5 against Thanos & Darkseid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

teddygreen17
Dr. Doom, Dr. Strange, Magneto, Cable and Juggernaut.
vs.
Thanos & Darkseid

GalacticStorm
Without prep i go for Thanos and DS

teddygreen17
I think that Team Doom "could" win by minimal margin.

Solidus Snake
nothing team doom could do would get them

if i had to choose 5 "thorlevel" heroes it would be

beta ray bill, superman, the doctor, jack hawksmoor, doctor strange

masterbruce
I'd go for team Doom here, they have magic, which is the xfactor here

BTW, why is Darkseid so powerful, what are his powers beyond his eye beam and generic superstrength and durability?

Laminator_X
Darkseid's beams track their targets at superspeed, and can either disintegrate the target or cast them anywhere in spacetime that Dearkseid wants to send them. Superman and Doomsday both resisted the disintegration, but a sustained barage might yet have overwhealmed their bio-fields.

Cable, Doom, and Magneto's forcefields would be useless against it, though Juggs might resist the disintegration. However, porting Cain into a black hole would do just as well (yes he might "walk" out eventually, but thanks to time dilation it'd be millions of years or more in the outside frame of reference before he emerged)

Strange is the wildcard. If he survives the openning few seconds they have a chance. At his peak Strange has toppled far greater foes than these two combined, but his "everyday" power-level is far less. If Strange can manage to even contain Darkseid for a while, I'll take the rest of the team vs Thanos with heavy casualties.

Of course Thanos would probably see it that way too and target Strange right off. The devil is in the details.

teddygreen17
See not as lopsided as you might think.

kgkg
Thanos & Darkseid win

Thanos is the Key.

teddygreen17
Woundn't he get stalemated by Dr strange and Cable - I don't know how resistent he is to mental attacks.

leonidas
<<Darkseid's beams track their targets at superspeed, and can either disintegrate the target or cast them anywhere in spacetime that Dearkseid wants to send them. Superman and Doomsday both resisted the disintegration, but a sustained barage might yet have overwhealmed their bio-fields.

Cable, Doom, and Magneto's forcefields would be useless against it, though Juggs might resist the disintegration. However, porting Cain into a black hole would do just as well (yes he might "walk" out eventually, but thanks to time dilation it'd be millions of years or more in the outside frame of reference before he emerged)

Strange is the wildcard. If he survives the openning few seconds they have a chance. At his peak Strange has toppled far greater foes than these two combined, but his "everyday" power-level is far less. If Strange can manage to even contain Darkseid for a while, I'll take the rest of the team vs Thanos with heavy casualties.

Of course Thanos would probably see it that way too and target Strange right off. The devil is in the details.>>

graet post, lam. i agree completely - if strange falls, so do the heroes.

ZephroCarnelian
Yup indeed.

These two are seriously tough.

Oh - and Laminator - Parasite has survived Darkseid's beams too.

But he was being held in a headlock by Supes at the time, so maybe he was leaching bio-field from Supes....?

But yeah - if Strange - the wildcard - is eliminated, then Thanos cosmic blasts and DS omega beams will destroy the others.

Laminator_X
Specter-Hal turned the beams aside with ease, but you know, he was the Specter.
The J.M DeMeteis Specter series also appears to have been banished from continuity. It's a shame. The Specter's evolution from Spirit of Vengance to Spirit of Redemtion was an awesome story.

teddygreen17
more posts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.