"Movie Madness" - MDF Social Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cinemaddiction
https://home.comcast.net/~GTPrix/madness.jpg

Welcome to the all new Movie Discussion Forum Off Topic thread, "Movie Madness". The purpose of this thread is to talk about virtually anything you wish, mainly movie themed, without limitations. I'm hoping this will generate fellowship between MDF'ers by having casual conversations.

I figured I'd get it started by sharing some really cool news from McFarlane Toys.

Napoleon Dynamite FIGURES! SWEET!

Bardock42
Nice nice nice...good one Cine.........Lets chat 'n' roll

SlipknoT
So......Whats crackin homies?kwasny

botankus
Wattup! I can finally go off topic!

laughing out loud confused big grin smile sad

p.s. To stay on topic, I love movies.

Cinemaddiction
I watched "East of Eden" this afternoon. There was a documentary on the Bonus Features disc that was super informative. James Dean, was 24 when he died, only made 3 films, and his career lasted only 16 months. Crazy to think he still had such a huge impact.

BTW, the movie was great. It was sort of a "Kane and Able" story set to real life.

SlipknoT
I made some chicken wings tonight, Cause I had been staying at my aunts and they had them, but mine didnt turn out as good...

Dr. Strangelove
This is going to be the best thread on KMC, I know it! laughing out loud

British food is terrible and overpriced. thumb down

Cinemaddiction
So, are you back, Doc?

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by botankus

They're OK, but I prefer films...geek

After watching "East of Eden" I'm on a Elia Kazan kick. So, I rented "On the Waterfront", and I'll get "Streetcar Named Desire" tomorrow or Tuesday. Seems like that's his holy trinity, right there.

I gotta get caught up on my movies, personally. Wonka's out, I need to see "Dark Water", then "Devils Rejects" AND "The Island" drop Friday. Oh, going to see "Fantastic Four" again since it's free.

DeVi| D0do
eww... F4...

stick out tongue

Dr. Strangelove
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
So, are you back, Doc?

Yes, I just got back today from vacation. Missed the KMC regulars while I was gone especially your beautiful self Cin. wink

Cinemaddiction
You missed a lot. Go the OTF sometime and search for "Team Mir" and "Le Crew". We had a ball. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bardock42
Hmm....I think more people should post more in here yes

Bardock42

Bardock42

*Georgina_A*
So you posted 3 times to make up for it? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bardock42
Yes.......god I am so n00bful embarrasment

*Georgina_A*
Originally posted by Bardock42
Yes.......god I am so n00bful embarrasment

laughing out loud...Indeed stick out tongue

Bardock42
Thank you...I appreciate that you agree with me.....damn you vile woman.....

*Georgina_A*
eyes

Bardock42
What is this smiley all aboot?

*Georgina_A*
...Looking cute? huh lol I don't know.

Bardock42
Originally posted by *Georgina_A*
...Looking cute? huh lol I don't know.

Hmm...it looks more like a spoiled brat......are you a spoiled brat?

*Georgina_A*
Hmm...it looks more like a spoiled brat......are you a spoiled brat?

...No no expression It's just a smilie

Bardock42
It represents your state of mind.....

botankus
Saw Are We There Yet? last night. Best part about it was Ice Cube calling the kids non-obscene names while they were calling him names like booger-butt. A few times he busted into "Damn!" and the kids freaked out. It was a far cry from Boyz N The Hood.

It was definately unchartered territory for the man.

botankus
They're OK, but I prefer films...geek

That's what I get for trying to get on-topic in an off-topic thread, I suppose.

botankus
Hmmm.. not too much movie social activity in the AM. I guess too many of our forum regulars are still asleep after a triple-header of movies that kept them up all night.

Bardock42
Or......YOUR MOM.........

botankus
lol Alright, Bardock, I'm going to report you to Cinemaddiction unless you can prove you were with her last night!

Bardock42
lol Alright, Bardock, I'm going to report you to Cinemaddiction unless you can prove you were with her last night!

That was...err....hypothetical......embarrasment

Oh and I don't think i have been reported before...I can take it eek!

Cinemaddiction
Saw Are We There Yet? last night. Best part about it was Ice Cube calling the kids non-obscene names while they were calling him names like booger-butt. A few times he busted into "Damn!" and the kids freaked out. It was a far cry from Boyz N The Hood.

It was definately unchartered territory for the man.

Speaking of supposedly really bad films, I rented "Fat Albert" last night. I'll be sure to weigh in later. Pun totally intended.

botankus
Oh, man, Cory, we must be out of movies if this is what we've stooped to.

Cinemaddiction
Yeah, from "East of Eden" to "Fat Albert"..that's quite the jump.

Clovie
hello? bag

Bardock42
Originally posted by Clovie
hello? bag

Greetings my young aprenntice

Clovie
Greetings my young aprenntice why do you sound like yoda? bag

Bardock42
Cause I am......I don't though

botankus
Yeah, from "East of Eden" to "Fat Albert"..that's quite the jump.

Yeah, really.

Hey, why didn't you like Audition (or only halfway liked it)? What'd you think of the bag scene at the end?

Clovie
Cause I am......I don't though young apperince?

botankus
Cory, I've got to stop you from watching Fat Albert, the movie. I just don't have a good feeling about it.

Here's what you need to watch instead:

Bardock42
What is this Fat Albert Talk all aboot?

botankus
Is your Mum's name Albert? If it is, that's what it was.

Bardock42
Is your Mum's name Albert? If it is, that's what it was.

Oh good one, this one hurt deep down there.....good stuff botankus...anyways who is fat albert?

botankus
The legend, the man, Fat Albert!

Refer to that cartoon above and the guy who looks like the Kool-Aid guy in the middle.

Bardock42
Oh so it was a cartoon and they made it a movie (which probably sucks) ok...I see

Cinemaddiction
Yeah, really.

Hey, why didn't you like Audition (or only halfway liked it)? What'd you think of the bag scene at the end?

Well, this was my second time watching it. The last 10 minutes were a little more effective than the first time I saw it, but the build up was just so flat, IMO. Not to sound like a total pervert, but had the piano teacher probed a little "furthur" with the prod, it would have made for a hell of a lot more ****ed up flick. But, it was 30 minutes too long, had too many weird timejump scenes that confused me, and just seemed really generic. That's been the case with all Takashi Miike films I've seen.

Cinemaddiction
Cory, I've got to stop you from watching Fat Albert, the movie. I just don't have a good feeling about it.

Here's what you need to watch instead:

I got 15 minutes into it before cutting it the hell off. It had one of those guys from Good Charlotte posing as a HIGH SCHOOLER..as well as Aaron Carter.

botankus
I do that (switch off after 15 minutes) sometimes, too, after I rent something.

The reasoning for mine might be different, though. I usually do it because something I see in the rented movie reminds me of a movie that I love, and then the craving starts to watch that movie, and I take the rented one out and put my movie from the other room in.

I don't have much time at home anyway - hate to waste it.

Bardock42
YOu two are nerds...in a good way......somehow....maybe

Bardock42
Woah Cine,....don't you think that was a little harsh....calling some n00b an idiot?.....I mean of course he deserves a major beating for misspelling the title ...twice.....actually I take that back....you were ****ing right to do that

Cinemaddiction
You have seen the movie, right?

Bardock42
You have seen the movie, right?

"Napoleon Dynamite"....no...not really....embarrasment

Or do you mean "Fat Albert"? ...again that would be a no embarrasment

or "East of Eden"....which would be the third no in a row (haha what a great rhyme)

Man I suck sad

botankus
I was out with friends at a bar last night and we thought of a good movie title. They changed bartenders and went from Amy to Matt and I only had one beer when Matt came on duty. He asked what was I paying for and I said, "The Beer after Amy." He's a movie buff and said, "what a good movie title."

Hence, my new indie project: The Beer After Amy.

Bardock42
Great you have a title........don't nyou usually start with a story.....but who cares..the title rocks

botankus
No, the story will be completely different. My story would not make a great movie, IMO!

A cross between Chasing Amy and Barfly, perhaps?

Bardock42
hmm Chasing Amy is a funny Movie...the other one I don't know sad

botankus
The other one has Mickey Rourke and Faye Dunaway in it.

Bardock42
Is it good in your opinion?

botankus
Yes. Every movie from 1987 is good except for Disorderlies, starring The Fat Boys. If you didn't know who Fat Albert was, don't even bother with these guys.

Bardock42
Yes. Every movie from 1987 is good except for Disorderlies, starring The Fat Boys. If you didn't know who Fat Albert was, don't even bother with these guys.

What the f**k? .... interesting theory......

botankus
That was one of my 22 threads I started here at KMC. It was a long time ago and I posted "Beat this year" or something like that and listed the movies from 1987 and really no one came close except for maybe 1979.

Bardock42
That was one of my 22 threads I started here at KMC. It was a long time ago and I posted "Beat this year" or something like that and listed the movies from 1987 and really no one came close except for maybe 1979.

Oh ok...but still a far step from "Being the best year" to "All movies of that year ROCK"

Cinemaddiction

Bullshit, man. In the words of Millionaire Albert Dennison; "Step off, homeboy." I think 1999 was a better year, overall.

botankus
You liked Disorderlies???? I guess it had it's moments, like when they were eating all the food in the place for half the movie.

botankus
Well, this one's for Cory and Bardock:

http://www.impawards.com/1987/posters/disorderlies.jpg

Cinemaddiction
I was a big "Fat Boys" fan at the time too. What makes 1987 so special, BTW? I know you've kept the same opinion, but all that really comes to mind is Wall Street, Full Metal Jacket, Empire of the Sun, and The Untouchables.

Look at 1999..Fight Club, The Green Mile, American Beauty, Dogma, Being John Malkovich, Boys Don't Cry, Three Kings, Run Lola Run, Matrix, Office Space, Magnolia,...

"Disorderlies" was released on DVD about a month ago. I should just get it.

botankus

Bardock42
God, I don't know any any release date of any movie...ever......not even the ones that were released this year.....

Cinemaddiction
...now you see why you don't belong here, outlander!? mad

Bardock42
...now you see why you don't belong here, outlander!? mad

I know...but I am willing to Learn...please great Cine....I want to learn...I NEED TO LEARN

botankus
Also, Garbage Pail Kids, the movie was 1987. Thought you all would like to know that.

botankus
New rule for anyone participating in MDF social thread: Wake up before noon! It's boring as hell in the AM. Bardock, you have no excuse because you're in Germany.

Cinemaddiction
Also, Garbage Pail Kids, the movie was 1987. Thought you all would like to know that.

I watched my purchased copy the other day, and was surprised how much I still liked it. Made me wonder whatever became of Mackenzie Astin. I'm sure his brother's making sure he's taken care of, not that Mackenzie ever really had a career...but..

botankus
Wasn't he on The Facts of Life?

Cinemaddiction
Yeah, then a bunch of B movies.

botankus
Wake up!

Okay, now that everyone's awake, I would like to ask if anyone has seen "Hands on a Hard Body." I saw it in 1999 (what a year, right?) and thought it was great. It was way before these BS reality shows which have ruined everything. I just ordered my VHS copy of it (DVD is priced at $60!) and will be watching it again when it comes in the mail.

SlipknoT
for Disorderlies, starring The Fat Boys. laughing out loud

So I ug, Got some ice cream tonight

Korri
I like Le Movies zorro

Cinemaddiction
I think I'm going to see "Fantastic Four" with the lady again this afternoon. I still have 2 free passes that expire in 8 days, so..

I'm hard up for cash, so I sold some DVD's to fun my weekend theatre trips, which look to include 5..yes..FIVE..films. Charlie, Hustle and Flow, Murderball, The Devils Rejects, and The Island. Murderball may wait, guess we'll see, regardless, it'll be a crazy weekend.

Korri
I was supposed to go see that film with my friends but it turned out they couldnt be bothered cry

People suck! sad

I wanted to go see Sin City anyways no expression

Dr. Strangelove
Is 1984 the movie any good?

Mandorallen
Next year is gonna be crazy.......

check this out, movies next year.

Rambo4
jurrasic park 4
swiss family robinson (ramke)
superman returns
indiana jones 4
iceage 2
the warriors (remake)
splinter cell
The flash
X men 3
Ghost rider
rush hour 3
kung pow 2 (lol)
terminator 4
Metroid
miss doubtfire 2
pirates of the carribean 2
Police academy (remake)...........nooooo

WOW...the year of the sequel huh?

Cinemaddiction
I have no idea why they're remaking "Police Academy". If they remake "Airplane!", I'll kill myself.

Dr. Strangelove
I bet ya if they remake Airplane! Jimmy Fallon will play Ted Striker BlaHsick

Out of that list I'm only interested in Indiana Jones 4 and X-Men 3.

Is Jurassic 4 directed by Spielberg?

SlipknoT
superman returns
the warriors (remake)
X men 3
Ghost rider

Only ones I care about
terminator 4

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove
I bet ya if they remake Airplane! Jimmy Fallon will play Ted Striker BlaHsick

Ohhhh Godddddddd...horrible, horrible visual.

Mandorallen
Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove
Is Jurassic 4 directed by Spielberg?

not confirmed but here is a small list of people for the credits..

http://imdb.com/title/tt0369610/fullcredits#writers

=========================================

and yes cine, I too got a horrible visual of fallon as striker

The Biker Scout
Booooyahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Splinter cell..........................

CAN"T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! big grin

Imperial_Samura
Miss Doubtfire 2? Police Academy? They have gone mad. Mad! MAD!!!

botankus
The Police Academy remake will be PG-13 and also lame.

Korri
Police Academy rocked, the guy that did all the sounds was teh coolestest touched

botankus
Michael Winslow, yeah, he was good in that and also in Spaceballs.

Mandorallen
^^^^^^^ winslow, will also be in the remake

SlipknoT
Anyone see The Devil Rejects, It was great.

Cinemaddiction
My review is over in the Horror forum. Some unnecessary sexual dialogue, but otherwise, it was pretty good. Better than "House of 1,000 Corpses", IMO.

Korri
I'm watching Galaxy Quest laughing out loud

Sigourney rawks droolio

Mandorallen
ya, she's awsome in the alien saga.

gettin old tho....

im watching kill bill vol.2

i pray to god its better than the first.

Cinemaddiction
Part 2's more dramatic, and I don't think it tops the first. Just watched the original "Amityville Horror" for the first time in almost 3 years. I hardly remembered it, and really bashed it pretty bad. Figures I liked it this time, no real complaints aside from James Brolin switching on autopilot as soon as the movie started.

SlipknoT
Yea, Kill Bill Vol. 1 was great. I think I may go back a second time to go see The Devils Rejects

Mandorallen
Part 2's more dramatic, and I don't think it tops the first.

I'm a fan of neither, im not a kung fu person, at least to that kind...

=============================

what do you think is better?

red dragon

or

Silence of the lambs?

i think lambs.

KillTheLight
I agree silence of the lambs is better though I did like Red dragon as well..didn't really think much of the movie Hannibal though erm

Cinemaddiction
"Silence of the Lambs", but just barely. Ed Norton's one of my favorite actors, and I think it's better than "Manhunter" as well, which I thought was way too eighties.

You know, "Kill Bill", atleast the first one isn't necessarily a Kung Fu movie. It's more so a revenge flick.

Mandorallen

You know, "Kill Bill", atleast the first one isn't necessarily a King Fu movie. It's more so a revenge flick.

True, but its not my cup of tea.

wink

look at my profile to see my faves.

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by Mandorallen

look at my profile to see my faves.

Looks strangley familiar......

DeVi| D0do
I love Kill Bill Vol. 2 if only for Bill's superman monologue at the end...

I think Kill Bill 2 makes 1 so much better. But the crazy 88 just friggin rock.

Anyone know when Tarantino is releasing 'Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair'?

botankus
What is the point of this "More Movies forum?" Didn't these forums already exist?

I've already got a way to improve the newly-added forum: 86 all of them and replace them with forums dedicated to River's Edge, Menace II Society, and Starship Troopers (part 1 only).

Mandorallen
Looks strangley familiar......

The beggining and end do wink

Mandorallen
interesting...........

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/1675/rambo414yr.th.jpg

Mandorallen
http://img303.imageshack.us/img303/2121/06jurassicpark4concep19ng.th.jpg

its a possibility that these are fake...........

but they look pretty convincing........

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/7263/xmen316ee.th.jpg

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/3391/poster112ns.th.jpg

Mandorallen
I hope they dont screw up X-3...........

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/1350/xmen310wv.th.jpg

Cinemaddiction
What is the point of this "More Movies forum?" Didn't these forums already exist?

I've already got a way to improve the newly-added forum: 86 all of them and replace them with forums dedicated to River's Edge, Menace II Society, and Starship Troopers (part 1 only).

I'm only keeping that announcement up a couple of days. It's a minor change, Matrix went subforum, and instead of a "More Forums" section, it's a subforum of the "Movie Franchises", which makes sense, organization wise.

I think after seeing "Hustle and Flow", I'm going to rent "Menace 2 Society" and "Boyz N The Hood" again. Been a while. Know of any other gritty urban dramas I should look into?

Cinemaddiction
http://img303.imageshack.us/img303/2121/06jurassicpark4concep19ng.th.jpg

its a possibility that these are fake...........

but they look pretty convincing........

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/7263/xmen316ee.th.jpg

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/3391/poster112ns.th.jpg

JP 4 is a fake, there's no Director listed on the poster, X3 is a fake because the Wolverine shot is from some of the X2 posters, and Ice Age 2 is legit.

Mandorallen
JP 4 is a fake, there's no Director listed on the poster, .

when it says "a film by stephen speilburg" its not saying the director?

mmmmmm.... it probably is fake tho.

Cinemaddiction
It's a fake. Posters don't have "A Movie By" anyone. They get listed as a Director. Not only that, why would Samuel L. Jackson be in 4 if he wasn't in 2 or 3, and had a small role in the original "Jurassic Park". On top of that, Sam Neill's name is misspelled.

Mandorallen
It's a fake. Posters don't have "A Movie By" anyone. They get listed as a Director. Not only that, why would Samuel L. Jackson be in 4 if he wasn't in 2 or 3, and had a small role in the original "Jurassic Park". On top of that, Sam Neill's name is misspelled.

good eye for detail wink

vatalya
Know of any other gritty urban dramas I should look into?

If you haven't already, check out 187 with Samuel L. Jackson.

botankus
I think after seeing "Hustle and Flow", I'm going to rent "Menace 2 Society" and "Boyz N The Hood" again. Been a while. Know of any other gritty urban dramas I should look into?

No. I've seen them all, and none compare to the 2 classics.

If you haven't seen "Don't Be a Menace....Drinking your juice in the Hood" yet, I would strongly recommend watching it after "Boyz" and "Menace" to complete a trilogy of Gangsta Movie Marathon-ing at its finest. Or even if you have seen it, rent it anyways.

Mandorallen
Gangsta Movie Marathon-ing at its finest.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Gangster/organized crime Movie Marathon-ing at its finest.

Goodfella's
Godfather
Godfather part 2
Reservoir dogs
Pulp fiction

Edit: just to let everyone know.

Cinemaddiction
Big difference between Gang-STER and Gang-STA, the latter of which is what I was looking for...and how the hell you excluded "The Untouchables" is beyond me.

Mandorallen
and how the hell you excluded "The Untouchables"

sick omg i did forget it, thats my favorite deNiro/costner/connery film!!!!

sick

botankus
Come to think of it, The Untouchables is one of those films I haven't seen since it came out in...let's see, what was that year? Oh, yeah, 1987! Actually, I saw it in 1988 on video b/c I was 11 when it was in the theaters. I'm seconds away from reserving it on Netflix.

I'm glad we could help each other out, Cory.

Cinemaddiction
Much obliged.

botankus
Man, I went over to imdb.com to try to refresh my memory (a little) about The Untouchables, and most of their idiotic users hated the movie! Now I may be many years removed from the film, but I definately did not think it sucked at all.

Then again, it's the imdb.com users. I'm sorry I wasted your time by including them in this post. Bye.

botankus
"Hustle & Flow" - 8.5/10"

Hmmm, I was going to bypass over this movie but if you're getting cravings for "Boyz" and "Menace" because of seeing this movie, then it might be worth checking out.

Cinemaddiction
I wrote a review for it in the "Hustle & Flow" thread, check it out.

Mandorallen
has anyone seen "seven samurai?"

if so what are your veiws on it?

Cinemaddiction
Akira Kurosawa's "The Seven Samurai"? Ask WindDancer, he's the resident Kurosawa expert.

botankus
Well, last night I did the exact opposite of what I had intended. I watched Menace!!

Fionnuala
I was just wondering if there is a thread on Enduring Love....I saw it yesterday finally..does anyone know it?

botankus
Use the search function in this forum and you might find it.

Bardock42
Botankus you uglified your sig...what's that all aboot.....

And would yu mind me putting you in my sig.....cause I love you.....embarrasment

Mandorallen
change your sig bot.

And would yu mind me putting you in my sig.....cause I love you.....embarrasment

botankus
30 minutes with a sig and your life is ruined! It's back to Hurricane sigs like it should be.

Mandorallen
lol, thats not what I meant, change the text in ur sig.

Cinemaddiction
30 minutes with a sig and your life is ruined! It's back to Hurricane sigs like it should be.

Well, Mandy there just ruined your sigline. Kick his ass...I won't report you.

It's ****ing COLLLLDDDDDDDDDDD this morning in the Mini-Apple, 63 degrees!

Mandorallen
Well, Mandy there just ruined your sigline. Kick his ass...I won't report you.

lmao!

haha, thats rich.

cine, is porn allowed on the forums?

Cinemaddiction
Not hardly.

Mandorallen
thats what i thought, fix this then....

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=357160

Dr. Strangelove
thats what i thought, fix this then....

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=357160

Gotta love the porn industry, they make a parody of everything. laughing out loud

Mandorallen
indeed.

whats youre foavorite bond movie?

botankus
lol, thats not what I meant, change the text in ur sig.

You mean it wasn't the pink and blue diva image? I guess I will have to change the text.

Bardock42
You mean it wasn't the pink and blue diva image? I guess I will have to change the text.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOORING.....Read that laughed aboot it......

botankus
It's still better than some Al Bundy wanna-be and a community service message about pedophiles. wink

Bardock42
True that.....but do you really want to compare yourself with me?....I may remind you..I am german....

Mandorallen
nazi...........

jk

Bardock42
nazi...........

jk

Like almost funny.......

Mandorallen
anyone seen the laurance fishburne movie "hoodlum"??

im watchin it now.

Mandorallen
uh oh, cine got a new sig...

Cinemaddiction
I change it about every 3 days.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>