Darth Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jpsmith5
Was it just me or did GL go over the top on showing how weak Sidious was? I was actually looking forward to see some of his fight scenes and looking forward to see how he compared to the Jedi Masters. In my opinion, when you make a villain this weak you might as well kill the character off. I'am not a Darth Sidious fan but I just think it ruins Ian McDiarmids character and when you look at ROTJ I just can't see the emperor as an imposing or powerful figure any more.

Moff jango
He wasn't weak at all. He was the strongest!

muserke
Sids was ok.

Moff jango
Muserke de 20ste ga kik na de Fantastic Four gaan kijke ze

muserke
Me too. I think at 2 or 5 pm.

I don't think palps was too weak, he did put up a good fight against yoda.

kanis
alien While vader was his agent of evil the emperor did not need to do anything anymore he send vader boom job done and he would sit there secretly plotting to get rid of vader and replace him with luke, or sit there and play on the psp and look evil, and order planets to be destroyed.

DeVi| D0do
It's just you.

Darth_fury
how is he weak he killed three jedi in 10 seconds he launched mace out the window he sent yoda flying i think he is better this way

Lord Mader
He was not weak blame the actors.... The man who played sidious was a old man he couldnt move fast.

cameron666
Palps went head to head with the likes of Yoda and Winu, with Windu barely beating him. He is not too weak, You should be ashamed of yourself.

((The_Anomaly))
weak?

what are you new? he killed 3 masters on the council in under 10 seconds.

not to mention beat Yoda who is the strongest Jedi in the entire SW universe. (though they were equal in power)

He lost to mace in his saber duel becasue either a) he underestimated how good windu was, Sith arrogence yet again. or b) he lost on purpose because he knew anakin was coming anyways.

Palpatine weak? wtf is wrong with you man....

perhaps you should watch the movie again...

Alkaselzer
Many many times. messed

((The_Anomaly))
indeed

jpsmith5
Is that why Mace Windu was able to easily defeat Sidious and have him begging for his life on the ground. If it wasn't for Anakin intervening Sidious would have been one headless person. As far as the Yoda fight Sidious was betrayed as a coward. He tries to run in the begining, then when he throws the pods and everything else Yoda just blocks it rather easily. Then the moment when Sidious hurls the Force Lightning at Yoda it appears that Sidious can't break through Yoda's defenses and then Yoda throws back at him which he can't handle and with his face expression you can tell he was getting scared. When they fell why didn't check the senatorial ground himself instead having his Clone troops doing it that scene is implying weakness.

laughing

((The_Anomaly))
Sids was faking him losing to Windu, all the begging was a ploy to get anakin to turn.

as for the Yoda/ palpatine thing i dont want to repeat myself over again, so go to this thread, read it. you might learn something

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=352407&highlight=sidious+vs+yoda

jpsmith5
There's no evidence to prove that Sidious was faking the fight. He just got beat fair and square by a better fighter. Knowing Sidious he would have never taken a chance of have a Jedi Master standing over him ready to strike.

Captain REX
Oh, for the love of all things merciful...

Go find a thread regarding Mace Windu fighting Sidious, don't give us that crap in this thread too!

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by jpsmith5
There's no evidence to prove that Sidious was faking the fight. He just got beat fair and square by a better fighter. Knowing Sidious he would have never taken a chance of have a Jedi Master standing over him ready to strike.

no evidence?

what about the fact that he was equal to Yoda in sword skills?

and since yoda is the best of the jedi in force and sword skills....that means.....wait...

Sids was better then windu in sword skills!

and as for the rest of it if sids had wanted to he could have fried windu long before he did. i mean, if you saw te movie his "begging" was stupidly done, he was obviously acting, also if u notice after he "beggs for his life" he gives anakin a glare. meaning, hes looking to see if his ploy is working or not.

please watch the movie and use logic and simple observation before you just say things.

I AM JEDI
no dude yoda was a jedi counsler he was way better in force abilities then saber skills. Mace Windu was a jedi Gaurdian he was better at saber skills then force abilites. Sid fought mace windu who is the best lightsaber duelist in the galaxie! so there for sid lost being sid is more a force type using dark jedi similar to yoda. Thats why sid put a better fight with yoda because sid and yoda depended on force abilities. Yoda didnt lose the fight with sid it was more or like a draw plus he lost his lightsaber fighting sid. And yes he tried to run awayin the start of the fight! that means we has scared no matter that u say THE ANOMALY. after the his lightsaber becoming lost he ran becuase clone troopers where coming alot of them .. no sith or jedi can take on a mass number of clones without a light saber... so he took off.. plus he knew for some reason if he where to die he couldnt meet obiwan to discuss further plans! ok good this is all true!!!

DeVi| D0do
Palpatine beat Mace. Palpatine beat Yoda.

Palpatine is not weak. Sometimes I think I watched an entirely different movie than you people...

I AM JEDI
dude u will never admit palp loseing to anyone ... because u love the darkside and all the sith lords im a neutral starwars fan ... so i see what happened god u sound like my little brother ... if ur gonna post get proof otherwise u look like an idiot

I AM JEDI
hey devil see how i gave a reason .. an actual good reason and see that i didnt take sides and see how i know what im talking about ... learn from that?

DeVi| D0do
Here's my proof: WATCH THE FRIGGIN FILMS!

Palpatine loses to only one person: Anakin.

DeVi| D0do
no dude yoda was a jedi counsler he was way better in force abilities then saber skills. Mace Windu was a jedi Gaurdian he was better at saber skills then force abilites.

EU!

Sid fought mace windu who is the best lightsaber duelist in the galaxie!

says who?

so there for sid lost being sid is more a force type using dark jedi similar to yoda.

uh.... yeah... blink

it was more or like a draw plus he lost his lightsaber fighting sid.

this I agree with

And yes he tried to run awayin the start of the fight! that means we has scared no matter that u say THE ANOMALY. after the his lightsaber becoming lost he ran becuase clone troopers where coming alot of them .. no sith or jedi can take on a mass number of clones without a light saber... so he took off..

he ran, therefore he lost.

I AM JEDI
prove how mace lost to sid? if mace took that final blow he would be GONE! u dumb ass ... plus anikan attacked mace not egual odds! lol sid took left overs after anikan cut off his arm.?!?! proof u dumb ass give me proof like im doing!!! dont say shit like SEE THE MOVIE!?!? thats show u cant back up anything u say

DeVi| D0do
Please don't call me a dumb ass unless I deserve it, dumb ass!

Palpatine killed Mace. Mace lost. My proof: MACE GOT FRIED AND WENT FLYING OUT THE WINDOW!!! Any retard can see that!

I AM JEDI
wow ur an idiot first u make little dumb comments about my proof lol nice what are u 12? plus if anikan didnt show u have to be ****ing retared to to think sid would win just because sid fianlly cought mace windu getting a limb cut off i might as well use my only force ability i know sid is cool but if anikan didnt show up sid would be dead ! sid tried to run fist ! he lost it with yoda before it started ! by the way! ur proof for what u say sucks man dude this is funny as **** ... i hate it when people like this guy thinks the sith always win... dude u have no idea!? iv seen the movie prolly 10 times
so just stop ur not posting anything better then when u started it's all crap

DeVi| D0do
**** you. Sorry it takes me so long to reply, but your incompitence in the english language and PARAGRAPHING makes me have to decipher all the crap that comes outta your mouth...

Palpatine knew Anakin was coming, how can you not see that? It was all in his plan. Why the **** else would he just let Anakin go and tell the Jedi?

I don't think the Sith always win, you ****ing jedi-lover! But they do in this film!

Anyway, I'm not going to state stuff I've already said over a hundred times in over a hundred threads... The Sith won in this movie. Why the hell do you think it's called 'Revenge of the Sith'? Get over it!

I AM JEDI
dude I am tired of listening you not make a point im done talking with you. Plus i typed like that you ****er because i was talking on aim .. yes that how i talk on aim it is easier! I posted hat i thought and u come being a *** and make fun what what i think. So i got mad and was an ass back treat other the way you want to be treated!

DeVi| D0do
I didn't make fun of what you said I disagreed with it. There's a difference!

Palpatine knew Anakin was coming, how can you not see that? It was all in his plan. Why the **** else would he just let Anakin go and tell the Jedi?

I did make a point. You must be just too stupid to be able to see it. That's fine. I really don't care if you foolishly believe Palpatine lost all his fights and the Jedi won...

I really don't care how you treat me...

Y-chromo kid
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Palpatine beat Mace. Palpatine beat Yoda.

Palpatine is not weak. Sometimes I think I watched an entirely different movie than you people...

I think you probably did

Captain REX
I agree with Dodo. He watched Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, as did I, while everyone else watched Star Wars Episode III-and-a-half: Revenge of the Sith but Not Quite Because Windu Lives and Palpatine Sucks. stick out tongue

Since I AM JEDI is going to ask for it, and not go find the threads regarding Mace Windu vs. Darth Sidious... *sigh*

---

A LONG TIME AGO, IN A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY...

STAR WARS
EPISODE III
REVENGE OF THE SITH

Palpatine was playing Mace Windu the entire time. Here is my proof, which Devil Dodo was also providing, for you to ignore it was very silly and pointless...

At the start of the fight, Palpatine whips out his lightsaber and in two or three swings, he manages to stab Agen Kolar and Saesee Tiin, both accomplished swordsmen, Jedi Masters, and Council members. They die in mere seconds after the fight begins. After sparring with Mace and Kit Fisto for a few moments, he manages to slash Kit Fisto across the stomach, and he too is an accomplished swordsman, Jedi Master, and Council member.

Now, Mace Windu goes on the retreat, Palpatine pushing him back.

At this point, we see Anakin debating whether he should be there or not, and he leaves the Temple.

Also at this point, Mace Windu starts to own Palpatine. Why? Because Palpatine can sense Anakin is on his way.

They continue fighting, Mace smashes the window approximately the same time as Anakin's landing. Palpatine loses his lightsaber just seconds before Anakin walks in. Why? Because Palpatine can sense Anakin is in the building.

Mace Windu has Palpatine at lightsaber point, and is ready to kill him. Anakin says that they shouldn't, it's not the Jedi way. Palpatine starts pleading for his life like a cowardly fool, after his face-melting barrage of lightning, but constantly looks to Anakin with an insidious glare after each whiney, begging comment about the Jedi trying to kill him and take over the Republic.

When Anakin takes action and literally disarms Mace Windu, Palpatine springs to his feet as if he had been winning the entire time. Palpatine cooks Mace Windu like a large black sausage, then hurls him out the window. Mace Windu, lacking an arm and in intense pain from the lightning assault, falls to his death, unable to do anything to stop his fall.

Later on, Palpatine fights Yoda. During this fight, they are sparring equally the entire time. Palpatine and Yoda meet one another blow for blow, and though you can tell Palpatine fears Yoda, fear can always be turned to the advantage of a Sith Lord; they feed their powers off of negative emotion. In the end, Yoda is defeated, because Sidious has disarmed his lightsaber and tossed him a very long way to the bottom of the Senate chambers. Sidious, once again, is victorious.

---

Summary: Palpatine easily kills three Jedi Masters, they begins to lose when he senses Anakin leaving the Temple, and then begins his ploy to pull Anakin to the Dark Side by putting his own life at risk.

Yes, he could have lost everything. Yes, Anakin could have not turned, and Mace would have killed Palpatine. Yes, Palpatine put all his plans at great risk to turn the Chosen One to the Dark Side. No, he is not weak. No, Mace Windu did not beat him.

Darth Jello
i beieve pablo hidalgo mentioned this, but i'll describe it in more detail. the fight turns when mace kicks palpy's lightsaber out of his hand. as he does it, his shin drives into palpy's jaw. hence his slight lisp for the rest of the scene. Now, i've been shin kicked in the face, and let me tell you, it's quite disorienting, painful, and damaging.

Darth Nhilus
Palpatine couldv'e easily beat mace windu. He wanted Anakin to kill mace windu so he purposely was weak. But he could've easily slain mace windu.

jerlark386
Palpatine: "I'm too weak.. I can't hold on much longer"

I pity the fool who believes that.

neo313
Originally posted by Lord Mader
He was not weak blame the actors.... The man who played sidious was a old man he couldnt move fast.

a stunt double did Ian's fighting... and it looked very weird

weeeeeeeooooooweeeeeeoooooooooweeeeeeeee

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by I AM JEDI
no dude yoda was a jedi counsler he was way better in force abilities then saber skills. Mace Windu was a jedi Gaurdian he was better at saber skills then force abilites. Sid fought mace windu who is the best lightsaber duelist in the galaxie! so there for sid lost being sid is more a force type using dark jedi similar to yoda. Thats why sid put a better fight with yoda because sid and yoda depended on force abilities. Yoda didnt lose the fight with sid it was more or like a draw plus he lost his lightsaber fighting sid. And yes he tried to run awayin the start of the fight! that means we has scared no matter that u say THE ANOMALY. after the his lightsaber becoming lost he ran becuase clone troopers where coming alot of them .. no sith or jedi can take on a mass number of clones without a light saber... so he took off.. plus he knew for some reason if he where to die he couldnt meet obiwan to discuss further plans! ok good this is all true!!!

ummmm, have you read the policy of these boards? all that counsler/ gaurdian crap is EU and has no relivence here.

sorry bud, take it to the EU forums.

kanis
alien It was weird seeing mcdiarmid move that fast, anyway the jedi who went to confront him were crap and should have mace killed sidious or should they have imprisoned him.

SithHappens
He is not weak, he beat Luke's ass.

Bicnarok
The only time he looked week was against Windu, and that was obviously on purpose to convert Anniken. Even in the heat of battle he is planning, what a genius.

And against Yoda the surrounding were a bit awkward, in and open field or something it may have been more clear how powerfull he was, plus Yoda would have no where to run the cowardly little fart

Will-one Kenobi
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT, SIDIOUS LET MACE WIN AND THE ONLY REASON HE WON AGAINST YODA WAS BECAUSE YODA FELL OF THE POD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bicnarok
Originally posted by Captain REX
I agree with Dodo. He watched Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, as did I, while everyone else watched Star Wars Episode III-and-a-half: Revenge of the Sith but Not Quite Because Windu Lives and Palpatine Sucks. stick out tongue

Since I AM JEDI is going to ask for it, and not go find the threads regarding Mace Windu vs. Darth Sidious... *sigh*

---

A LONG TIME AGO, IN A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY...

STAR WARS
EPISODE III
REVENGE OF THE SITH

Palpatine was playing Mace Windu the entire time. Here is my proof, which Devil Dodo was also providing, for you to ignore it was very silly and pointless...

At the start of the fight, Palpatine whips out his lightsaber and in two or three swings, he manages to stab Agen Kolar and Saesee Tiin, both accomplished swordsmen, Jedi Masters, and Council members. They die in mere seconds after the fight begins. After sparring with Mace and Kit Fisto for a few moments, he manages to slash Kit Fisto across the stomach, and he too is an accomplished swordsman, Jedi Master, and Council member.

Now, Mace Windu goes on the retreat, Palpatine pushing him back.

At this point, we see Anakin debating whether he should be there or not, and he leaves the Temple.

Also at this point, Mace Windu starts to own Palpatine. Why? Because Palpatine can sense Anakin is on his way.

They continue fighting, Mace smashes the window approximately the same time as Anakin's landing. Palpatine loses his lightsaber just seconds before Anakin walks in. Why? Because Palpatine can sense Anakin is in the building.

Mace Windu has Palpatine at lightsaber point, and is ready to kill him. Anakin says that they shouldn't, it's not the Jedi way. Palpatine starts pleading for his life like a cowardly fool, after his face-melting barrage of lightning, but constantly looks to Anakin with an insidious glare after each whiney, begging comment about the Jedi trying to kill him and take over the Republic.

When Anakin takes action and literally disarms Mace Windu, Palpatine springs to his feet as if he had been winning the entire time. Palpatine cooks Mace Windu like a large black sausage, then hurls him out the window. Mace Windu, lacking an arm and in intense pain from the lightning assault, falls to his death, unable to do anything to stop his fall.

Later on, Palpatine fights Yoda. During this fight, they are sparring equally the entire time. Palpatine and Yoda meet one another blow for blow, and though you can tell Palpatine fears Yoda, fear can always be turned to the advantage of a Sith Lord; they feed their powers off of negative emotion. In the end, Yoda is defeated, because Sidious has disarmed his lightsaber and tossed him a very long way to the bottom of the Senate chambers. Sidious, once again, is victorious.

---

Summary: Palpatine easily kills three Jedi Masters, they begins to lose when he senses Anakin leaving the Temple, and then begins his ploy to pull Anakin to the Dark Side by putting his own life at risk.

Yes, he could have lost everything. Yes, Anakin could have not turned, and Mace would have killed Palpatine. Yes, Palpatine put all his plans at great risk to turn the Chosen One to the Dark Side. No, he is not weak. No, Mace Windu did not beat him.

SPOT ON, thats the same movie I saw.

Will-one Kenobi
Thanks for backing me up we actually saw episode 3!

Ani's Girl
Hey, I saw that one too smile

Ogami Itto
NO NO NO! u didn't see that at all !!!
u saw palps disarmed and then begging for mercy!!

It was NEVER implied that Palps was faking!

Captain REX
I'm not going to restate it. Actually read my paragraph, word for word, and it makes sense.

I remember a rumor went around before the movie came out that Mace Windu and the other Jedi said their lines and Palpatine begged for mercy...WHILE hacking down the other three. Then, after that, he destroyed the microphone to a recording device he had just HAPPENED to leave lying around with the on switch activated.

mace wendu4
Mace could've killed palp if anakin hadnt appeared. there's no proof that palp was faking his asswhooping. as for yoda being the strongest, in episode 2 palp even told anakin soemthink like "you've got the cunning of yoda and the strength of mace windu" that shows that even he thinks mace is more stronger whereas yoda is more manipulative with the force, and that's not the only reason he's the head of the council, he was also accepted in the council years before mace was, he's the oldest member.

Tulak Hord
What? I don't remember palps saying that. Only thing that is remotly like that is Anakin talking to padme. "Don't get me wrong. Obi-Wan is a great mentor. He's as wise as Master Yoda, and as powerful as Master Windu.".

Will-one Kenobi
Read the novel it explains everything, and dont give me any the novel doesnt count crap beacause it does!!!!!!!!

((The_Anomaly))
Windu was nothing to palps he was faking, and Palps and Yoda were equal in power.

thats it.

mace wendu4
mace is a better SWORDFIGHTER than palp. when palp fought yoda he only used his lighsaber for a short time then he started using the force. and dont give me that crap about him faking it.

Captain REX
Oh shut UP!

Read my argument, Wendy!

mace wendu4
Screw your god damn argument!!!

Captain REX
If you're not going to bother even reading my argument, which most people agree with, then you can not even bother stating your own argument. Once again, my attempt at giving an educated answer is foiled by some new guy who does not back up his statements with good, solid facts that everyone accepts and just rants and rants about how he thinks his hero is the best and could beat everyone and anyone.

Just flippin ridiculous!

Will-one Kenobi
There is no arguament I have already explained what happened so screw you all who disagree

Darth_fury
palps couldve killed mace but he wanted it to be anakins fault and by palps sucking up to anakin he made anakin chop his hand off and then palps knows he has suceeded and he finishes mace off with all his glory

PALPS WAS FAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

matreid
Originally posted by Darth_fury
palps couldve killed mace but he wanted it to be anakins fault and by palps sucking up to anakin he made anakin chop his hand off and then palps knows he has suceeded and he finishes mace off with all his glory

PALPS WAS FAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly! yes

Darth_fury
what makes mace so special anyway

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.