Batman Vs Cyclops Hand To Hand

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Logan 87
No Belt, no Opitic crap.

whirlysplat
Batmanbig grin

DarkCrawler
Batman...although Cyclops might have chance, he has been on X-Men since he was 15 and they got lots of martial arts training.

The King of All
batman, he's mastered almost every martial arts style and melded it into one super-style (much like bruce lee did). Without his optic beams cyclops just becomes batman fodder.

And no I'm not a batman fanboy, it's just the truth

DarkCrawler
But there are some people that argue that Punisher would defeat Batman in h2h combat, and I believe that Cyclops might have martial arts skills close to him. After all Jean Grey kicked Manta's (Member of Imperial Guard) ass with bare hands, why would Cyclops, field leader of the X-Men be as good? Storm is very good in MA, and Cyclops is most likely better then she is. Also, Cyclops has fought Wolverine h2h and did pretty good.

But Batman wins this 8.5/10.

CorderaMitchell
Batman, though Cyke is skilled enough.

Solidus Snake
10 seconds tops. and thats if cyke catches him by surprise

CorderaMitchell
lol

brainchild81
Cyclops would put up a good fight but he'd most likely lose. He did beat up a gang of thugs w/his eyes closed a while back though. He'd probably beat up Nightwing or Robin.

Wynndar
is this a joke?

black robb
Cyke beats the mess out of Batman

snoopdogg
Batman easily.

black robb
Cyke would spank Batman like a bad baby

Pointinel
Originally posted by black robb
Cyke would spank Batman like a bad baby

^truth.

dvampire
Batman.

Solidus Snake
cyke couldnt even beat nightwing or robin. hes not agile enough or skilled enough. and he prolly knows 2-3 martial arts...tops.
robin and nightwing know several.

long pig
Let's not underestimate Cyclops, he's pretty tough.

But ok, batman wins 8/10.....

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Solidus Snake
cyke couldnt even beat nightwing or robin. hes not agile enough or skilled enough. and he prolly knows 2-3 martial arts...tops.
robin and nightwing know several.

Yes, Cyke is skilled enough. He has way more experience in fightingn Nightwing and Robin. Have you seen how seriously he takes his job? I'm sure he works out at least three hours in a day...I think that Cyclops could take Nightwing and Robin.

long pig
Batman get's a little bit.....too much respect in the DC comics.

i.e Slade gets hit by a truck, heals fine in a few hours and is ready to kill some more people. Slade gets kicked in the arm by Batman and he says "Man, this will heal, but I'll be feeling it mentally for a while."

WTF?

Solidus Snake
nightwing and robin also take their job seriously. just because robin jokes doesnt mean that he wont get the job done. seriousness does not a warrior make.

secondly, robin and nightwing go through more h2h fights with real enemies than cyke does in 5 years. although hes skilled, cyke relies too much on his blasts.

DarkCrawler
nightwing and robin also take their job seriously. just because robin jokes doesnt mean that he wont get the job done. seriousness does not a warrior make.

secondly, robin and nightwing go through more h2h fights with real enemies than cyke does in 5 years. although hes skilled, cyke relies too much on his blasts.

No, he doesn't.

http://www.mutanthigh.com/games/martialarts/fight6.html

Cyclops beat those guy's asses blind. wink

Solidus Snake
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
No, he doesn't.

http://www.mutanthigh.com/games/martialarts/fight6.html

Cyclops beat those guy's asses blind. wink

and how often does this happen?
robin does it 4-5 times a week

the only thing cyke could do is out muscle him. but robin is much better trained.

DarkCrawler
Cyke is way older, therefore way experienced and more skilled. He once defeated Colossus and Rogue by thowing Colossus on Rogue with judo throw. He also took out Shadowcat with nerve pinch. His reflexes were fast enough to dodge a lightning bolt from Storm on the same fight. Cyclops also has black belts on Judo and Aikido.

Cyclops would defeat Robin, he would possibly defeat Nightwing, and he would have good chance against Batman.

long pig
Nightwing is not to be underestimated, he is Batman's superior in most things sans intellect and experience.

But yeah, Cyclops beats his ass.

I don't like cyclops, but he has my respek.
-respek fist-

Solidus Snake
so what cyke threw collosus into rogue. any judo blackbelter could. thats what judo is about. using the enemy's size and weight against them.

cyke knows two black belts.

robin and night wing know more.
batman also does nerve pinches.
batman has an unblockable blitz move. read cataclysm where he fought cain. he doesnt use it cause the opponent would die.

DarkCrawler
so what cyke threw collosus into rogue. any judo blackbelter could. thats what judo is about. using the enemy's size and weight against them.

cyke knows two black belts.

robin and night wing know more.
batman also does nerve pinches.
batman has an unblockable blitz move. read cataclysm where he fought cain. he doesnt use it cause the opponent would die.

Punisher isn't master in multiple martial arts, he is probably mastered only one or two. Would you say that he will lose to Robin in hand-to-hand combat? It is not the amount you have, it is how you use them. Robin also doesn't have black belt in any fighting styles. He is proficient in them. Nightwing is master in half a dozen martial arts, but he is not going to use all of them in a fight. Cyclops would be able to beat them most of the time.

Solidus Snake
nightwing can take down punisher. punisher has a higher soak than cyke. punisher fights dirty and is a brawler. im not sure who would win h2h between him and cyke.

PS robin has mastered alot of stuff.
and all nightwing has to do is switch to a style cyke cant counter well.

Metalmanx
I like Cyclops more. But Batman would beat him eventually.

Though Cyke would give a good fight I think. I think Cyke has much more heart than Bats. Ol' Red Eye will definitely make Batman work for it by putting up a great fight.

Bats: 8/10
Cyke: 2/10

DarkCrawler
nightwing can take down punisher. punisher has a higher soak than cyke. punisher fights dirty and is a brawler. im not sure who would win h2h between him and cyke.

PS robin has mastered alot of stuff.
and all nightwing has to do is switch to a style cyke cant counter well.

Punisher has army training and has fought hand to hand for a long time. I don't think that Nightwing would defeat Punisher. Punisher, like Cyclops is all about efficiency. They use moves that end the fight quick so they don't have to spend much time in it. Being in the X-Men is much like being in army. And Cyclops has similar training. He has fought Wolverine without using his powers and did well, something that Nightwing could not do. Nightwing is more like acrobat, he usually focuses on dodging on attacks, and trying to stop his enemy in as peaceful way as he can.

Think about that, Cyclops has practiced two different Martial Arts, Judo and Aikido. He has practiced them for 25 years. Nightwing has divided his time between six. He is only practiced martial arts for about fifteen years. He can't be as good in all the martial arts he has practiced as Cyclops is in his own. And he surely doesn't have time to use all of his techniques in the fight. In a way, Cyclops is better in Martial Arts then Nightwin.

Pointinel
^i was about to say that

Solidus Snake
cyke knows 2 and night wing knows 6, so cyke is a better martial artist?

if they are all on the highest level, but nightwing uses his all the time, and cyke uses his seldomly cause he prefers to blast ppl, cyke is the better martial artist?

th bat guys have taken out soldiers before, well armed and well trained soldiers too. batman is the ultimate survivor. nightwing is up there too. cyke goes down.

Pointinel
th bat guys have taken out soldiers before, well armed and well trained soldiers too. batman is the ultimate survivor. nightwing is up there too. cyke goes down.

^stop posting shit you dont even believe in.

stop fooling yourself man.

Creshosk
Blind guys give Batman problems.

http://www.superdickery.com/other/96.html

the Darkone
Batman wins with out breaking a sweat.

DarkCrawler
cyke knows 2 and night wing knows 6, so cyke is a better martial artist?

if they are all on the highest level, but nightwing uses his all the time, and cyke uses his seldomly cause he prefers to blast ppl, cyke is the better martial artist?

Nightwing knows six, but because of his age and amount of martial arts he practices on the same time, he can't possible be as good in every one of them as Cyclops is in Judo and Aikido. And Cyclops doesn't use martial arts all the time because he doesn't have to, I mean, if you have an gun, you are not going to hit people with it? But Cyclops constantly engages in exercise for hours in one day, so he is in top shape. Besides, the two styles are surely enough to fight against Nightwing, like I said, it is not the amount, it is how you use them.

Creshosk
Nightwing knows six, but because of his age and amount of martial arts he practices on the same time, he can't possible be as good in every one of them as Cyclops is in Judo and Aikido. And Cyclops doesn't use martial arts all the time because he doesn't have to, I mean, if you have an gun, you are not going to hit people with it? But Cyclops constantly engages in exercise for hours in one day, so he is in top shape. Besides, the two styles are surely enough to fight against Nightwing, like I said, it is not the amount, it is how you use them. Quality over quantity.

DarkCrawler
That's right. smile

Pointinel
Nightwing knows six, but because of his age and amount of martial arts he practices on the same time, he can't possible be as good in every one of them as Cyclops is in Judo and Aikido. And Cyclops doesn't use martial arts all the time because he doesn't have to, I mean, if you have an gun, you are not going to hit people with it? But Cyclops constantly engages in exercise for hours in one day, so he is in top shape. Besides, the two styles are surely enough to fight against Nightwing, like I said, it is not the amount, it is how you use them.

Efficiency and Execution.

Solidus Snake
u have obviously missed the point.

as i said if thay are at the HIGHEST profeciency of black belt in each of thir arts (which is a safe assumption) the fact that nightwing has more techniques would prove he's a better warrior.

and i dont blame cyke for using his beams, all im saying is that id rather face a man who does not use his fighting skills as regularly than a man who uses them every night.

and they both train intensively.

nightwing knows and has mastered more ways to beat cyke than vice versa.

brainchild81
Nightwing is usually fighting common thugs. Most of the time when Cyke fights H2H, he's fighting somebody w/skills or powers. Cyke wins. He's also a better strategist than Nightwing and Robin are.

Metalmanx
nightwing knows and has mastered more ways to beat cyke than vice versa.

...Really. Because Nightwing sits at home every night devising ways to defeat Cyclops. I can just see him now...writing in a notepad, scribbling out ideas, tossing them in the trash behind him.

"No no, that won't work. He's too good..."

"Grr..that won't work either. He'll never fall for that."

Then NW gets frustrated and decides to hit the streets to beat up on thugs whom he knows he can take easily.

Solidus Snake
what a stupid thing to say.

no martial arts person does that. in the nitty gritty nightwing wins. he has more skill and more dependency on his techniques. scott doesnt.

as i said, scot is a great fighter, but nightwing has more fights against multiple enemies and single enemies in a year than scott does in a lifetime.

in almost every nightwing book he's in a h2h fight of some kind. how often does that happen to scott.

there is no way to prove one trains more than the next, so i will assume its even. theres no way to prove (as far as i know) how proficient in their black belts that they are so i will assume they are also equal. but dick knows more advanced techniques than scott and has more fighting experience. he will win.

DarkCrawler
But Nightwing simply can't be as good in Judo as Cyke is, because he hasn't spent nearly as much time in that Martial Art then Cyclops has. Same with Aikido.

Think about it. For example, here we have an army general. He has been in army as long as he can remember, and he has spent all that time practicing one fighting technique. There are not many people that have achieved the same skill then he, because he has concetrated on that one art. He knows it thoroughly, and has every fighting move in his mind.

On other side, we have an young, rash guy who has not achieved the same perfection. Instead of concentrating on one particular art, he has chosen to take many. He divides his time between multiple arts, and never truly masters them all. He takes bits and pieces from every one of them, hoping to create his own style.

Now, I would bet on the first one to win. The age cap between Cyclops and Nightwing gives Cyclops major advantage. Nightwing may rely on martial arts more, but that doesn't mean that Cyclops would be loser compared on him. Did Bruce Lee battle every day against some guys? No, he practiced against them. It is same with Cyclops. You can't have black belt on Judo without having thousands of simulated battles against an sparring opponent. That is extremely close of having fights with real opponents. Taking on account that he has probably spent most of the time fighting in Danger Room which has holographic simulations that act exactly as real opponents, it is identical to fighting a real opponent. And taken on account Cyclops's good showings against the likes of Wolverine, not to mention that he can defeat multiple people with his eyes closed, I believe that he will beat Nightwing in hand to hand fight.

Solidus Snake
so a younger person knowing judo can never beat a person who had been doing judo longer.

bring me proof that cyke is a better judo artist than dick. i gave facts, give me some. i beg u!.

PS the synopsis on cyke and dick u gave is biased in scotts favor and is not objective.

dick is not brash. and u have no proof that he has not reached the same level of perfection. batman also has a simultion danger room in the batcave that alfred runs him through. and alfred randomizes the targets and attackers as well. whos to say that dick never did this. we have no proof that cyke is better than dick, so i say assume they are at the same level or we would be giving one character an unfair advantage.

i agree with the fact that scott can utilize the danger room to fight attacker in judo etc, but i have rarely seen scott engage in hand to hand there. i always see him using his blasts. however, as i have no proof that he doesnt use it for h2h, coomon sense will tell me taht he does.

now, as dick and scott are from two different universes, one cannot easily compare the length of their training. scott is older i agree, but as i said just because someone was training longer tahn someone else does not mean that the more recent person is not as good as him or better.

what i do know for a fact is that nightwing has mastered more styles than scott, and in mastering those styles he has more options for defeating him. so even if they are in the same physical condition, dicks 6 styles would overpower scotts 2.

please give a counter arguement with facts and not opinions please. opinionated arguements ruin everything.

ZephroCarnelian
Batman would beat Scott, with impunity.

He is a master. Scott just has his considerable fighting skill as a backup to his massively powerful primary power.

Whereas Batman relies on his hand to hand skills in alomst every single fight.

And also - Punisher beating Bats? My arse...

I've seen Punisher getting his ass kicked by three average guerilla soldiers. They netted him for goodness sake!

People like that, Bats beats up on every single day...

smile

Solidus Snake
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Batman would beat Scott, with impunity.

He is a master. Scott just has his considerable fighting skill as a backup to his massively powerful primary power.

Whereas Batman relies on his hand to hand skills in alomst every single fight.

And also - Punisher beating Bats? My arse...

I've seen Punisher getting his ass kicked by three average guerilla soldiers. They netted him for goodness sake!

People like that, Bats beats up on every single day...

smile

God bless you kind sir!

you are wise beyond your years

Zahit
Batman will beat the unholy crap out of Cyclops in a H2H fight.
Nightwing will also beat the crap out of Cyclops in a H2H fight.

Don't get me wrong.....Cyclops is great and is HIGHLY under-used
and under-rated.....I personally think he needs more air-time, but
Cyclops is NOT a master acrobat or combatant like those two.
I've never seen him execute anything like those two do. Ever.

I think Scott will put up a suprisingly good show in the beginning,
but eventually he goes down hard against these two.

who?-kid
Originally posted by Zahit
Batman will beat the unholy crap out of Cyclops in a H2H fight.
Nightwing will also beat the crap out of Cyclops in a H2H fight.

Don't get me wrong.....Cyclops is great and is HIGHLY under-used
and under-rated.....I personally think he needs more air-time, but
Cyclops is NOT a master acrobat or combatant like those two.
I've never seen him execute anything like those two do. Ever.

I think Scott will put up a suprisingly good show in the beginning,
but eventually he goes down hard against these two.
I completely agree - spread the word lol.

DarkCrawler
so a younger person knowing judo can never beat a person who had been doing judo longer.

bring me proof that cyke is a better judo artist than dick. i gave facts, give me some. i beg u!.

PS the synopsis on cyke and dick u gave is biased in scotts favor and is not objective.

dick is not brash. and u have no proof that he has not reached the same level of perfection. batman also has a simultion danger room in the batcave that alfred runs him through. and alfred randomizes the targets and attackers as well. whos to say that dick never did this. we have no proof that cyke is better than dick, so i say assume they are at the same level or we would be giving one character an unfair advantage.

i agree with the fact that scott can utilize the danger room to fight attacker in judo etc, but i have rarely seen scott engage in hand to hand there. i always see him using his blasts. however, as i have no proof that he doesnt use it for h2h, coomon sense will tell me taht he does.

now, as dick and scott are from two different universes, one cannot easily compare the length of their training. scott is older i agree, but as i said just because someone was training longer tahn someone else does not mean that the more recent person is not as good as him or better.

what i do know for a fact is that nightwing has mastered more styles than scott, and in mastering those styles he has more options for defeating him. so even if they are in the same physical condition, dicks 6 styles would overpower scotts 2.

please give a counter arguement with facts and not opinions please. opinionated arguements ruin everything.

Umm...I am sure that Batman doesn't have anything close to the technology that Danger Room has. One of the points that Cyclops says more then often is that the X-Men should be ready for situations where their powers are not enough. Therefore they need to be trained extensively in martial arts. And yes, I believe that a man who has practiced Judo for twenty-five years can beat one who has practiced it for ten years. And I have said multiple times that Dick is not going to use all those styles in a fight against Cyclops. At best, he will probably use three. Sure, Dick has more ways to defeat Cyclops then Cyclops has to defeat Dick, but Cyclops doesn't need dozens of different ways to beat Nightwing when one is enough.

Dick is better then Cyclops in many martial arts. But Cyclops is better in others too. And experience matters a lot in a fight. Cyclops has his blasts, but he knows that he is as durable as normal human, therefore it would be logical to him be in perfect physical shape, which he is. As he is master in Aikido, the best defensive art there is, and he has practiced it for twenty five years, he is pretty skilled enough to block or dodge the attacks Dick throws at him. He has the best grappling style, and the best defensive style. He doesn't need anymore.

Dick beats him in styles that use punching and kicks. But Cyclops's Aikido, his defensive style, can counter them effectively. I know that Nightwing is best on Aikido and Escrima styles. His Aikido skill is probably a notch lower then Cyclops's, as he has not been practicing it as much or as long then Cyclops. And his trademark style, Escrima is not much help here, it relies on sticks which he wont have in this fight. Now, he has been using that style for years, and he has to accommodate in fight where he can't use them. I am not saying that it will limit him fatally, but it is an downside. Also, I believe that Dick relies on his speed and agility on fight, unlike Cyclops who is more like strength guy, hitting only few hits and relying more on defensive style. Now, as Dick is faster and more agile then Cyclops, he will get probably more hits on Cyclops then Cyclops gets on Dick. But, as Cyclops is master of Aikido, he will block most of those hits.

Practitioners of fast styles, ones that Nightwing uses, have the weakness of getting caught. The basic point of these styles are that the fighter must attack fast, then dodge. Cyclops is an master of Judo. It is an grappling style. Now, if Cyclops gets an hold of Dick, I believe that his superior strenght and skill in Judo will prevent Nightwing from escaping. Cyclops is also durable enough to take many hits from Dick until the right moment to catch him. I might not be right, but I believe that I am.

Whoa...detailed descriptions of martial art fights...im going down on JP road...

DarkCrawler
I believe that

Batman beats Cyclops 9/10

Nightwing 5/10

Robin 3/10

Solidus Snake
thats an impressive speech

now having said that...do u know what are the martial arts that dick does?

DarkCrawler
Well, logically one of them is Escrima, as those two sticks are his trademark weapons. Aikido is other one, seeing as he is pretty good in blocking hits. I was thinking that he uses Krav Maga, I have seen him do lot of hits with elbows...and he does lot of punches and kicks so I think he knows Tae Kwan Do and maybe Boxing or Karate.

Solidus Snake
good...a good assumption. so if using your statement, cyke and dick share at least one martial art, i feel dick will not be novice enough to fall before cyclops with ease.

as a master of those martial arts i feel he can counter anything cyke had to give. plus hes much more agile.

Batman Wins
Batman will ***** smack cyclops.

DarkCrawler
good...a good assumption. so if using your statement, cyke and dick share at least one martial art, i feel dick will not be novice enough to fall before cyclops with ease.

as a master of those martial arts i feel he can counter anything cyke had to give. plus hes much more agile.

Yes, but Cyclops is stronger and probably has a bit more stamina. I think they are equally matched. Both win 5/10.

Solidus Snake
Yes, but Cyclops is stronger and probably has a bit more stamina. I think they are equally matched. Both win 5/10.

u dont know taht for sure. teh strength vs stamina thing. actually i think dick is stronger and has more stamina. its a toss up noone can prove.

dick beats scott in my opinion 7-8/10

jinzin
how did this make it to page 3?

confused

batman........yawn

DarkCrawler
u dont know taht for sure. teh strength vs stamina thing. actually i think dick is stronger and has more stamina. its a toss up noone can prove.

dick beats scott in my opinion 7-8/10

Scott clearly has more muscle mass. Dick is way more skinnier then he is. Dick is built like acrobat, Soctt is built like boxer. Cyclops is stronger.

demigawd
I was wondering the same thing, but it seems to have shifted to Nightwing, which I guess is a bit more fair, but I don't see Cyclops as a master martial artist. Where did he train? Whom did he train with? What are his martial arts feats? Whom did he best? There's an extensive list for Nightwing. How extensive is it for Cyclops?

CorderaMitchell
It doesn't matter, if he kicks ass good, then he is a good fighter.

Solidus Snake
Scott clearly has more muscle mass. Dick is way more skinnier then he is. Dick is built like acrobat, Soctt is built like boxer. Cyclops is stronger.

doesnt mean anything.
for one its artistic license...in any given month u could have a variety of styles on nightwing, batman, and cyclops.

and im in the gym now, and there are some men who are huge and push the exact same weights as smaller men.

demigawd
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
It does matter. If they haven't fought, you can't compare them head to head unless you look at their pedigree. That includes their training, their skills, their victories and defeats. Nightwing has a much better resume on paper. In the end, comparing things like stamina and strength and reaction time, etc. are all speculation without hard numbers about what they each bench, or what times they run, or how long they can run. The only thing you can go by are feats. Nightwing has them in spades. Scott, not so much.

jinzin

not really...how good of a fighter he IS is contingent on the caliber of fighter that he's accustomed to beating in h2h...

demigawd
doesnt mean anything.
for one its artistic license...in any given month u could have a variety of styles on nightwing, batman, and cyclops.

and im in the gym now, and there are some men who are huge and push the exact same weights as smaller men.

Besides, Scott's nickname is "Slim" for a reason.

black robb
Here's a thought...if you wanna debate Nightwing Vs Cyclops...MAKE A NIGHTWING VS CYCLOPS THREAD!

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by demigawd
I was wondering the same thing, but it seems to have shifted to Nightwing, which I guess is a bit more fair, but I don't see Cyclops as a master martial artist. Where did he train? Whom did he train with? What are his martial arts feats? Whom did he best? There's an extensive list for Nightwing. How extensive is it for Cyclops?

I believe that Xavier first entrusted them with sessions in Danger Room where they could not use powers...and it is easy the program martial arts training sessions in Danger Room. After more members joined, I gues he got training from Wolverine and such. Currently in Xavier institute, students get martial arts training two hours in day...I suppose on the early days, where there were lot less students, Xavier was able to provide them with equal or better training.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by jinzin
not really...how good of a fighter he IS is contingent on the caliber of fighter that he's accustomed to beating in h2h...

I'm not saying he's beating batman, would you disagree that cyke is not a good fighter?

DarkCrawler
Besides, Scott's nickname is "Slim" for a reason.

Maybe in the old days...nowadays, after years of exercise, I doubt that he is so slim anymore.

demigawd
Well, given that Xavier himself isn't much of a martial artist, I doubt Scott's training is top notch. When I think of X-men with great martial arts abilities, I think of Wolverine, Shadowcat, Psylocke and Bishop. When I think of X-men with very good martial arts abilities, I think of Storm and Gambit. When I think of X-men with ok martial arts abilities, I think of Cyclops.

So if Cyclops isn't top five on his own team, I don't see how he can beat two of the premier martial artists in DC in hand-to-hand combat. Scott just doesn't have the feats to make this a good matchup.

CorderaMitchell
Well, given that Xavier himself isn't much of a martial artist, I doubt Scott's training is top notch. When I think of X-men with great martial arts abilities, I think of Wolverine, Shadowcat and Bishop. When I think of X-men with very good martial arts abilities, I think of Storm and Gambit. When I think of X-men with ok martial arts abilities, I think of Cyclops.

So if Cyclops isn't top five on his own team, I don't see how he can beat two of the premier martial artists in DC in hand-to-hand combat. Scott just doesn't have the feats to make this a good matchup.

agreed. he has given wolverine trouble in a fight, when you say martial arts skill, keep in mind I'm saying fighting efficiency.

jinzin
I'm not saying he's beating batman, would you disagree that cyke is not a good fighter?

actually I think him to be a great h2h combatant...just nowhere near bats...

DarkCrawler
His Official bios list him having "extensive martial arts training". Also, he beats people while blind, I don't think that he is "ok" martial artist. And if he can hold off against Wolverine, then he is pretty good.

CorderaMitchell
actually I think him to be a great h2h combatant...just nowhere near bats...

I've said this, I think I was the first too, I don't know why people keep making these poor threads.

demigawd
agreed. he has given wolverine trouble in a fight, when you say martial arts skill, keep in mind I'm saying fighting efficiency.

Arcade has given Wolverine trouble in a fight before, slippery little devil. Doesn't mean he's anywhere near Wolverine's actual level of skill.

Define "fighting efficiency".

Just for the record, I don't even give Logan the edge H2H against Nightwing, and he's the X-men's premier martial artist.

CorderaMitchell
Arcade has given Wolverine trouble in a fight before, slippery little devil. Doesn't mean he's anywhere near Wolverine's actual level of skill.

Define "fighting efficiency".

Just for the record, I don't even give Logan the edge H2H against Nightwing, and he's the X-men's premier martial artist.

Fighting proificency and fighting efficiency are two different things.

Spiderman is a less skilled martial artist but would kick batmans ass in h2h, because of his superior physicaliaty. He is the better fighter.

Batman is more skilled, therefore proificent.

Solidus Snake
wolvie isnt a martial artist. hes a brawler

i say nightwing would take him too.

wolvie is too slow. in every fight hes in, he gets injured. nightwing would crush his larynx when he realized wolvie is as hard as steel.

first nightwing would blind him by poking out his eyes and then hed crush his throat.

demigawd
His Official bios list him having "extensive martial arts training". Also, he beats people while blind, I don't think that he is "ok" martial artist. And if he can hold off against Wolverine, then he is pretty good.

Your average Hand Ninja has "extensive martial arts training" too, don't they? And it doesn't stop Jubilee from owning a dozen of them. "Extensive martial arts training" in a bio is meaningless. Like I said, it's all about the feats. Not getting demolished by your teammate isn't all that impressive. Who has he beaten H2H while blind?

jinzin
ummmm a group of street thugs?

confused

black robb

wolvie is too slow. in every fight hes in, he gets injured. nightwing would crush his larynx when he realized wolvie is as hard as steel.

first nightwing would blind him by poking out his eyes and then hed crush his throat. Wolverine isnt a martial artist? Wolvie is slow? Nightwing would get to his throat? You truly are ignorant of Wolverine,arent you?

DarkCrawler

laughing out loud laughing out loud eek! laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Wolverine is an martial artist. One of the best in Marvel.

Okay, you seriously need to read comics.

demigawd
Fighting proificency and fighting efficiency are two different things.

Spiderman is a less skilled martial artist but would kick batmans ass in h2h, because of his superior physicaliaty. He is the better fighter.

Batman is more skilled, therefore proificent.

So you're saying that Batman is more proficient but Spider-man is more efficient, right?Originally posted by Solidus Snake

first nightwing would blind him by poking out his eyes and then hed crush his throat.
Wolverine isn't often written as a martial artists, but he's shown great skill on many occasions. They just have him get beaten up for dramatic effect. But I agree that Nightwing would beat him.

demigawd
ummmm a group of street thugs?

confused

WOW, Nightwing is trembling in fear, lol.

CorderaMitchell
So you're saying that Batman is more proficient but Spider-man is more efficient, right?
Wolverine isn't often written as a martial artists, but he's shown great skill on many occasions. They just have him get beaten up for dramatic effect. But I agree with the gist of your post.

Yes on the first qoute.

Wolverine has the skill, but doesn't apply it like batman, because he doesn't need too, you see what I mean, he has the skill, but doesn't apply it.

Solidus Snake
wolverine got owned by magistrate anderson in genosha
he was schooled by the silver samurai
cyke beat him
he gets shot up and stabbed in every fight when other ppl leave unscarred?
why is this

he is slow or he loves to take pain cause it turns him on. when i say slow of course, i mean relatively speaking to superheroes with skill, cause hes faster than u or me. wolvie was only fast when he lost the skeleton.

PS nightwing would own anderson, cyke, and silver samurai. all of whom are street level characters taht owned wolvie.

demigawd
Yes on the first qoute.

Wolverine has the skill, but doesn't apply it like batman, because he doesn't need too, you see what I mean, he has the skill, but doesn't apply it.
ok, I can buy that. But what's your overall conclusion? I think I missed it.

DarkCrawler
WOW, Nightwing is trembling in fear, lol.

And Nightwing would easily beat them while blind?

CorderaMitchell
ok, I can buy that. But what's your overall conclusion? I think I missed it.

Cyke loses, badly.

demigawd
And Nightwing would easily beat them while blind?

I don't see why not. Seems to be a common superhero thing to do. And lots of martial arts actually teach fighting blind. Wing Chun, for example, starts you doing chi sao sparring drills blindfolded. Cyclops beating some thugs blindfolded doesn't beat out the countless martial arts feats Nightwing has done. Not even close.

Cyke loses, badly.

Damn skippy.

black robb
Why is this thread even going,Cyclops probably couldnt beat Gambit hand to hand,why would he beat Batman?

the only great martial artist feat was beating some random thugs blind;i've seen Jackie Chan do that same sh*t, can he beat Batman?

CorderaMitchell
Why is this thread even going,Cyclops probably couldnt beat Gambit hand to hand,why would he beat Batman?

He'd smoke gambit,lol. big grin

black robb
He'd smoke gambit,lol. big grin hell no

Wanderer259
Indeed. What's all this about anyway? Why bother talking about 'efficiency and proficiency' when neither applies to this match?

Batman is a better hand to hand combatant than Cyclops is. He wins.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Wanderer259
Indeed. What's all this about anyway? Why bother talking about 'efficiency and proficiency' when neither applies to this match?

Batman is a better hand to hand combatant than Cyclops is. He wins.

Are we talking about a showof of skills? I was just mentioning the difference because some keep mentioning martial arts training.

Oh, and br, hell yes he does.

DarkCrawler
Batman defeats Cyclops.

I believe that Cyclops has great chance against Nightwing, but I am inclined to believe that Nightwing would win it 6/10.

But Cyclops would beat Robin.

black robb
Batman defeats Cyclops.

I believe that Cyclops has great chance against Nightwing, but I am inclined to believe that Nightwing would win it 6/10.

But Cyclops would beat Robin. no he wouldnt and CM,hell f*cking no he wouldnt

CorderaMitchell
yes he would

black robb
yes he would Cordera...dont make me angry....you wont like me when i'm angry....

Solidus Snake
robin will school cyke

DarkCrawler
No, seriously. Current Robin is an 16 year old who has had fighting training for about five years. He is not beating Cyke.

CorderaMitchell
Cordera...dont make me angry....you wont like me when i'm angry....

Thats C-Master to you!!!

black robb
No, seriously. Current Robin is an 16 year old who has had fighting training for about five years. He is not beating Cyke. fight training from one of the greatest martial artists in the world who is proficient in almost every fighting style known to man.He is beating Cyke

black robb
Thats C-Master to you!!! i thought it was cock master...remember wink

DarkCrawler
Same could be said about Cyclops...that doesn't mean that he actually is one of the greatest martial artists.

Solidus Snake
cyke is nowhere close to being in robins league.

DarkCrawler
cyke is nowhere close to being in robins league.

Nowhere close? Twenty-five years of extensive training in martial arts and mastering two different forms is nowehere close to you? roll eyes (sarcastic)

black robb
Hey guess what guys! THIS AINT ROBIN VS CYCLOPS!

Solidus Snake
Nowhere close? Twenty-five years of extensive training in martial arts and mastering two different forms is nowehere close to you? roll eyes (sarcastic)

robin knows more martial arts than cyke as well.

the most cyke can expect to do is outmuscle him.

DarkCrawler
And outskill him. Robin is not master in any martial arts. He is practitioner.

Batman Wins
Batman Beats cyclops, then has sex with jean,and call it a night.

jinzin
laughing out loud

CorderaMitchell
i thought it was cock master...remember wink

Damned straight, and jean MURDERS batman...

Fanboy
Spiderman has no fighing skills at all he is just a scientist darnit he is like me he goes on his instinct and suddenly has kick a-- moves.

Logan 87
Yup

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Fanboy
Spiderman has no fighing skills at all he is just a scientist darnit he is like me he goes on his instinct and suddenly has kick a-- moves.

Why doesn't he have fighting skills, he fights in his own way, and is VERY experienced against bad guys.

Who needs jujitsu when you have superstrength, speed, and can stick to walls? Limitless combos.

Logan 87
Why doesn't he have fighting skills, he fights in his own way, and is VERY experienced against bad guys.

Who needs jujitsu when you have superstrength, speed, and can stick to walls? Limitless combos.

true. I acualy agree lol how about them penises

srankmissingnin
If Cyc manages to get the upper hand for even a second he will manage to capitalize for a win...but it isn't very likely to happen. Batman wins 8/10

Bludhaven Boy
Cyke is cool, one of my faves. However, Batman is like the number three guy in DC, and it's been said that Tim can last like seven minutes against him in a straight fight. Nightwing would whoop cyclops. He is the DC super athlete, even faster and more agile than Bats. He's unorthodox, and Bats only beats him because he knows his style and gets inside his head. Bats himself is the standard by which others are judged. Tim beats most people just because he gets to practice against Bats, not even because of his field exp. (By most people, I mean most of the ones he faces in his books). Bats is at least as experienced, and nobody takes the job more seriously. Cyke puts up an impressive showing for a guy who could just open his eyes and kill everything, but Bats wins.

spiderboy5
they both are characters i like but if i have to choose then bats wins this one.

Superman 24
Cyclops is no fool, but Batman takes, this.

pr1983
How the f*ck did this hit 6 pages?

Batman wins... jeez...

Superman 24
Originally posted by pr1983
How the f*ck did this hit 6 pages?

Batman wins... jeez...

laughing Cyclops is very skilled in fighting. Happy Dance

Juntai
Batman, easy.

Metalmanx
Batman, but probably not that easy at all.

Mainstream
Batman by a 23 miles 35 yards 2 feet and 8 inches.

Metalmanx
...Or...

Not by very much.

Mainstream
Originally posted by Metalmanx
...Or...

Not by very much.

yeah that too. go Brucey scissors go Brucey scissors

Metalmanx
Hahaha. Don't get me wrong though. I agree that Bruce would win. But I also believe that Scott would give him trouble. He's just got too much freakin heart, will, and determination to be put down so easily.

pr1983
Originally posted by Superman 24
laughing Cyclops is very skilled in fighting. Happy Dance

Trust me i know... he's fought with his eyes closed... but this is Batman...

MrHeavySilence
Originally posted by long pig
Batman get's a little bit.....too much respect in the DC comics.

i.e Slade gets hit by a truck, heals fine in a few hours and is ready to kill some more people. Slade gets kicked in the arm by Batman and he says "Man, this will heal, but I'll be feeling it mentally for a while."

WTF?

Yo, which comic would that be?

MrHeavySilence
"Fighting proificency and fighting efficiency are two different things.

Batman is more skilled, therefore proificent. "

Now now..Batman has a much better track record than Spiderman. Being superior physically doesn't make you a better fighter in comics. Ask Dare Devil.

Cyclops is nowhere close to Bats unless he has his optic blast. I would not rate his fighting effeciency very high.

Solidus Snake
you all do know that cyke only gets a 4 out of 7 for fighting ability for his stats in marvel right. 4 out of 7 means that he knows one or 2 martial arts.

bats knows all martial arts and is a master of them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.