READ ME!!!! MDF Social Thread?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cinemaddiction
Hey, gang. Here's the skinny. I was considering starting a "social" thread here in the MDF, I've even got a pithy name all lined up. My intentions with said thread are to boost the fellowship here in the MDF, as well as just have a place where we can just speak freely. i.e. Debate Takashi Miike's best movies one minute, gab about the worst Disney flick ever the next. Should I get the support for this thread, other details will be hammered out. This is just testing the waters.

Anyone interested? Thoughts? Comments?

PLEASE BE SURE TO VOTE, ESPECIALLY IF YOU PARTICIPATE IN THE THREAD.

botankus
I vote yes. I see no reason why that isn't a good idea. It would only have flaws (which it will) if people start posting random movie chat in other threads.

Granted, there are quite a few people in the MDF that aren't as familiar with the policies so you might have to do quite a bit of policing. Also, there might be an increase in "backseat mods" as you have coined the term.

Bardock42
Totally Yes...I want vote though embarrasment

general-pain
I vote yes.

DeVi| D0do
Great idea! big grin

botankus
However, if the MDF Social Thread's as thorough as the explanations for having one that are on this thread, count me out. big grin

botankus
One more thought: Say, for example, in the social thread there was a conversation about War of the Worlds that was getting pretty heavy (like 4 pages worth of talk).

Cory, would you move that to the War of the Worlds thread, tell them to redirect their posts to the War of the Worlds thread, or just let the talk exist?

Could be slightly confusing, or maybe not confusing at all.

Imperial_Samura
Sounds good.

Murray
i agree

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by botankus
One more thought: Say, for example, in the social thread there was a conversation about War of the Worlds that was getting pretty heavy (like 4 pages worth of talk).

Cory, would you move that to the War of the Worlds thread, tell them to redirect their posts to the War of the Worlds thread, or just let the talk exist?

Could be slightly confusing, or maybe not confusing at all.

I'd be actively participating in the thread, thus moderating it, so I'd probably be around to nip that convo before it got too out of hand, i.e. redirect like you mentioned.

There's just so many thread that I've seen evolve from one movie to another. For example;

Say I started a thread about a Quentin Tarantino movie, Pulp Fiction for example, and said that it was Sammy Jax best film ever. Well recite a line or two, then someone will say, "Did anyone see Dave Chappelle's impression of him?"..someone would say yes..then we may start talking about Dave Chappelle, or what movie we just saw..what we're seeing this weekend..what we had for breakfast..I don't care!

I want a place where the topic can just bounce around and not have a real focus.

Imperial_Samura
Yes, that sounds good. A place for organic flow of movie conversation, without being tied down to the rules and requirements of the normal forum.

Cinemaddiction
I think we need it, kind of a "Sunday Morning Shootout", IFC type deal, because so many discussions can evolve from one little topic..and I knowwwwww we've got some movie buffs that could really start up some lively conversations.

GCG
but with all the aspects involved in shooting such as script, storyboarding, cast, video vs film format, grips, lights, etc. its goinig to be one broad topic thread ..... or have i misunderstood the nature of a MDF ?

Cinemaddiction
This forum is basically anything goes if it pertains to movies. But, what I'm proposing is a single thread where you can just talk about whatever comes to mind. Should something we feel could benefit the forums come up, just start a thread on it.

*Georgina_A*
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Hey, gang. Here's the skinny. I was considering starting a "social" thread here in the MDF, I've even got a pithy name all lined up. My intentions with said thread are to boost the fellowship here in the MDF, as well as just have a place where we can just speak freely. i.e. Debate Takashi Miike's best movies one minute, gab about the worst Disney flick ever the next. Should I get the support for this thread, other details will be hammered out. This is just testing the waters.

Anyone interested? Thoughts? Comments?

PLEASE BE SURE TO VOTE, ESPECIALLY IF YOU PARTICIPATE IN THE THREAD.

Sounds like a great idea to me big grin

Clovie
could work.

general-pain
So can you give us any sort of ddate, you know like a month or so.

Cinemaddiction
Within the week. The poll is slightly in favor, but the actual participants in the thread aren't saying why it wouldn't work, so....?

SlipknoT
Sounds good.

Cinemaddiction
Ok. I've decided to give it a go. Thanks for your participation, guys!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.