The Wedding

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Jedi
I'm realy worried that the wedding of Anakin and Amidala is going to be cheesy. It should be as normal as possible with no Sci-Fi type stuff ie. an alien minister. In fact I think it should be as basic as possible with only a few people there and not the huge celebration that everyone is expecting.

UnknownBountyHunter
Well, it IS Star Wars, and Star Wars is different than Earth. The wedding could be a 520 degree turn from what we expect. No white dresses, tuxedos, etc. Heck for all we now it could be at "Mary's Drive-in"

Dim
I think they'll get married in secret....Don't ask me why, just think GL would think that it would be more romantic or something.

DiEbyDaGuNZ
Well i think a human minister would be a bit too strange, most viewers would be probably be expecting the whole thing being alien-related

theEviljedi
I heard Yoda would be Minister.Now that just sounds stupid.

Dim
Maybe they don't need anyone to be there..they just have to perform the ritual themselves...maybe the force bids them...just a thought

UnknownBountyHunter
No it doesn't, I think its reasonable. A typical wedding for us would be to NON-STAR WARS. Being eloped would be kind of mindbending, I would rather see it for myself. Even if we see it, Amidala's wedding would be to popularized on Naboo, so we are most likely going to see a celebration.

DiEbyDaGuNZ
ya..she's the queen; she has a very big ego..don't u think at least some outsider would know about it??

UnknownBountyHunter
Kind of like paparazzi, once the word gets out, its hopeless no more secret.

theEviljedi
Like Brad and Jennifer.

DiEbyDaGuNZ
exactly..and besides..i mean, they shouldn't hafta keep it a secret..if she had control of her people there wouldn't be any need to..becasue there would be no riots etc..

UnknownBountyHunter
What?

Dim
hmmmm...So you guys are for a big wedding huh?

theEviljedi
Of couse.She is the Queen.

UnknownBountyHunter
Agreed.

Dim
But what if she gets married as Padme and not Amidala?
...(Can you tell that I like the elope idea better?)

UnknownBountyHunter
They are supposed to be separate people, so Amidala will marry, Padme being a handmaiden won't.

Dim
or...Padme marries Anakin and Amidala marries Bail Organa?

UnknownBountyHunter
That's toooooooo weird.

Jedi Mercenary
Ok, will there be a minister?? What type of religion would he be?? Each planet has it's own religion, so... I dont get it.

Dim
It would be a Naboo shaman....

Why is that so weird? Plo Koon has like 5 or 7 wives...and that's under one name.

Anakin can be her concubine.

UnknownBountyHunter
It already states Amidala is Anakin's wife, or at least has the twins with him, go to the official site. Also, in a source book it states Handmaidens are like nuns in perspective that they aren't allowed to wed or de-virginize themselves.

Dim
It doesn't say anything about her and Anakin at the offical site...and it doesn't say anything about her as Padme at all...
oh well....I was just joking anyway, I don't like the idea of her marrying Organa.

DiEbyDaGuNZ
I am totally against the idea of them getting married anyway...

Dim
Who? Padme and Anakin or Padme and Organa?

DiEbyDaGuNZ
Padme and Anakin.and by the way..Padme never liked anakin, she was just feeling bad for him

Dim
If she doesn't like him then why does she give birth to his kids?...And I think they will get married...Lucas seems like the type to do that.

Anyway, I'm out of here for the day...see you guys tomarrow smile

DiEbyDaGuNZ
ok..well, i think when she first met him it was like that becasue he was only a child

Ratcat
But why do they have to get married. If they're in the middle of the Clone Wars (here's hoping) will they even have time to get married. Perhaps Luke and Leia are concieved in a night of passion before Anakin heads of into a might battle.

DiEbyDaGuNZ
ur probably right..as a resort that she may never see him again

The Maker
The Wedding will be a great celebration like the end of Ep1.

R.M

Xizor
NO celebrations in Ep2. Make it like Empire. DARK!!

DiEbyDaGuNZ
ya..and the celebration at the end was like 3 seconds..it should have been a bit longer, good music though

Dim
I agree with Xiz...maybe after the wedding Palpatine has Amidala arrested and you see them take her away...

Xizor
Nah, that wouldn't get Anakin to like him. Palpy should stick to using Amidala as a behind the scenes manipulation tool. The Wedding should be small intimate and placed in a timely fasion, during the middle of the film. Kinda like the Han leia scene or the wedding in Braveheart.

Dim
Well you get what I mean though...The end of the movie should be kind of sad or bittersweet.

UnknownBountyHunter
Nothing on the Official Site says that! For Shame. Well if you can search AOL Keyword. Type in Star Wars you should get some periodicals, go back to Time October (I think, I KNOW its Time), anywhooo they have the whole character outline, what episodes they HAVE appeared in. It says Amidala and Anakin are married.

Dim
Who are you talking to UBH?

UnknownBountyHunter
You Dim! smile You asked where it says they are married.

Dim
Oh...No, I know that they get married...(but if Padme were to ask me if she should I'd definately tell her no!)

UnknownBountyHunter
Oh, okay. ???

Dim
Think about it...Vader with teen rage...scary

UnknownBountyHunter
Don't you mean Anakin? Vader "kills" Anakin. <Keeps Dim Under Rock>

Dim
<under rock eek! >

Okay OB1...

UnknownBountyHunter
OB1???

Dim
You and this metephorical "kills" Anakin thing...it's what OB1 says.

Sithmaster
I have a bad feeling about this wedding. It could be like the wedding in Flash Gordon. And that would be bad.

UnknownBountyHunter
Flash Gordon? What's that.

Dim
A really dumb, dumb, late 70's Sci-Fi movie... really dumb...laughingly dumb....

UnknownBountyHunter
Oh, okay! smile

Xizor
Once again, the wedding should be small, intimate and kept in the middle of the film. No celebrations in Ep2.

Dim
Yep

UnknownBountyHunter
Considering we are dealing with a darker SW this time 'round I agree.

UnknownBountyHunter
What's that got to do with anything?

Dim
sorry...nothing I guess

UnknownBountyHunter
I fixed it. Just some members get upset about pointless posts.

King Jedi
If the Jedi dissaprove of Jedi falling in love then it's unlikley that Anakin and Padme's wedding would be a great big celebration. I think they should marry in secret.

Dim
I like the secret marriage idea to, but there's nothing that says that the Jedi Council disapproves of marriage...in fact, some of them are married.

Ratcat
Goinmg back about 12 posts or so, UBH said that in TIME magazine it says they are amrried i the October edition (I assume 1999). Anyway, my point is that TIME magazine isn't canon so that information can be discounted as this point, can't it?

Jedi Mercenary
Ani, killing Padme on their wedding night..HAH!! yeah right, GL would never do that, not in a million Kabillion years.

Ushgarak
Most of the various Star Wars previews from all sources seem relatively certain that Episode II ends in a big wedding between Anakin and Amidala, and it certainly seems a good bet. Much as we'd like a dark second part, we all know that Episode III is going to end badly so perhaps George will hold off on that for a bit.

In any case, Amidala and Padme are the same person (honestly!) so we needn't worry about distinguishing about who marries whom

Xizor
Make it all dark!!! Any more sissy la la celebrations and I'll be upset, to say the least.

Dim
I think it might end up looking like a Venetian masquerade ball...Here's why.
1. The Italian Architecture on/near water.
2.In one of the spy reports from TF.N someone said that the were on a nearby boat trying to get a looksie and they mentioned that it was near sunset and there were lanterns...I think it's very likely that either they were waiting for it to get dark to shoot or that they were (of course) it's a sunset lit scene. This could turn out to be really cool because with that type of lighting situation it's likely we might see something very close to the dramatic lighting in the ESB scene where Han gets frozen.

It sounds like it might turn out to be one of the most visually beautiful scenes in the saga IMHO

lightsaber001
Okay now...I've been out of the loop for awhile...please direct me to where it says Anakin and Amidala/Padme get married??..viruses can be nasty!!!..I've just spent the last 3 days geting my computer together...I know that Pademe/Amidala will be in EPIII, so..someone direct me please..

and DIM, Flash Gordon was early 80's..my favorite time of my life...Queen, Adam and the Ants, and lets not forget Souxie and the Bandshes or Duran Duran..But...Queen..FLASH AWWW..SAVIOR OF THE UNIVERSE..

Let's all hope if Anakin and Amidala get married it wont be anything like Flash Gordon...

LS1

Dim
Rick or George (I think it was Rick) did say that there would be a wedding in EP2. I couldn't find the quote though sad But given that George just called it a fairytale I think it's safe to assume there's a wedding...smile

And yes...I really hope nothing in EP2 is like Flash Gordon! The only fun thing about that movie was The "Flash...AWWWEEEE" bit. I don't think GL could do anything that corny if he tried.

-And glad to here you're feeling better smile and am I the only one here who didn't feel like the best time in their life was in their teen years???

King Jedi
My teen years sucked. Anyway, I don't see how the Wedding is going to fit into the movie. It would be a bit unusual if right in the middle of this great adventure, the two main characters stop to get married. Unless they have to. Like maybe they are scared that they are going to die.

Dim
I think for a cetain amount of time there will be two (ore more) different subplots going on. One might be about Anakin and Padme and the other might be about OB1 and the other jedi.

King Jedi
Do you think that the photos of the Seville shoot were pictures of the wedding?

Dim
It sounds to me like the scenes shot at Lake Como are most likely the wedding scenes.

King Jedi
Wouldn't it be cool if Palpatine was the one who married them?

Dim
That would be just creepy...sick

King Jedi
Or he could give Padme away.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.