The Flash vs Every DC/Marvel character with these exceptions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
they can't be people who can fly (ie Superman), use magic (ie Dr.Strange), mind abilities (ie Xavier), or energy projections (ie Magneto)

I know that's a lot of limitations, but I didn't know how better to put it

but that still leaves alot on the list (hulk, colossus, the thing, venom, etc)

I give it to the Flash. I just saw a Justice League Unlimited episode "Divided we Fall" where the Flash beat the living Brainiac out of Luthor, who was in the episode responsible for effortlessly knocking out the entire JL in a matter of seconds

The Flash, when utilizing his potential, is uber-powerful

Scoobless
every character other than those ones.... ok... he'll get through quite a few but he wont beat them all.... one on one there are people he can't beat

are you banning energy projectors, or just banning people from using those abilities?... ie, you could have Cyclops but not let him use his oiptic blast

HULKFANBOY247
I just watched that won too, and it was pretty kick ass! But I doubt he'd beat everyone as well. Flash is pretty awesome now =p

Dizzle
Finally, we all see "run around the world and punch a guy" on TV. Though the Speed Force thing was a tad stupid, with Hawk Girl reaching into it and all... And then everyone being all like "yay Superman" when we all know Batman's cooler...

K3VIL
Originally posted by Dizzle
Finally, we all see "run around the world and punch a guy" on TV. Though the Speed Force thing was a tad stupid, with Hawk Girl reaching into it and all... And then everyone being all like "yay Superman" when we all know Batman's cooler...
Performing the IMP Flash didn't run around the world, he enters in the Speed Force, reach lightspeed, and use the energy achieved to hit the enemy after exiting from the SF Dimension

Dizzle
In the JLU episode today? He ran around the world a bunch of times, punching Luthor/Brainiac each time. There was a little trench in the ground and you saw him running through beaches, deserts, etc between punches. And there's no such thing as a true IMP, infinite mass requires infinite power to move. Flash entered the Speed Force after vibrating his arms, plunging them into Luthor's chest, and destroying Brainiac.

long pig
Luthor/Braniac looked tough, I saw that today too.

Any lightspeed attack needs infinite power....so comics really don't follow that rule at all.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by K3VIL
Performing the IMP Flash didn't run around the world, he enters in the Speed Force, reach lightspeed, and use the energy achieved to hit the enemy after exiting from the SF Dimension

Flash can't enter the Speed Force without going at lightspeed.

NoFate007
I agree that after I saw that, Flash seems all that much cooler to me. I love him now, before I just thought he was alright lol.

Seeing as his power can get that huge, I'd put him before a ton of others now, but even someone insanely powerful can be beaten by the simplest things. Hulk at a monster rage could do something, I'm sure, the same goes for some other characters. Some would stand no chance, like Jubilee...ha...

masterbruce
the reason he can't be beat, at least by the likes of Hulk, is that he is WAY too fast

NOBODY can even realize what hit them before Flash blitzes them

Dizzle
But what the hell is he gonna do to Hulk? Hulk hits him once and Flash is good as dead.

Cosmic Cube
Hulk isn't going to touch Flash. He'd have to destroy everything around them, and possibly throw Wally off balance.

nigel45
Haha, can't believe it took an episode of JLU for people to realize what so many of us already knew. Guess it's a good thing though.

There are certain people who would give him trouble, but those exceptions reaaaalllly limit the people who he's even going to face. Off the top of my head, Hulk and Juggernaut would be hard to beat (nod to CC).

What's the scenario? Is he facing them one at a time? as a group? do they know he's trying to take them down?

masterbruce
but my point is HULK CAN NEVER hit him

for example, to you, a bullet is just a little piece of metal that you can stamp on and toss far far away....but if I shoot that bullet out of a gun at you, you're helpless regardless of how much more powerful you are than the bullet for the simple fact that your senses can't even comprehend a bullet's velocity...now, Flash is exponentially faster than the bullet, see my point?

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Dizzle
But what the hell is he gonna do to Hulk? Hulk hits him once and Flash is good as dead.

Wally's attacks would be futile. Hulk can resist a force blast that moves planets, and keep moving forward. I really don't see the infamous IMP doing much.

Hulk would be too slow to catch Wally.

nigel45
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Hulk isn't going to touch Flash. He'd have to destroy everything around them, and possibly throw Wally off balance.

Even that's a stretch really. Wally doesn't lose his balance often.

And Hulk is not getting a blow to land if Wally is paying any attention at all.

nigel45
Originally posted by masterbruce
but my point is HULK CAN NEVER hit him

for example, to you, a bullet is just a little piece of metal that you can stamp on and toss far far away....but if I shoot that bullet out of a gun at you, you're helpless regardless of how much more powerful you are than the bullet for the simple fact that your senses can't even comprehend a bullet's velocity...now, Flash is exponentially faster than the bullet, see my point?

Right, Hulk can't hit him. But what is Wally going to do?

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by nigel45
Even that's a stretch really. Wally doesn't lose his balance often.

And Hulk is not getting a blow to land if Wally is paying any attention at all.

Agreed. Not much Hulk can do.

nigel45
Wally's attacks would be futile. Hulk can resist a force blast that moves planets, and keep moving forward. I really don't see the infamous IMP doing much.

Hulk would be too slow to catch Wally.

Exactly.

nigel45
Who else is there? I'm having trouble just fathoming the people Flash would be up against.

masterbruce
Right, Hulk can't hit him. But what is Wally going to do?

the same thing he did to Brainiac infused with Lex Luthor in a Nanite armor...rip him piece by piece

the rest of JL couldn't even damage Brainiac, but Flash just broke him apart

And also, it doesn't matter if Flash is facing them all at once or separately, he's traveling at the speed of near light, he could battle them simultaneously and nobody would realize what was hitting them, they'd just see red and yellow streaks followed by sonic booms

Cosmic Cube
Well, there are a few people who could come close to, or match his speed, and that's what this match is basically all about.

masterbruce
Who else is there? I'm having trouble just fathoming the people Flash would be up against.

venom, spiderman, kalibak, beast, wolverine, sabretooth, etc....

Cosmic Cube
the same thing he did to Brainiac infused with Lex Luthor in a Nanite armor...rip him piece by piece

the rest of JL couldn't even damage Brainiac, but Flash just broke him apart

And also, it doesn't matter if Flash is facing them all at once or separately, he's traveling at the speed of near light, he could battle them simultaneously and nobody would realize what was hitting them, they'd just see red and yellow streaks followed by sonic booms

Ever hear of a guy named Onslaught? wink

Hulk is more durable than you think. He's easily up there with Doomsday (minus the immunity factor.)

When did JLU become canon?

masterbruce
remember in the matrix, how much of an advantage it is to be faster than your opponents, when neo and trinity blasted their way past the guards

well, with flash, everyone will not only seem slowed down but almost be standing still, to the flash when he reaches his zone, he'll be fighting statues basically

Cosmic Cube

Kalibak? What the f**k?

Cosmic Cube
remember in the matrix, how much of an advantage it is to be faster than your opponents, when neo and trinity blasted their way past the guards

well, with flash, everyone will not only seem slowed down but almost be standing still, to the flash when he reaches his zone, he'll be fighting statues basically

For Flash, it would be like fighting a statue made of adamantium.

masterbruce
Ever hear of a guy named Onslaught? wink

Hulk is more durable than you think. He's easily up there with Doomsday (minus the immunity factor.)

that's why I purposely barred people with telepathic powers, energy projection, magic abilities, or flight

masterbruce
For Flash, it would be like fighting a statue made of adamantium.

he ripped apart brainiac's nano armor that the justice league couldn't even dent

and remember, cartoons usually weaken their characters, so flash is even more powerful than his depiction in JLU

nigel45

Amen.

nigel45

Spiderman? Beast? They might as well not be there.

nigel45

and remember, cartoons usually weaken their characters, so flash is even more powerful than his depiction in JLU

Not really. For once, they showed a character at pretty much the peak of their abilities. That showing was more than Wally usually even does in the comics.

nigel45
he ripped apart brainiac's nano armor that the justice league couldn't even dent

The rest of the justice league never got a shot at him.

masterbruce
Amen.

Why isn't JLU legitimate material?

masterbruce
The rest of the justice league never got a shot at him.

superman got a couple of good hits on him that didn't even faze him

you can't deny that the Brainiac armor was pretty strong, im not saying hulk level, but im saying Flash when he reaches that zone can cause hefty damage

nigel45
Why isn't JLU legitimate material?

Same reason Full House isn't. It's a tv show.

nigel45
superman got a couple of good hits on him that didn't even faze him

you can't deny that the Brainiac armor was pretty strong, im not saying hulk level, but im saying Flash when he reaches that zone can cause hefty damage

Believe me, I know what Wally can do. But the JLU show has episodes where Flash basically slips on banana peels. The characters on that show are only based off the comics, they're not dependant on what the comics lay down as truth.

masterbruce
Same reason Full House isn't. It's a tv show.

the creators of JLU take the show very seriously (I think Bruce Timm is par of it, he was also responsible for the fantastic Batman:TAS) I don't think they just make stuff up about their main characters

nigel45
the creators of JLU take the show very seriously (I think Bruce Timm is par of it, he was also responsible for the fantastic Batman:TAS) I don't think they just make stuff up about their main characters

It doesn't matter how seriously they take their work, it's completely unrelated to the comic books in every way but the names they use. If something happens on the show, you don't see repurcussions in the comics or vise versa.

masterbruce
Believe me, I know what Wally can do. But the JLU show has episodes where Flash basically slips on banana peels. The characters on that show are only based off the comics, they're not dependant on what the comics lay down as truth.

You prob know alot more about Flash than I do, which is admittedly very little. But Im saying a Flash at full potential can destroy any marvel/dc charcaters according to the conditions i set forth. of course he could slip on a banana...but then that would render many versus threads moot point. As in characters in comics rarely ever unleash their powers in the most effective or efficient way (ie superman would engage in hand to hand combat when he could just hover in the air and heat blast his foes)

masterbruce
It doesn't matter how seriously they take their work, it's completely unrelated to the comic books in every way but the names they use. If something happens on the show, you don't see repurcussions in the comics or vise versa.

so are you saying that the flash in the comics couldn't do what he did on the JLU show?

nigel45
You prob know alot more about Flash than I do, which is admittedly very little. But Im saying a Flash at full potential can destroy any marvel/dc charcaters according to the conditions i set forth. of course he could slip on a banana...but then that would render many versus threads moot point. As in characters in comics rarely ever unleash their powers in the most effective or efficient way (ie superman would engage in hand to hand combat when he could just hover in the air and heat blast his foes)

Well, my point was that he doesn't do things like slip or stumble in the comics. He could easily take down just about every street level character in Marvel or DC (which is what this battle basically is) but when you get to guys like Hulk or Juggernaut who are pretty much invulnerable, even the power Flash displayed on the show might not cut it.

nigel45
so are you saying that the flash in the comics couldn't do what he did on the JLU show?

Actually, in one of my earlier posts, I said that Flash did something EXACTLY like this in the comics. But tearing apart some nanotech armor because someone in the JL had to for the episode to end doesn't prove a whole lot.

nigel45
So no, I'm saying that Flash can't just go around tearing anyone he wants to pieces.

masterbruce
Well, my point was that he doesn't do things like slip or stumble in the comics. He could easily take down just about every street level character in Marvel or DC (which is what this battle basically is) but when you get to guys like Hulk or Juggernaut who are pretty much invulnerable, even the power Flash displayed on the show might not cut it.

you're right about juggernaut, I mean Flash can not really do anything to damage him, so I think we now agree on everything

nigel45
Oops, the post i referred to earlier was actually in a different thread. So many damn Flash threads popping up thanks to this epidode...

Cosmic Cube

May I reiterate, JLU is not canon.

Not to discredit Wally, but there are a lot of unanswered questions about him destroying this armor. How did he destroy the armor? Who actually took a shot at it? Is the armor really any more durable than Hulk, a guy that can weather planet rending attacks and multi megaton nukes?

Not all cartoon characters are inferior to their comic book namesakes. AMAZO, for example.

Cosmic Cube
you're right about juggernaut, I mean Flash can not really do anything to damage him, so I think we now agree on everything

Difference is, Hulk is virtually invulnerable, while Juggernaut is totally physically invulnerable. It takes a LOT to hurt an angry Savage Hulk, but nothing hurts the Juggernaut (at least the classic one.)

nigel45

Not to discredit Wally, but there are a lot of unanswered questions about him destroying this armor. How did he destroy the armor? Who actually took a shot at it? Is the armor really any more durable than Hulk, a guy that can weather planet rending attacks and multi megaton nukes?

Not all cartoon characters are inferior to their comic book namesakes. AMAZO, for example.

I could be wrong, but I was pretty sure the only person to even get a shot at Luthor/Brainiac after they were enhanced with the nanomite armor was Flash. So we don't know who else might have destroyedit given the chance.

nigel45
And the way Flash destroyed the armor was by vibrating through it with his hands, which is an ability we're not even sure Flash can use on living beings.

masterbruce

The Flash kinda just ripped off the armor, piece by piece, and then stuck his hands into Luthor and vibrated until Brainiac disintegrated.

Superman took a few punches at Brainiac. The other heroes never got a chance because Brainiac suit could unleash tentacles which kept them busy.

No, the armor is prob not as durable as Hulk, but I think Flash could still hurt him, just my opinion based on what he did on the show, which I know is not canon.

nigel45
Superman took a few punches at Brainiac. The other heroes never got a chance because Brainiac suit could unleash tentacles which kept them busy.

But that was before Luthor/Brainiac got the nano armor. Flash was the only one who could reach him after that.

long pig
Your're basing an opinion on something that isn't canon? Something that never happend?

ImmortalOne
IN the comics, Flash can vibrate his molecules through objects, so can he do dat to HUlk ??

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by ImmortalOne
IN the comics, Flash can vibrate his molecules through objects, so can he do dat to HUlk ??

He's never vibrated through anyone before, so until he does, we'll never know..

Even if he can, it's doubtful that he could do it to Hulk. Savage Hulk's flesh is about as dense as low grade adamantium. Vision learned that firsthand.

nigel45
Originally posted by ImmortalOne

It's hard to say what effect that would have. It might hurt Hulk, it might kill Flash. He's never really vibrated through living things.

long pig
I remember a whole damn Flash vs Hulk thread that was based around the fact that Flash could vibrate through him, since we've found out he hasn't before, no one has even mentioned the vibration technique.

ImmortalOne
Then we shall.................... WAIT !!

masterbruce
I still don't understand why you guys put no credence in JLU

If Flash can vibrate through people in that show, then he has that ability

ImmortalOne
Has he vibrated through living being before ??

long pig
No.

masterbruce
no, but I don't see what difference a living being would be as opposed to a being constructed from nanite, they're all essentially atoms

its not like living beings possess some sort of mystical protection

ImmortalOne
Some do (ex Juggs)

The difference is the molecular density !!!

masterbruce
well, we've settled that Juggernaut would be impervious to Flash and pretty much anyone else's attack, and hulk would prob be immune to flash too

but Flash would still be able to destroy most other characters

masterbruce
actually Juggernaut should not even be mentioned

in my OP, I excluded characters who possessed magic, so that eliminates Juggernaut

ImmortalOne
So, that concludes your thread
Flash vs Every of theese dudes without blah blah blah

Flash losses, in DC Doomsday, in Marvel Juggs

masterbruce
well a match between juggernaut and anyone is usually pointless...i mean he is invincible so people can only win by ringout.

but good pick with Doomsday, he's prob the only one who matches my criteria who can possibly evolve enough to beat Flash

Sentry
Originally posted by long pig
I remember a whole damn Flash vs Hulk thread that was based around the fact that Flash could vibrate through him, since we've found out he hasn't before, no one has even mentioned the vibration technique.

I made a thread awhile back of who Flash could run through and make them explode. Well, one good solid shot to the ground from the likes of Savage Hulk could shake the earth and make Flash skip a beat and knock himself out when he falls.

Guys that can stop the flash according to your restrictions:

Savage Hulk
Hercules
Wonder Man
Gladiator(he doesn't need to fly or use his heat vision to stop him. He can run very fast as well)
Black Bolt(Could speak a few words and kill the Flash)
Sandman(He has a good chance)
Hydroman(Same as above)
Iceman(Iceman will fu<k him up real good)

Their are more, but I'm not gonna list them all. Ice is not energy, Sand is not energy, water is not energy.

masterbruce
sentry, none of those guys could actually land a hit on flash if he was in the speed zone

when you're moving at the speed that flash is, everyone else is basically a standstill statue, that's why his power is so powerful

remember, speed of light travels around the earth SEVEN times in 1 second

so by the time HUlk actually manages to clap his hands together, Flash could have traveled to 7 different continents and back before the sound from Hulk's clap is even unleashed

Blair Wind
Id have to agree that Iceman can take him....what can the flash do to him? he cant die physically.....while he may not be able to see whats happening for a few seconds while he is being hit, he then just freezes all the molecules in the air around him......ice a la Flash.....there are

CorderaMitchell
Hulk goes to space....

Blair Wind
haha my sentence got cut off...I said there are others (very few) but I cant remember who, that could probably take him.....

CorderaMitchell
hmmmm , I haven't read this all the way, I was on the first page though.

Sentry
Originally posted by Sentry
Well, one good solid shot to the ground from the likes of Savage Hulk could shake the earth and make Flash skip a beat and knock himself out when he falls.

Hulk doesn't need to hit him. Slamming the ground as hard as he can will throw Flash off. Any of the other Muscle heads could do it.

Sentry
Flash is powerful, but not invincible or invulnerable.

whirlysplat
Not if his in the speed force lol he hits at the speed of light by the time hulk raises his foot flash has hit him 186,000 times at least big grin

masterbruce
Originally posted by Sentry
Hulk doesn't need to hit him. Slamming the ground as hard as he can will throw Flash off. Any of the other Muscle heads could do it.

Flash will not be anywhere in the vicinity by the time Hulk's fist makes contact with the ground

Sentry
If he's on earth he'll feel it. Unless he's flying.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by whirlysplat
Not if his in the speed force lol he hits at the speed of light by the time hulk raises his foot flash has hit him 186,000 times at least big grin

Which would do nothing.

Flash doesn't go from zero to lightspeed in a nanosecond, either. He could probably get in about 500 decent punches per second, max, which would be like getting hit by cotton balls for Hulk. Flash would hurt himself more than he hurts Hulk.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
Hulk goes to space....

Not likely. Hulk overcame a force blast that moves planets at near lightspeed, and kept coming. It might have knocked Zum into orbit, but don't think the IMP would budge him.

Laminator_X
Some thoughts. This isn't a criticism of DC, the Flash, or his fans. Rather, it's an attempt to place his powers in perspective.

I don't buy the Infinite Mass Punch. If Wally really were subject to relativistic mass dilation, his body would tear inself apart long before he ever reached lightspeed. Furthermore if he were subject to relativistic affects, were he to attempt a speedblitz at greater than 90% lightspeed Wally would be the one who couldn't react fast enough. At .9c 2.3 seconds pass for the body at "rest" for every one second for the Flash. At .9999c 70.1 seconds pass to the oberver at rest for every one second that passes in the Flash's frame of reference. This would introduce all kinds of problems, not the least of which is getting-smashed-by/left-behind-by the planet Earth as it moves through its orbital curve.

The Speed Force is essentially magic. It lets him move outside the rules of spacetime physiscs, but according to some other (poorly defined) rules of its own. While it pays some lip-service to Relativity, it shields DC speedsters from any of it's actual effects. Furthurmore, it protects them from things like the impact on their joints, heat from friction, flying off the planet when they exceed escape velocity, having their faces rubbed off by their bow-wave while their GI tracks are sucked out their rear by their backdraft, and so on.

When he punches someone at superspeed, he's not hitting with the momentum of a human body at high velocity. It's essentially a speedforce force-bolt coincident with his hand. When he runs, he's certainly not propelling himself by pushing against the ground.

Cosmic Cube
That would explain why Wally gets hit alot...

The Infinite Mass Punch is just a name this forum gave the attack. It's pretty inaccurate though. An object with infinite mass would collapse the universe upon itself. It's more of a "high velocity/inertial mass punch." Don't ask me how Flash increases his inertial mass and travels at lightspeed simultaneously.

masterbruce
guys, please don't bring actual science into this

if comics were even loosely based on scientific principles, I would have long ago microwaved a spider and get bit by him

Cosmic Cube

if comics were even loosely based on scientific principles, I would have long ago microwaved a spider and get bit by him

They are loosely based on science. Loosely.

Microwaving a spider wouldn't make it radioactive, unless you have a very special (and dangerous) microwave.

masterbruce
oh I'm not talking about using a microwave oven, I'm talking about using a prototype SRX96 model microwave heat blaster

Laminator_X

That was sort of the point. Trying to apply physics ideas to the Flash's powers is largely nonsensical. He just doesn't work that way. If he did suffer relativistic mass increase, he'd just die.

Rather, we should approach the Flash's powers just like anyone else's. Look at his deeds and go from there.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Laminator_X
That was sort of the point. Trying to apply physics ideas to the Flash's powers is largely nonsensical. He just doesn't work that way. If he did suffer relativistic mass increase, he'd just die.

Rather, we should approach the Flash's powers just like anyone else's. Look at his deeds and go from there.

The Speed Force supposedly stops mass dilation.

Laminator_X
Clearly, it must.

K Von Doom
Proteus would beat Flash lol

Juntai
Flashes always managed to get downplayed or screwed over in Crisis' and crossovers, but if you add his powers up, not many people should be able to **** wit him at all.

You can't touch him at all, period. He vibrates through objects or moves around em.
He can use the speed force to hit you at orbit velocity, and send you through space
Not that any but the most trained eye or someone else with Superspeed could even see him coming anyways.

And alas, in DC/Marvel when the JLA and X Men met up in the crossover, Jubilee took him after he saved her life, she zapped him in the eye and put him down the count.

black robb
Only one man could beat Flash,THE GREAT WOLVERINE!!! isnt that right fanboys...

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Juntai
Flashes always managed to get downplayed or screwed over in Crisis' and crossovers, but if you add his powers up, not many people should be able to **** wit him at all.

You can't touch him at all, period. He vibrates through objects or moves around em.
He can use the speed force to hit you at orbit velocity, and send you through space
Not that any but the most trained eye or someone else with Superspeed could even see him coming anyways.

And alas, in DC/Marvel when the JLA and X Men met up in the crossover, Jubilee took him after he saved her life, she zapped him in the eye and put him down the count.

You take crossovers way too seriously.

Metalmanx
After giving this much thought...I don't know who Flash COULDN'T beat.

Not even from watching Justice League (they SEVERELY downplay Flash's powers. He's probably the most powerful of them if they were to give him his peak abilities) I know how powerful the Flash is.

To the Hulk for example. All he has to do is vibrate, walk inside of Hulk, and cause him to explode. Sucks for Hulk. And so what if he regenerates? He still loses the fight, because Flash can keep doing that.

The same tactic goes for pretty much everyone else with super-strength/nigh-invulnerability.

Everyone else, he can just beat them to death. People must realize just how freakin fast Flash is. He could probably take on every hero (Pretty much anyone who's not a God/cosmic/you know what I mean character) at the same time. He's so fast, he's everywhere at once, instantaneously.

He could do it. That's why I don't like him as much as I used to, he's just too freakin powerful.

Quicksilver is a much more realistic, better speedster.

CorderaMitchell
Not likely. Hulk overcame a force blast that moves planets at near lightspeed, and kept coming. It might have knocked Zum into orbit, but don't think the IMP would budge him.

I'm going to have to disagree, while it may not defeat him by damage, it should be enough to do the aforementioned feat.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.