Hercules vs. The Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Betageuze
Recent Thing .... i have heard is stronger than ever.... can he stand against the prince of power, Hercules....

both have matched the Hulk.... but i dont think that Ben has a real chance to beat Hercules..... Herc has too much power i think... both are great figther.... but i believe Hercules is too much for Ben, The Thing....

what do yu think ?

olympian
Thing will put a good fight, like he always does but will lose.

Betageuze
i am going with you olympian.... ben always offers a good fight.. like he always does (perhaps only exception .. the Juggernaut fight)... but Hercules has too much physical strength.... he is almost equal an angry Hulk i believe

olympian
I see Herc and an angry Hulk in the same range. Its when Hulk gets uber pissed beyond his usual rage that he eventually overpowers Herc in strenght.

armandovalles
Your right on the money Olympian when it comes to ur feelings about Herc vs Hulk in terms of strength. And by the way, this is the same outcome to the Herc vs Colossus fight, and just like Colossus, the Thing, sadly, has absolutely no chance.

CorderaMitchell
nope.......

kgkg
Originally posted by olympian
I see Herc and an angry Hulk in the same range. Its when Hulk gets uber pissed beyond his usual rage that he eventually overpowers Herc in strenght.
Beyond rage?

I have seen Hulk battle the avengers and hang with them for a while

He doesn't need that much anger to match anyone physically.

olympian
"Beyond rage?

I have seen Hulk battle the avengers and hang with them for a while

He doesn't need that much anger to match anyone physically"

Mindless Hulk was beyond the regular pissed Hulk. And you did said right. He held them.

He must had forgot that he had to actually beat them.

Tough Guy
thing ( current \\\\\\) seems to be in the 100 tonne club some how. i know thats not in the enctclopedia , but he is stronger by far than he used to be. i tink he and herc are gonna duel till both get bored. both are very good fighters, both probably around the same strength now. maybe a slight strength advantage to herc, but herc cant get stronger so ben is in with a good shout i think

olympian
"both probably around the same strength now. maybe a slight strength advantage to herc, but herc cant get stronger so ben is in with a good shout i think"

...........and can Ben get stronger?

About the rest your right. But Herc as immortal its not only slighty stronger. Its quite a bit. Like Hulk relation to Ben.

Ben is a low class 100 by now.

Wynndar
yea it would be a good fight. I think immortal herc and spiky Thing actually got in a tussle years ago. Herc thinks highly of Grimm and considers him his 2 choice behind Thor for earthlings to team up with.

joesha28
Herc wins these one. He's much better in a grapple than thing.

Wynndar
hmm...not really.

DrDoom
Herc wins.

He's faster, stronger, and a much better wrestler than Thing.

Wynndar
he's faster, stronger, should win. Thing's fighting is a little more surprising.

olympian
His figthing spirit is at least. Wresting wise? Herc is more.

Both are damn good at boxing tho.

Tough Guy
hmm i dont think there is a lot between thing now and herc immortal or not strength wise. and fighting has ben pull a lot of surprises. its very close. its no good using hulk as an example in strength differences as hulk has no top end to his strength

olympian
Thing was never and it isent stronger than Herc. The difference between them its the same of Thing and Hulk or Thor.

Its not huge but its quite some.

long pig
Herc has a massive experience advantage.
A few thousand years vs 24 years. no

olympian
Yeah........its not much stick out tongue

Tough Guy
not really as neither characters are real life you morons. using hulk as a strength comparison is pointless as he has no top end. thor is majorly stronger, herc obviously though not enough i dont think to count too much in a fight with benjy, whos strength exploitsare well ( ands have always been well) out of the 85 tonne range. ive seen him recently stop a speeding train for crying out loud. ben is also a fantastic fighter, and never surrenders.. he is a good match for herc

olympian
Like he is to Hulk. Gotcha.

And a speeding train.........?

Ok :

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/jjschm20/Hercules/Herc-Godzilla1.jpg

Now have fun and win some brains.

"speeding train " haha.

olympian
And finally the second page:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/jjschm20/Hercules/Herc-Godzilla2.jpg

Tough Guy
not that impressive really is it.benjy stopped the train with little effort by the way. lifting godzilla wouldnt necassarily be out of benjies range. ill try to find some other examples of his power. if wynndar is about maybe hell help as he is a bit of a fan of the thing

K3VIL
Still trying to prove Thing is above the 85/90 tons range?Come on, can't you accept Thing is a low strenght level guy compared to other major powerhouses?
I'm sure that even Doc Samson with his Class 70 strenght can stop a train.

juggernaut74
As far as I know and have read Thing is still class 85. Herc is class 100 and more durable imo than Thing.

Thing will hold his own for awhile due to his fighting skills but in the end will fall to the mighty Hercules.

olympian
What is a train compared with a monster like this? This one made buildings look like toys. Go ahead find some examples that explain how he tops it. I want to see them.

who?-kid
Hercules is way above Class 100. Thing isn't.

Tough Guy
im not saying thing is out of the 85 tonne range, just that he is written regularly that he is. i mean lifting a giant monster i dont regars as that big a deal in comics, thor hulk etc do that b4 having their morning crap. i think chracater wise thing lost out when other major heroes had their powers more defined as time went by. i mean hulks character evolved limitless strength, healing etc. the 100 tonners all started out lifting about 10 tonnes when first written. the difference between ben and herc is the difference between ben and only a semi angry hulk. in these cases the fights are quite arduous for both parties as the difference in strength is a matter of about 20 tonnes.

olympian
The monster in that story is Godzilla. Make a search and see how much it weigths.

Hercules didnt just lifted him. He stopped Angel of being stomped in the pavement and then lifted him. He had to deal with the huge strain like the text shows.

About the difference between both its the same of Ben and an angry Hulk. Ben will trade punches for a time and get outclassed. Same against Herc.

Tough Guy
well an angry hulk has no limitations, an angry herc does. all characters perform outside their tonnage class anyway, we know this. i just dont think ther is a lot to chose between a normal angry hulk, ( one not increasing madly in strength ) and herc. i see it as being a very close call between these two, based on fighting skills and only a fair advantage in strength to herc

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.