wolverine v thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
many out there think spidey can beat bengy. what about logan?

Nevermind
Easy. Wolverine.

Cosmic Cube
Clobberin' Time.

xmarksthespot
Hmm.. the search function kinda sucks but...
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=334961&perpage=20&highlight=wolverine+vs+thing&pagenumber=1
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=313910&perpage=20&highlight=wolverine+vs+thing&pagenumber=1
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=346324&highlight=wolverine+vs+thing

Prolly Thing

jinzin
tie...

leonidas
damn it! i did a more thorough check this time and STILL didn't find it! cripes, if you gotta search for 20 min to find the thread, i can see why there have been so many repeats lately. easier to have someone say - 'this has been done'.

sorry gang. and i go with bengy too, by the way. one well landed, solid shot and it's pretty much done. and ben's a great h2h as well. he'd get the one shot he needs.

jinzin
wolverine's a better hand to hand fighter and I'd say that wolverine has more a garantee for the one hit kill shot than ben does....but i really could see it going either way....so I still call it a tie.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by jinzin
tie...

laughing

leonidas
<<I'd say that wolverine has more a garantee for the one hit kill shot>>

ya think? i'd guess the other way. a shockwave/clap would likely stun logan long enough for ben to strike, no?

jinzin
well hulk did it to wolverine and it set him off into a berserker rage....kinda caused the opposite effect...but logan did claim it felt near lethal......I'm guessing a few of those claps would do the trick...but i'm also gonna say wolverine's got a fair chance to close ground quickly on beenn not to give him the chance...i don't think one or two are gonna do anything but piss him off though....

K Von Doom
Those claps won't even be as powerful as Hulk's

jinzin
i know..that's why I figured it would take a score of them to take logan down...

WAF3001
Originally posted by leonidas
many out there think spidey can beat bengy. what about logan?
If Spider-man can beat the Thing and Wolverine can beat Spider-man, Wolverine could easily beat te Thing

Also Wolverine can fight the Hulk (and sometimes win) while Hulk always beat the Thing. James wins. I don't see the blue eyed monster winning. Sorry Ben

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by WAF3001
If Spider-man can beat the Thing and Wolverine can beat Spider-man, Wolverine could easily beat te Thing

Also Wolverine can fight the Hulk (and sometimes win) while Hulk always beat the Thing. James wins. I don't see the blue eyed monster winning. Sorry Ben

If a cat is a pet and a dog is a pet, then a cat is a dog? huh

Opinion is pretty evenly divided on Wolverine vs Spiderman anyway. Hulk could and would kill Wolverine if the writers would ever let him die.

Anyway... Thing has a huge strength advantage, but Wolverine has better technical fighting skills, his adamantium claws and is faster. Overall slight advantage to Thing... but Wolverine could take this too...

WAF3001
Originally posted by xmarksthespot

Opinion is pretty evenly divided on Wolverine vs Spiderman anyway. Hulk could and would kill Wolverine if the writers would ever let him die.

Anyway... Thing has a huge strength advantage, but Wolverine has better technical fighting skills, his adamantium claws and is faster. Overall slight advantage to Thing... but Wolverine could take this too...

The cat and dog thing is exactly what I had said before. I basically said if a>b and b>c, then a>c.
I didn't say if a=b and b=c then a=c. They are two different properties!

xmarksthespot
The cat and dog thing is exactly what I had said before. I basically said if a>b and b>c, then a>c.
I didn't say if a=b and b=c then a=c. They are two different properties!

lol, I know. I was just pointing out (in an exagerrated manner) that there are more variables involved. big grin

WAF3001
lol, I know. I was just pointing out (in an exagerrated manner) that there are more variables involved. big grin

You over over exaggerated man. You know Wolverine could beat the Thing though come on. Let's keep quoting the last message!

KillAll
hmm... this fight almost happened... in the old vs the new fantastic 4... wolverine cut things face open, but i dont remember exactly what happened then... i believe logan stopped fighting, because things were out of hand?

i dont remember the exact details without looking.

WAF3001
If Wolverine had motivation, He would KKKKIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL Thing!

DrDoom
Well written, Thing would trash Wolverine. Wolverine did mess his kisser up somethin' fierce back in the day though...

long pig
Anything Thing can do, wolverine can heal.

If it was a fight to the death, wolverine would win every time.
But if it's a fight till incapacitation, it's pretty even.

Swanky-Tuna
That kind of thinking only works sometimes at best.

If Magneto could take out Nimrod and Nimrod could take out Juggernaut, could Magneto take out Juggernaut?

Tony Stark
Originally posted by long pig
Anything Thing can do, wolverine can heal.

If it was a fight to the death, wolverine would win every time.
But if it's a fight till incapacitation, it's pretty even.

laughing out loud Not a chance.

If they both knew it was to the death and no way out. It would still be Ben 7.5/10

long pig
You can show me one scan that says he can't penetrate his skin, I can show you two scans that show the opposite.

sad

steverules
In x4 it took thing and cyclops to beat wolverine when he had gotten Reed Richards powers after wolvie had been knocked out Thing called wolvie a wuss. But in "Enemy of the state" wolvie stabbed and Ben collapsed to the floor wolvie could have killed him then and there if not for Reed.

grey fox
I have said it once and i'll say it agin , wolverien can turn thign into crazy paving

long pig
In EOTS, Wolverine stabbed straight through Thing's leg.
He can definatly do it again.

What exactly can Thing do to Wolverine that will give him the win?

CorderaMitchell
tie...

I'm not surprised.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by steverules
In x4 it took thing and cyclops to beat wolverine when he had gotten Reed Richards powers after wolvie had been knocked out Thing called wolvie a wuss. But in "Enemy of the state" wolvie stabbed and Ben collapsed to the floor wolvie could have killed him then and there if not for Reed.

You don't believe wolverine can beat Cyke do you?

leonidas
<<What exactly can Thing do to Wolverine that will give him the win?>>

well, i guess he could do this . . .

leonidas
i love the way ben pats logan on the head like a good little animal after wolvie has been ko'd. one of my favourite pics . . .

CorderaMitchell
lol so wolvie was once human?

leonidas
so they say . . .

CorderaMitchell
lol, I didn't know he could get knocked out....

grey fox
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
lol so wolvie was once human?

IT's is difficutl to tell where the mutant ended and the fanboy began

leonidas
<<lol, I didn't know he could get knocked out....>>

heheh. if you read most wolvie threads, you'll certainly be led to believe that. obviously that is not QUITE the case . . .

snoopdogg
If it werent for the time when Wolverine sliced Ben open with one slice I would say Thing everytime.

But being his claws can cut Ben and he has the healing factor and the skeleton and sh!t.

Wolverine wins the better share.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by grey fox
IT's is difficutl to tell where the mutant ended and the fanboy began

I still don't know...... sad

DarkCrawler
HERE is what should happen to Wolverine everytime he fights someone above Class 50.

http://img316.imageshack.us/img316/1370/untitledscanned197nb.th.jpg

He gets thrown a mile away. Not that "not moving" shit.

CorderaMitchell
lol, Namor must've been drunk.

Zahit

CorderaMitchell
Wolverine planned it all out!!

He got namor wasted with about 20 JD's, then fought him, poor mite, his vision was probably blurry.

leonidas
<<HERE is what should happen to Wolverine everytime he fights someone above Class 50.>>

ha! classic. and that's just the wrecker!

CorderaMitchell
lol

Swanky-Tuna

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
HERE is what should happen to Wolverine everytime he fights someone above Class 50.

I'm torn as to which image to say "Best. Scan. Ever." to.

jinzin

Anyway... Thing has a huge strength advantage, but Wolverine has better technical fighting skills, his adamantium claws and is faster. Overall slight advantage to Thing... but Wolverine could take this too... \

again..........tie

Tony Stark

laughing He He...

I always loved that one.

Tony Stark

You are correct! cool

Nataku8188
What about the time Wolverine cut Thing's face and he wore that stupid mask? Anyone know about that ?

leonidas
he did indeed. what is less well known is that when they met up again the thing very nearly beat logan to death as pay back.

Nataku8188
he did indeed. what is less well known is that when they met up again the thing very nearly beat logan to death as pay back.

Yeah... it was funny. (Actually, I have no idea, never read that)

But here's this anyways;

dvampire
Thing whould win. He go toe to toe with the Hulk all the time, he may not beat him, but (mainly because Hulk increase in power) he does hold his own pretty well. Wolverine has no chance of winning. no expression

DarkCrawler

Yeah, I don't understand how people can think that Wolverine could not be knocked out by a man who has knocked out Hulk with one punch...

who?-kid

Hey, that was not Wolverine at his best. He was acting slow, because he was still dazed - Richards himself said it so it must be true lol.

Why don't you show us a picture of Wolverine beating up Mr. Fantastic ? That was also in the same (great) comic. I know it's off topic, but I liked that particular scene.

jinzin
when has a normal thing ever knocked green hulk out in one punch? that's NEVER happened as far as I know....confused

long pig
leonidas owned me with that scan....-plots revenge- evil face

jinzin

so thing could throw him away?

sure he can...but what happens then...wolverine hits the ground gets up and starts his warpath towards thing all over again...I mean common....sabretooth punched logan 3 stories into the air....didn't mean he won the fight..

long pig
What makes Wolverine so dangerous is he's a walking brick eater, he is the Anti-Brick, those big strong guys have less of a chance against him than say.....Deadpool or Cyclops.

Once you take away the bulk of a brick's effect(mainly their impact power, and wolverine is notorious for his damage soak), they really have nothing else to give.

Not everyone who is a streetleveler has their first appearence fighting Hulk, his was for a reason.

jinzin
truley....well said man....well said....(oh yeah I should have that deathstroke/slade thing done by the end of this weekend so I'll try and keep ya posted...it's nothing super special...but....meh)

CorderaMitchell
when has a normal thing ever knocked green hulk out in one punch? that's NEVER happened as far as I know....confused

Namor knocked out hulk...

Thats what he's saying.

DarkCrawler
so thing could throw him away?

sure he can...but what happens then...wolverine hits the ground gets up and starts his warpath towards thing all over again...I mean common....sabretooth punched logan 3 stories into the air....didn't mean he won the fight..

Yes, throw him away. After he has been threw few miles away, I don't think that he is breathing after that.

On the same fight, Wrecker hit Wolverine and he was knocked out for a while. That counts as win.

jinzin
Hulks punched wolverine without adamtium miles into the ai and wolverine got up...he had to drive a car back to the fight...lol....but he got up...i don't see thing's punches being more damaging that a hulk hit because...well..they aren't.....not even close.....

but before I get too crazed in defending what wolverine can and can't do I should probably remind myself and everyone else here, I still call this a tie..

Dark Thor
thing would beat the shit out of wolverine

jinzin
well he could beat him all day but depending on how wolverine's healing factor is going for him...thing might just be wasting his time....he's not garanteed to put logan down with one hit, or even a flurry for that matter....however...logan gets one good punch to thing's head...and the fights done and over..this is why I think wolverine's not at a serious disadvantage....every one of his hits on thing will be a hinderance...where as thing isn't given that same garauntee...

leonidas
<<leonidas owned me with that scan....-plots revenge->>

it's okay long - i still like you.

smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.