Fave Musicals 2: For Those Who Fave Didnt Make It Before

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ashtonsNO1fan
Like the title suggests this is the thread for the titles that didnt make it on the first pole. if ur favlourite isnt on this one then please tell me coz id like to know but sorry if ur fave STILL didnt make it on.

Elessea
oook...Willy Wonka and Cabaret are NOTHING alike...I mean...how can you possibly compare the two, when one is a classic broadway musical and the other a cartoony movie...messed ermm

Imperial_Samura
But that's the thing. Brevity and gravitas don't really matter, the fact is they both have an integral musical element that can not exist in normal drama, or comedy or whatever that moves the films into the musical genre, the reality bending, oft surreal genre where cast breaking into song is expected, and in fact needed to develop the story and emotional highs.

I mean it's like saying "how can one compair Les Miserables (known for it's ultra serious nature and melodrama) and The Lion King (the musical version of the cartoon.) But they are both musicals, just at different levels of writing, quality, potential, intended audience, level of seriousness etc. There is high fiction (Tolstoy, Steinbeck, Orwell etc) and then there is low fiction, the dime a dozen soft covers on sale down at the local corner store, but despite being vastly different in terms of quality and so forth, they are still fiction.

*Georgina_A*
Willy Wonka, then Mary Poppins.

Didn't like the film, but Saturday Night Fever live is amazing! love

Snowbeast
I voted for Willy Wonka because I absolutely love it. I also like Wizard of Oz and Footloose, I haven't seen some of the others and the ones that I did see were ok.

ashtonsNO1fan
i like wizard of oz best

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.