Infinity gems: toughest wielder

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

K Von Doom
Mix things up a bit....

Savage Hulk with the Mind Gem

Professor Xavier with the Power Gem

Superman with the Space Gem

Quasar with the Reality Gem

Silver Surfer with the Soul Gem

Thor with the Time Gem

Which of these characters would be the toughest to beat?

Cosmic Cube
Do they actually know how to use them? Probably Thor or Quasar.

K Von Doom
For argument's sake, let's say they know how to use them.

kgkg
Thor

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by kgkg
Thor

Agreed.

Avalonofthewind
I would say Quasar...wouldnt the reality gem just be like an extension to his powers?
Reality controls all, doesnt it?

kgkg
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
I would say Quasar...wouldnt the reality gem just be like an extension to his powers?
Reality controls all, doesnt it?
Yes, but with Time Gem you can stop time everywhere

But Quasar won't be far behind.

Other gems are garbage

kgkg
Quasar gets no respect sad

Laminator_X
Warlock's really the only person we've seen use a gem to its fullest. The other wielders have all either tapped the power subconciously or just used them to augment what they were already doing. Could you really tell the difference between Stranger with or without the Mind Gem?

A changeup like this is somewhat intrigueing. What might a Savage Hulk do with the Mind Gem?

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Laminator_X
Warlock's really the only person we've seen use a gem to its fullest. The other wielders have all either tapped the power subconciously or just used them to augment what they were already doing. Could you really tell the difference between Stranger with or without the Mind Gem?

A changeup like this is somewhat intrigueing. What might a Savage Hulk do with the Mind Gem?

Absolutely nothing. Savage Hulk is an imbecile. He would think that the Gem is pretty, and that's about it.

masterbruce
could someone list briefly the powers of each gem?

kgkg
Originally posted by masterbruce
could someone list briefly the powers of each gem?

tooo lazy lol

Cosmic Cube
Infinity Mind Gem: Complete control over the mind of other sentients(telepathy, mind control, etc.)

Infinity Power Gem: Complete control over power (power blasts, unlimited strength, physical invulnerability, etc.)

Infinity Soul Gem: Complete control over the souls of other beings (apparently excludes divinities.)

Infinity Reality Gem: Complete control over the very fabric of reality.

Infinity Time Gem: Complete control over time.

Infinity Space Gem: Complete control over space.

A gem only works as well as it's holder knows how to use it.

masterbruce
cool thanks

the mind and soul gem seem kinda similar

the time and space gem seems really powerful but the reality gem would in effect have effects over time and space anyway

my vote is for Quasar and the reality gem

kgkg
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Infinity Mind Gem: Complete control over the mind of other sentients(telepathy, mind control, etc.)

Infinity Power Gem: Complete control over power (power blasts, unlimited strength, physical invulnerability, etc.)

Infinity Soul Gem: Complete control over the souls of other beings (apparently excludes divinities.)

Infinity Reality Gem: Complete control over the very fabric of reality.

Infinity Time Gem: Complete control over time.

Infinity Space Gem: Complete control over space.

A gem only works as well as it's holder knows how to use it.

Complete control over the very fabric of reality.???????? then why whould you need IG(all gems)?

Cosmic Cube
Complete control over the very fabric of reality.???????? then why whould you need IG(all gems)?

Because I said so.

masterbruce
perhaps it is just the perception of reality and not reality itself?

if you could control all reality, then you would be God

Cosmic Cube
perhaps it is just the perception of reality and not reality itself?

if you could control all reality, then you would be God

Or Thanos.

kgkg
Because I said so.
ohhh you said so

ok

Cosmic Cube
ohhh you said so

ok

lmao

ImmortalOne
I never saw Thanos change reality, have you >>??<<

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by ImmortalOne
I never saw Thanos change reality, have you >>??<<

Ever read IG? He wipes half of the people in the universe from existence with a snap of his fingers.

ImmortalOne
Right !!! Sorry, I was drinking Hypnotique back there !!!

So, whats the difference if you have IG and if you have just the Reality Gem ??

kgkg
Originally posted by ImmortalOne
Right !!! Sorry, I was drinking Hypnotique back there !!!

So, whats the difference if you have IG and if you have just the Reality Gem ??
When Thanos had the reality gem

He had power over a small area (basically he can do anything but has limits)

With IG: that reality had effected over all

Sentry
When he was part of the Infinity Watch, Warlock kept a close eye on him. Even though Thanos had the reality gem, he feared Warlock and his soul gem. Yes Thanos was part of the Infinity Watch. Warlock I think is the only one who has ever killed Thanos. He's the toughest wielder. He has an affinity to all the gems, not just his soul gem. Warlock is the "self-proclaimed" Ultimate Avenger.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/rd0404.jpg

K Von Doom
Reality Gem doesn't let you travel back in time. It doesn't give you control over the soul or mind of sentients. And from what I remember, it can't be used (safely or properly) without the others. Warlock said, the wielder (referring to Thanos), would know better than to try and use it without the other gems.

Sentry
Originally posted by Sentry
When he was part of the Infinity Watch, Warlock kept a close eye on him. Even though Thanos had the reality gem, he feared Warlock and his soul gem. Yes Thanos was part of the Infinity Watch. Warlock I think is the only one who has ever killed Thanos. He's the toughest wielder. He has an affinity to all the gems, not just his soul gem. Warlock is the "self-proclaimed" Ultimate Avenger.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/rd0404.jpg

Well he gave Thanos his first death.

ImmortalOne
Whats that green thing below Warlock ??

masterbruce
I think its some bottle thing that the warlock popped out from.

So I have a question, is Thanos with IG more powerful than Phoenix?

Who's more powerful than Thanos with IG, I mean he seems on par with God.

kgkg
I think its some bottle thing that the warlock popped out from.

So I have a question, is Thanos with IG more powerful than Phoenix?

Who's more powerful than Thanos with IG, I mean he seems on par with God.
LT , HOTU , TOAA , KGKG

Sentry
LT , HOTU , TOAA , KGKG

kgkg??? LMAO!!! You belong up there kgkg. thumb up

skizo
Hahaah nice one Kgkg

long pig
But I thought LT said KGKG is TOAA?

Laminator_X
The Reality Gem can do almost anything, but cant be used properly without the other Gems powering it up and providing sensory input.

The Goddess once tried to use it, but anded up causing a demensional rift that spiralled off through a thousand different dimensions. She made it out with her Cosmic Cube Collection, while Thanos had to await rescue from Warlock.

Thanos successfully used it once. Testing it out, he ressurected Mar-Vell. Mar-Vell told The Mad Titan that the reason he chose that particular test was that he knew Mar would convince him not to use the power, that is was a mistake and could come to no good. Thanos agreed and blasted the captain back into nothingness.

I have theorized (for whatever that's worth) that the gem could be safely used
to check the power of someone like the Doctor, Mad Jim Jaspers, or the Scarlet Witch.

golem370
Question did Nebula

DarkCrawler
Absolutely nothing. Savage Hulk is an imbecile. He would think that the Gem is pretty, and that's about it.

He would probably eat it... laughing out loud

Laminator_X
To quote Drax: "Jelly Bean!"

Metalmanx
LT , HOTU , TOAA , KGKG

Arg. Can't you people just type out words anymore? I have trouble remembering what some of thes are! stick out tongue

Com'on, help me out here. yes

colossus17
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Arg. Can't you people just type out words anymore? I have trouble remembering what some of thes are! stick out tongue

Com'on, help me out here. yes

the living tribunal, the heart of the universe, the one above all.

K3VIL
Soul Gem:

1.Karmic Blasts, and mystic attack that will hurt spiritual body of the foe.
2.Astral Senses, you can detect and see other souls or astral bodies and see if they are being manipulated.
3.Sould World, the gem is the access to another dimension where the wielder of the gem can send his enemies.
4.Universal Translation, the gem translate every language istantly.
5.Devolution, it can revert artificial evolution process.
6.Rock transformation, you can transform into living rock an opponent if your will power is sufficient.

Power Gem:

1.Energy Emission, you can emit any kind of energy and use it to attack or defend, the emission can have high destructive abilities.
2.Energy Manipulation, you can manipulate energy of any kind and change it into another type.
3.Energy Absorption, you absorb energy then expel it in the universe or use it for your own purposes.
4.Regeneration, the gem heal any damage dealed to the wielder, plus enhancing his natural abilities.
5.Power Boost, you can tap into the power of the gem increasing your resistance to injuries rending yourself practically indestructible and in possess of monstrous strenght.

Space Gem:

1.Teleportation, you can teleport yourself and others in any place you know the location or you've been, or in any place known to someone you've touched.
2.Space Control, you can manipulate gravity, that is the texture of the space, the gravity distortion/alteration depends from the focus of the possessor and from the gem approvation.
3.Dimensional Travel, you can travel through dimensions where you've been or you know the location
4.Superspeed, you can manipulate space boosting your speed even beyond lightspeed

Time Gem:
1.Time Travel, you can transport yourself and others in any timeline.
2.Time Vision, you can see future and past events, tough you can't control the visions.
3.Age Manipulation, the weilder is immortal, and can change the age of other beings forever or just for a period he decide.
4.Time Warp, the weilder can stop time if he's focused enough
Reality Gem:

1.Warp Reality, you can warp reality manipulating matter, molecules, probability, physical laws, and any other thing the other gems can't manipulate, tough the changes to the fabric of reality are of a limited period the weilder can decide to extend them, but if the changes are too fast and massive the feedback will K.O. the user.
2.Resurrection of Deads, through massive concentration the user can bring back soul of deads and recreate their bodies and invert the process if necessary.

Mind Gem:
1.Telepathy, you become able to detect and tap in the mind of any being in the universe
2.Mind Control, you can manipulate the mind of any being but the process can be broken from someone with sufficient willpower
3.Mind Assault, a psychic attack that can just stun or kill
4.Telekinesis, you move objects with your mind, major is the numer or the weight/mass of the oject, major will be the concentration required

Laminator_X
The Gems all have sensory capabilities as well A point to make is that the power of the Gens is dependant on the wielder's own capabilities. Thanos could operate the Reality Gem alone, but the Goddess failed. The Runner could bend space, but Pip could only teleport. Niether of them used clairavoyance, though they surely could have. Gamora never managed to stop time or any of that, nor controll her visions, others might.

Again, we've never really seen anyone but Warlock fully utilize any of the Gems' individual potentials.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.