does this place turn so hostile? I thought the WHOLE POINT of having a forum is to discuss the movie? So what's wrong with "thinking of ideas to make the movie better"? Who's wasting who's time here??

Moff jango
Yeah, dats why!

Cybervader
that's why what?

Moff jango
I was replying to THN, jeez

McCusto
Only certain Jedi can learn to commune from the netherworld. And Shmi is not one of them smile

The New History
Originally posted by Cybervader
hmm since when does this place turn so hostile? I thought the WHOLE POINT of having a forum is to discuss the movie? So what's wrong with "thinking of ideas to make the movie better"? Who's wasting who's time here?? Maybe that's why I never come here anymore, it was fine guessing how the movie was gonna be when it hadn't come out yet, but now that it's out, it seems pointless.

Moff jango
yeah mate

Cybervader
Maybe..Perhaps..Possibly..

But that still does not give you the utmost right to stamp other's thoughts the way u did Your Highness. Then don't come here anymore then..and create a New History out of your self..yupz.

Nactous
Yep.

Boris
She's dead.

Ken Kenobi
hmm since when does this place turn so hostile? I thought the WHOLE POINT of having a forum is to discuss the movie? So what's wrong with "thinking of ideas to make the movie better"? Who's wasting who's time here??

Well, you would be wasting your time. erm

Thinking of ways to better a film that is already completed is doing nothing at all.

Sith-Nerd
thhis thread sucks, its pointless

DeVi| D0do
I think Shmi is dead...

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Sith-Nerd
thhis thread sucks, its pointless

Your post did nothing to change that, if you have nothing to add to the debate, then don't post in the thread just to say it sucks. I see this again you get your 2nd warning.

((The_Anomaly))
calm down ken, there are worse and far more annoying people then him

obi_wans_beard
Why didn't i see Shmi Skywalker in Episode III????!!

Hahaz..joking. Of course i know she died.. big grin

Dunno whether anyone has discuss this before..but yah..just a thought. I was thinkin it wud be gd to include Shmi in Episode III..not as a ghost of course..but more of flashbacks of Anakin perhaps. It would be impactful if we could see Anakin seeing images of his mum dying when he dreamt of Padme..the parellel between his premonitions.It would let viewers feel for Anakin's sense of lost,and utmost desire for him not to so-called repeat the same mistake.

His sense of lost is the most impt factor for turning to the Dark Side..so it would be great to show his mum in ROTS to reiterate the emptiness he felt in losing his mum.It would make his turn more convincing methinks.

This might sound crazy but why not Shmi as a ghost talking to Anakin? She's after all the Virgin Mother of the Chosen One..surely the Force could make her into a ghost.

SHMI : Annie, stay true to yourself, my son. Failure is not falling...Failure is the state where you're unable to pick yourself up after you fall...Don't look back..

ANAKIN: Mum! i'm confused..stay with me mum..Why do i feel so lonely and powerless?!

Then his turn to Darth Vader would be so overwhelming, for it is his quest for greater power after all .And how he would have forget the way his mum would have felt..

"Your mothers dead son!" big grin

I don't know why everyone has jumped on your back, everyone has a right to air their opinions on a forum and when someone disagrees with them they should reason why.

I personally don't think having Shmi appear as a ghost would have been a wise move, it would have thrown the audience. Also why would she appear as a ghost when even Jedi's haven't been able to at this point in time? Maybe a dream sequence when he saw his mother but when she turned around it was Padme would have been more effective.

Looking back at Episode II, I wish that we had seen a dream sequence of Anakins mother it would have been a lot more effective than him tossing and turning.

Sith-Nerd
because

DeVi| D0do
and

kalsemo
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
calm down ken, there are worse and far more annoying people then him

Yup, there is a lot worse "bashing" than the above poster.... I'm surprised that Ken gives a stern warning here when I've seen much more agressive (and graphic) bashing elsewhere which doesn't get a stern reply. Case in point: Dark Yoda who oftentime posts an evil zombie who kicks violently into his couch says "F*** Your thread". That to me is offesive and sick. But I don't see any stern warnings to him. Crap stuff like THAT should be banned. It is irritating when no mods say anything about that.... I've seen the zombie numerous times and he just gets away with it..... Please, Ken be a bit more fair in your warnings...

Captain REX
Sith-Nerd. Shush.

laughing out loud Evil zombie? That's Dave Chapelle as Rick James! laughing out loud

p. skywalker
words of thought; I have learned not to attack the mods for thier point of veiw, or their discplining of another member.. ..
I think Ken's point was it is usless for 1000 people to keep saying this is useless, this sucks, stupid thread... after a while it is quite annoying.. if some one says it once thqts fien but then the calvary charges in saying the exact same thing..

( personally the whole kicking the couch thing is funny)

Cybervader
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
Well, you would be wasting your time. erm

Thinking of ways to better a film that is already completed is doing nothing at all.

I really do not know where i go wrong in starting this thread..Throughout the time i'm here i saw loads of ppl in this forum talking about how they want some things the ROTS to have been better..some plot holes..some special effects..some deleted scenes..some questioning the characters and wat they did..

I merely comment that the inclusion of Shmi as a flashback or in a dream would have given Anakin's turn at the end of it a more powerful impact to the audience..esp those who had loved the OT.

The Shmi ghost tink is of cos rather ridiculous but it's just a suggestion. If she is the some-sort Virgin Mary, i would say she deserve more attention in the story (no offense to Protestants), especially since she did brought him up.

Thanks obi_wans_beard for your comment on the topic..i had hoped more ppl would have responded the way u did.

Bicnarok
I think Shmi was an odd character, mysterious in a way.
After all the force made lif in her, she must have been chosen for a reason. A bit more background may have made things more interesting, or too complicated.

Maybe her forefathers were the original Sith high priests or Lighsaber crystal merchants.

kalsemo
Originally posted by p. skywalker
words of thought; I have learned not to attack the mods for thier point of veiw, or their discplining of another member.. ..
I think Ken's point was it is usless for 1000 people to keep saying this is useless, this sucks, stupid thread... after a while it is quite annoying.. if some one says it once thqts fien but then the calvary charges in saying the exact same thing..

( personally the whole kicking the couch thing is funny)

Oh I'm not attacking Ken's point of view, as a matter of fact I think he does a great job of putting people in their place when they get out of line... I respect that very much and appreciate his peacekeeping efforts! And yes, I understand what you mean, his point is simply that it is useless for 1000 people to keep saying those things... but to be given a stern "2nd warning" because of that just seems a bit harsh....

Tulak Hord
Personally, I like Cyber Vader's idea. And even if a Movie is out, we can still have the freedom to imagine stuff if we wanted. Just because it's made doesn't mean we can't think up new stuff. Hell, Lucas made new stuff when he redid the OT in '97.

Captain REX
Kind of pointless, in my opinion, to spend afternoons wishing for things that didn't happen.

Tulak Hord
No it's not. I wished all day in '01 that Febuary was just a dream when Dale Earnhardt died.

Captain REX
That is entirely different. Not that I care about NASCAR.

Tulak Hord
It's not that different. And we're allowed both the freedom of speech and imagination. Even if it just to think up new scenes and stuff. People talk about things that would make KOTOR 1 or 2 or any other game better. Wouldn't the general rule apply to movies too that we could have a hobby thinking up new scenes even if they won't ever be considered?

Cybervader
Originally posted by Tulak Hord
It's not that different. And we're allowed both the freedom of speech and imagination. Even if it just to think up new scenes and stuff. People talk about things that would make KOTOR 1 or 2 or any other game better. Wouldn't the general rule apply to movies too that we could have a hobby thinking up new scenes even if they won't ever be considered?

Yeah agreed! Maybe we should just make this official...All those who wish to give new inputs to the movie can do so..Den we see its strong points and weak points.

Besides the Shmi thing, surely people would wanna know about the Sypho Dyas, establishment of the Sith Order and what nots..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.