Why is 2012 Significant to the Mayans

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

whirlysplat
alternative title, "sits back and waits for Deano to take the bait".

Don't disappoint me matebig grin

Deano
mayan calender ends on dec 21st 2012 rolling on floor laughing
his amazing fact - that ancient Mesoameri- can skywatchers were able to pinpoint a winter solstice far off into the future - has not been dealt with by Mayanists. And why did they choose the year 2012? One immediately gets the impression that there is a very strange mystery to be confronted here.

dawsey28
Hahahahhahahahahahahahahaha...

that was great Whirly...

wouldn't you agree that this is Sentry-origin stupid?

or something like that.

whirlysplat
It is very silly indeed Dawsey

AdventChild
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THAT was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!1

whirlysplat
bump

magic_hate_ball
Originally posted by Deano
mayan calender ends on dec 21st 2012 rolling on floor laughing
his amazing fact - that ancient Mesoameri- can skywatchers were able to pinpoint a winter solstice far off into the future - has not been dealt with by Mayanists. And why did they choose the year 2012? One immediately gets the impression that there is a very strange mystery to be confronted here.
when the mayans did their calendar, they used kernals of corn to count out the days...and they got as far as dec 21 2012 when the kernels ran out. according to the mayan calendar when the corn runs out it is a time for mother nature to cleanse herself and return to a state of purity that she was in before humans sullied and spoiled the air and land....or so i hear...also the mayan calendar is accurate to 2 days every 100 years(i think)

whirlysplat
Originally posted by magic_hate_ball
when the mayans did their calendar, they used kernals of corn to count out the days...and they got as far as dec 21 2012 when the kernels ran out. according to the mayan calendar when the corn runs out it is a time for mother nature to cleanse herself and return to a state of purity that she was in before humans sullied and spoiled the air and land....or so i hear...also the mayan calendar is accurate to 2 days every 100 years(i think)

I did not know this fascinatingsmile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.