How exactly did Ventress die and when?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Janus
This thread is self explanatory... I'm looking for answers. I read all the Clone Wars novels by Del Rey and as of month 33 of the 36 month long Clone Wars (Chronologically, Dark Rendezvouz) Ventress was still alive. When did she die? How? I've heard that she died both in the cartoon and in the comics. What gives?

SnakeEyes
Okay... I'll try to sort this out from what I remember from the comics, tv show, books and so on...
Ventress was first "killed" by Anakin in the Clone Wars Micro-series, when they had their epic duel together. But, she didn't actually die in that duel, she was just defeated and believed to be dead. Later in the Clone Wars, she shows up again soon after Anakin has become a knight (in Star Wars Repubilc, issue 71 or 72) and duels him. Anakin taps into his dark side powers to defeat her, and ends up "killing" her again.
Then... even later in the Clone Wars, in Star Wars: Obsession (a comic mini-series that takes place right before ROTS) Obi-wan has a conspiracy that she is not actually dead and investigates this. He teams up with Anakin and they find her in a tank (like a Bacta tank) and that Dooku is revitalizing her. She wakes up while inside the tank, escapes and is betrayed by Dooku, then Anakin ends up "killing" her again... But she wakes up later on a medical ship and dissapears into the far reaches of the galaxy...

Darth Calladus
lol how do you get beat 3 times by the same person. u thinked she'd learned by now

Darth_Rankkor
PWNED :LAUGH:

Darth_Janus
Seems to me like they were using her for a beatup doll. At least Steven Barnes and Sean Stewart gave the lady some respect.

Captain REX
It's typical for Dark Jedi to be vengeful after being defeated. After the third time, she gave up and went to seek peace somewhere in the Galaxy, meaning we'll see her again at some point.

Darth_Rankkor
Originally posted by Captain REX
It's typical for Dark Jedi to be vengeful after being defeated. After the third time, she gave up and went to seek peace somewhere in the Galaxy, meaning we'll see her again at some point.

Though I like ventress's character, I can't deny what I think of her. She's exactly like Anakin.... stuborn dumb a*se

HimoKun
Later, she held Obi captive if I'm right.....

Darth_Rankkor
Originally posted by HimoKun
Later, she held Obi captive if I'm right.....

After that she finally went to exile so she could lick her wounds

Darth_Rankkor
here it goes the whole stuff about her:

Asajj Ventress was a Dark Jedi, and one of Count Dooku's Force-sensitive operatives. Asajj wielded twin lightsabers given to her by Dooku, lightsabers which were specially modified to connect into a double-bladed lightsaber.

Asajj hailed from the barbaric planet of Rattatak. She became cold-hearted and merciless from a lifetime of enduring cruel hardships that began when Osika Kirske murdered her parents while she was young. She would later come under the teaching of a Jedi named Ky Narec. The two quickly became favored by the people, until Narec was killed by Osika Kirske before Asajj could become a full-fledged Jedi. Because of this, Asajj was as skilled as any Jedi but was unable to control her rage, developing a hatred for the Jedi that had abandoned her mentor and had ignored the bloodshed on Rattatak. Asajj soon became a force of authority on her lawless homeworld, defeating most of the remaining warlords and getting her revenge on Osika Kirske. She kept Ky Narec's lightsaber as a memento of the good times with her mentor.

During the Clone Wars, Asajj appeared before Count Dooku when he arrived on Rattatak to convince it to join the Separatist movement. Impressed with Asajj's talents, Dooku recruited her by appealing to her disgust with the Jedi. After beating her in a sparring duel, Dooku made Asajj commander of his Separatist forces. She was sent to kill Anakin Skywalker, only to be nearly killed by him.

She would capture Obi-Wan Kenobi in a later battle and transport him to Rattatak for interrogation in hopes to give the broken-down Jedi to Count Dooku. However, Kenobi escaped with ARC Trooper Alpha. Before leaving, Kenobi stole Ky Narec's lightsaber from Asajj, as a personal insult.

Later, in a battle on Coruscant, Asajj Ventress fell from a great height after Anakin overpowered her during a lightsaber battle.

She survived, but just barely.

http://starwars.wikicities.com/images/4/44/AsajjVentress_mini.jpeg

A model of Ventress wielding her twin lightsabers.

She was sent to a planet where she was placed in a bacta tank by Count Dooku and given cybernetic modifications, which amplified her rage. When Kenobi was captured by Count Dooku, he was brought before the tank in which Ventress was contained, and was subsequently attacked by her, who detected him in her trance. She fought against both Kenobi and Anakin, only to be abandoned by Dooku, who ordered some of General Grievous' MagnaGuards to kill her as she ran towards Dooku's shuttle.

Enraged and wounded, Ventress tried to kill Kenobi, who was trying to help her, only to be dealt a mortal wound by Anakin. Before Kenobi put her on a ship to Coruscant, as she lay dying, she told him the location of the Separatists' next target and let go of her anger and rage.

However, Ventress did not die, placing herself in a Sith trance, and while on the shuttle, emerged from her trance, and ordered the pilots to take her as far away as possible from the war, Dooku, and the Jedi.A model of Ventress wielding her twin lightsabers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.