LA Times review

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

queeq
http://www.theforce.net/episode2/index.html#16374

Check this out. It has me worried. Mainly because the points raised sound familiar.... in the way that I've seen these flaws in TPM.

Nonetheless, I am psoitive and I do look forward to AOTC.

Dim
I don't know...the comment that we're never going to really have another SW kinda worries me...but I'll reserve judgement.

Emperor Helmet
Who the hell cares what others say.

My rankings:

AOTC
ESB
TPM
ANH
ROTJ

queeq
Better than ESB? It's gotta be superb then.... frankly I find ESB a tough one to top.

Texas
This new triology sucks ass compared to the old one.
Face it people!

The Matrix triology is the new SW!
GL has lost his charm. It's all about special effects for him now.

With the old triology he had no great special effects, so he focused on story, but now, it's all special effects, story suffers!

I even think he screwed up the original triology by adding those additional minutes of 'special effects'.

He even said that version would be on the old triology DVD's, so we wont be able to see SW in it's original form!
sad

The new triology is eye candy with no heart!

mah
you're out of your mind.really....and matrix sucks

Emperor Helmet
Anyone who thinks "The Matrix" was better than any SW film, needs to have their head examined.

LanceWindu
The Matrix was ok the first two times I saw it, then it started to suck bad. Keanu Reeves is so crappy.

Emperor Helmet
Hayden just turned 21, and has more acting ability in his little toe than Keanu has in his whole body.

Texas
Ummm, yeah roll eyes (sarcastic)

Anyways!!

The Matrix makes up for it's somewhat bad acting with great story!
But with AOTC you have horrible story, horrible acting! Your pretty much screwed! stick out tongue

Emperor Helmet
Dude, just go away. You aren't helping your cause. By the way where did you see the film?

Texas
ATOC?

My friend James house, he downloaded it off the internet.
and you? stick out tongue

I think Helmethead is really GL fat teenager daughter Tiger, defending her fathers crap movie! stick out tongue

Emperor Helmet
Actually, I have seen it twice in the theater already. And it was fantastic. Better than LOTR.

Texas
How can you see it twice when it hasn't even opened yet? stick out tongue

Only crazy people and Tiger would see that movie twice! stick out tongue

queeq
No, Helmet's had access to some private screenings. It IS possible you know.

And I didn't like The Matrix either, just a lot of stolen stale ideas in a brand new wrapper of great effects. Lame story though.

yerssot
what about the other two then?

Gundark
Tex I'm very surprised at you. Shocked, actually. I don't think bashing GL's kids is very polite and I don't think you should be picking the film apart until everybody's seen it and can form a rebuttal based upon what they saw.

Emperor Helmet
He is pretty rude.

Texas, to answer you question. I've seen it twice. Once at the Charity screening in Philly and once at our theater. We had a screening for General Mills last night. So on Monday I put the reels together and watched it to make sure it was good.

queeq
Well, you KNOW rude, Helmet.

Emperor Helmet
Me?

stick out tongue

queeq
It's your middle name, isn't it?

Texas
I can say whatever I want about GL and his family! This is America you know! stick out tongue

I think GL kids need to tell him to run away and never direct another movie as long as he lives! stick out tongue

As for not "picking the film apart until everybody's seen it and can form a rebuttal based upon what they saw", that's just dumd! I've seen it, I'm posting my review, and if you dont like that, dont open the thread.

It shouldn't even be an issue cause Helmethead and others have already seen it!

I just think too many people are way to sensitive about SW, and dont like to hear that the movie sucks!

anyways......

Matrix kicks ass, everyone says it's the new SW, GL should just crawl away in shame!!! He's lost his magic wand!

Gundark
Are you trying to deliberate irritate me ? Or just everyone here in general ?

Ushgarak
You ever heard of libel laws, Tex? You cannot just say what you want. Even if it IS America, which it is not. The mods run things around here and if Gundy tells you to lay off, you damn well lay off.

finti
Ok the Norwegian reviews. a couple so far, were far from good.
One asked if the actors met up for their first edition cause the acting was absent. They kind of really bashed it, but agreed on Star Wars fans dont care they will see it anyways. A friend of mine went to the charity screening in Oslo earlier today, he loves SW so I call him later on to get his opinion. And this guy wont fool me he tell me straight on .

Gundark
Thanks Ush.

I will love it no matter what. I'm a FAN.

Texas
Libel laws?!?
Oh I'm so sure I'm gonna get sued! :rolleyes

I didn't even say anthing bad about Tiger! I said she was GL fat teenage daughter! Which is all true!

Being a mod does not make you the pope of these boards! I can say whatever I want as long as it's not inappropriate!

As for my statements, I didn't say anthing remotely close to inappropriate, so if she and you want to throw a sissy tantrum over nothing be my guests!

If your going to get so worked up maybe you should reconsider even being a mod!

roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

peluffo
This forum is getting hot this days...
I guess maybe the closer is the movie, the worst is the mood of everyone
I better log off, and back in a couple of days, to read how the movie was and to see everybody posting quietly

Texas
Things always get hot when I'm around! cool smokin'
and people end up getting burned! evil face

finti

yerssot
yes, makes everyone depressed

Ushgarak
Actually, yes it does. We DO run this place and WE decide what is appropriate or not. Gundark is a mod, she decided what you said was not appropriate, and that is the end of it.

If you think she is wrong then complain via PM but do NOT simply deny her authority in the threads.

I want to make this perfectly clear: When mods make a rebuke or comment on a thread then that is to be respected. Complain if you must but unless Raz changes a decision then what a mod says is final, and arugments against the mods MUST be kept out of the threads.

I hope this has made everything clear.

yerssot
yes, and some respect for the locals too big grin

actually, ... main point is: if you want to argue with someone, use PM's, mod or not

finti
no cause the pope has no power at all.
Tex take it a little easy okay???
And Texas is in his rights to dislike AOTC without taking any crap for it. If he felt it was bad it is his feelings and opinion, no need to go bashing that. After most of the board members have seen it we can have a cool discussion over the film but one must respect that maybe not everyone like it.
Called my friend who saw it in Oslo today and he liked it, but he felt that the Anakin carachter was badly portrayed yet again. sad

Texas
Hmph!

Some people around here dont deserve to receive PM's from muah!! stick out tongue roll eyes (sarcastic)

I think my AOTC review was so traumatic, some people around here lost their sense of reason!! stick out tongue

OK, I've had my fun, I'll be nice, but I dont like it when people start preaching!!

"Papa don't preach, I'm in trouble deep
Papa don't preach, I've been losing sleep
But I made up my mind, I'm keeping my baby, oh
I'm gonna keep my baby, mmm..."

Finti, eat your heart out! stick out tongue

Ushgarak
Well, I've got no problem with people not liking AOTC. The bashing of people who don't like it must stop, I agree.

mah
anyways, speaking of SW fans who have seen it, this one big SWfan was invited in to the pre-screening, luckily he enjoyed it very much.

finti
so why did you bring the pope into this stick out tongue

Texas
Finti: roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mah: Why was he invited to a screening?

peluffo
*in very low and nice voice, to avoid mods mood** Gundark is a she!!! this is big news to me!! embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment

Texas
Yup, she's a she! And she has a big brother on the board too, so you have to be nice to her!

Course, I aint afraid of BankOne! evil face

mah
just part of the build-up to AOTC from that TV-channel.

yerssot
perhaps we need to publish a big list, with names and their gender so people don't get mistaken again...
now... what is Ush again? wink

Texas
Um hum, there you have it!
Ofcourse he's gonna give a good review, so he can get invited to a special screening of EpIII too!

I think because of this evidence his review is worthless! big grin

mah
yeah...right... roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
and I think you are worthless, and your illegal bootleg...

Texas
It's not my bootleg! It's James'!!!

I dont ever want to see anything AOTC related in my house! roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti

Texas

peluffo
FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!!

yerssot
after she got in a terrible car-crash...

finti
nah the royal family looks like inbreads, just like they should be born in Texas actually

Texas
Texas is famous for beautiful people! cool

All the ugly Americans come from the Northeast! evil face

yerssot
and you from Pluto

Texas

yerssot
you sure it's singing?

Gundark
Northeast eh ? You're really making points with me today Tex.

And yes, Peluffo - I am a female ! wink

yerssot
next post of him would be "need proof for that" ...

finti
nah he just wants a tango partner

peluffo
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud
NICE!!
Specially when you realize that Harry Knowles seems slim besides ME evil face evil face smokin'

queeq
I have all the proof you'll ever need. big grin

First Dutch review was very positive about AOTC. Four out of five stars. THought some of the acting was a bit awkward and the action scenes were a bit over the top in having so extremely much going on, but on the whole they figured it could rate up there with the best SW movies. A major improvement to TPM.

I'm off to check more reviews. And.... TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT FOR ME!

finti
The two largest newspapers in Norway kind of gave it bad and not so bad reviews. The first one slaughtered it and gave it a two out of six. The other gave it a three out of six got the three cause of rd-d2 and 3pio. Whenever these newspaper gives three or less the movies are really worth seeing, cause they are always quite opposite of my views. IT MUST BEE GOOD THEN.
They all agree on flat actor performance both from Hayden and Natalie ..... SLJackson and C Lee gets thumbs up and Ewan and ok.
The local newspaper havent arrived but I kind of allready know the verdict, if they should happen to give it good reviews I really have to think twice about seeing it at all eek! Cause they(the critics in the local paper) are still comparing every film with "A room with a view" which acording to them are the greatest flick ever. BAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRFFFFFF

queeq
Not a bad film, though, yet not the best Ivory film either.

Can't find any other reviews here yet.... Maybe I'll write my own tomorrow, just to tease Tex. wink

mah
I liked what one newspaper wrote here, they only gave it 3/6, but said ''but if you're a star wars fan you'll probably love it!''

queeq
I read two more reviews. One was very positive again. The other was so-so, said the dialogues were fairly lame ("The game's up" for instance) but (SURPRISINGLY) praised Portman for getting away with it. They said it was about action and visual spectacle and if you dig that you'll enjoy it.

mah
mostly all reviews say that the dialogue is dodgy, but that's part of SW!

Corran
What's wrong with "Why do I feel you'll be the death of me some day"?

Oh Wait, I see what you mean.
wink

Gundark
That was a great line.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.