should the jedi have foreseen that anakin would become a sith???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

stuwienl
i think they should have because anakin, as being the chosen 1, should destroy the sith, and correct me if im wrong, but destroying is not the jedi way. so should the jedi have foreseen that anakin would become a sith?

Moff jango
no

DeVi| D0do
Destroying the Sith IS the Jedi way...

The Dark Side of the Force was clouding their vision...

stuwienl
ok, i was just wondering but ty anyway

Moff jango
THX

Ast Rofan
Clouded this boy's future is...

DarkYoda
I believe the Jedi felt a lot of mixed things about him. They probably foresaw him destroying Sith (like Dooku and Sidious) but didn't understand how it played out because they saw a lot of pain and suffering in his future.

Paul-Muad'Dib
Well about this foreseeing stuff i can come up with one line that Yoda said in ESB: Always in motion the future is.

ShadowKing
"The shroud of the dark side is fallen...hard to see the future is..." - Yoda (Attack of the Clones)

Moff jango
yeah right

SithHappens
The Sith lord (Sidious) brought unbalance to the force and the Jedi's ability to see the future was gone.

chris-tofer
Uhh, Luke Skywalker is the chosen one. Like Yoda was talking about in #3 maybe they read the holocron wrong or whatever had the stuff about the chosen one. And Yoda and Mace Windu didn't trust Anakin and said a few things about him going to the darkside in episodes 1 and 2, and 3 untill they found out he went to the Dark Side. Windu found out when he died, and Yoda senced it, and Obi-Wan watched him kill kids on a video thing. Correct me if I am wrong.

Captain REX
Chris, Luke is not the Chosen One. George Lucas said himself, from his very own mouth, that Anakin is the Chosen One. Otherwise, Luke would have defeated Vader and gutted Palpatine himself.

Anakin's fall to the Dark Side does not affect whether or not he was the Chosen One. In the end, he fulfilled his destiny.

vader519
That is correct. Anakin was always the chosen one.

((The_Anomaly))
Dooku also became a Sith, should they have predicted that too?

no...

Captain REX
Darth Maul became a...oh, wait, he was never a Jedi...

Darth Nhilus
The dark side clouds everything, or they wouldv'e known that palpatine was the sith lord earlier.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.