JLA vs Odin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
JLA
Superman
Wonder Woman
Manhunter
Zatanna
Green Lantern(hal)
Hawk Man' big grin
Green Arrow big grin
Flash
Captian Marvel
Fate
Atom
Hawk Girl

vs

Odin with his battle Axe.

No banishments, just all out brawl and magical shit, like when he faught Thanos.

Someone post pics of Odin, he's badass when he's pissed.

Solidus Snake
JLA

i would use the same atom/green arrow combination that killed darkseid.

even if that only manages to stun him. it will be enough for the monsters to take him down.
monsters: supes, ww,mm, GL, zatanna,CM

long pig
Really?
His battle axe can cut Superman in half with ease.

I'm not thinkin that'll work.

DarkCrawler
Well, according to SOME people, Zatanna can do anything. So she probably could just say "Odin dies" and win. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Solidus Snake
he has to hit supes. supes is faster than he is by far. and since supes will know hes magical, he can pummel him with heat vision from afar. the axe will not be as effective on CM because hes a magical creature. or WW. and it will do nothing to J'onzz.

still the atom/green arrow combo will take him down.

Solidus Snake
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Well, according to SOME people, Zatanna can do anything. So she probably could just say "Odin dies" and win. roll eyes (sarcastic)

i dont think she can do that, but she can distract him alot and make him miserable enough for the heros to assault him.

long pig
Odin is probably faster than Flash if he grants himself that specific power, he just normally doesn't because it's useless.

Kinda like how LT doesn't give himself super strength and heat vision, he's above that.

I think the angry hairy bastard named Odin would wail through the team like they slapped his momma.

He can grow to like 100ft tall and just own.

long pig
Zatanna has her limits, it's been proven a few times.

Her limits are her will and personal magic storage, if she tries to do something that takes more magic than what she has, she can't.

i.e the moon trick, the africa trick, the metropolis trick.

supremthor
i like odin but he goes down. the jla take on enemys with much more power then odin.

long pig
Never without a plot device and or one sided prep, no they do not.

Solidus Snake
dude...odin is a great character, but he has attacks coming from too many dimensions.

magic
super strength
superspeed
emergy projection
force bolts
magic rings
mental blasts
intangibility
foul language

odin goes down

long pig
Foul language, lol.

Odin has all of those (even magic ring...oddly enough) in spades.

I think the beer bellied king of asgard can doo-it.

Solidus Snake
but can he respond to attacks from all those at once?

olympian
Yes after all he defeated guys before that are above JLA.

Zatanna is not at his level magically.

Odin took Surfer out with one blast. Superman wont fare any better. Or the others.

Some of that list are target for legs breaking like Zeus did against Captain America when he fought the avengers.

Odin wins.

demigawd
Originally posted by long pig

i.e the moon trick, the africa trick, the metropolis trick.

Not familiar with Zantanna, but tired of fanboys saying she can say "niw I" and beat anybody, so knowing of times she's failed is useful. What happened with these tricks?

Sentry
Odin with his battle axe? Don't you mean his Gungnir? I thought that spear was his weapon? Well anyways, Odin wins.

Khellendros
JLA is getting spanked.

Originally posted by Solidus Snake
dude...odin is a great character, but he has attacks coming from too many dimensions.

magic
super strength
superspeed
emergy projection
force bolts
magic rings
mental blasts
intangibility
foul language

odin goes down
You have yet to mention a power he can't easily duplicate/counter with his own magic. This is a guy whose battles reignite suns and collapses galaxies as side-effects to his battles. The Jla are getting sent home like scolded children

Solidus Snake
he cant counter them all at once. if they attack him all at the same time using different strategies hes finished

as i said before, the green arow,captain atom combo will be enough.

olympian
"he cant counter them all at once. if they attack him all at the same time using different strategies hes finished"

How much you know about Odin? By your post it doesnt seem alot. Hes way beyond the top heroes level.

"as i said before, the green arow,captain atom combo will be enough"

Explain the combo because frankly i dont see where it is. And its not Captain Atom its just Atom.

Solidus Snake
oops...i meant atom not captain atom

green arrow fired an arrow at darkseid and the flare on it went off. atom, the size of an electron went down darkseids optic nerves and into his brain where he gave darkseid a cosmic lobotomy with a device that disentigrated darkseid's brain.

PS i know odin quite well, thank you very much.
but i know the JLA better.

olympian
Then it was a device designed to take darkseid. They dont have that here, they never faced Odin before.

And that is if those tricks work on Skyfathers with real feats instead someone whose power fluctuates alot at DC. Odin has way too many ways to win this.

Solidus Snake
so a weapon used to take on darkseid couldnt be used to injure odin?

he could even use a miniturized thermonuclear device if you want to argue that the device was made from a future technology.

he could use a tessaract bomb, antimatter device, etc. and nothing odins magics could do would hurt him because at the electron level atom stated that magic does not work. he said that in the JLA series when they were on the quest for aquaman after he was "killed" by imperiex.

so any internal magicks couldnt hurt him. in fact if he miniturized the justice league to go with him, they could all attack odin from the inside before he realized what was going on.

imagine it. atom with 5 anti matter devices or a boom tube, travelling at the speed of light through odins brain. and dropping off anti matter devices every inch of the way. or just boom tubing parts of odins brain away.

as far as i saw the only thing the boom tube didnt work on was the sun eater, and taht was because it didnt exist entirely in one dimension. so unless tahts the case with odin, atom and green arrow will cut him down whilst the JLA act as cannon fodder to give atom time to work.

Avalonofthewind
How about FLash just lends his speed to the JLA and takes it from Odin while they all deliver the famous "infinite mass punch" at the same time?

Fight over in less than a second..and Odin gets his loving "Odin sleep"

Solidus Snake
even that.
imagine if flash punched a man from mount rushmore to africa, imagine what supes would do.

odin would spend the rest of his life thinking hes a washer woman. jk, but u get my drift

leonidas
the avengers did some damage to zeus. jla would do some damage to odin but it wouldn't get beyond that - nor do i think the damage would be great. i don't think it would be a quick win, but it wouldn't take THAT long, either. they'd piss him off and that'd be it. odin is a bad mofo.

Sentry
Odin slapping around Thanos and dropping Surfer with one blow here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=318386&highlight=Evangel

demigawd
JLA with prep could probably drive back Odin. In a spontaneous fight, or against an Odin committed to their destruction, they're done for.

the Darkone
Odin would just b***h slap every single one of the back to dc universe with out breaking a sweat.

olympian
"so a weapon used to take on darkseid couldnt be used to injure odin"

Considering theyr two different pll of different levels. No. I think MU Odin is above darkseid post crisis myself.

"the avengers did some damage to zeus"

Who? Your not talking about Photon are you. She gave her best shot and he was up without any problems. In the end Zeus alone punked the whole avengers team that had four powerhouses and some of his fellow gods. Teams might annoy Odin and Zeus but hurting them its a another story.

"imagine it. atom with 5 anti matter devices or a boom tube, travelling at the speed of light through odins brain"

Skyfathers at normal levels are already above guys like Superman. They can increase everything including speed. They have definattly more raw power than Darkseid to be caught in that.

long pig
Oly' you need a better sig, my man. That one sucks lol.

leonidas
<<Who? Your not talking about Photon are you.>.

read the issue again. cm says she did her best and thor assures her that she had hurt him more than any mortal had ever done. and it took zeus quite a while to beat the avengers. of course he beat them, like odin would beat the jla. but i say again - jla would do some damage to him, like the avengers did to zeus.

olympian
"read the issue again. cm says she did her best and thor assures her that she had hurt him more than any mortal had ever done. and it took zeus quite a while to beat the avengers. of course he beat them"

While Thor says that its mostly accepted it was to not let her moral go down. The picture shows Zeus standing up, unfazed and not hurt at all.

About how long he took the time, he doesnt need to do it fast. He Ko all the Avengers powerhouses with less than 5 moves each. In some cases it was one like against She Hulk and Namor.

"Oly' you need a better sig, my man. That one sucks lol."

stick out tongue I know i wanted to use the collest scene of that Herc story where he lifts manhattan ( non cannon ). But the scne shot i got isent good. Ill get another soon, im too lazy now.....

long pig
So, you lookin for a herc sig? I'll look around and try to find some pics or something for ya, cuz that sig.....i mean.....damn.

stick out tongue jk.

olympian
stick out tongue no harm taken, if only it was with a good quality it would make a difference.

leonidas
<<While Thor says that its mostly accepted it was to not let her moral go down. The picture shows Zeus standing up, unfazed and not hurt at all.>.

generally accepted by whom?? you? zeus was standing around BECAUSE he was fazed. he became enraged BECAUSE they were actually standing up to him. in thor annual #8, zeus and thor went 1on1 and zeus said thor fought better than the titans! and that was just one on one. i stand by my original assessment. yeah odin would win, but the jla would do damage. like the avengers did to zeus.

demigawd
If you two agree that Odin would win, what's the point of arguing how badly the JLA would get beaten? lol. It's like, "JLA gets beaten VERY badly" "Nah uh! They only get beaten PRETTY badly!"

olympian
Generally accepted by those who see the issue. He was standing UP the same way he was before that blast. He showed no signs of strain. Didnt stated that she hurted him. Wasent hurt. Wasent weaker. Wasent tired. Wasent down. Nothing.

And what damage they did? They wer mostly annoyances. He even Ko fellow gods in that fight together with the Avengers. Thor was the one giving more in that fight and even he couldnt do anything.

olympian
"If you two agree that Odin would win, what's the point of arguing how badly the JLA would get beaten? lol. It's like, "JLA gets beaten VERY badly" "Nah uh! They only get beaten PRETTY badly!"

Ok, i admit, thats actually the best point so far stick out tongue truce. Jla gets pounded and thats it.

leonidas
couldn't flash just use the speedforce and stop time around zeus?

K Von Doom
The JLA all attacking at once is a valid strategy and might succeed.

Odin took out Drax and Surfer easily because they attacked him separately.

long pig
If the speedforce is going to be allowed to be used, then it also should be allowed to be used by other dimention hopping people.

Odin probably could enter the speedforce himself...most any dimention hopper could.

leonidas
<<Odin probably could enter the speedforce himself...most any dimention hopper could.>.

fair enough, but if flash BEATS him to it, couldn't it work? if time stops, that would imply his thought-processes also so if he IS stopped, he wouldn't be ABLE to access it. right?

Solidus Snake
unless because he's a 'god' that hes not subject to those laws.

flassh is better off speeding everyone up

long pig
Well, Flash needs time to reach LightSpeed so that he can enter the speedforce, and it's well known that Odin can indeed fight and fly at FTL speeds. So, he'd take Flash out before Flash could get enough speed to enter the speedforce.

Kinda like Surfer or Gladiator, they are both faster than flash before flash enters the speedforce. They'd prolly be 10x faster than Flash before speedforce.

Solidus Snake
nonsense, flash can hit those speeds instantly, he doesnt need a start up

and flying at light speed doesnt mean equivalent reaction times.

flash is a key player to take down odin

long pig
Nonesense, not he can't.

Gladiator or Surfer would make Flash look like a statue before flash enters the speedforce.

Flash has ALWAYS needed distance and time to reach light speed.

There are many scans where it shows flash needing to run across the earth to reach lightspeed so that he can enter the speedforce.

Surfer and Gladiator can reach lightspeed faster than Flash can.

Avalonofthewind
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/jla5.jpg

Instant Speed Force

Solidus Snake
still think so long pig

i soooo wish my scanner was working.

long pig
Nope, didn't prove anything.
Flash can easily go faster than thought without speed force.

And yup, I still think so.

Avalonofthewind
There is no way Odin is winning this fight..Especially with Captain Marvel and Zatanna here.

kgkg
Odin Destroy JLA.

His powers created a shockwave though the multiverse

He defeated Set with ease

Set the guy who tossed all the others like garbage

long pig
Dude, you tried to pass off that shit as proof? Then when you're called out on it, you ignore it?

laughing
Yup, another person untrustworthy with their scans.

kgkg
Dude, you tried to pass off that shit as proof? Then when you're called out on it, you ignore it?

laughing
Yup, another person untrustworthy with their scans.
Speed doesn't mean shit to Odin.

Bring any speedster vs Odin he will kill them

This guy sent Gladiator back in time just like that

Avalonofthewind
Isnt this part of the team that defeated LKZ the imp?
Odin is shit compared to imp magic.
Imp will turn odin into a goddamn raspberry.

kgkg
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
ya the same team that destroyed by Doomsday , who was a cheap hulk imitation

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by kgkg

This from the guy who worships a garbage supes clone..lol

either way, Imps>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>odin

long pig
I don't know much about imps other than they are from the 5th? dimention.

But, surely there were plot holes and one sided prep, of course there were.

No prep this time. Odin kills them all.

long pig
Gladiator is truer to the original "Superman" than Superman is.

Superman and Gladiator are both copies of the first, which oddly enough was named Gladiator.

kgkg
This from the guy who worships a garbage supes clone..lol

either way, Imps>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>odin

JLA >Imps > defeated Spectre = living tribunal

FF > Galactus ya you are rite laughing

Odin K.o's all of them easily

long pig
ABC logic never fails.

Beyonder

And how did they beat the Imp?

Hell, a 5th D Imp would trash Imperiex. Guess what? Imperiex trashed the JLA and Doomsday.

Wait up...didn't Dr. Polaris also own the JLA?

So Captain Marvel or Zantanna is greater than Surfer, Drax, and Thanos?

Let's put it this way, it took someone on Thanos durability to take shots from Odin and be standing. Surfer and Drax were eached knocked out in one blow.

Flash? Odin sent Gladiator back to the future. Odin's transported people before. He blast Annihilus out of Asgard for invading his realm and mouthing off at him.

His peers are other skyfathers and Ymir and Surtur. He fought and killed Seth, a hell lord.

Odin 10/10.

Heck, Thanos could give this team trouble and pull a 6-7/10. Odin trashes them all.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Beyonder
And how did they beat the Imp?

Hell, a 5th D Imp would trash Imperiex. Guess what? Imperiex trashed the JLA and Doomsday.

Wait up...didn't Dr. Polaris also own the JLA?

So Captain Marvel or Zantanna is greater than Surfer, Drax, and Thanos?

Let's put it this way, it took someone on Thanos durability to take shots from Odin and be standing. Surfer and Drax were eached knocked out in one blow.

Flash? Odin sent Gladiator back to the future. Odin's transported people before. He blast Annihilus out of Asgard for invading his realm and mouthing off at him.

His peers are other skyfathers and Ymir and Surtur. He fought and killed Seth, a hell lord.

Odin 10/10.

Heck, Thanos could give this team trouble and pull a 6-7/10. Odin trashes them all.

Let's see, If I remember correctly, Shazam's lightning is on par with Zeus? Im pretty sure that would hurt Odin.

The point is the JLA have beaten more powerful than Odin. Pull up any example you want..that is a fact. Done.

Very simple. I'm done here. smile

kgkg

The point is the JLA have beaten more powerful than Odin. Pull up any example you want..that is a fact. Done.

so did the FF

Beyonder
Let's see, If I remember correctly, Shazam's lightning is on par with Zeus? Im pretty sure that would hurt Odin.

Again, how did they beat the Imp?

Superman's beaten a 5th D Imp before. It doesn't mean he'll beat Thanos. If Thanos were to say his name backwards to amuse himself, Clark's head would be twisted 180 degrees backwards by Thanos.

And no, CM's lightning isn't equal to Zeus. If they are, DC Zeus < Marvel Zeus. Odin and Zeus are near equals. Odin has put Superman level characters down in one shot.

And point to a JLA who can pack more punch than Thanos, who barely moved Odin with his attacks.

olympian
"Let's see, If I remember correctly, Shazam's lightning is on par with Zeus? Im pretty sure that would hurt Odin"

Like Beyonder said and well, its not on par. Otherwise Superman wouldnt be able to take several. Marvel Gods are more like the myth ones than DC. In both importance and powerlevels. Unlike DC they do seem skyfathers, and they show it.

About the Flash using the speedforce that was mentioned before. I was looking for a example but that Gladiator one that was referenced its good enough. They have control over time as well.

"The point is the JLA have beaten more powerful than Odin. Pull up any example you want..that is a fact. Done.

Very simple. I'm done here"

Odin alone has beat beings far more powerful than JLA.

Its very simple. Your right about that.

K3VIL
he has to hit supes. supes is faster than he is by far. and since supes will know hes magical, he can pummel him with heat vision from afar. the axe will not be as effective on CM because hes a magical creature. or WW. and it will do nothing to J'onzz.

still the atom/green arrow combo will take him down.
ROTFL
Odin possess the Odin Force, a source or near unlimited magical/cosmical power he can use for various effects see:
Enhance ALL his physical skills to uncanny levels
Blast his enemies
Create force fields of incredible durability
Cast illusions
Teleport at incredible distances
Hover and fly
etc.

DarkCrawler
Odin will win this 10/10. JLA has no chance.

Solidus Snake
Originally posted by kgkg

dude, doomsday could never beat JLA

he bat second stringers like blue beetle, booster, fire, ice, and to a lesser extent guy gardener.

him fighting aquaman, flash, supes, wonderwoman, martian manhunter, GL, and plastic man? (bats would sit this one out).

doomsday would be toast.

K3VIL
dude, doomsday could never beat JLA

he bat second stringers like blue beetle, booster, fire, ice, and to a lesser extent guy gardener.

him fighting aquaman, flash, supes, wonderwoman, martian manhunter, GL, and plastic man? (bats would sit this one out).

doomsday would be toast.
Indeed Guy acted like a stupid, he reached DD in close quarter distance, when he coul have
blast from distance him or slow down him.

long pig
NEVER has the JLA or Superman beaten someone of Odin's power without major one sided prep and unduplicatable circumstances.

Solidus Snake
the JLA have too many kinds of attacks for odin to cope with at once. if they attack all together, they will prevail.

DarkCrawler
Read the rest of the thread before posting.

olympian
"the JLA have too many kinds of attacks for odin to cope with at once. if they attack all together, they will prevail."

None of theyr attacks is on a level to take a skyfather. How much of Odin and Zeus at marvel you read?

Solidus Snake
i was in this post from the beginning...all they have to do is wait for the aforementioned atom green arrow combo.

olympian
A combo that was studied to work on Darkseid. Not Odin. Post Crisis Darkseid doesnt hold a candle on him.

So now that the combo is gone, what else they have?

DarkCrawler
i was in this post from the beginning...all they have to do is wait for the aforementioned atom green arrow combo.

There's no prep...they can't get the machine.

Solidus Snake
the combo will work

magic does not work on the sub atomic level. this claim was made by atom. so it will work whether on darkseid, odin, hulk or superman.

prolly not on galactus tho. he's too diesel.

Solidus Snake
There's no prep...they can't get the machine.

finally a solid arguement.

i wondered who would pick up on it first. well atom could shrink a few leaguers in there as he went and lobotomize odin at the subatomic level.

olympian
"the combo will work

"magic does not work on the sub atomic level. this claim was made by atom. so it will work whether on darkseid, odin, hulk or superman.

prolly not on galactus tho. he's too diesel."

Get this. Odin is above and well above Darkseid post crisis. At marvel Odin and Zeus arent far ahead below Galactus. If he wants he can take the team, without even touching them. He can slow time down. He can get bigger and stronger to no limit. He can draw even more power from Asgard. Darkseid.....cant.

See the difference between one guy and another?

Solidus Snake
im sorry, i didnt realize that you believed in odin so much.

saying that galactus is slightly ahead of odin. what crap! marvel has too many fanboys. darkseid is a god. in the series where the combo worked, he was back to his badass self, not the wimp that he is today. that darkseid could go toe to toe with thanos. that darkseid could go toe to toe with odin the same way thanos did.

odin is nowhere near in power to galactus. anyone who thinks so should really .....i dont even know what they should do.....but they shouldnt be reading comics.

cause thanos cannot even get galactus to notice him even if he was at 1% strength.
galactus takes on celestials and can kill them. all the asgardians together cannot.

please do some research and dont let fanboyism get the best of you.

odin like thor like darkseid like thanos have the same "human" type structure. brains, nervous systems etc. whilst they are more invulnerable than u or i, the same way darkseid fell to the combo, odin would fall. and even if odin didnt die, he would get a terrible shock to his nervous system cause guess what? magic doesnt work at the sub atomic level, and nothing odin could do would be able to hurt them at that size. if atom, supes, wonderwoman, CM, MM, flash, went in odins brain at that size, they can reduce him to a drooling vegetable. granted because hes a god he will recover, but he can be taken down

MAGIC DOES NOT WORK AT THE SUB ATOMIC LEVEL!

the Darkone
Odin is skyfather mostly likely the most powerful one. JLA wouldn't stand up against odin force even wonderwoman wouldn't want to f**k with a skyfather and she is afraid of zeus. Solidus Snake you keep coming up with bullsh** ways how jla can beat a god what next you are going tell us how jla can beat archangel Michael in a battle.

Odin is pure raw power with odinforce he can level the whole justice league with a word. In JLa #27 they whole league and reserves took on amazo and got their a$$ rape and he was a damn machine we are talking about a skyfather one of the most powerful beings in the universe. Odin has unlimited powers mystical/cosmic powers rearrange molecules at a high level, can move at warp -speed faster than the flash. Omnipotent knowledge hell will send the damn destroyer because the jla would be a waste of his time. zantanna will sh** in her panties even Dr. strange fall to odin with one blast.

olympian
"saying that galactus is slightly ahead of odin. what crap!"

Crap that Marvel printed. You do know that Thor has driven Galactus away in fear off Asgard dont you? And Odin has faced beings that are up there with galactus and won.

"darkseid is a god."

He is a chump post crisis. God my heck. What has he done to be called a god? Getting beaten by Superman? And Orion?

"in the series where the combo worked, he was back to his badass self, not the wimp that he is today. that darkseid could go toe to toe with thanos. that darkseid could go toe to toe with odin the same way thanos did. "

Post the scans and lets see how badass he is. And Thanos didnt went toe to toe. Toe to toe implies both at full power and Odin didnt went full. Unlike Thanos.

"odin is nowhere near in power to galactus."

Comics show it and support it. In fact way back when there was no celestials, Odin was top dog in the cosmic levels at marvel. Written by Lee and draw by Kirby itself.

DarkCrawler
im sorry, i didnt realize that you believed in odin so much.

saying that galactus is slightly ahead of odin. what crap! marvel has too many fanboys. darkseid is a god. in the series where the combo worked, he was back to his badass self, not the wimp that he is today. that darkseid could go toe to toe with thanos. that darkseid could go toe to toe with odin the same way thanos did.

"Darkseid is an god".

And Odin is not? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Well, newsflash, Odin kicked Thanos ass. Thanos is nothing compared to Odin.

So what? Odin takes him out before he can take him out by brains? And what makes you think that Atom has enough strenght to even hurt a single cell in Odin's body?

DarkCrawler
No, no he wasn't I have the comic right here. He didn't do anything that would have showed that he was mroe badass then current Thanos.

olympian
How did that fight went after all DarkCrawler?

Btw damn cool Sig.

Solidus Snake
and only one objective fact in the whole spiel. the statement was that the JLA had trouble beating AMAZO. of course Amazo had all their powers combined which prolly made him as powerful as thanos or even moreso because he had the strength of supes, MM, wonderwoman, powergil, aquaman etc combined and they are no slouches. however, the JLA won. strategy beats brawn.

id never say they could beat michael....michael is a different kettle of fish altogether.

we know what odin can do. odin has a variety of powers, however whenever i see odin battle he battles with raw might. the key to defeating a god is his hubris. look at the thanos fight. how much matter rearranging did he do there.

i know odin can beat the JLA. easily too. but if the JLA play smart and not try to overpower him (because they cant), and use the tactics i mentioned, they can and will win. if they stand up and pull a justice league vs doomsday stunt on him and use pure physical might, they will lose.

the JLA are not dummies. since they know they cant beat him head on, they will improvise. if they play smart, the fight will be over before odin knows what they did (re: my strategy)

olympian
And i agree that raw to raw they get smashed. What i dont agree its you using a strategy that worked againsf Darkseidthechump to work on someone whos way above him post crisis. In every single level.

Especially because mentally and physically hes not skyfather level at post crisis. He doesnt have the natural magic defenses that they have.

Neither the rest.

DarkCrawler
Thanks for the compliments. big grin

Anyway, only thing Darkseid did was him killing Batman with his omega blasts. He ordered the biggest motherbox to kill Wonder Woman when she attacked him. The fight went like this:

Atom to GA II: "You and me, Connor. Who would have believed."

Darkseid: "Who are you?"

GA launches the strobe arrow:

Atom: "My name is Ray Palmer. I am Atom. I am a scientist. And I just realized that you can see. That means that something can get through your shield. Light." Atom shrinks to the size of electron, and then destroy's Darkseid's brain with the device that shoots energy beams.

Cool trick, though.

DarkCrawler
and only one objective fact in the whole spiel. the statement was that the JLA had trouble beating AMAZO. of course Amazo had all their powers combined which prolly made him as powerful as thanos or even moreso because he had the strength of supes, MM, wonderwoman, powergil, aquaman etc combined and they are no slouches. however, the JLA won. strategy beats brawn.

No, I didn't make Amazo stronger. Thanos can augment his strenght limitless with cosmic power.

Solidus Snake
to reiterate from darkcrawler...why it will work and why i feel that atom can hurt a single cell in odins body? i repeat odins magical might right down to his cells cannot affect anything that small.

dont get me wrong, i love odin to death. he's diesel as all hell and noone in their right mind would want to fight him but hes no galactus. powerful as he may be the JLA can take him down if they exploit his hubris.

odin is and will always be a grandstander, feeling that noone can test him because hes almighty. only when he sees a potential challenge will he really fire up. hence thus and therefore my plan will still work.

Solidus Snake
Thanks for the compliments. big grin

Anyway, only thing Darkseid did was him killing Batman with his omega blasts. He ordered the biggest motherbox to kill Wonder Woman when she attacked him. The fight went like this:

Atom to GA II: "You and me, Connor. Who would have believed."

Darkseid: "Who are you?"

GA launches the strobe arrow:

Atom: "My name is Ray Palmer. I am Atom. I am a scientist. And I just realized that you can see. That means that something can get through your shield. Light." Atom shrinks to the size of electron, and then destroy's Darkseid's brain with the device that shoots energy beams.

Cool trick, though.

he bounced around goddess wonderwoman with a wave of his hand didnt he? and wonderwoman is almost as diesel as they come.

Solidus Snake
Originally posted by olympian
And i agree that raw to raw they get smashed. What i dont agree its you using a strategy that worked againsf Darkseidthechump to work on someone whos way above him post crisis. In every single level.

Especially because mentally and physically hes not skyfather level at post crisis. He doesnt have the natural magic defenses that they have.

Neither the rest.

remember magic cannot work at that level

thats my only premise for JLA winning the fight. so his vaunted magical might is worthless if atom and the DC powerhouses bounce around in his brain.

DarkCrawler
he bounced around goddess wonderwoman with a wave of his hand didnt he? and wonderwoman is almost as diesel as they come.

Wonder Woman is nothing compared to Odin...

DarkCrawler
remember magic cannot work at that level

thats my only premise for JLA winning the fight. so his vaunted magical might is worthless if atom and the DC powerhouses bounce around in his brain.

Where has it been shown that magic doesn't work on that level? And how can other DC powerhouses shrink? Let's see, at the start of the fight, Odin kills Atom and Zatanna. As they don't get any prep, they can't be ready for that.

Solidus Snake
atom said it in the JLA series "the obsidian age" (the quest for aquaman)

atom can shrink other ppl as well.

zatanna prolly couldnt shrink them that small anyways.

DarkCrawler
Where has Atom shrinked other people?

Solidus Snake
when they went inside the little boy in that JLA story. it was a one shot.
and when they went against julian september.

this is how i feel the fight would go. odin would posture as usu whilst fending off attack. every few second he mouths off how powerful he is. some heros are taken out. atom/jonn realizes whats happening. supes bails with atom and any leaguer who can do any stunt with light. atom takes off the belt. makes the adjustment to shrink he and supes. the leaguer with light powers fires them at odin. they go in the eye...yada yada yada.

a few leaguers are dead, odin goes unconscious. leaguers boom him into a black hole or something. whilst this will not kill him (thor's hammer has escaped a black hole before) it will count as BFR.

i wonder however if atom used the belt to shrink odin to subatomic size if a vicory can be won that way. if he could, odin would not be able to use his magic. i somehow dont think odin would shrink though. or he would stop himself from shrinking with that superspeed thinking of his.

rememebr however, this is only a scenario taht i feel the leaugue would win.

Solidus Snake
No, I didn't make Amazo stronger. Thanos can augment his strenght limitless with cosmic power.

whilst i agree with you on the most part with this statement. if thanos could augment his strength with limitless power, as could odin, then a fight with them would last forever. this clearly is not the case.

olympian
"he bounced around goddess wonderwoman with a wave of his hand didnt he? and wonderwoman is almost as diesel as they come. "

Wonder Woman as a godess or not its not skyfather level. Not even close. And that is if she was still a godess by then.

"remember magic cannot work at that level"

Why? They never face a skyfather before. Darkseid its not up there.

What is the certain that it will work. Odin is a cosmic being. The guy has feats like defeating a being that with his power was destroying galaxies whose name was infinity. His fight with Seth happened in several realities at the same time. Odin is not magician, he - is - magic. Your stance would only make sense if Darkseid was Odin level or above.

Since he isent in any way how can you compare something that worked and was designed for him to Odin.

Solidus Snake
my wonderwoman statement was to show how strong darkseid was. it was a reference for the comparison to thanos. the ease with which she got the lash shows that he was not pussified. unless WW had been depowered, but we will never know. sorry for the confusion. that was my fault.

why cant magic work...i explained that already on this page. when i get home ill find the book and quote it. i cant scan cause my scanner is down.

even if darkseid is to odin, what a regular man is to thor, there are specific attacks that could down a regular man and thor regardless of how powerful thor is. the combo tactic for example. the basis lies in the similarities in their cellular structure. this tactic as far as i know would not work on galactus because his physiology is completely different to anything else in the universe.

olympian
No problem at all. I recall him beating her, thing is she didnt lasted long as godess under Byrne. Was she actually still one when they fought?

"the basis lies in the similarities in their cellular structure"

I just dont see how can we be sure they are the same. Odin having natural magical protections against several attacks unlike Darkseid its another point. He has so many options avaiable.

"galactus because his physiology is completely different to anything else in the universe."

Hes a humanoid being that sprang from the late Universe. He was mortal at first. So i dont know...it shouldnt be different. Or that much. Odin also looks humanoid but he isent Human. Problem is Snake thats too much of a inconsistant way to beat someone when we only saw a Darkseid that doesnt manage to be Top dog go down. And it was designed for him. They would have to know what Odin is and how his system works before they do it. And its different than Dseid.

If for example they did it to lets say Zeus whos like Odin...then you would have a solid point.

Solidus Snake
well, lets agree to disagree here

for once however im glad to see ppl arguing using facts instead of opinions.

continued next week...odin vs the authority.

smile

olympian
Definatly wink

28Dave37
super speed is not useless at all.

K3VIL
Setting the fight with massive preptime and special circumstances means you all know Superman and his teammates are gonna be wiped out, and very bad I can tell you.
When a Skyfather use his power to destroy, he's a wreckin machine.
Anyone saw the fight between King Thor and Desak?Or the fight of Odin and Thanos?
No one in the JLA, not even Hal Jordan can achieve feats of powers like that of Odin or a Marvel Skyfather.
When Zeus and Odin fought, their physical and energy attacks caused shockwaves on extradimensional level.
If Odin just decide the JLA is not worth of protecting the mankind or is just insulting gods with their "pantheon" on the moon, he'll walk over all of them, and end his rampage grabbing Superman by his throat, with the Man Of Steele praying for his life and that of his teammates.
Martian Manhunters shapeshifter powers will not work on someone who can feel things happening on extradimensional level and so., Odin can teach WW one or two things about who's the best fighter, and show Flash that his Odin Force is above the Speed Force.

the Darkone
Originally posted by K3VIL
Setting the fight with massive preptime and special circumstances means you all know Superman and his teammates are gonna be wiped out, and very bad I can tell you.
When a Skyfather use his power to destroy, he's a wreckin machine.
Anyone saw the fight between King Thor and Desak?Or the fight of Odin and Thanos?
No one in the JLA, not even Hal Jordan can achieve feats of powers like that of Odin or a Marvel Skyfather.
When Zeus and Odin fought, their physical and energy attacks caused shockwaves on extradimensional level.
If Odin just decide the JLA is not worth of protecting the mankind or is just insulting gods with their "pantheon" on the moon, he'll walk over all of them, and end his rampage grabbing Superman by his throat, with the Man Of Steele praying for his life and that of his teammates.
Martian Manhunters shapeshifter powers will not work on someone who can feel things happening on extradimensional level and so., Odin can teach WW one or two things about who's the best fighter, and show Flash that his Odin Force is above the Speed Force.

Damn you took the words right out of my mouth. laughing

K Von Doom
It's a bit weird that Odin can teleport Gladiator to the future but can't teleport himself out of Asgard when the Rainbow bridge is destroyed; for that matter, none of the Skyfathers could teleport themselves. I say, on a neutral battleground the JLA has a chance. In Asgard, they'd get crushed.

long pig
Who the hell says magic can't work at sub atomic level? If it couldn't then no one would be able to transmutate metal into paper and such.

leonidas
<<Who the hell says magic can't work at sub atomic level? If it couldn't then no one would be able to transmutate metal into paper and such.>.

gotta admit, i was wondering the same thing myself . . .

K Von Doom
Sub atomic = science.

Magic has no power over science. lol roll eyes (sarcastic)

ImmortalOne
Yes it does, that is what we call .... Alchemy
MAgic + ScieNCE = Alchemy !!!

long pig
^^Yup.
Magic trumps science in almost every turn in comics, hell magic is considered un researched science.

so, un researched science has no power over science? Make perfects sense!

K Von Doom
So Dr Doom is an alchemist?

ImmortalOne
Yeah, who said he wasnt ??

K Von Doom
Just making sure lol

long pig
Maybe in DC, magic doesn't work on the subatomic level, but in Marvel, it most certianly does.

It's a silly notion to say in the first place, it was a claim probably made just for that certain circumstance.
The definition of PIS.

Solidus Snake
as i said multiple times....atom was proof that magic doesnt work on anything subatomic

read the books ppl

noone ever disputed it in marvel. so until its disputed, it holds true
and noone stated what universe they were fighting in.

if the sole belief in odin defending himself from atom was his magical defenses...he will lose.

long pig
What was proof? That one instance? Or has he said that magic doesn't work more than once?

What was the reason given as to why it doesn't work?

It's wrong, otherwise transmutation wouldn't work.

olympian
"as i said multiple times....atom was proof that magic doesnt work on anything subatomic"

Lets not go that rout again. Atom only proved his device worked on someone whos not magic and its not near skyfather level at post crisis.

long pig
I would like to go that route, because it's absurd.

olympian
Its all yours Long Pig ! stick out tongue

Solidus Snake
whether u believe its absurd or not, its a stated fact in DC continuity. he never said that weak magic wouldnt work, or strong magic wouldnt work. he said magic wont work.

im not even talking about atoms device cause someone said that he doesnt travel with it normally and there was no prep. this was true so i conceded taht point. then i suggested taking a league squad. anything they do at that micro atomic level will bypass odin's magical defenses.

this is according to atom's theory. noone on this forum can disprove it. all ppl can say is that because odin is a sky father blah blah blah so this or that wont work. but u are assuming it wont work. atom has stated fact. fact beats assumptions at all times. even if atom is right and but works only on beings below skyfather level, we will never know because its not in the books.

whetehr we beleieve the theory is BS or not, it has to be accepted because its part of regular continuity. remember in regular continuity spidey punched out firelord, wolverine survived rogue tossing him into the ground "with the force of a meteor" and survived when he gets ko'd by regular ppl sometimes.

so i still feel atom's theory will hold until someone brings proof that on the subatomic level that atom and a miniturized JLA cant give odin a lobotomy.
as far as im concerned, the answer u're looking for doesnt exist. however, if im wrong, i will concede gracefully.

in the end it may just go to be that they can beat him easier in th DC universe than marvel's because of different universal laws.

long pig
No.
When someone changes something into something else, (ala Krugar used a spell of Strange's and turned adamantium into paper) they would have to change it completly, right down to the sub atomic area.

If it were true, then transmutation would be impossible, but obviously it isn't.
What was the reasoning behind the theory? Magic is just unexplored science, so it can do anything and more that already explored science can.

It's not even close to being accurate.

Sure, it may be in continuity, but there is a rule against those things called SMvFL, meaning a feat or proclaimation that goes against already set boundries and power. Which is against the rules for this baord.

And magic not being able to effect sub atomic levels is in direct conflict of everything else that has even been shown in comics, therefore its SmvFL and isn't a valid argument.

Cosmic Cube
Odin wins, for christ's sake. Darksied is nothing in comparison to Odin. No one the JLA has defeated without some serious help (Imperiex) is on Odin's level.

GalacticStorm
What does it matter anyway? Magic isnt the be all and end all of Odin. He can tap into vast cosmic energies as well. Now that would work on atom.

Cosmic Cube
whether u believe its absurd or not, its a stated fact in DC continuity. he never said that weak magic wouldnt work, or strong magic wouldnt work. he said magic wont work.

im not even talking about atoms device cause someone said that he doesnt travel with it normally and there was no prep. this was true so i conceded taht point. then i suggested taking a league squad. anything they do at that micro atomic level will bypass odin's magical defenses.

this is according to atom's theory. noone on this forum can disprove it. all ppl can say is that because odin is a sky father blah blah blah so this or that wont work. but u are assuming it wont work. atom has stated fact. fact beats assumptions at all times. even if atom is right and but works only on beings below skyfather level, we will never know because its not in the books.

whetehr we beleieve the theory is BS or not, it has to be accepted because its part of regular continuity. remember in regular continuity spidey punched out firelord, wolverine survived rogue tossing him into the ground "with the force of a meteor" and survived when he gets ko'd by regular ppl sometimes.

so i still feel atom's theory will hold until someone brings proof that on the subatomic level that atom and a miniturized JLA cant give odin a lobotomy.
as far as im concerned, the answer u're looking for doesnt exist. however, if im wrong, i will concede gracefully.

in the end it may just go to be that they can beat him easier in th DC universe than marvel's because of different universal laws.

Atom stated a fact or a theory?

The Silver Surfer should be able to beat Odin, if subatomic size bypasses magic.

olympian
And we both know how well Surfer did against Odin in the Odin/Thanos fight.

Atom saying it its mostly a theory. He never faced a skyfather before, how does he knows its the same thing.

Solidus Snake
well it was a theory that atom proved.

i dont know how it explains transmutation. its not my theory. it could just be a plot hole DC created. but the fact is. it exists. and it works.

if surfer went subatomic and the rules apply in the marvel universe, odin's magic would not work on him. (according to the theory)

remember i never stated whether i felt the subatomic thing was good, bad, or a plot hole. its just something i accept cause atom proved it.

Solidus Snake
And we both know how well Surfer did against Odin in the Odin/Thanos fight.

Atom saying it its mostly a theory. He never faced a skyfather before, how does he knows its the same thing.

he doesnt know. but he knows magic has no effect on it at the level he fought at. and until DC prints something to prove otherwise, it holds true.

olympian
It was proved against who. A high magical being? A Skyfather level being? No. It was proved against Darkseid whos none of the above.

"he doesnt know. but he knows magic has no effect on it at the level he fought at. and until DC prints something to prove otherwise, it holds true"

You aready answered the whole thing then. It works with beings on Darkseid level and with his organic structure.

"if surfer went subatomic and the rules apply in the marvel universe, odin's magic would not work on him. (according to the theory)"

When someone is on a higher level there are no rules to apply.

GalacticStorm
Its almost certainly not the case in the Marvel universe because magic interferes with science there. Either way both combatants would be fighting on a neutral battlefield where both their powers would work. Therefore the efficiencey of odins magic would be reduced on opponents working at the sub-atomic level. Reduced but not nullified. Thats only fair.

However for such opponents Odin only needs to tap into his cosmic resources to deal with them.

Solidus Snake
that seems to be a fair rule.

however....for u guys and ur reading pleasure. check out the obsidian age. twas pretty good.

olympian
I actually will check that one. Been some time since i read it. Aquaman looked like Poseidon there. Pretty cool.

the Darkone
Odin sends them all to hell laughing laughing

Solidus Snake
im reiterating though, i think the JLA could win with the members given. i would have flash pop in and out of star labs and the watch tower for a whole bunch of weapons. phantom zone projector, tessaract bombs, extra mother boxes, pocket nukes etc and work him over in a series of speed blitzes. id have flash get wonder womans armor and sword/spear etc. and id have aom work him over with nukes from the inside.

most importantly id have one of the GLs make a treadmill for jay and have it connected to some weapon of mass destruction. so the flash's running would power it.

in the end when half de leaugers are dead and odin's softend after several multi attack blitzes, id boom him into a blackhole or something or an imploding star.

now when odin got out, they better have some plan for dealing with him or hed kill them all.

i know u guys think odin is the end all be all, but thanos stale mated him, and i know that these guys are more than a match for thanos. all of the JLAers could take him down with minimal fatalities. so i feel they could take odin

the key players would be the flashes, teh GLs, zatanna for keeping odin off balanced cause i dont think shes powerful enough to injure him directly, dr. fate, captain marvel, orion, and superman as a blitzer (zatanna would prolly be there to make sure odin doesnt kill supes due to his magic vulnerability).

fate would be there as well to attack odin plus shield zatanna from his attacks. zatanna would be there to work over odins surroundings and heal the league.

olympian
"phantom zone projector"

Against a skyfather who can travel between dimensions, what help would that give.

"i know u guys think odin is the end all be all, but thanos stale mated him, and i know that these guys are more than a match for thanos. all of the JLAers could take him down with minimal fatalities. so i feel they could take odin"

A) Thanos didnt stalemated.

B) Sure the Jla - can- take Thanos. Its possible. But not without huge fatalities. When you have guys in the levels of Batman and Aquaman in the main team you can bet they wont get up. In fact below Wonder Woman level, most will.

"in the end when half de leaugers are dead and odin's softend after several multi attack blitzes, id boom him into a blackhole or something or an imploding star."

Heralds can survive in black holes. Guys at Thanos level can blow stars. Odin and Zeus are above all those.

Solidus Snake
i know....when the phantom zone projector was used on Gog, who im sure is on odin's level or near so, it took his skin off. i wasnt using it for battlefield removal.

i think with a proper plan and not just brute force its possible.

as i said tehre will be heavy fatalities.

bats and aquaman and the rest who can do nothing against odin will be there to assist injured leagurers/help w/ damage control.

Solidus Snake
ur right about one thing tho and its how to put him down for the count before he kills everyone. ill work on that

the Darkone
Odin comes back and finishes the job, and brings wonderwoman back to asgard as his love slave. laughing

olympian
He prefers a milf like Gaea. Waaay more experience and not shabby in the looks department either.

long pig
Zatanna has been unable to heal Superman of his magic weakness in the past, how could she do it now?

Odin beat the breaks off Thanos, but due to Thanos having a massive, and I mean MASSIVE power upgrade by Death, he can take basically anything anyone can give and be ok.

But Odin still wore him out.

Did you know Odin can stop time?
That'd have to be handy.

K Von Doom
Against a skyfather who can travel between dimensions, what help would that give.

I haven't seen this much. Only that he couldn't travel anywhere in Infinity Gauntlet when he was trapped on Asgard when the rainbow bridge was destroyed.

long pig
Originally posted by K Von Doom
I haven't seen this much. Only that he couldn't travel anywhere in Infinity Gauntlet when he was trapped on Asgard when the rainbow bridge was destroyed.
I don't think it was because of the broke bridge, it was because the space/time/reality by thanos was broken and not really the bridge.

http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/2614/asgard7yk.th.jpg

olympian
"I haven't seen this much. Only that he couldn't travel anywhere in Infinity Gauntlet when he was trapped on Asgard when the rainbow bridge was destroyed"

As you can see from the scan it had nothing to do with the rainbow bridge.

TheKahn
hmm

nvrbeenwthagirl
I"m reading some rediculous nonsense in this thread. People saying Darksied is nothing compared to Odin. OMG! Darksied would beat the living crap out of Odin.

the Darkone
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
I"m reading some rediculous nonsense in this thread. People saying Darksied is nothing compared to Odin. OMG! Darksied would beat the living crap out of Odin.

I doubt that, feat wise Odin has more than darkseid. If Odin fights Darkseid in Asgard, Darkseid is f**ked but if it's outside of Asgard Darkseid can win or stalemate Odin.

Anyways JLA is one dead team.

UniOmni
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl

I beg to differ sick.

Odin is the top skyfather, imo.
But the oe would rape him.
Barring that though, Darky loses.
He's not a warrior born.
More of a strategist/plotter.

Priest
Odin wins

K3VIL
Zatanna has been unable to heal Superman of his magic weakness in the past, how could she do it now?

Odin beat the breaks off Thanos, but due to Thanos having a massive, and I mean MASSIVE power upgrade by Death, he can take basically anything anyone can give and be ok.

But Odin still wore him out.

Did you know Odin can stop time?
That'd have to be handy.
Thanos was able to stand up at the end of the fight, he did not surrended, but man, he wasn't ok at all.
Darkseid nowdays doesn't get respec thank to writers wanting Superman on cosmic levels, so the dark god who used to move planets with his Omega Force, had planetary level telekinesis and could own the Highfather, who is on par with Odin or a bit more, is now a huge idiot brick with eyebeams who lose to Supes jobber aura.
Odin will screw the JLA.
Major fact, he owns not full knowledge of the Asgardian Runes, that would still be enough.
Major fact, he could beat the hell outta them just going hth and blasting them, not to mention, if he summons Gugnir and decide to go for the rampage, WW should call upon her gods for a major help.
Superman against this huge amount of magic/cosmic power will fall first, then the others, Zatanna's magic compared to Odin is like a firecracker compared to a nuke.
Solidus Snake, King Thor, an unexperienced version of what a Skyfather should be, was able to check at molecular level the elements of a sort of cosmic sand which was linked to the life force of the stars, during a trial to take the place left empty from his father among the godheads council.Do you believe he can't detect the JLA while they shrink in size?Ok, if there are jobber aura possessors, I gave you that.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>