What can Wolverine Survive?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkCrawler
Okay, the thread says it. How far will Wolverine get in each gategory?

Punches: Where does Wolverine Get Until He is Knocked Out?

All punches are hit in head. Wolverine is tied on adamantium pole with adamantium chains.

1. Full hit from Jubilee who has been tortured for two weeks by Black Mask, Joker, Red Skull and Carnage.

2. Full hit from Daredevil.

3. Full hit from Wildcat.

4. Full hit from Ghost Rider.

6. Full hit from Spider-Man.

7. Full hit from Loki

8. Full hit from Thing

9. Full hit from Sasquatch

10. Full hit from Colossus

11. Full hit from Namor

12. Full hit from Thor

13. Full hit from Savage Hulk

14. Full hit from Tyrant

15. Full hit from Galactus

Energy: What Wolverine Survive?

After what amount of energy will Wolverine's healing factor patch him?

1. Blast from Jubilee who has been one hour locked in same room with Lizard, Sabretooth and Wendigo

2. Blast from Shocker

3. Blast from Spider-Woman

4. Blast from Human Torch

5. Lighting Strike from Storm

6. Lighting Strike from Electro at full force

7. Gauntlet blast from Dr. Doom

8. Full Force hit from Cyclops without his visor

9. Full Force Cosmic Power hit from Silver Surfer

10. Full Force power hit from Dr. Strange

11. Full Force blast from Tyrant

12. Full Force blast from Galactus

13. Full Force blast from Eternity

14. Full Force blast from Living Tribunal

15. Full Force blast from God.

I say that he will get on 7 in Category 1 and in 3 in Category 2

CorderaMitchell
Punches by the head: using logic the brain would move alot, especially since the adamantium is too tough to protect it. Spiderman and Higher SHOULD do it.

Energy: Anything above a Torch nova blast shold do it.

Interesting thread...

Zenoside
He should get a concussion on most of those. The brain is still there, and the walls of his cranium are now harder than before.

*shrug*

masterbruce
Punches: Wolverine gets to tyrant, nobody else is going to crack his admantium skull...he may be brain dead for awhile but his healig factor will heal him...remember, sabretooth got stabbed in the brain by wolverine once, he eventually recovered

Logan 87
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
Punches by the head: using logic the brain would move alot, especially since the adamantium is too tough to protect it. Spiderman and Higher SHOULD do it.

Energy: Anything above a Torch nova blast shold do it.

Interesting thread...

I knew you had to say Spiderman. That aint true.

DarkCrawler
But which Punches would knock out Wolverine? It doesn't matter if he heals from them, it's knocking out that matters.

Blair Wind
a full punch from Spiderman definetly knocks him out....he is always holding back.....energy I dont know anything about Spidergurl so I say Human Torch.....nothing but skeleton after that.....

Dr. Diamond
in response to to spidey knocking him out i say spidey breaks his hand but he knocks out wolverine.

Dr. Diamond
so does jubilee get any lovin from her captors.

DarkCrawler
up

long pig
Sabretooth K.O'd him with a sniper bullet to the back of the neck, pulling his spine apart enough to cause his brain to shut off.

So, probably anyone with enough skill and speed to hit him pin pointedly at the back of his neck with enough force could do it. (if he doesn't stab em first.)

Karate Kid could, Karnak could, possibly Slade and Black Panther.
Any well trained enhanced martial artist.

jinzin
Originally posted by Blair Wind
a full punch from Spiderman definetly knocks him out....he is always holding back.....

ummmmmmmmmmmmm confused

Creshosk
Originally posted by jinzin
ummmmmmmmmmmmm confused You can't go off of what he's taken before Jinzin, you have to go off of the watered down Wolverine that people think he is on the forums.

I mean who cares if their thoughts contradict the data displayed in the comics?

Remember the people's opinions of what is, is what makes something true.

You know

Opinion>Truth

jinzin
TIS TRUE!

Never
ummmmmmmmmmmmm confused

Spiderman was holding back.

Funny thing, that is the exact same picture I used to reference a year and a half ago that 95% of these brainiacs swear did not exist.

"I'm hitting him hard enough to wreck cars" does not necessarily equal "I am hitting him my hardest."

Wolverine might get up to Spiderman. Definitely not past.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Never
Spiderman was holding back.

"I bash away with everything I've got"

Funny thing, that is the exact same picture I used to reference a year and a half ago that 95% of these brainiacs swear never happened.Because they don't like what happened.

"I'm hitting him hard enough to wreck cars" does not necessarily equal "I am hitting him my hardest."

"I bash away with everything I've got" does though.

Wolverine might get up to Spiderman. Definitely not past. He's survived Spiderman's punches on three different occasions. . .

Never
Originally posted by Creshosk
He's survived Spiderman's punches on three different occasions. . .

Not sure what your point is considering the objective is:

>>>Punches: Where does Wolverine Get Until He is Knocked Out?

Re: "I bash away with everything I got," okey dokey. His holding back is as consistent as Batman's not killing.

ZephroCarnelian
I also don't believe that Spidey was holding back.

His words imply he's giving it a lot of effort - the granite gravestone behind him is cracking with the force and granite is really REALLY hard (I know - I live near a granite quarry! stick out tongue)

I reckon:

The Thing has a good chance of knocking him out.

And Human Torch has enough power to burn him to ashes.

That's my tuppence. smile

SnakeEyes
I say he gets to 7 in Category 1 and 4 in Category 2...

Creshosk
Not sure what your point is considering the objective is:

>>>Punches: Where does Wolverine Get Until He is Knocked Out?

Re: "I bash away with everything I got," okey dokey. His holding back is as consistent as Batman's not killing. Spiderman hit with his normal holding back force. . nothing happened. . .

Don't you think Spiderman would push until he reached just the right level to knock him out?

He got to "I bash away with everything I got" to no effect.

Zahit
aaaaaand......they're back for more spider blood.......

yawn yawn

Never
Spiderman hit with his normal holding back force. . nothing happened. . .

Don't you think Spiderman would push until he reached just the right level to knock him out?

He got to "I bash away with everything I got" to no effect.

Okay.

The very same Spiderman who Wolverine bounced at in Secret Wars #3? The same Spiderman who absent-mindedly backhanded Wolverine? A backhand. A swat, if you will. Wolverine flew like 20 feet. Spiderman was in mid-air (i.e., no leverage) when he backhanded Wolverine then, iirc.

So.

Here we have Spiderman who presses 10 tons, is incredibly fast (punching power is a combination of leverage, speed, technique, strength), knows how to throw a punch, WITH leverage, hitting Wolverine and he is barely moving -- yet in Secret Wars #3 he backhanded him and he flew 20 feet?

I'll just say, again, "okey dokey."

Re: the "granite gravestone," that's Wolverine's skull cracking it. Adamantium > granite. Spidey coud have simply swung Wolverine by the ankles and cracked that granite. Not really an indicator of how hard he was hitting him, imo.

ZephroCarnelian
Really? Hmm. Don't much about granite! big grin

You can take a sledgehammer and hit a slab of proper blue Mountsorrel granite, hitting it with all your force - on a proper pointed, prestressed even diamond tipped hammer!!! and the slab will not crack.

If you see a gravestone broken in a graveyard... it's concrete or marble! stick out tongue

Spidey would only be breaking that slab if he was hitting it HARD.

And as for Wolverine flying through the air? So what? Superman can get knocked flying through the air too.... your weight has nothing to do with how tough you are.

If you hit someone with only a ton of force, even if they were superhumanly durable, they would fly.

When Superman first fought the Hulk - Hulk knocked him flying several times.

Then Supes got pissed off and said, right let's get that anger out of you.

He stood there and said "WHEN I DON'T WANT TO BE MOVED... no force on Earth can move me." And Hulk's punches were ineffective.

Spidey is no doubt capable of rocking Logans brain and causing damage.

But if you bang your head, the pain goes away later than same day.

When you cut yourself, it heals over a week or two.

Considering Logan heals cuts nigh instantly.

I'd say he brain heals at phenomenal speed - quicker than any damage could be registered...

Creshosk
Okay.

The very same Spiderman who Wolverine bounced at in Secret Wars #3? The same Spiderman who absent-mindedly backhanded Wolverine? A backhand. A swat, if you will. Wolverine flew like 20 feet. Spiderman was in mid-air (i.e., no leverage) when he backhanded Wolverine then, iirc.No, Not a PIS/CIS inducing spiderman that nightcrawler couldn't teleport out of the webbing and the x-men were trying to capture not hurt.

So.

Here we have Spiderman who presses 10 tons, is incredibly fast (punching power is a combination of leverage, speed, technique, strength), knows how to throw a punch, WITH leverage, hitting Wolverine and he is barely moving -- yet in Secret Wars #3 he backhanded him and he flew 20 feet?

I'll just say, again, "okey dokey."

Re: the "granite gravestone," that's Wolverine's skull cracking it. Adamantium > granite. Spidey coud have simply swung Wolverine by the ankles and cracked that granite. Not really an indicator of how hard he was hitting him, imo.

"I bash away with everything I've got" Is a pretty good indicator.

Never
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Really? Hmm. Don't much about granite! big grin

You can take a sledgehammer and hit a slab of proper blue Mountsorrel granite, hitting it with all your force - on a proper pointed, prestressed even diamond tipped hammer!!! and the slab will not crack.

If you see a gravestone broken in a graveyard... it's concrete or marble! stick out tongue

Spidey would only be breaking that slab if he was hitting it HARD.

You are attempting to apply real world laws of physics to a fictive comic book environment. Impossible.

Your point? I never said anything about Wolverine's durability. I pointed out the incongruity between that one-shot and Secret Wars #3.

Why do you people post this tripe? Dear sir, an average heavyweight boxer can punch with 600lbs of force per square inch. Advanced black belts can punch with 2000lbs of force per square inch. Now have you seen EITHER of them send someone flying, much less a 300lb individual who was in mid-air jumping toward you? Haha.

Again, has nothing to do with what I typed.

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Never. I know a little about comics (hint -- don't post something and assume I won't catch you on it). Funny how you forgot this part of that 1981 (out of continuity) crossover?

"But the Hulk grows ever more furious, his strength growing geometrically with each passing second -- and the outcome of the strange duel is in doubt."

So APPARENTLY Hulk would be able to move Superman whether or not he wanted to be moved. Nice try, though.

What is your point, sir? Does Nightcrawler ALWAYS immediately port out of tenuous situation? No. Spiderman still backhanded Wolverine and sent him flying. A backhand. Not a punch. But in this one-shot he hit him his hardest and nothing happened, right?

Adamantium neither negates nor absorbs energy/impact in the manner that Panther's vibranium suit does, sir.

The writing is inconsistent. Spiderman used to flick his wrist to pull punches and would send 180lb individuals flying. To induce a concussion, all he'd have to do is hit Wolverine hard enough for his brain to slam into his skull. Archangel, iirc, knocked Wolverine out in the old Uncanny Genosha story arc. But Spiderman cannot? Haha.

Wait, I get it -- because the writer wrote it in a one-shot, it is consistent? Didn't Wolverine tear open Silver Surfer's skin? But that's accurate also, right? Punisher stalemated Wolverine. Wolverine defeated Lobo. Venom withstood Juggernaut's onslaught. All accurate also, right -- regardless of previous characterization?

As I said earlier -- okey dokey.

Wanderer259
If this becomes another Wolverine v Spider-Man, I'm going to throw up and stab myself in the leg.

That is all.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Logan 87
I knew you had to say Spiderman. That aint true.

Why isn't it? Care to prove me wrong on that one?

CorderaMitchell
You are attempting to apply real world laws of physics to a fictive comic book environment. Impossible.

Your point? I never said anything about Wolverine's durability. I pointed out the incongruity between that one-shot and Secret Wars #3.

Why do you people post this tripe? Dear sir, an average heavyweight boxer can punch with 600lbs of force per square inch. Advanced black belts can punch with 2000lbs of force per square inch. Now have you seen EITHER of them send someone flying, much less a 300lb individual who was in mid-air jumping toward you? Haha.

Again, has nothing to do with what I typed.

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Never. I know a little about comics (hint -- don't post something and assume I won't catch you on it). Funny how you forgot this part of that 1981 (out of continuity) crossover?

"But the Hulk grows ever more furious, his strength growing geometrically with each passing second -- and the outcome of the strange duel is in doubt."

So APPARENTLY Hulk would be able to move Superman whether or not he wanted to be moved. Nice try, though.

What is your point, sir? Does Nightcrawler ALWAYS immediately port out of tenuous situation? No. Spiderman still backhanded Wolverine and sent him flying. A backhand. Not a punch. But in this one-shot he hit him his hardest and nothing happened, right?

Adamantium neither negates nor absorbs energy/impact in the manner that Panther's vibranium suit does, sir.

The writing is inconsistent. Spiderman used to flick his wrist to pull punches and would send 180lb individuals flying. To induce a concussion, all he'd have to do is hit Wolverine hard enough for his brain to slam into his skull. Archangel, iirc, knocked Wolverine out in the old Uncanny Genosha story arc. But Spiderman cannot? Haha.

Wait, I get it -- because the writer wrote it in a one-shot, it is consistent? Didn't Wolverine tear open Silver Surfer's skin? But that's accurate also, right? Punisher stalemated Wolverine. Wolverine defeated Lobo. Venom withstood Juggernaut's onslaught. All accurate also, right -- regardless of previous characterization?

As I said earlier -- okey dokey.

thanks that all competent people realize this.

jinzin
first off the one shot was IN continuity so I don't see how secret wars takes more precedence than it does....

secondly..."I bash away with everything I've got"

"i'm hitting him hard enough to wreck cars"

"i've given him everything I've got. he just keeps coming"

how it is even debateable in your minds that spiderman was indeed holding back I have no idea...

him swatting wolvie upwards is alot different than him punching wolverine into solid and grounded objects...how would wolverine's body fly if he had nowhere to go but into the ground (which is basically where he was already at)?

spidey hit him with everything he had and couldn't bring wolvie down...spiderman punches aren't doing anything here...

jinzin
wait never...did you not just chastize someone for attempting to use real world physics to a comic book debate?

how then can you justify saying anyone can give logan a concussion when hulk has consistantly failed to do so?

CorderaMitchell
first off the one shot was IN continuity so I don't see how secret wars takes more precedence than it does....

how it is even debateable in your minds that spiderman was indeed holding back I have no idea...

him swatting wolvie upwards is alot different than him punching wolverine into solid and grounded objects...how would wolverine's body fly if he had nowhere to go but into the ground (which is basically where he was already at)?

spidey hit him with everything he had and couldn't bring wolvie down...spiderman punches aren't doing anything here...

How is it debatable? Because Spiderman has ko'ed people with a flick of the wrist, DD has kept wolverine down with a chop, and Namor couldn't knock wolverine back.

Stop using crossovers. They are really crappy evidence, since hulk could ko the heroes he fights, but doesn't.

jinzin
Hulk KOs people left and right...what comics you been reading? confused

crossovers...if we had no direct comparisons to go by or comparisons at all for that matter, how could we draw any conclusions?...it's not even out of continuity...

wolverine isn't just "some guy" a flick of the wrist can't ko him....obviously......and DD chopped his adams apple an exposed part of the body while wolvie wasn't prepared for a fight.....another great example to support NOTHING on your part...

DarkCrawler
I just don't understand how Hulk can't KO people who are more durable then Wolverine with one punch, but Wolverine is still alive after Hulk punches him...

CorderaMitchell
Hulk KOs people left and right...what comics you been reading? confused

crossovers...if we had no direct comparisons to go by or comparisons at all for that matter, how could we draw any conclusions?...it's not even out of continuity...

wolverine isn't just "some guy" a flick of the wrist can't ko him....obviously......and DD chopped his adams apple an exposed part of the body while wolvie wasn't prepared for a fight.....another great example to support NOTHING on your part...

I'm saying heroes, did hulk one punch kill any HEROES lately?

You can't say that a stronger character is always hitting harder than a weaker character either.

I could survive a punch from thing, that doesn't mean I can go " I survived a 100 ton punch!!"

Can you measure those said blows?

jinzin
healing factor backed by adrenaline? wolverine rolling with the blow?

if not.....wolverine's raging popularity....but that doesn't negate what he can do...and what he's been proven to do consistantly...

leonidas
apparently not much more than this . . .

smile

(damn, i just can't get enough of this scan! the head pats are the GREATEST!!!)

jinzin
I'm saying heroes, did hulk one punch kill any HEROES lately?

You can't say that a stronger character is always hitting harder than a weaker character either.

I could survive a punch from thing, that doesn't mean I can go " I survived a 100 ton punch!!"

Can you measure those said blows?

about the hulk thing....you should read last hero standing...

also, your analogy is innacurate....it's different when thing admits that he's given you everything he's got...then yes you can measure the punch...big grin

jinzin
Originally posted by leonidas

smile

YEAH WELL!................I!................I...............

I got nothin...........sad

CorderaMitchell
about the hulk thing....you should read last hero standing...

also, your analogy is innacurate....it's different when thing admits that he's given you everything he's got...then yes you can measure the punch...big grin

We've already been over how weaker hits have had greater effect, why are we using that one example that is badly inconsistent.

Wolverine can survive it, but why would it have no effect, that's ridiculous.

CorderaMitchell

smile

Is this before wolverine got souped up?

jinzin
We've already been over how weaker hits have had greater effect, why are we using that one example that is badly inconsistent.

Wolverine can survive it, but why would it have no effect, that's ridiculous.

it isn't inconsistant...spiderman's punches have had zero effect on wolverine 100% of the time..he's sent wolverine flying with one...was wolverine KOed? NO!

CorderaMitchell
it isn't inconsistant...spiderman's punches have had zero effect on wolverine 100% of the time..he's sent wolverine flying with one...was wolverine KOed? NO!

I'm talking about in all of his fights, not crossovers meant to leave a question mark at the end. smile

DarkCrawler

So who do you believe could knock out Wolverine with one punch?

Never

Hullo Jin. Where did I say that it was not in continuity?

My point is (was) Spiderman always holds back. If he was not, in MY opinion, you would have seen a different result.

I am not necessarily interested in anyone agreeing. More interested in getting people to understand my perspective.

His first punch? Looks like Wolverine leaned into the headstone. Yet, again, in another issue a backhand sends Wolverine flying. Inconsistent.

Perhaps "real world physics" is poor phrasing considering he was indirectly comparing adamantium's durability to granite. There is no basis for comparison.

But Archangel with regular strength ko'ed him? As did Omega Red (his death factor countered Wolvie's healing factor) in the X-Men relaunch (Jim Lee)? So....how do you explain that?

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
So who do you believe coudl knock out Wolverine with one punch?

He doesn't think hulk can...

Never

Not the Hulk who shattered asteroids and cracked open Onslaught's armor with one punch?

No way, not that Hulk.

Captain Marvel knocked out Superman with two punches, but Hulk cannot knock out Wolverine? Come come now.

I understand being a fan, but goodness.

CorderaMitchell
Hullo Jin. Where did I say that it was not in continuity?

My point is (was) Spiderman always holds back. If he was not, in MY opinion, you would have seen a different result.

I am not necessarily interested in anyone agreeing. More interested in getting people to understand my perspective.

His first punch? Looks like Wolverine leaned into the headstone. Yet, again, in another issue a backhand sends Wolverine flying. Inconsistent.

Perhaps "real world physics" is poor phrasing considering he was indirectly comparing adamantium's durability to granite. There is no basis for comparison.

But Archangel with regular strength ko'ed him? As did Omega Red (his death factor countered Wolvie's healing factor) in the X-Men relaunch (Jim Lee)? So....how do you explain that?

Wolverine's brain would move, a harder metal wouldn't absorb as much impact, I don't think people truly understand the damage of a 30000 lifter with the starting velocity of (300-400) in the first second.

jinzin
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
So who do you believe could knock out Wolverine with one punch?

seriously? I actually think anyone like in class 60 and above with decent skill and experience..... namor, thing, herc, thor, and hulk can do it....it's just a matter of beating the odds...they CAN do it but in an IN FIGHT scenario it's simply not likely because they would be focused on not being scewered which would take away from the confidence in attempting such a technique...being in a defensive scenario really limits your offensive options...for instance...I can take anyone down in a wrestling match...guys who have much more skill and experience than I don't use moves that are effective against most wrestlers because to make an offensive move leaves oneself open to attack...thus they limit their offensive options because they run the risk of getting taken down if they try to initiate an offensive strategy...I'm not sure if that makes sense...but anywho....

in an IN fight scenario..who knows...

if wolvie was just going to stand there and take it..I believe any one of these guys and people at their level have a good shot at it..

CorderaMitchell
Not the Hulk who shattered asteroids and cracked open Onslaught's armor with one punch?

No way, not that Hulk.

Captain Marvel knocked out Superman with two punches, but Hulk cannot knock out Wolverine? Come come now.

I understand being a fan, but goodness.

Spiderman has ripped Iron Man 2020"s armor to pieces, so he wasn't punching his hardest,"in fear"

jinzin
<<<"Hullo Jin. Where did I say that it was not in continuity?">>>

sorry I thought you were reffering to the one shot.....maybe you were reffering to another book then...my bad...

<<<"My point is (was) Spiderman always holds back. If he was not, in MY opinion, you would have seen a different result.">>>

so spiderman was lying to himself then? confused

<<<"But Archangel with regular strength ko'ed him? As did Omega Red (his death factor countered Wolvie's healing factor) in the X-Men relaunch (Jim Lee)? So....how do you explain that?">>>

I don't but what is more consitant? him getting koed by anyone with near normal strength or him standing up to class 50 and above characters?

jinzin

that's never been an argument of mine actually...just that hulk has consistantly failed to do so...

CorderaMitchell
You just said he couldn't in your response to DarkCrawler.

Its a hypothetical argument, we aren't pleasing fans, is Hulk capable of doing it with your knowledge of him?

jinzin
when did I say "Hulk can't KO wolverine" ?

jinzin
You just said he couldn't in your response to DarkCrawler.

Its a hypothetical argument, we aren't pleasing fans, is Hulk capable of doing it with your knowledge of him?

I already said....yes...

Never
sorry I thought you were reffering to the one shot.....maybe you were reffering to another book then...my bad...

No -- the 1981 Superman vs. Hulk.

Convenient, exaggerated writing to illustrate a dire situation. Spiderman also said his reflexes are 45x quicker than that of a human's in **one** comic. Canon?

Well now. Is Punisher Class 50? Archangel? Elektra? Silver Samurai? Ogun? Cyber? Sabertooth? Marrow? Lady Deathstrike?

I'll bet dollars to donuts that you or any other individual will be hard-pressed to conjure forth a list of class 50 and above characters that Wolverine consistently "stands up to."

Hulk probably never kayoes Wolverine because that would be far too convenient a conclusion to one of the most popular battles in Marvel.

But please let's not pretend that Hulk is not capable of doing so.

And Cordera, in my post where I quoted you, I am agreeing with you (I was being sarcastic in it).

CorderaMitchell
No -- the 1981 Superman vs. Hulk.

Convenient, exaggerated writing to illustrate a dire situation. Spiderman also said his reflexes are 45x quicker than that of a human's in **one** comic. Canon?

Well now. Is Punisher Class 50? Archangel? Elektra? Silver Samurai? Ogun? Cyber? Sabertooth? Marrow? Lady Deathstrike?

I'll bet dollars to donuts that you or any other individual will be hard-pressed to conjure forth a list of class 50 and above characters that Wolverine consistently "stands up to."

Hulk probably never kayoes Wolverine because that would be far too convenient a conclusion to one of the most popular battles in Marvel.

But please let's not pretend that Hulk is not capable of doing so.

Its a hero crossover, we must realize that people dont even know that spiderman is stronger than wolverine, most realize that one has webs and another has claws.

So when comics do that, they are catering to the majority, ( the ones who don't know better), than us, the ones that do.

jinzin
<<<"Convenient, exaggerated writing to illustrate a dire situation. Spiderman also said his reflexes are 45x quicker than that of a human's in **one** comic. Canon?">>>

okay now both you and I know that there is a huge difference in self analyzation of your own physical state...and the comparison of your physical abilities to someone elses when you don't have anything to go off of rather than assumption..how would spiderman know this? did he scientifically measue his reflex speed to a normal humans? that's no more credible than apocalypse saying that only gods can take him down....

<<<"Well now. Is Punisher Class 50? Archangel? Elektra? Silver Samurai? Ogun? Cyber? Sabertooth? Marrow? Lady Deathstrike?">>>

none of these characters (aside from your archangel example, which I admittedly never saw so I can't discuss) do it with concussive force...your point is moot here.....

jinzin
Its a hero crossover, we must realize that people dont even know that spiderman is stronger than wolverine, most realize that one has webs and another has claws.

So when comics do that, they are catering to the majority, ( the ones who don't know better), than us, the ones that do.

it was for all intents and purposes a SPIDERMAN BOOK.....doe

Wanderer259
Where did this talk of Spider-Man having reflexes 45x faster than that of a normal human come from? I've only seen Spidey stated to have reflexes 15x faster, which is still better than Quicksilver's, but nowhere near 45x.

CorderaMitchell
it was for all intents and purposes a SPIDERMAN BOOK.....doe

Dude, I'm talking in general.

You yourself said spiderman SHOULD beat captain america easily, but he hasn't been shown otherwise.

Wolverine has to heal, it takes TIME.

I'm betting a nice hit on the ears would do him in, becuase of his enhanced senses, its a disadvantage.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Wanderer259
Where did this talk of Spider-Man having reflexes 45x faster than that of a normal human come from? I've only seen Spidey stated to have reflexes 15x faster, which is still better than Quicksilver's, but nowhere near 45x.

He was fighting hulk, in an annerversary comic.

He said, when he kicks it into high gear..

But since its written, it must be true by some's logic.

jinzin
he said it in spiderman 36 I believe...an anniversary issue...in a portion of the book he begins to brag about his powers to mary jane...which is where a lot of spidey fans assume his power to actually be...because we all know peter's assumptions on his own powers and abilities take more precidence over actuall feats...roll eyes (sarcastic)

CorderaMitchell
he said it in spiderman 36 I believe...an anniversary issue...in a portion of the book he begins to brag about his powers to mary jane...which is where a lot of spidey fans assume his power to actually be...because we all know peter's assumptions on his own powers and abilities take more precidence over actuall feats...roll eyes (sarcastic)

But its written, much like when spiderman said he was hitting his hardest...

Oh I get it!! Its to your own convienince, stats matter when they benefit your arguments.

Use logic, period.

jinzin
Dude, I'm talking in general.

You yourself said spiderman SHOULD beat captain america easily, but he hasn't been shown otherwise.

Wolverine has to heal, it takes TIME.

I'm betting a nice hit on the ears would do him in, becuase of his enhanced senses, its a disadvantage.
and why is that? cause spiderman attmepted to go h2h with cap............bad idea...that's an "I'm bison and all powerful but I'll fight you guys (ryu and ken) on your own level!" kind of bad idea....lol..

if he used webs he most likey would win.

CorderaMitchell
and why is that? cause spiderman attmepted to go h2h with cap............bad idea...that's an "I'm bison and all powerful but I'll fight you guys (ryu and ken) on your own level!" kind of bad idea....lol..

if he used webs he most likey would win.

He could do whatever cap can, performing standup.

Yea that bison notion was stupid though.

jinzin
But its written, much like when spiderman said he was hitting his hardest...

Oh I get it!! Its to your own convienince, stats matter when they benefit your arguments.

Use logic, period.
so then you don't understand the difference when someone says "I'm really tired"..................................................................................................................as compared to "I'm better than him" although you have relatively little to go off to make that comparison but your own opinion?

Never

I agree wholeheartedly. Venom is much more popular than Juggernaut, for example, and he was "allowed" to have Juggernaut beat on him and survive. Lobo is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more powerful than Wolverine could ever hope of being, yet Wolverine was allowed to defeat him (via fan vote). Thor's hammer is able to neutralize anything Superman could toss at him yet he chooses to try to walk through Superman's heat vision in JLA vs Avengers? Imagine the backlash if Thor defeated Superman.

I mean, look at that picture that Jin attached. Spiderman leaned into his punch and Wolverine fell like...1 foot. But ANOTHER punch in ANOTHER issue sent Wolverine flying? Yet he hit Superman and sent him flying. And did anyone see how Spiderman totally trashed Titania (class 80 strength) in Secret Wars #8? How about...dare I mention it...*gasp* what he did to Firelord?

That's my point. He is consistently written as being much more powerful than he was in Spiderman vs. Wolverine, I think the name of the comic is.

At any rate, this is getting off topic. I reiterate that yes, imo, Spiderman is more than capable of kayoing Wolverine considering Wolverine has been kayoed by individuals of far inferior strength/fighting ability.

As a matter of fact, I'll dig out my Wolverine/Uncanny/X-Men/New X-Men issues and dig up some more examples.

jinzin
He could do whatever cap can, performing standup.

Yea that bison notion was stupid though.

he can do whatever cap can do..but cap can apply most of it better...big grin

jinzin
<<<"At any rate, this is getting off topic. I reiterate that yes, imo, Spiderman is more than capable of kayoing Wolverine considering Wolverine has been kayoed by individuals of far inferior strength/fighting ability. ">>>

until proven otherwise I simply disagree...

CorderaMitchell
<<<"At any rate, this is getting off topic. I reiterate that yes, imo, Spiderman is more than capable of kayoing Wolverine considering Wolverine has been kayoed by individuals of far inferior strength/fighting ability. ">>>

Still going by crossovers?

smack him on the ears, it staggered hulk, and would ko wolverine with the heightened senses.

CorderaMitchell
he can do whatever cap can do..but cap can apply most of it better...big grin

spiderman holds back, and he won't be in a bloodlust, cap loses like 8/10

jinzin
when was that anyway?

try that on wolverine and get gutted.....

jinzin
spiderman holds back, and he won't be in a bloodlust, cap loses like 8/10

you act as if I'm in disagreement with you or something....spidey wins..but it's cause of the webs...

CorderaMitchell
I agree wholeheartedly. Venom is much more popular than Juggernaut, for example, and he was "allowed" to have Juggernaut beat on him and survive. Lobo is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more powerful than Wolverine could ever hope of being, yet Wolverine was allowed to defeat him (via fan vote). Thor's hammer is able to neutralize anything Superman could toss at him yet he chooses to try to walk through Superman's heat vision in JLA vs Avengers? Imagine the backlash if Thor defeated Superman.

I mean, look at that picture that Jin attached. Spiderman leaned into his punch and Wolverine fell like...1 foot. But ANOTHER punch in ANOTHER issue sent Wolverine flying? Yet he hit Superman and sent him flying. And did anyone see how Spiderman totally trashed Titania (class 80 strength) in Secret Wars #8? How about...dare I mention it...*gasp* what he did to Firelord?

That's my point. He is consistently written as being much more powerful than he was in Spiderman vs. Wolverine, I think the name of the comic is.

At any rate, this is getting off topic. I reiterate that yes, imo, Spiderman is more than capable of kayoing Wolverine considering Wolverine has been kayoed by individuals of far inferior strength/fighting ability.

As a matter of fact, I'll dig out my Wolverine/Uncanny/X-Men/New X-Men issues and dig up some more examples.

Enjoy, and thanks for the good rebuttals. wink

CorderaMitchell
when was that anyway?

try that on wolverine and get gutted.....

Not if he leaps on his shoulders...

spiderman is the acrobat here.

Spiderman would whoop cap, cap loses his shield, thats how hed win, see how unfair that is?

jinzin
yes leaping on wolverine's shoulders will automatically allow one not to be gutted....oy.....

spiderman h2h vs. cap with shield..doesn't bode well for spiderman..of course spiderman will win..but he's not going to do so near as much without webbing...he needs it..

CorderaMitchell
yes leaping on wolverine's shoulders will automatically allow one not to be gutted....oy.....

spiderman h2h vs. cap with shield..doesn't bode well for spiderman..of course spiderman will win..but he's not going to do so near as much without webbing...he needs it..

I'm saying take caps shield away, who is stronger, spiderman can yank that shield.

Spiderman can dodge wolverine very easily, if he hit him, it'd be a mere scrape. smokin'

Never
none of these characters (aside from your archangel example, which I admittedly never saw so I can't discuss) do it with concussive force...your point is moot here.....

You said, and I do quote, "stand up to class 50 and above characters." You said nothing about concussive force.

CorderaMitchell
concussive would be better, I've been over this...

Never

Archangel when Cameron Hodge tied them together during the Genosha story arc. Jim Lee was the artist. Need the exact issue? Will find it.

Omega Red during the X-Men relaunch. Jim Lee again. Need the exact issue? Will find it.

Not kayoed with one punch. Successive punches. Hell, poison kayoed Wolverine in Uncanny #173.

jinzin
You said, and I do quote, "stand up to class 50 and above characters." You said nothing about concussive force.

sorry I thought that was impliedd since the discussion was whether or not he could sustain spiderman punches..I didn't think that needed to be made clear...

"until proven otherwise I simply disagree... "

this was inreference to spiderman vs. wolverine...

jinzin
I'm saying take caps shield away, who is stronger, spiderman can yank that shield.

Spiderman can dodge wolverine very easily, if he hit him, it'd be a mere scrape. smokin'

evem though he hasn't been able to before...?

Never

Yeah, that's another way. Recall Incredible Hulk #345, I think it is? Grey Hulk. Wolverine on cover with his claws unsheathed. Tom Mcfarlane was the artist.

Hulk thunderclapped Wolverine and Wolverine struggled to stand up straight because his ears were ringing so horribly.

Difference is Hulk's thunderclap is actually one of his "signature moves," so to speak -- Spiderman cannot generate nearly the force that Hulk can (hell, Hulk "thunderclapped" a lake dry).

But the point remains.

CorderaMitchell
evem though he hasn't been able to before...?

sigh, here we go with this again. Spiderman was hardly trying to dodge wolverine, do you agree that spiderman dodges multiple superpowered people regularly, and has a precog.

Can logan be in two places at once?

jinzin
agreed..but then again all it ended up doing was driving wolvie crazy with rage..but yeah a few more of those bad boys and wolverine wouldn't be gettin up anytime soon..

jinzin
sigh, here we go with this again. Spiderman was hardly trying to dodge wolverine, do you agree that spiderman dodges multiple superpowered people regularly, and has a precog.

Can logan be in two places at once?

yes yes he does..do you agree that none of these villains are wolverine?

i thought villains are not credible examples to use to you?

CorderaMitchell
Yeah, that's another way. Recall Incredible Hulk #345, I think it is? Grey Hulk. Wolverine on cover with his claws unsheathed. Tom Mcfarlane was the artist.

Hulk thunderclapped Wolverine and Wolverine struggled to stand up straight because his ears were ringing so horribly.

Difference is Hulk's thunderclap is actually one of his "signature moves," so to speak -- Spiderman cannot generate nearly the force that Hulk can (hell, Hulk "thunderclapped" a lake dry).

But the point remains.

Understand the sonic force and such, I'm saying that an ear clap can be a lethal technique, moreso for wolverine (senses), a full force one from spiderman should do the trick.

It hurt the hulk, I'm not saying the "thunderclap"

CorderaMitchell
yes yes he does..do you agree that none of these villains are wolverine?

i thought villains are not credible examples to use to you?

Thats why I said people, wolverine was a villan in one example...

jinzin
Thats why I said people, wolverine was a villan in one example...

no he wasn't....

CorderaMitchell
no he wasn't....

Out of the three you like he wasn't...

jinzin
in no examples used was he a villain....confused

yahman
Im being a bit Ignorant here because im being to lazzy to read the first pages of this thead.. but are we arguing about wether or not Spiderman could knock out Wolverine ??????

He should be able to because at leats ten times stronger than Wolverine, but ive seen Sasquatch laying into Wolverine with little to no effect
cool

jinzin

Never
Understand the sonic force and such, I'm saying that an ear clap can be a lethal technique, moreso for wolverine (senses), a full force one from spiderman should do the trick.

It hurt the hulk, I'm not saying the "thunderclap"

Ah. Valid point again then.

Creshosk

smile

(damn, i just can't get enough of this scan! the head pats are the GREATEST!!!) I didn't realize thing was shorter than Wolverine. . . Odd. . .

Creshosk
Still going by crossovers? It was canon as it affected the rest of the two heroe's story lines. . .

Remember one of the times is in an AVERNGERS comic. . . not a crossover.

CorderaMitchell
Ah. Valid point again then.

It is a GREAT technique, and yahman I see your point, he should but he isn't written to against stronger opponents.

Weaker opponents do better against wolverine for some reason... sad

DarkCrawler
up

lft4ded
In his initial appearance Wolverine was knocked out by a 'glancing blow'
from Hulk.

Hey Wanderer259, hows the leg?

CorderaMitchell
I just want to make 4 things clear here, with regards to ANY character:

1: Inertia, if you were to hit a punching bag(the small coordination one , dexterity training), you see it reacts. It moves around, alot. Same with a person, except with the inside. If you were to hit someone in the head, the victim inside would feel the force (brain). The energy just doesn't stop at the inital hit.

2: Stronger metal absorbs such forces less. People often mistake the adamantium for not feeling any damage, and the adamantium absorbing ALL of the damage. The reverse is true, tougher metals absorb less because their bonds don't give in to the force. If I were to drive an indestructable car, and collide with something (wall) with a great force, I would still get tossed around, moreso even. In fact newer cars actually give MORE support to the victim by moving in to absorb more damage of collsion. In short, the adamatium ABSORBS the hits fine.

3: The velocity in attacks are there to make the hit into an even greater effect.
A 30000 lifter with the starting velocity of (300-400mph first sec), is stronger than many realize. The writers don't often include that (everything would die, or a character holds back), but its all included here, because this is a HYPOTHETICAL argument.

4: Using that SAME TOKEN, just because a char was hit by a 100 ton lifter, than that doesn't mean the hits were at 100 tons. If I were to get hit by WW and stand up, I wouldn't go "I survived a 100 ton hit", so its hard to measure hits in comics, because often you'll see a guy like batman do more damage to a guy, than a hit by flash.

Thats all.

Nataku8188
ummmmmmmmmmmmm confused

The funny thing is his face would have been torn to shreds. His adamantium face would've cause the flesh on top to tear and break under the blows from Spider-man. Hell, if UFC fighters can do it, Spider-man can do it.

CorderaMitchell
Anyone keeping physics in mind, would see that this is so.

Octo
Wolverine doesnt get knocked out by spiderman in that scan because his brain doesnt move an inch. The skull is taking all the impact while the brain is completely stationary Thanks to that gravestone..
thats my guess anyway.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Octo
Wolverine doesnt get knocked out by spiderman in that scan because his brain doesnt move an inch. The skull is taking all the impact while the brain is completely stationary Thanks to that gravestone..
thats my guess anyway.

I've already covered this, the inertia still has to go somewhere.

If you were to throw an apple in the air and hit it with a sledgehammer, what would happen?

If you were to lay that apple on the ground, and hit it with a sledgehammer, what would happen.

Those writers aren't geniuses.

Creshosk
I just think that the adamantium might absorb some of the impact, but his brain heals before the damage takes affect. . .

CorderaMitchell
I just think that the adamantium might absorb some of the impact, but his brain heals before the damage takes affect. . .

Agreed, BUT wolverine still takes damage to flesh an organs no different than you or I.

If I had an indestructable skeleton, I'd still get ko'ed by such a force, if he's ko'ed then he loses, especially in this case...

Creshosk
Agreed, BUT wolverine still takes damage to flesh an organs no different than you or I.Yes, but he heals faster than you or I.

If I had an indestructable skeleton, I'd still get ko'ed by such a force, if he's ko'ed then he loses, especially in this case... If you didn't have the healing factor such hits would probably kill you.

And it's possible to get a concussion without being ko'd.

CorderaMitchell
Yes, but he heals faster than you or I.

If you didn't have the healing factor such hits would probably kill you.

And it's possible to get a concussion without being ko'd.

He still gets ko'ed, therefore he loses, healing doesn't reduce the trauma, like people like to infer, if he's ko'ed he's ko'ed, no matter how fast he comes back...

Creshosk
He still gets ko'ed, therefore he loses, healing doesn't reduce the trauma, like people like to infer, if he's ko'ed he's ko'ed, no matter how fast he comes back... Unless he heals before the damage is registered or starts to take effect.

Like how some cuts will sit there a moment before it starts to bleed.

There could be some time after the damage is done but before the damage takes effect, when the healing is done.

After the damage is done, but before he passes out, he heals. so he doesn't pass out because there is no damage after it's healed.

CorderaMitchell
Unless he heals before the damage is registered or starts to take effect.

Like how some cuts will sit there a moment before it starts to bleed.

There could be some time after the damage is done but before the damage takes effect, when the healing is done.

After the damage is done, but before he passes out, he heals. so he doesn't pass out because there is no damage after it's healed.

He can't heal before the trauma of an initial hit. That would be implying that he commenced healing BEFORE the damage took place.

If I was ko'ed for 5 minutes, and someone for 10, we were both knocked out and lost.

As for blood clots,you still take the damage. Concussive force is more effective for that very reason, spiderman doesn't slash.

Creshosk
He can't heal before the trauma of an initial hit. Nort really. the inventor of the guilotine when executed blinked his eyes like 15 times after his head was cut off. He lived for about 30 seconds as a severed head.

That would be implying that he commenced healing BEFORE the damage took place.No, after the damage occured, before the damage took effect.

If I was ko'ed for 5 minutes, and someone for 10, we were both knocked out and lost.Yeah that would be if your healing factor took five minute to recover from the damage. I still think Wolverine's is faster than that.

CorderaMitchell
Nort really. the inventor of the guilotine when executed blinked his eyes like 15 times after his head was cut off. He lived for about 30 seconds as a severed head.

No, after the damage occured, before the damage took effect.

Yeah that would be if your healing factor took five minute to recover from the damage. I still think Wolverine's is faster than that.

You understand that cutting and bludgeoning are 2 different things. A flesh wound is FAR from damaging if it is away from a vital spot(lethality wise, for the most part).

A good sufficient hit with a bludgeon represents the trauma that any living thing could die from, wolverine's skull is adamantim, BUT it is no thicker, than our skulls, being fused as it is.

That kind of trauma, from a superhuman force is enough to KO', him we all can recover from that. In a worse scenario, it could very well be a coma.

I'm trying to get you to see what I mean by such force at such velocity, if I were driving an indestructable car, and went head on with a semi, at EXTREME speeds. My chances aren't that much better, from me moving. Though the car (skull) wouldn't cave in, but I inside would move worse. The car (skull) wouldn't absorb the force the same.

Creshosk
You understand that cutting and bludgeoning are 2 different things. A flesh wound is FAR from damaging if it is away from a vital spot(lethality wise, for the most part).

A good sufficient hit with a bludgeon represents the trauma that any living thing could die from, wolverine's skull is adamantim, BUT it is no thicker, than our skulls, being fused as it is.

That kind of trauma, from a superhuman force is enough to KO', him we all can recover from that. In a worse scenario, it could very well be a coma.

I'm trying to get you to see what I mean by such force at such velocity, if I were driving an indestructable car, and went head on with a semi, at EXTREME speeds. My chances aren't that much better, from me moving. Though the car (skull) wouldn't cave in, but I inside would move worse. The car (skull) wouldn't absorb the force the same. I'm not saying he won't take the damage, I'm saying he'd heal before it affected him.

CorderaMitchell
I'm not saying he won't take the damage, I'm saying he'd heal before it affected him.

What do you mean? like Knock out? that kind of concussive force makes a ko' instant. Its actually better for your health to be ko'ed from such force anyway.

Zahit
"heals before damage takes effect...."

wolverine is not the hulk.
wolverine is not asgardian.
wolverine is not olympian.

it took him a month to heal from the fight with silver samurai.
if he "heals before the damage takes effect," why did it take a month?
answer:
to make all the letter-writing gay little wolvie fanboys happy.
you know....the ones who took the time to vote for wolvie over lobo....

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Zahit
"heals before damage takes effect...."

wolverine is not the hulk.
wolverine is not asgardian.
wolverine is not olympian.

it took him a month to heal from the fight with silver samurai.
if he "heals before the damage takes effect," why did it take a month?
answer:
to make all the letter-writing gay little wolvie fanboys happy.
you know....the ones who took the time to vote for wolvie over lobo....

Also I'd like to say something else.

KO isn't "damage" its a condition,like a coma or death.

It is a condition to where you reach that state. It isn't a game,where you get hit and fall dead at the same point at each and everytime.

You can be in full health, and still be unconscious.

Also wolverine took two days to heal from a minor explosion.

Lets face it, wolverine spends much of his time unconscious.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by masterbruce
Punches: Wolverine gets to tyrant, nobody else is going to crack his admantium skull...he may be brain dead for awhile but his healig factor will heal him...remember, sabretooth got stabbed in the brain by wolverine once, he eventually recovered

dude no, if he's ko'ed hes down, we all recover, surely you don't believe that tyrant and above take him?

willRules
Wolvie cant survive the pressure of thousands of fanboys admiring his every move.

CorderaMitchell
Do you only post in wolverine threads, and ones with spiderman in them?

This makes people take good arguments less seriously, after a while.

willRules
Do you only post in wolverine threads, and ones with spiderman in them?

This makes people take good arguments less seriously, after a while.

I post in any thred I want to? you? big grin

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by willRules
I post in any thred I want to? you? big grin
I just noticed a "pattern". shifty

jinzin
wolverine countless MORE feats of healing things such as mortal wounds after mortal wounds in an adsurdly fast amount of time...DON'T COUNT....because....there are at least several different examples of when the healing factor DIDN'T work that fast..........

roll eyes (sarcastic)

(I can't help it cord....that's assinine. I thought we are supposed to use these characters at their best...even you've said so.)

CorderaMitchell
What does this have to do with him, "healing" before the intial trauma?

Never
I'm not saying he won't take the damage, I'm saying he'd heal before it affected him.

Um, how do you heal a burn before you are actually burned? Heal a cut before you are cut? Wolverine isn't The Hulk insofar that his gamma radiation is a form of cancer -- the angrier/stressed he gets, the faster he heals (remember what Vector did to him? Recall Hulk healing his guts so fast that his hand got stuck in there? Recall Gladiator burning that hole Hulk's chest?)

If he healed before it affected it him, it would never affect him right? Unless I'm not understanding what you are saying correctly.

As far as his adamantium absorbing impact, then why is he ever knocked out? Again, adamantium isn't vibranium. It doesn't negate impact. If you punch Wolverine, he's moving.

That was just more...interesting writing. We sit here and debate this crap because writers are NOT consistent. It is akin to writing code -- everyone writes/interprets his abilities a tad differently.

Wolverine is NOT a rival of Hulk's.

jinzin
but so far writers have CONSISTANTLY written spiderman NOT to KO wolvie with punches and such....

CorderaMitchell
In crossovers meant to entertain the majority. Its going to leave a questionmark.

Hulk hasn't done it latley either.

Thats why people think only tyrant, and G are ko'ing him, they must discern.

Nooone wants to see another get ko'ed in a match.

I find it odd that weaker villans make a crack hitting him in middair with no leverage, but grounded, at 15 tons he doesn't slide UP nor DOWN...s

Can he do it logically yes, this isn't here to please fans, its to describe the likelihood of something happening, given what you've got.

jinzin
given what I've got...which is three actual accounts to support my theory......he can't knock him out...

CorderaMitchell
Given that this is a hypothetical matchup with special conditions: being tied and such, he has a worse chance, guess whats the apple on the concrete, being smashed by the sledge hammer.

Wolverine's head and facial structure resist more,but with this proificiency of attack, it works against him, and in this situation,(grounded with leverage), there's some things to keep in mind...

I just want to make 4 things clear here, with regards to ANY character:

1: Inertia, if you were to hit a punching bag(the small coordination one , dexterity training), you see it reacts. It moves around, alot. Same with a person, except with the inside. If you were to hit someone in the head, the victim inside would feel the force (brain). The energy just doesn't stop at the inital hit.

2: Stronger metal absorbs such forces less. People often mistake the adamantium for not feeling any damage, and the adamantium absorbing ALL of the damage. The reverse is true, tougher metals absorb less because their bonds don't give in to the force. If I were to drive an indestructable car, and collide with something (wall) with a great force, I would still get tossed around, moreso even. In fact newer cars actually give MORE support to the victim by moving in to absorb more damage of collsion. In short, the adamatium ABSORBS the hits fine.

3: The velocity in attacks are there to make the hit into an even greater effect.
A 30000 lifter with the starting velocity of (300-400mph first sec), is stronger than many realize. The writers don't often include that (everything would die, or a character holds back), but its all included here, because this is a HYPOTHETICAL argument.

4: Using that SAME TOKEN, just because a char was hit by a 100 ton lifter, than that doesn't mean the hits were at 100 tons. If I were to get hit by WW and stand up, I wouldn't go "I survived a 100 ton hit", so its hard to measure hits in comics, because often you'll see a guy like batman do more damage to a guy, than a hit by flash.

Thats all.

jinzin
restating the same meaningless points over and over does not make them any more valid....

CorderaMitchell
You've already said your points,and they don't change the fact of whats happening, 3 times given there's been no explanation isn't changing anyones mind.

jinzin
there's been numerous explainations...just because you've failed to understand them or have been too lazy to read said explainations does not mean they haven't been given...

CorderaMitchell
Did I say there weren't any? I've read them all, and its basically the same song, no attempt at defining anything.

A great fighter of human stature can hurt wolverine, to say full force attacks from spiderman is just rediculous.

Logan 87
Wolverine cant survive anything. He has no healing factor, no ad bones, no claws. He also has no senses or experience in fighting, and is very young. Spiderman Batman and every other hero could beat him with ease.

CorderaMitchell
rock

Nataku8188
Wolverine takes shots from spidey because writers aren't scientists, they aren't doctors, they are writers. They aren't writing the stories to be accurate, they are writing them to be entertaining. In reality, Spider-man would hit logan and he'd get whiplash. If that happened in the comics, there'd be no point to reading the comic.

If you want to argue that Spider-man has failed to K.O. Logan three times in the past, you're right. But I can also argue that, those writers had no idea what they were talking about, because based on scientific fact, the results would not be the same. So, if you want to look at this fight from the actual comics perspective, Spidey isn't K.O.ing Wolvie, if you want to look at it hypothetically, using science to prove points, then he should beat the crap out of him like it's nothing.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Nataku8188
Wolverine takes shots from spidey because writers aren't scientists, they aren't doctors, they are writers. They aren't writing the stories to be accurate, they are writing them to be entertaining. In reality, Spider-man would hit logan and he'd get whiplash. If that happened in the comics, there'd be no point to reading the comic.

If you want to argue that Spider-man has failed to K.O. Logan three times in the past, you're right. But I can also argue that, those writers had no idea what they were talking about, because based on scientific fact, the results would not be the same. So, if you want to look at this fight from the actual comics perspective, Spidey isn't K.O.ing Wolvie, if you want to look at it hypothetically, using science to prove points, then he should beat the crap out of him like it's nothing.

Agreed, noone wants to see a character getting ko'ed like noones business with THAT popularity.

They write for the majority to be entertaining, the majortiy haven't a clue of the stats of the character. They see spiderman with webs, and wolverine with claws.

When I read a comic, I may see a char lift something too heavy. So!?!? I'm not digging in my heels about it, but when something ridiculous is brought into a debate, thats different.

You must see it in a hypothetical prospective,because we aren't rewriting a story, we are looking at A vs. B, and judging on what they got.

I wouldn't bet my money on the one who brought less to the table, regardless of if I liked them more, no more than I would in real life.

Logan 87
Originally posted by Nataku8188

Yes wolverine sucks, and if he wins anything its the writers. I so agre. yes

CorderaMitchell
You spelled "agree" wrong...

Logan 87
You spelled "agree" wrong...

And so it begins. C Master trying to make me look stupid. Ok I cant spell I cant do shit. Just ignore me because im not worth anyones time.

CorderaMitchell
No I wasn't. I feel you are here complaining now, and its unfair, seeing as I've brought up many points, you are implying that I am biased.

Logan 87
No I wasn't. I feel you are here complaining now, and its unfair, seeing as I've brought up many points, you are implying that I am biased.

I would answer that, but I cant spell so its pointless.

CorderaMitchell
If you are going to complain after I've tried to help you, why do you remain here?

I said you misspelled, not can spell. Just because you trip once, doesn't mean you cannot walk. smile

Creshosk
Um, how do you heal a burn before you are actually burned? Heal a cut before you are cut? Wolverine isn't The Hulk insofar that his gamma radiation is a form of cancer -- the angrier/stressed he gets, the faster he heals (remember what Vector did to him? Recall Hulk healing his guts so fast that his hand got stuck in there? Recall Gladiator burning that hole Hulk's chest?)

If he healed before it affected it him, it would never affect him right? Unless I'm not understanding what you are saying correctly.

As far as his adamantium absorbing impact, then why is he ever knocked out? Again, adamantium isn't vibranium. It doesn't negate impact. If you punch Wolverine, he's moving.

That was just more...interesting writing. We sit here and debate this crap because writers are NOT consistent. It is akin to writing code -- everyone writes/interprets his abilities a tad differently.

Wolverine is NOT a rival of Hulk's. read the thread again. I already covered this.

Creshosk
Did I say there weren't any? yes

there's been no explanation.

CorderaMitchell
I don't even see the point of what you just did there... seriously, I don't see what "any" was.

Anyway,let me rephrase and say any good or accurate ones.

He heals BEFORE inital trauma, unconsciousness is damage( a state), and marvel disagrees aren't really convincing anyone, though they have been covered, thoroughly, especially the last2 pages.

Creshosk
I don't even see the point of what you just did there... seriously, I don't see what "any" was.

Anyway,let me rephrase and say any good or accurate ones.

He heals BEFORE inital trauma, unconsciousness is damage( a state), and marvel disagrees aren't really convincing anyone, though they have been covered, thoroughly, especially the last2 pages. It'd be more accurate to say there haven't been any that you like. . .of course you hate wolverine, so we have to use him at his weakest showings, rather than mid level or best showing. . .as opposed to other characters where it depends on who they are facing as to which showing we use, right?

CorderaMitchell
blah blah blah, its all been covered, because he's flying 20 feet, from a flick with no leverage, but he can't move a tombstone.

They haven't been rebutted, so you've submitted.

That excuse sounds like the one I've been hearing from two wolveine fanboys on the other thread, can't debate, so I accuse.

Creshosk
blah blah blah, its all been covered, because he's flying 20 feet, from a flick with no leverage, but he can't move a tombstone. I already pointed out that the secret wars is bad writing. the other one has two other times that match where wolverine isn't knocked out by spiderman.

They haven't been rebutted, so you've submitted. Because I haven't refuted a point I agree to it?

No I'm sorry it doesn't work that way.

CorderaMitchell
I already pointed out that the secret wars is bad writing. the other one has two other times that match where wolverine isn't knocked out by spiderman.

Because I haven't refuted a point I agree to it?

No I'm sorry it doesn't work that way.

says who, you?? You judge whats bad writing to suit you. Siderman can EASILY send logan flying. Were YOU that same person, who tried to tell me that a logan punch would logically send peter flying on the roof top?

The writing is inconsistant, you've done little to say how the force is counterd, because you can't and you resort to chopping points down.

I disagree, but I put my points up there many times, you've countered them zero, him healing BEFORE the trauma means nothing.

Get that speculation correct.

Creshosk
says who, you?? You judge whats bad writing to suit you. Siderman can EASILY send logan flying. Were YOU that same person, who tried to tell me that a logan punch would logically send peter flying on the roof top?Being sent flying is not a defeat. Superman gets sent flying from time to time but comes back. . . As well as when Thanos was fighting Odin. Thanos got sent flying but then came right back to the fight.

It's bad because nightcrawler is unable to teleport out of the webbing . . . why would he even struggle with it when he normally just teleports out of situations like that? Nightcrawler forgot he could teleport?

That's stupidity on the part of Nightcrawler, CIS.

The writing is inconsistant, you've done little to say how the force is counterd, because you can't and you resort to chopping points down. Countered by what?

So what if it's inconsistant. . EVERY character has inconsistant writing. . does that mean we use them at their weakest showings at all times?

Spiderman has had his fair share of inconsistency. Does that mean that street level characters can hit him? or that slow moving, gently lobbed bombs will always hit him?

Why does inconsistency mean we use their weakest showings for wolverine and only wolverine?

I disagree, but I put my points up there many times, you've countered them zero, him healing BEFORE the trauma means nothing. If he heals before the damage effects him, it's not going to effect him.

Anybody can bleed to death, but if they heal before they bleed to death they aren't going to bleed to death.

Or despite someone receiving a wound that they'd bleed to death, they sreceive the medical attention to heal them. . they still bleed to death?

Get that speculation correct. Mine's wrong and yours is right? Again, is your opinion more important than mine?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>