Palpatine's Speech to the Senate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

beedubaya
Having been a few weeks since I've seen the movie, I was reading quotes from the movie and found this one...

Was the part I put in bold ommited from the movie? I don't remember those lines being in the movie, but certain websites say they were. I do remember them in the novelization. Does anybody else remember those lines being in the movie? If they were not, I think they should have been because it would have given that speech far more substance.

JKozzy
They weren't in the movie. They were indeed omitted, as you thought. It might've given it more substance, but it was cut the way it was for a reason, I guess.

darkjedi132
yeah, it would have given that speech more substance

beedubaya
Anybody want to petition GL to include those lines in the DVD edition?

Ken Kenobi
I like the way it is. Adding the lines will still keep it great, but either way if fine.

Captain REX
Though, I dunno about the 'sovereign ruler for life!' statement; that might not have gone over well with the members of a democratic government sitting in front him.

bilb
eh, the extra lines are over the top IMO.. glad he cut them

beedubaya
I wouldn't be suprised to see them in the deleted scenes on the DVD release though.

Captain REX
...all 5 seconds of it...

tlbauerle
I agree with B...way over the top.

We're missing our 'dutchess'!!!

Bicnarok
I think there was a lot missing in the movie.

Cybervader
i still didn't see him being declared Emperor anywhere in the film..

Ani's Girl
They are over the top, but Padme's comment about liberty dying makes more sense with the extra verbiage they omitted in the theatrical release.

Darth_fury
i think it would have sounded a bit more real by him sayin all that stuff but it gives it more sadness the way it is so either way suits me

beedubaya
Originally posted by Bicnarok
I think there was a lot missing in the movie.

I guess they had to cut it for time. The novelization was way more complete, but there was no way they could have included everything in the novelization in the movie. I do with they would have included these lines and also some extra lines between Yoda and Bail Organa aboard Tantive IV about how Organa would work in the Senate secretly against the Sith.

PVS
Originally posted by Cybervader
i still didn't see him being declared Emperor anywhere in the film..

emporers are not declared. they declare themselves...which he did. what more do you need to see?

Ani's Girl
When you mention "novelization", is that the book I see by Matt Stover, or is there a better one? What book would be best to get for all the movies?

The Biker Scout
Originally posted by PVS
emporers are not declared. they declare themselves...which he did. what more do you need to see?

This is FACT.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.