Sentinel(Alan Scott) vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
Both are magic based.
I think Thor's mjolnir is more powerful than Alan's ring.

armandovalles
No dude, Mjolnir is now where close in power to Alan's ring. Out of all the GL's Alan has trhe most powerful ring, and i dont even think Mjolnir is even as powerful as Guy's or Kyle's ring. That being said, i dont think Thor has much of a chance here.

black robb
Originally posted by armandovalles
No dude, Mjolnir is now where close in power to Alan's ring. Out of all the GL's Alan has trhe most powerful ring, and i dont even think Mjolnir is even as powerful as Guy's or Kyle's ring. That being said, i dont think Thor has much of a chance here. Thor is a freaking god,so i think he has more than a small chance

armandovalles
Being a god sure doesnt ever help him when he fights Hulk or Juggernaut or when he fought Supes in JLA/Avengers did it? so what makes u think it'll help him now?

black robb
Being a god sure doesnt ever help him when he fights Hulk or Juggernaut or when he fought Supes in JLA/Avengers did it? so what makes u think it'll help him now? cuz i said so...............................yeah i know i have no argument

armandovalles
yup, and i guess that means only one thing if no one else has anything to say, I WIN!

black robb
yup, and i guess that means only one thing if no one else has anything to say, I WIN! i have something to say...........................................can i have a dollar?

armandovalles
nope.

black robb
nope. DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!

ScarletSpider
Isn't the handle of Mjolnir made out of Asgardian wood?

And Scott's powers are defenseless against wood. Loop hole! It's Thor all the way.

black robb
Originally posted by ScarletSpider

And Scott's powers are defenseless against wood. Loop hole! It's Thor all the way. i really doubt that's gonna help

supremthor
Originally posted by ScarletSpider

And Scott's powers are defenseless against wood. Loop hole! It's Thor all the way.
not any more his poers effect everhthing pluse wood

Sentry
Is it current Thor? Before he died? Current Thor rapes him. Alan is my idol and all, but going up against King Thor... He loses. If it was normal Thor, Alan would have a good chance.

Tron
Well, he didn't say "King Thor", so we have to assume he's refering to the original.

DigiMark007
Yeah, Alan is probably more powerful than any other single member of the JSA or JLA when written correctly, and while Thor is close and would definitely put up a great fight, I think Alan wins. And the wood weakness is gone. Rebirth explains away the yellow weakness of most GL's and Alan's wood weakness is explained away somewhere else. Armando mentioned the issue at some point to me but I forget which one it was. King Thor would be a different story, since he's at Skyfather level then, but in this fight Alan wins.

-DM

kgkg
Being a god sure doesnt ever help him when he fights Hulk or Juggernaut or when he fought Supes in JLA/Avengers did it? so what makes u think it'll help him now?
Of course it does.

Thor hammer is one of the strongest weapons out there.

supremthor
Originally posted by kgkg
Of course it does.

Thor hammer is one of the strongest weapons out there.
but alan weapon is stronger

long pig
People are acting like the yellow and wood weakness are totally gone, they aren't.
They are still there, they just are slightly easier to overcome.

Yellow still does hella damage to a GL, it turned one blind in the rebirth issue and several other things, it's possible to overcome but it isn't wiped out.

joesha28
Originally posted by supremthor
but alan weapon is stronger

Both are the most powerful in their respective universe. But Mjolnir is lot more tougher. A certain green behemoth called the strongest being in marvel has admited that he fears Mjolnir. Thor himself is immensely strong and powerful.

Mjolnir is able to absorb energies and dish out it's own and the energies it sucked.

joesha28

JLA/Avengers was a freak show that should not have happened even DC should know.

Scoobless
Mjolnir's handle is not made out of wood... you see it being forged in Thor disassembled, it's Uru all the way down the handle.... it just has some sort of covering (probably the Asgardian equivalent of leather)

if it was made of wood it would shatter every-time he hit Hulk, Ultron, Mangog, etc, etc...

Thor can absorb, amplify and redirect any energy that comes his way........ Alan could be in trouble here

DigiMark007
Yeah Thor could redirect energy hurled at him, but there's other ways of using the ring against him. Stuff could just appear behind him and whale the hell out of him...or he could use ring energy to hurl hundreds of tons of some hard material at Thor at ridiculous speeds. I admit Alan would have to be creative with his powers, but it's definitely within his power to do so.

-DM

kgkg
Originally posted by Scoobless
Mjolnir's handle is not made out of wood... you see it being forged in Thor disassembled, it's Uru all the way down the handle.... it just has some sort of covering (probably the Asgardian equivalent of leather)

if it was made of wood it would shatter every-time he hit Hulk, Ultron, Mangog, etc, etc...

Thor can absorb, amplify and redirect any energy that comes his way........ Alan could be in trouble here
wow

whirlysplat
Originally posted by long pig
Both are magic based.
I think Thor's mjolnir is more powerful than Alan's ring.

You underestimate the power of a finger in the ring Longpig confused

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirly rock

ZephroCarnelian
Erm. Alan Scott got beaten up by Kyle in the JLA/JSA comic, lol.

Then again - in that same issue, he forced a blackhole to transport him and the JLSA across dimensions, using just his ring and willpower.

Awesome stuff.

Juntai
And Sentinel has become the Embodiment of the Starheart, meaning he's a being pure energy/magic.
-shrugs- Thor would give a good fight, but I'll go with Sentinal.

Scoobless
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Yeah Thor could redirect energy hurled at him, but there's other ways of using the ring against him.

actualy that scan showed him taking energy that wasn't directed at him... and it's not the first time he's just drained an enemy of their power without the enemy actively transmitting energy in his direction

DigiMark007
Hmmm...ok, fair enough. Maybe Thor has more advantages than I thought.

Still, Alan's power is based on willpower. There's essentially no limit to it. Thor can drain all he wants, but he'll never completely deplete Alan's energy source. It's still a hella-good fight that I think a good GL can win.

Scoobless
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Hmmm...ok, fair enough. Maybe Thor has more advantages than I thought.

you gonna run off and change your tourny write up now?... lol

big grin

DigiMark007
Not even close Scoob. Besides, the rest of the post explained how Alan could still win. Thor's hardcore, but I don't think any of our amalgams are as powerful as we'd make them out to be (except mine of course).

-DM cool

supremthor
but alan is also able 2 absorb enegy attacks if i m not mistaken all gl could absorb ration and energy and etc.

joesha28
Mjolnir is able to detect source of magic. So i think this battle might end faster than we think.

supremthor
wat makes u think alan cant do that?

long pig
So true, too bad Thor can absorb spells. sad He also can't absorb them without conciously doing it.

evil face

Scoobless
Originally posted by long pig
So true, too bad Thor can absorb spells. sad He also can't absorb them without conciously doing it.

evil face

Ancient Magics and hokey talismans are no match for a good hammer at your side kid!

evil face

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.