Thor vs. X-man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dark Thor
Thor vs. Nate grey

guy222
Originally posted by Dark Thor
Thor vs. Nate grey

Odinson

gogogadgetgo
thor

llagrok
Thor, eventually.

id369
If BFR constitutes as a win. X-Man should take this.
Granted that Thor can travel within the 616 universe.

X-Man can travel/pull/send within the Marvel Multiverse.

llagrok
Originally posted by id369
If BFR constitutes as a win. X-Man should take this.
Granted that Thor can travel within the 616 universe.

X-Man can travel/pull/send within the Marvel Multiverse.

Shouldn't be a problem for Thor.

id369
Originally posted by llagrok
Shouldn't be a problem for Thor.

How so? I have never seen him travel outside the 616 Universe with out aid.

llagrok
Because x-man's travel to other universes is described as dimensional travel, which Thor can do as well.

id369

llagrok

guy222
I don't think Nate can handle a Godblast

id369

llagrok
Thor's feats just simply outweigh Nate's. Thor has dealt with and beaten stronger opponents than Nate Grey, simple as that.

When Nate's telekinetic barriers can't take a punch from the Hulk and his telepathy is pretty much useless. Thor can absorb ANYTHING that Nate throws at him, including illusions.

id369

llagrok
- Thor has snapped adamantium, Nate won't be able to restrain him.
- Mjolnir can absorb any kind of energy, he even absorbed Magneto's shield.
- Thor is pretty much immune to telepathy
- Thor is much stronger than the Abomination (Hulk > Abom btw)

id369

Good for him, hopefully he can make his way to him before Nate sends him off to broken earth.

-I have not even made a case and point of using Telepathy directly on Thor. Only multiple astral projections.

- Good to know, he is. Oh and correction Abomination>=< Hulk depending on hulks state of mind.

llagrok
Good for him, hopefully he can make his way to him before Nate sends him off to broken earth.

-I have not even made a case and point of using Telepathy directly on Thor. Only multiple astral projections.

- Good to know, he is. Oh and correction Abomination>=< Hulk depending on hulks state of mind.

How about this then.

Thor absorbs Nate's life force into Mjolnir. Dead.

If BFR is all you have then great, now that it has been stated as a possibility there shouldn't be any need to discuss this further. At least not with that attitude of yours.

id369
How about this then.

Thor absorbs Nate's life force into Mjolnir. Dead.

Thats within reason. I still give X-Man BFR priority over Thors life drain.

Thor: "I shall begin to swing my hammer to summon thai life drain on thee....

Thor: Crap ware am I??

Symmetric Chaos
What about the possibility of utter mindrape?

llagrok
Thats within reason. I still give X-Man BFR priority over Thors life drain.

Thor: "I shall begin to swing my hammer to summon thai life drain on thee....

Thor: Crap ware am I??

And let's say, hypothetically that BFR isn't allowed.

Also, how often does Nate BFR people?

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
What about the possibility of utter mindrape?

Non existant.

Avengers 221 is a good example of this. Where he's unaffected by a mind blast that puts down Moondragon.

id369

batdude123
Originally posted by guy222
I don't think Nate can handle a Godblast

A Godblast against a semi-coherent opponent in the middle of battle would be a bad decision on Thor's part.

batdude123

no2

id369
Originally posted by batdude123
A Godblast against a semi-coherent opponent in the middle of battle would be a bad decision on Thor's part.

Ah I see I am not the only one that thinks this way.
For a minute I thought I was alone in the world.

no2
I would like to see an explanation to this.

llagrok
Ok, lets continue this with no BFR.
He still has the ability to apply the guessing game, with astral projecting, and his own shift/merge among planes. It would be a waste to assault Nate while he remains in both the astral realm, and the physical world.

During the Shaman days, he did so 3 times I believe.

Mjolnir can absorb ANYthing, so absorbing astral projections shouldn't be a problem. Mjolnir has also allowed Thor to see through any form of illusion.

Also, the Nate Grey Thor is fighting here seems to be quite different from the one in the comics. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Nate about to be killed by someone who was unaffected by mutant powers? That's like Hal being beaten by a yellow man with no other powers to speak of.

I've never seen him use his little plane shift tactic in combat either. Just like Thor, Nate seems to be quite fond of simply trying to bash his opponents down. Isn't that what he tried to do when fighting Holocaust and the Hulk?

Because if we're completely removing CIS here, I don't think Thor would have any problems taking care of Nate.

His hammer is pretty messed up after a god blast, wouldn't be a good idea. He can still break secondary adamantium with regular blasts, should be more than enough to kill Nate.

no2

I meant highly resistant.

Which he has proven to be.

batdude123

Which he has proven to be. Much better.

Harry Fingerman
Thor has been forced to sex Moondragon when she put him under her finger...

llagrok
Pre or post-madness?

Harry Fingerman
Avengers 220 I believe.

llagrok
Originally posted by Harry Fingerman
Avengers 220 I believe.

Consistency 2k.

He's immune to the Strange's machine mind blast in the next issue -.-

id369
Thor has been forced to sex Moondragon when she put him under her finger...

lulz, any scans?

Harry Fingerman
lulz, any scans?
http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=avengers2200234411dfdo1.jpg

Consistency 2k.

He's immune to the Strange's machine mind blast in the next issue -.- A mind blast, or actual mind control?

I don't feel like digging up issues right now.

llagrok

A mind blast, or actual mind control?

I don't feel like digging up issues right now.

It was a mind blast he resisted.

Moondragon also messed with his mind right before he entered the state of warrior madness I believe. Unless it was someone else who kept him from killing Super Skrull after they fought. Either way, I don't know of any instances where Thor has been mind controlled after Odin "fixed" him during blood and thunder.

id369

That ugly bald headed biatch manipulated Thor laughing

I don't thing we will be seeing that anytime soon. If not mind rape would be an open subject for me to exploit.

Harry Fingerman
It was a mind blast he resisted.

Moondragon also messed with his mind right before he entered the state of warrior madness I believe. Unless it was someone else who kept him from killing Super Skrull after they fought. Either way, I don't know of any instances where Thor has been mind controlled after Odin "fixed" him during blood and thunder. And yet, actually going into his mind worked before that.
Mind blasts do nothing but knock people out, most of the time.

Didn't he only cure him of having to worry about the madness?

Plus, how many people has Thor fought since then, that are capable of this anyway?
Or have tried this?

id369
Well outside of Telepathy and BFR.
Can Nate muster up his TK or Psi to take down Thor?

Its something I always had in the back of my mind.

Harry Fingerman
Well outside of Telepathy and BFR.
Can Nate muster up his TK or Psi to take down Thor?

Its something I always had in the back of my mind. No...
Thor would destroy him.

TricksterPriest
There's some bullshit in that scan. Thor can't muster the strength to crush coal into a diamond? Cause I've seen Superman and a few other people do that trick before.

Or is it because of the mind control?

Harry Fingerman
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
There's some bullshit in that scan. Thor can't muster the strength to crush coal into a diamond? Cause I've seen Superman and a few other people do that trick before.

Or is it because of the mind control? Or maybe... you know, he did crush that coal into a diamond... no expression

llagrok
Or maybe it's a tad difficult to shape it into a diamond with your hand..

id369

llagrok

rougeredmage
welll let me get this right telekentic is kinetic energy been moved by the mind. now we have a hammer that can absorb energy. TK as established is movement of kinetic energy by the mind. thus the hammer absorbs any telekentic assault put towards it.

as for a telepathic mindblast, this would be highly unlikley, as trained telepathic minds such as xaviers has a hard time makeing a passivle lock onto the thor, thus an aggresive attack by a poorly trained telepath is not going to work

id369

llagrok

id369
Originally posted by rougeredmage
welll let me get this right telekentic is kinetic energy been moved by the mind. now we have a hammer that can absorb energy. TK as established is movement of kinetic energy by the mind. thus the hammer absorbs any telekentic assault put towards it.

Kinetics and Telekinesis are not necessarily the same thing. Similar though.
Originally posted by rougeredmage

as for a telepathic mindblast, this would be highly unlikley, as trained telepathic minds such as xaviers has a hard time makeing a passivle lock onto the thor, thus an aggresive attack by a poorly trained telepath is not going to work
As Shaman, Nate telepathy out guns just about anything Xavier has shown us.

llagrok
As Shaman, Nate telepathy out guns just about anything Xavier has shown us.

I think it always did

Harry Fingerman
Consistency 2k.

He's immune to the Strange's machine mind blast in the next issue -.- So anyway, I had some time to spare, and peaked through Avengers 221.

No where did I see a mind blast attempted on Thor... no expression

llagrok
So anyway, I had some time to spare, and peaked through Avengers 221.

No where did I see a mind blast attempted on Thor... no expression

Art thou certain of this?

It's in the issue where Toad uses the Stranger's machine, that releases this huge mind blast.

Harry Fingerman
This is the issue...
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Avengers221.jpg

And here in a page of the book, shows that last issue, Moondragon was involved. Other than that, Moondragon wasn't in the comic, and Toad was nowhere to be found.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Avengers221p02.jpg

llagrok
This is the issue...
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Avengers221.jpg

And here in a page of the book, shows that last issue, Moondragon was involved. Other than that, Moondragon wasn't in the comic, and Toad was nowhere to be found.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Avengers221p02.jpg

Than disregard what I said, until I find the right comic.

RSSR
Good match-up, I see Thor eventually winning.

leonidas
with the changes in nate, any changes in thought? this was always a match i thought was a good one.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Outside of trying to subdue Thor telepathically, the plank time thing is the only other way I see Nate winning, but I don't remember if he could cause harm when in that state. Wonder if Mjolnir's time manipulation would counter it.

Uriel005
Mjolnir can absorb ANYthing, so absorbing astral projections shouldn't be a problem. Mjolnir has also allowed Thor to see through any form of illusion.

Also, the Nate Grey Thor is fighting here seems to be quite different from the one in the comics. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Nate about to be killed by someone who was unaffected by mutant powers? That's like Hal being beaten by a yellow man with no other powers to speak of.

I've never seen him use his little plane shift tactic in combat either. Just like Thor, Nate seems to be quite fond of simply trying to bash his opponents down. Isn't that what he tried to do when fighting Holocaust and the Hulk?

Because if we're completely removing CIS here, I don't think Thor would have any problems taking care of Nate.

His hammer is pretty messed up after a god blast, wouldn't be a good idea. He can still break secondary adamantium with regular blasts, should be more than enough to kill Nate.

Which he has proven to be. Farily certain Mjolnir has limits to what it can absorb just nothing we've seen yet as if it was true he would have just absorbed Bor's soul and been done with it for that fight. Also I'd like to see Mjolnir take a full fed Galactus power cosmic blast in comic just to see where writers would stand on that.

PillarofOsiris
It has absorbed a galaxy buster, so the limits are quite high.

Rage.Of.Olympus
If the question is whether Thor can drain Nate, I could see it happening. Nate's power level certainly won't be the problem. We've seen Mjolnir counter telepathic energy and illusions/projections for what it's worth.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.