Why didn't Anakin kill himself?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

king_arthur
Anakin only turned to the dark side because he thought that he could save Padme. Then Palpatine says that he's killed her. Wouldn't he have just killed himself right then. He doesn't have anything to live for now. I know you wouldn't have much of a story if that's the way it went but seriously why did he kept going.

Rogue Jedi
anakin was too enthralled by the power of the dark side. if his love for padme was stronger than his addiction to the dark side, he would have obeyed her when she asked him to drop everything and come away with her, to raise their kids in peace.

dflood
seriously ,i am not ussually the one to flame ppl for making bad threads ,but this is just making threads for the sake of it.......

if he killed himself then there'd be no linkage to ep4#

and .... he relised he could rule the galaxy and be the most powerful jedi ...which was one of his aspirations

ONE thing i found cool was that in ep2 he says ''one day i will learn how to stop ppl from dying''.and then in ep3 the story is practically based on him trying to stop padme from dying .......which all links up to him being vader .........just a thought i think is cool

PVS
anakin DID kill himself by becoming vader. didnt you watch the films?

dflood
yeah but i think that is kinda methaphorical

dflood
thrads started.....36
no. of posts.........65

holy crap

Ani's Girl
I always find it funny when people quote that so I went to check out my stats...

Total Posts: 218
Threads Started: 12

Guess my ratio isn't too bad smile

matreid
Iv'e only started 2 threads, with over 550 posts.

Ani's Girl
Very goo matreid!!

Ken Kenobi
Thread to Post ratio posts lead to no good.

Stay on topic and don't patronize the thread starter or I will close the thread and hand out warnings.

Ani's Girl
Sorry sad

Captain REX
Total Posts: 23040
Threads Started: 250

Damn I'm cool! stick out tongue

Okay, let's stop that now...

Anakin was infatuated with the power that the Dark Side was presenting him. Though he was now crippled and without the love of his rather violent life, in being Darth Vader, right hand man to Palpatine, he held all the power he'd ever wanted.

PVS
Originally posted by Captain REX
Total Posts: 23040
Threads Started: 250

Damn I'm cool! stick out tongue

reported

Captain REX
You're not serious, are you?

PVS
no expression

Next Venom_girl
I was thinking the same thing. Actually it would have been cooler then the cheesy NOOOOOOOOO! scene if he tried... but then ANYTHING would have been cooler then the NOOOOOOOOO! scene.

Captain REX
Him trying to commit suicide would have been daftly pitiful, in my opinion. The "NOOO!" scene was fine, IMO, other than the "NOOO!" itself.

SithHappens
What I like to think about is Ani only joined the Dark Side because he had the visions of Padme dying. and Padme only died because he joined the Dark Side. It's like a catch 22. It's the first thing I thought about after I saw the movie.

Darth-x-Padme
lol !! i love anakin and i understand y he didn't kill him self, he was too powerful, he lost his love not his jedi powers

Red Superfly
Didn't you see the gaping head wound on the back of his head? He obviously lost all but two of his brain cells.

Darth-x-Padme
what do mean??

Darth-x-Padme
oops i mean sith/jedi powers

Sadako of Girth
Revenge is a powerful motivator... He had the Jedi and Especially Obi-wan to wipe out as they were blamed for all that was wrong in his life and the alienation and death of Padme....

Darth-x-Padme
oh rite
i love anakin whether he's good or evil

Aduruth
possibly anakin did not kill himself(and something the movie never went into) was becuase darth plaguis(very sry for spelling) could "create" life, and now him being so powerful, he probably thought its a matter of time till i acheive the gift of life, to restore padme. possibly this could be looked into as why he didnt commit suicide.

only listen to the above statement, if you don't think he didnt commit suicide becuase of the "addiciton" of the dark side.

Cipher
I thought about Vader considering suicide, too.

He probably felt he deserved what happened and that he was no good.

Or he buried himself in his Sith identity and denied what he'd done.
He wouldn't really have been confronted with it until he talks to Luke on the
moon of Endor.

Captain REX
It was the revenge he wanted that kept him alive. Otherwise, he would have sizzled like a sausage and died on Mustafar. He sought revenge on Obi-Wan for nearly killing him, and for the death of Padme.

Sith Lords don't get depressed and kill themselves. They get angry and seek power and revenge.

tlbauerle
If Anakin killed himself there would have never been Episode's 4-6...and then no 1-3...so we wouldn't even know who Anakin was.

wtf are we talking about?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.