Would it KILLED Lucas to hire a Screen Writer for the movies?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AnakinDayWalker
Someone who could write dialogue that didnt sound like a cheap after-school special?

Yeah, yeah, yeah, the special effects were cool. Big whoopie. Anyone can program a computer. But how about actually writing a good story and characters that are more than just cartoons?

And also - Hayden Christienson is just the worst casting job ever. The guy is so whiny and annoying in this movie, I would never in a million years have believed him as Darth Vader. He makes a mockery of the "greatest movie villian of all time". I wouldnt be scared of Vader, if i knew he was just a whiny little boy beneath the armor. I'd just whop him upside the head and take over the empire.

Darth Somebody
Lol.

Even if you did whip Vader upside the head, you wouldn't get control of the Empire. Palpatine was the Emperor - not Vader. And Palpatine would own your ass with lightning. :P

MAKASHIMAN
HC was good for anakin becuase anakin is at the core a big whiner

MAKASHIMAN
pece to vaderboys

jerlark386
You know what bothers me, is repeated use dream/premonition sequence, and then the characters say "its just a dream". Both Anakin and Padme say the exact same line minutes between each other in almost exact contradiction to the feeling of the scene. It would seem that after Anakin's experience with his mother, both of them would know better than this. The problem with George, is he only sees the "BIG" picture and forgets to consider these details which could add significant impact to the film. Characters in the Star Wars films, don't seem to grow or learn in graduallor believable ways. Relationships is another thing that seems to suffer in these movies. The emotional connections between characters is either lacking or portrayed drastically to the poimt of over-acting.

These are all questions that don't seemed to be portrayed well in the movie.

Why does the council have mixed feelings about Anakin?
If the council doesn't entirely trust him entirely, why put him with a manipulative old man?

Even if Anakin's darkside is gradually shown over the movie, does this make sense to any of you?

Anakin in anguish(regret perhaps?):"What have I done?"

--> one minute later

Anakin with hatred:"What about the other jedi spread across the galaxy?"

or

Anakin: "Our child is a blessing"

later on...

Anakin kills younglings.

Ofcourse I realize that once the darkside begins consuming Anakin, he will forget the ones he loved, but then explain this.

Vader:"Where is Padme? Is she alright? Is she safe?"

I'm sorry, but does'nt this movie feel a bit recycled to you?

Azrael23
Originally posted by AnakinDayWalker
Someone who could write dialogue that didnt sound like a cheap after-school special?

Yeah, yeah, yeah, the special effects were cool. Big whoopie. Anyone can program a computer. But how about actually writing a good story and characters that are more than just cartoons?

And also - Hayden Christienson is just the worst casting job ever. The guy is so whiny and annoying in this movie, I would never in a million years have believed him as Darth Vader. He makes a mockery of the "greatest movie villian of all time". I wouldnt be scared of Vader, if i knew he was just a whiny little boy beneath the armor. I'd just whop him upside the head and take over the empire.

I think Hayden is a capable actor, I believe the problem was with the director. Lucas had a large number of good actors, but none of them were able to showcase that. Lucas probably only did one take per scene and then his main concern was the CGI roll eyes (sarcastic)

I think Vader could have been potrayed more stronger and tragic, but Hayden did good with what he had. If there is any blame, then it would probably be towards Lucas. Hayden just gave the director what he wanted.

Azrael23
Originally posted by jerlark386

These are all questions that don't seemed to be portrayed well in the movie.

Why does the council have mixed feelings about Anakin?
If the council doesn't entirely trust him entirely, why put him with a manipulative old man?

Even if Anakin's darkside is gradually shown over the movie, does this make sense to any of you?

Anakin in anguish(regret perhaps?):"What have I done?"

--> one minute later

Anakin with hatred:"What about the other jedi spread across the galaxy?"

or

Anakin: "Our child is a blessing"

later on...

Anakin kills younglings.

I'm sorry, but does'nt this movie feel a bit recycled to you?

I agree. Many things just don't add up. Anakins fall to the darkside is far to fast to really be convincing and that is were GL failed. You would think that Anakins slaughter of the Sand people and the fact that he believes Kenobi is holding him back would be the start of his falling to the darkside, but when you look at it, it was just a random incident.

By the start of Episode 3 he is heroic and loyal to Kenobi, The Jedi and the Republic, then it only takes Palpatine only 10 minutes and 2-3 scenes to fully convert him to the darkside! Anakins fall should have been a combination of things and not just the darkside. Had he really had a reason to hate Kenobi and the Jedi, then you could see it coming, but one minute he is thanking him for his teaching and waving farewell, the next time they see each other, he is ready to kill someone.

When he finds out Palpatine is a Sith Lord, he is ready to kill the man, instead he tells the Jedi and wants to help arrest him, then he completely turns on them in the blink of an eye and helps Palpatine, and becomes his apprentice minutes later. The direction was all wrong and Lucas tried to cover to MUCH things within one movie, when he had 2 other movies to develop Anakins character.

Human Vader
Would you like to buy a helping verb, Daywalker?

EHmasterJedi
Originally posted by MAKASHIMAN
HC was good for anakin becuase anakin is at the core a big whiner

THAT is the real problem, though i dont have much faith in HC ethier

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.