Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkCanadian
This will be my version of the seventh and final book in the Potter series. I am just making the thread early to reserve the title; when the true title for the seventh book is confirmed, I will try and get Captain Rex to change.

As promised, I have changed the title from 'Harry Potter and the Fortress of Shadows' to 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.' -- REX

Please note that the events in this book take place after the events in HBP, not the GFT.

misslilsweetie
ok !! well when are u gonna start posting here? after u finish gft?

joelsef
cool beans. fortress of shadows sounds really cool by the way, even though you're gonna change it!

DarkCanadian
After GFT.

misslilsweetie
ok

HPrOx
I cant wait til you start writing and when ar you finishing writing GFT?!

DarkCanadian
Um...probably monday to friday....if I haven't finished by friday i'll start this one anyways.

misslilsweetie
ok

crazykim
okidoki

yoda545
wen u going to start posting

syko freak
please try to kill less good people. i had enogh with that, it s soo depressing.

HPrOx
Hurry up i wanna finish reading gft so i can start rading this one

hotsauce6548
I will read it when it comes. yes

crazykim
when r u gonna start posting?

Hermione202
when are you posting ? I know you come online .Originally posted by syko freak
please try to kill less good people. i had enogh with that, it s soo depressing.
you never know what could happen in Dark's story.

DarkC
Screw it.

--------CHAPTER ONE---------
The Auburn Mansion

The people of Narfolke usually enjoyed the weather at this time of year. There would be sunny days, days of laughter and joy and children playing. Days spent underneath trees playing handheld video games with friends, days spent by the lake skimming stones.

But lately, a wreath of unknown mist had chosen Narfolke to settle. It resisted all attempts to blow it away. And since then, the sun and jolly weather had disappeared from existense. People now had to spend time inside.

And then, people had began to go insane.

Well, the derelict would have called it insane, but to the rest it looked as if the victims had lost their soul. Ludicrous as it may have seemed at the time, the symptoms were generally lifelike. They could still breathe and perform other bodily life functions, but all sense of self was lost.

The first victims had shocked everyone to a point of near hysteria, whom believed that this mist was the cause of this. After all, the front door had been ajar when they were discovered.
Doors were barred, windows latched shut.

On this particular, chilly night, a cloaked figure slowly wove its way through the shadows, occasionally stopping to check for any unwanted curious peekers. Thankfully, the windows were shuttered.

The male figure's eyes set upon his destination: A huge abandoned mansion at the end of a winding dirt path, at least another thirty minutes distant. Its once gleaming paint had faded to a auburn color.
A black cat sat watching with glowing eyes, and the man stared back at it warily until it loped away with a quiet hiss.

He managed to make it to the front door without small incident. Looking around nervously. he drew a small birch wand from the inside of his sleeve and tapped it on the aging doorknob.

"Enter." a cold voice said, and the man's hands started sweating unconsiously. He cast aside the black, ragged, traveling cloak, and looked around, eyes slowly adjusting to the dim light. A glow was emanating from one of the rooms.
"In here." the voice said again.

The man entered the room, and immediately prostrated himself, not daring to look up at the face of the other.
"So, Severus. You have done well. With your efforts, we have rid ourselves of our most dangerous enemy."
"Thank you, my Lord. But with all due respect, it was - "
"Yes, it was Draco who managed to bring it about in the first place. I shall deal with him later, fear not."

Severus Snape cringed unnoticeably. If his superior had noticed, he chose to ignore it.

"Now, I will need you to do something." the latter said. "I need you to find Nagini, and bring her here. Treat her carefully, carry her respectfully. And make haste."
"Yes, my lord."
"You may leave, Severus."

Snape stood up, preparing to depart.
"Oh, but one more thing...."

Snape froze.

"Bring Draco here. I have some.......issues I need to discuss with him. He is in the usual place."
"Yes, my lord."

DarkC
Snape Disapparated immediately after he stepped outside, donning his travelling cloak. Despite Draco's past arrogance and behaviour towards him, he was still concerned of the newly aquired Death Eater.

He emerged outside the Malfoy manor; it was said from his Lord himself previously that they would be hiding here, where no one would ever find him.

The house had once been stunning and worthy of envy on a zealous level. But it had all the appearance of an abandoned house; the cunningly engraven bricks were faded and several windows had been smashed. Nevertheless...if the Lord says it so, then he must be here.

He tapped the heavy doorknob to unlock it, and stepped inside.
"Where are you, Draco?" he muttered silkily, stepping into the dusty foyer.

As if the house was expecting an answer, an extremely dim green light materialized in one of the anteroom doorways; he recognized it as a Death Eater shield; none but the ones with the Dark Mark branded on their forearms would be able to pass. He could only suppose that Narcissa had got one lately; her son and husband were both recognized as outlaws now; she had no choices but to show her true colors.

He stepped through, and another green aura shone upon the door, probably to the parlour.

As soon as Severus Snape stepped through this one, wand upraised, a cold voice behind him spoke.
"Who is it?"

Snape lowered the wand. "It is I, Draco."
"Snape?" Eyes gleamed in the darkness.
"Professor Snape, Draco."
"Oh, I wouldn't know about that," Draco said lightly. "Seeing as if you returned to that school, they'd want nothing more than to rip you into bloody bits and feed the rest to a pack of Blast-Ended Skrewts."

Ignoring the prod, Snape got straight to the point.
"You may be wondering why I come to you. I have come to bring you to the Dark Lord. He demands an audience."

All sense of arrogance drained from Draco like a leaky goblet. "But - what does he want?"
"I am not certain," Snape said. "But that is for you to find out. If he interrogates you, be sure not to lie."
"But - "
"He demands it, Draco."

Draco Malfoy deflated. "All right. But what if he kills me?"
"He won't." Snape said blandly. Without further argument, he gripped Draco's arm tightly and Apparated.

They found themselves in the town again; the old mansion at the end of the road had secrecy enchantments on it to prevent anyone from going a mile or so near it by method of Apparition. The former pupil and teacher made theirselves unknown, and in no time, it seemed they were standing outside the front door on the veranda.
"This is where I leave you." Snape said brusquely.
"Where are you going?" Draco said fearfully.
"I have other business to attend to. Goodbye, Draco. Do try not to aggrovate the Dark Lord, for he is the most skilled Legilimens there is."

He tapped the aged doorknob with his wand again.
"Enter." The Dark Lord's chilling voice called.
Snape pushed the door open, and ushered Draco inside.

Draco immediately licked his lips.
"In here, Draco."

He froze.

"In here, Draco," the voice persisted. "Or shall I force you to?"
Those words wakened Draco to reallity, and he clumsily stumbled into the room where his Lord awaited.

Hermione202
that was great . when are you writing more?

yoda545
wow that was great keep posting dance

HPRox90
That was really good!!!

misslilsweetie
OMG THAT WAS SOO GOOD!

hpfanatic99
that was great

fantasygirl
Terrific dark. happy

misslilsweetie
post post post post post post!

fantasygirl
Be patient with him. stick out tongue

seb_lestrange
Dark, you have improved greatly. Giving importance to each emotions... But still i think yu shud have written a bit more regarding the talk between Voldemort and Severus. Some new secrets getting revealed etc etc...

hotsauce6548
Nice story, so far. Overall, it feels a bit rushed, but that would be helped by a bit more description and attention to your details.

Saratn
I agree with hotsauce, it seemed you rushed a bit, but you can improve. I like how you made the beginning where the sixth left off...Draco and Snape running off.

*Georgina_A*
It's so awesome DC love Keep writing wink

fantasygirl
Originally posted by *Georgina_A*
It's so awesome DC love Keep writing wink Wow, G, never new you were a fan. stick out tongue But I do hope they'll be more coming up Dark. roll eyes (sarcastic)

*~HP~*
sounds great to mei like how you just got into it, at this point in the story theres no time for filler you have to start going the last book should be the most intence of them all. your doing very well D.

hk_*^^*
dat was sooo good.. keep posting

crazykim
yeah what all of them ^^^ said....
keep posting

HPrOx
That was good dark!!! Write more of both of your stories!! you are starting to sound just like J.K.Rowling

misslilsweetie
Ive been gone for 2 weeks and you still havent posted ! hmmm maybe u posted in ur other story *goes and checks*

Ginny_09
thats really good.

misslilsweetie
HELLO STILL NO POSTS? WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING!?!?! jk jk take your time...

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by misslilsweetie
HELLO STILL NO POSTS? WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING!?!?! jk jk take your time...

He'll post when it's ready. Makes no sense to keep bugging him.

devifire
this is great dark i was glued to my putter 4 6 hrs last night reading green flame torch why did u not finish it Happy Dance

DarkC
Originally posted by DarkC
Snape Disapparated immediately after he stepped outside, donning his travelling cloak. Despite Draco's past arrogance and behaviour towards him, he was still concerned of the newly aquired Death Eater.

He emerged outside the Malfoy manor; it was said from his Lord himself previously that they would be hiding here, where no one would ever find him.

The house had once been stunning and worthy of envy on a zealous level. But it had all the appearance of an abandoned house; the cunningly engraven bricks were faded and several windows had been smashed. Nevertheless...if the Lord says it so, then he must be here.

He tapped the heavy doorknob to unlock it, and stepped inside.
"Where are you, Draco?" he muttered silkily, stepping into the dusty foyer.

As if the house was expecting an answer, an extremely dim green light materialized in one of the anteroom doorways; he recognized it as a Death Eater shield; none but the ones with the Dark Mark branded on their forearms would be able to pass. He could only suppose that Narcissa had got one lately; her son and husband were both recognized as outlaws now; she had no choices but to show her true colors.

He stepped through, and another green aura shone upon the door, probably to the parlour.

As soon as Severus Snape stepped through this one, wand upraised, a cold voice behind him spoke.
"Who is it?"

Snape lowered the wand. "It is I, Draco."
"Snape?" Eyes gleamed in the darkness.
"Professor Snape, Draco."
"Oh, I wouldn't know about that," Draco said lightly. "Seeing as if you returned to that school, they'd want nothing more than to rip you into bloody bits and feed the rest to a pack of Blast-Ended Skrewts."

Ignoring the prod, Snape got straight to the point.
"You may be wondering why I come to you. I have come to bring you to the Dark Lord. He demands an audience."

All sense of arrogance drained from Draco like a leaky goblet. "But - what does he want?"
"I am not certain," Snape said. "But that is for you to find out. If he interrogates you, be sure not to lie."
"But - "
"He demands it, Draco."

Draco Malfoy deflated. "All right. But what if he kills me?"
"He won't." Snape said blandly. Without further argument, he gripped Draco's arm tightly and Apparated.

They found themselves in the town again; the old mansion at the end of the road had secrecy enchantments on it to prevent anyone from going a mile or so near it by method of Apparition. The former pupil and teacher made theirselves unknown, and in no time, it seemed they were standing outside the front door on the veranda.
"This is where I leave you." Snape said brusquely.
"Where are you going?" Draco said fearfully.
"I have other business to attend to. Goodbye, Draco. Do try not to aggrovate the Dark Lord, for he is the most skilled Legilimens there is."

He tapped the aged doorknob with his wand again.
"Enter." The Dark Lord's chilling voice called.
Snape pushed the door open, and ushered Draco inside.

Draco immediately licked his lips.
"In here, Draco."

He froze.

"In here, Draco," the voice persisted. "Or shall I force you to?"
Those words wakened Draco to reallity, and he clumsily stumbled into the room where his Lord awaited.
Lord Voldemort stood with his back to the quivering figure near the door. Malfoy immediately flung himself on his face before his lord.

Voldemort did not immediately speak, but slowly paced about. Draco dared not look up, instead contenting himself with the swish of his cloak; the footsteps slient. Still, Draco could feel the Dark Lord's penetrating gaze pierce his skin like a needle.

Finally, he spoke. "So. From what Severus has informed me of, it was he who destroyed the chief Mudblood, Draco. Not you. You have failed me."

Draco trembled violently, his knees beating a tremor against the aged, dusty wood. However, he did not speak, sensing that this was not the correct time.

Voldemort turned, the robbs stopped right in front of Draco's face. "And what have you to say for yourself, Draco?"

"My Lord," Draco croaked lamely. "I am.....so sorry..."

"I see." Voldemort said icily. "You are sorry."
Draco swallowed.
"Despite your...personal failure, shall we call it....the overall goal was a success. Dumbledore is dead. And that is the reason why I have decided to spare you."

Malfoy breathed again.

"However, you have not answered me this yet; why did you hesitate? There was the most glorious chance in the world; he was defenceless, at your feet, and yet you could not bring yourself to kill him. Why?"

"I - I was scared, my lord..."

"Scared of what?" Voldemort said quietly. "His corpse falling on you?"
Draco chose not to answer. The Dark Lord sighed, almost as if he were a chastising parent. "You fear condemnnation. Do not try to hide your thoughts, Draco, for you already know that I am the greatest Legilimens this world has ever known." He abruptly changed the subject.
"Do you know where we are, Draco? What this place was?"
"No, my Lord." Draco said, confused.
"This is where my uncle committed his first murder," Voldemort said. "He did it for fun. Killed seven Muggles. An entire family; no one was spared, not even the children."

Malfoy remained silent.

"The Muggle police fools came. Of course, they could never find out who did it. There were tales spread that the seven ghosts haunted the house. Even if one was brave enough to confront these so called spirits of the dead, they would not have lived three days after, such was the cursing ability of my uncle. Thus, he was branded the murderer, but no one could ever prove he did it. Both the magical and Muggle communities hated him. Do not speak of condemnation or fear to me, Draco, for you have known precious little of either....yet."

He raised his wand. "And now...a little reminder of why you do not fail Lord Voldemort."

Draco's screams were lost in the mansion. But the Dark Lord's ability was so much more accomplished than that of his uncle; no one outside the old, auburn mansion heard so much as a whisper.

hotsauce6548
Nice. This story is really intriguing. Keep it up! big grin

DarkC
---CHAPTER TWO---
A Bump in the Night

There was not much that could be said about the town of Little Whinging, Surrey, unless one counted the unusual weather for this time of year. Normally, people would be complaining about the warm weather and donning loose clothing, tending to their precious gardens, and several dozen other summer routines. However, this was not the case.
The chill surrounding the air in its cold grip was very questionable at this time of year, but had never happened before. The local weather sections in the newspapers and televisions had dubbed it a sort of bizarre "high pressure" area, and everyone had believed them, thinking the weather reporters to be right each time.

No one really cared for explanations much anyways at that time, instead giving themselves up to turn the heater on and either curl up in front of the television or go on the computer.

But at this late hour, the only activity present was sleeping. The only light came from the dimly lit streetlamps every few steps. A chill breeze crept through the air. The half moon emerged from hiding behind a unyielding cloud, casting tentrils of silver light upon the face of the sleeping town. Everything was dead silent.

Except for outside number four, Privet Drive.

A sharp crack sounded, and a tall male figure tumbled to the pavement, cursing quietly. Not half a second later, another crack split the silence like a gun, and a female figure emerged from nowhere, stepping over the male, now getting up.
"Think anyone heard?" The female said anxiously.
"I don't know," the male grunted. "But we'd better get out of sight."
"You and your 'Forget the Put-Outer'." the female said, slightly sourly. Then her tone softened. "Are you sure this is the place?"

The male figure chuckled quietly. "Course it is, having rescued him from it in the dead of night."

mcd222
write moor of the story its good

HPRox90
Great!!! Post more!!!

DarkC
A light snoring was all that was heard in the dreary mess of Harry Potter's bedroom.

Several hours before, he had been counting down the hours until midnight; it was his birthday and he was eager to try some magic on his own without punishment. Of course, he could not guarantee that the moment he started using magic that the Ministry would be sending him a little reminder, but it was worth a shot. The general magical population thought him a hero, and would generally be peeved if he was contradicted for a little excitement. Of course, Harry couldn't really have cared less if he was punished. He didn't really care for much anymore.
Of course, he was eager to visit the Burrow yet again, in anticipation of Fleur Delacour and Bill Weasley's wedding. He had known and known of the pair for quite some time;Fleur from the Triwizard Tournament in his fourth year, while Bill Weasley was the eldest brother of his best friend, Ron.
But now he was soundly asleep, wand dangling from his right hand and a slightly crumpled note from Ron.

Dear Harry,
Dad gave us the go-ahead for the invites! We're coming to get you on your birthday, and then we can have your birthday tea several days before the wedding starts. A lot of people wanted to come; the entire Order's coming, Seamus, Neville and his grandmother. The list goes on.
Hoping to see you soon,
--Ron

This would make a great combination to Harry; he could spend the day terrorizing the Dursleys with magic, and look forward to a visit from the Weasleys.

Of course, he was completely unaware of just how early Ron would come get him. Even more so the fact that Ron, in fact, was looking through the window at his form in repose.
"Doesn't he look so lovely." Ron grinned at Hermione beside him. They were both gliding on brooms; Ron on his Cleansweep Eleven, Hermione on one of the twin's brooms.

"I don't see how that could even be considered comfortable." said Hermione, frowning. "He's sprawled out in a chair."
"You wake him."
She sighed. "As you wish." Hermione tapped her wand on the window.

Harry was awakened by a soft tapping noise. He rolled over sleepily, eyes still closed.
"Hedwig, it's too late. Y'know, it's not customary to wake your own master up in the dead of night just to make him open the window."

When none of her annoyed hoot or impatient click of her beak came, he opened his eyes and saw his owl staring not at him, but at the window. Harry was suddenly aware that two silhouettes were there; he tightened his grip on his wand momentarily, but relaxed when the silhouettes came into focus.

One was rather tall and gangly, while the other had a large mane of unusually bushy hair.

Harry grinned, for the first time for a very long period.

mcd222
write moor of the story its good

devifire
please please please write more

misslilsweetie
KEEP GOING KEEP GOING

jlee17xoxo412
i read allot here but this story has to be one of the best. this is amazing. I'm a struggling wighter myself so i no this must of took some time.you barley even have errors in your story. Amazing. please keep going this story is so awesome. i really like how you name the chapters, allot of people don't do that in here. wow you could make as a real wighter.Well please please please wright some more today.

hotsauce6548
Very nice, Dark. Keep it up. smile

fantasygirl
I love it so far. happy

jlee17xoxo412
please please wright more

besbball917
Please write more!!! reading

DarkC
"Oh, look, he sees us." Ron Weasley's voice said. "Come on, mate. Off your hunkers."

Harry strode to the window quickly and opened it. He noticed that both of them were seemingly levitating on brooms. "How're you two?"

Hermione beamed at him through the darkness. "Great. I'm allowed to use magic at home; Mum and dad were quite impressed, I must say."
"And dad said that mum and Fleur would go ballistic if you couldn't make it to the wedding. So we're here to fetch you."

Harry beamed. "Good....I suppose I'd better pack..."

"Oh, we'll help!" Hermione said brightly. She tried to crawl in, but some of her bushy hair caught on the windowsill. "Ah. Ow."
Ron chuckled and patted her back. Hermione was forced to use a Severing Charm to undo her hair.
Harry started packing all his books and belongings over the years. The bundled Sneakoscope he had gotten from Ron for his thirteenth birthday, the photo album of his family from Hagrid in his first year, his Firebolt...all those piled into a rather battered old trunk in the corner of his room.

Ron stared blankly. "Harry, what're you doing?"
"Packing." Harry said, perplexed.
"You know you're of age now, right?"

In the excitement of the moment, Harry had forgotten that he was allowed to use magic now that he was seventeen.

"Oh - right." he stepped back, picked up his wand, and racked his brains as to how to pack with magic. He had seen Tonks do it once.
Finally, he complied with a wide sweeping motion of his wand towards the truck; everything went wild and missed completely. Ron was hit in the face with several pairs of underwear.
"Really." he muttered, throwing them off his face into the trunk.
"Sorry." Harry could not help sniggering.

Hermione stepped forwards. "Oh, let me have a go, Harry. I've practised it before."
She went through the exact same motion, and everything rose up and piled neatly into the trunk. Harry took a quick peek and decided that even Mrs. Weasley would be hard pressed to make it neater.
He bewitched the trunk to make it super light, and handed it to Ron, who quickly dipped to the ground.
"Here, give me Hedwig." Hermione said urgently. Harry handed her the cage. Finally, Ron hovered outside Harry's window. "Well, come on then."

Harry was halfway to the window when suddenly he remembered something and froze.
"What?" Ron hissed impatiently.
"The Dursleys. I'll probably never see them again."
Ron was incredulous. "You're not going to wake them up and tell them, are you?"
Harry laughed. "Of course not. But I need to write them something, it's the least they deserve. I don't suppose you have any parchment on you?"
"As a matter of fact, I do." Ron recalled, and tossed a slightly crumpled sheaf of parchment in Harry's direction. It turned out to be the remnants of a failed letter, but the recipient's name was scribbled out.

He ran to the desk, took out a spare bottle of ink and a quill from his pockey and wrote a quick note.

To the Dursleys...

We may never see each other again, so I bid you farewell and good luck for the future.

--Harry

He couldn't think of anything else to write, but added a cheeky postscript.

P.S. You should really get an electronic lock so that Dudley can't get at the larder.

Smiling slightly, he recalled the former Minister of Magic's words. I'm sure you are fond of each other...er....very deep down.
"Let's go." he told Ron, after clambering onto the back of his broom.
"Excellent." Ron said. "Oh, we need to get you your Apparating License after. Dad's taking you."

They landed. Ron gripped his broom and Harry's trunk in one hand and Harry's forearm in the other; as did Hermione, carrying her borrowed broom and an anxious Hedwig in the other.
"Ready?" Hermione asked.
Harry took one last look back at Number Four, Privet Drive.

"Ready." he said, not looking back, and bracing himself.
They disapparated.

HPRox90
Great!!! Post more soon plzzzzzzz!!!

Blue450Rider
Excellent story.

devifire
more please i think your storys are some of the best i have read well done and keep it up

jlee17xoxo412
i can't wait till u post more and i hope thats soon

HPrOx
that was really good post more soon

hotsauce6548
Very nice. big grin

jlee17xoxo412
u haven't been on in a while but of coures i love your story

paliwal_ruppal
When r u writing more?

DarkC
Oh right, I started a seventh one.

Umm, as soon as I finish my version of the sixth, which shouldn't be long now.

besbball917
this is really good!!

deathgod
plsss continue

hey dudes
this is good... iv just finished ur other book n that was awsam... whan r u going to finish it

DarkC
The next post in that one will be the final one.

deathgod
plsss post soon the continuation of this

hey dudes
plz post in any 1 of dem

lzyjosh
hey dark where did u go???
dun tell me u're gonna quit now surely?
ur stories are too fantastic!

lzyjosh
hey please start writing again...you're the best one in the forums...
everyone keeps writing bullshits like love and sex..but ur's real clean and cool...
continue man

DarkC
Uhm....I'll start tomorrow.

besbball917
Yay!
I can't wait!

lzyjosh
woohoo!
can't w8 too

DarkC
"Oh, look, he sees us." Ron Weasley's voice said. "Come on, mate. Off your hunkers."

Harry strode to the window quickly and opened it. He noticed that both of them were seemingly levitating on brooms. "How're you two?"

Hermione beamed at him through the darkness. "Great. I'm allowed to use magic at home; Mum and dad were quite impressed, I must say."
"And dad said that mum and Fleur would go ballistic if you couldn't make it to the wedding. So we're here to fetch you."

Harry beamed. "Good....I suppose I'd better pack..."

"Oh, we'll help!" Hermione said brightly. She tried to crawl in, but some of her bushy hair caught on the windowsill. "Ah. Ow."
Ron chuckled and patted her back. Hermione was forced to use a Severing Charm to undo her hair.
Harry started packing all his books and belongings over the years. The bundled Sneakoscope he had gotten from Ron for his thirteenth birthday, the photo album of his family from Hagrid in his first year, his Firebolt...all those piled into a rather battered old trunk in the corner of his room.

Ron stared blankly. "Harry, what're you doing?"
"Packing." Harry said, perplexed.
"You know you're of age now, right?"

In the excitement of the moment, Harry had forgotten that he was allowed to use magic now that he was seventeen.

"Oh - right." he stepped back, picked up his wand, and racked his brains as to how to pack with magic. He had seen Tonks do it once.
Finally, he complied with a wide sweeping motion of his wand towards the truck; everything went wild and missed completely. Ron was hit in the face with several pairs of underwear.
"Really." he muttered, throwing them off his face into the trunk.
"Sorry." Harry could not help sniggering.

Hermione stepped forwards. "Oh, let me have a go, Harry. I've practised it before."
She went through the exact same motion, and everything rose up and piled neatly into the trunk. Harry took a quick peek and decided that even Mrs. Weasley would be hard pressed to make it neater.
He bewitched the trunk to make it super light, and handed it to Ron, who quickly dipped to the ground.
"Here, give me Hedwig." Hermione said urgently. Harry handed her the cage. Finally, Ron hovered outside Harry's window. "Well, come on then."

Harry was halfway to the window when suddenly he remembered something and froze.
"What?" Ron hissed impatiently.
"The Dursleys. I'll probably never see them again."
Ron was incredulous. "You're not going to wake them up and tell them, are you?"
Harry laughed. "Of course not. But I need to write them something, it's the least they deserve. I don't suppose you have any parchment on you?"
"As a matter of fact, I do." Ron recalled, and tossed a slightly crumpled sheaf of parchment in Harry's direction. It turned out to be the remnants of a failed letter, but the recipient's name was scribbled out.

He ran to the desk, took out a spare bottle of ink and a quill from his pockey and wrote a quick note.

To the Dursleys...

We may never see each other again, so I bid you farewell and good luck for the future.

--Harry

He couldn't think of anything else to write, but added a cheeky postscript.

P.S. You should really get an electronic lock so that Dudley can't get at the larder.

Smiling slightly, he recalled the former Minister of Magic's words. I'm sure you are fond of each other...er....very deep down.
"Let's go." he told Ron, after clambering onto the back of his broom.
"Excellent." Ron said. "Oh, we need to get you your Apparating License after. Dad's taking you."

They landed. Ron gripped his broom and Harry's trunk in one hand and Harry's forearm in the other; as did Hermione, carrying her borrowed broom and an anxious Hedwig in the other.
"Ready?" Hermione asked.
Harry took one last look back at Number Four, Privet Drive.

"Ready." he said, not looking back, and bracing himself.
They disapparated.
Once more, Harry was put through the sensation of being crushed to death momentarily.

No wonder some people prefer broomsticks, he thought, gasping.

"By the way, Harry," Ron's voice said nonchalantly out of the sudden darkness. "Happy birthday. We got your presents, they're up in our room. But you're not allowed to open them until morning."

"I put an enchantment on them just to make sure." Hermione added. Harry was sure she was smirking.

"Really, you two. Keeping your poor best friend from his own birthday gifts? Shame on you both." he dusted himself off. Ron and Hermione chuckled. Then, in Harry's now-adjusting sight, Hermione looked around.

"Um, I can't see a thing. Where are we, Ron?"
"I don't know." Ron said, uncomfortable. "I thought you were controlling our destination. I just held on."

Harry now looked around and realised they were in a forest in the middle of nowhere.

"I thought you were!" Hermione said shrilly. "You're the host, Ron. It's really supposed to be your role to take the lead in side-along apparition."
"No need to prattle, Hermione!" Ron said hastily. "All we need to do is get back. I'm suprised we didn't splinch Harry, the way we acted there."

He reached to grasp both their arms. "Ready?"

"Ready." Harry and Hermione said.
"Here we g - "

There was a crack, a sensation of squeezing through a rubber tube, and they found themselves standing on top of a large boulder.

"I think you overshot it a little, Ron." Hermione sighed.
"And by little, I think Hermione means about a mile." said Harry.

Ron had apparated them on top of Stoatshead Hill.

"Hermione, you take the lead this time." Ron said bracingly.

"No way." Harry said vehemently, shaking his head. "I don't feel like being squeezed to death every five seconds."
"I'd hate to admit it, but that's the way I feel too, Ron." Hermione shrugged in the bright moonlight.

"Well, I don't want to go back alone." Ron said despairingly.
Harry and Hermione smiled at each other knowlingly.

"And stop looking like that at each other." grumbled Ron. "C'mon, let's get going."

lzyjosh
nice one, continue posting man!

hotsauce6548
Dark's stories = droolio

lzyjosh
cmon keep it up! its been two days already sad r u busy?

hpfanatic123456
I AM IN ABSOLUTE LOVE WITH YOUR STORY, SO POST!!!

bookaddict3
POST!POST!POST!POST!POST!POST!POST!POST!POST!POST!
POST!POST!POST!POST!POST!POST!POST!POST!POST!POST!
POST!POST!POST!POST!
PLZ POST UR STORIES R AMAZIN

lzyjosh
sad three days already....

besbball917
PLEASE POST!!!!!!!!!

devifire
please post yes bunny thumb up cool

rick01666
this isent gonna be the same as ur other book is it where u only post on fridays i think every one is with me when i say hurry up lol ur story is really good we wanna here the rest of it

lzyjosh
i couldnt agree more

devifire
please post

DarkC
NOTE ---- I wrote quite a lot. Then kicked the bloody computer power cord by accident. Swore loudly. Duct taped it so it wouldn't happen again.

It took them quite a long time to traverse a mile all the way down Stoatshead Hill, but they passed it with much-appreciated conversation. Harry was nearly completely isolated from the Wizarding World while he was shuttled up at Privet Drive. He refrained from asking about Ginny too much.

"How's Bill?" he asked anxiously. Bill, Ron's eldest brother, had been savaged by a werewolf the previous summer. It was fortunate that it was not the full moon at the time and Bill would not become a werewolf, but his face had been nearly unrecognizable, so fiercely was he attacked.

"Bill's fine." said Ron. "He's ten times uglier though, with all the scarring and whatnot. But he's back to his usual self, which is most important."
"Fluer really doesn't mind," Hermione said, nearly tripping over a protruding tree root. "She's been OK for the most part."

"The most part, eh?" Harry said.

Ron said, "She sometimes still talks to Ginny like she's still ten. But Ginny doesn't seem to mind too much."
Harry grunted in acknowledgement.

They arrived at the Burrow some time later on, and Harry regarded it fondly. It was the same as he had always remembered it; rickety and feeble looking, held up by magic. Despite the house's less-than-luxurious looks, however, it was wonderfully comfortable. Besides Hogwarts, Harry considered the Burrow his second home.

Harry would not be returning to Hogwarts. The school would be closed down anyways, the Wizengamot voting for closure. Not really a suprising outcome; after all, a member of the staff had betrayed Hogwarts and killed its headmaster, the greatest wizard of them all.

lzyjosh
geez hope the power cord dun get into the way again
nice cover

hpfanatic123456
luv the cover which program did u use to make it?

dark_side_boy
it was me who did the cover!
adobe photosho cs2...

honey_bunny3000
wow really good story dark post more soon

DarkC
Originally posted by lzyjosh
geez hope the power cord dun get into the way again
nice cover
No, my brain froze and I couldn't think of anything to type, so I just clicked 'Submit Reply'.

fallingoutgrl
amazing work dark!

jlee17xoxo412
nice work and i love the cover

DarkC

rick01666
wow am i the 1st to read the new post cool lol great post u need to add every day though

besbball917
i love it!
especially the french!

IcyMag3
woohoo u posted big grin

mind if you could do some translation here? chinese man here..

froggigirl5972
it says, did madame maxime say she was coming? i told gabrielle to write her a note...
french is a wonderful thing big grin

great story dark! i luv it soooooo much!!! and btw, i dont think i posted, but the other 1 was waaay great too.=D

froggigirl5972
o wait, it says did madame maxime TELL HIM she was coming, not say...oops...

Barker
Story is the Gender Man. big grin

Keep 'er Up.

hpfanatic123456
you better post soon, or i'll organise an angry mob with the rest of us! **grabs pitchfork** lol ur storie rox my sox, post soon

Dark's story= love

besbball917
please post!!!!!!!!!!!!

DarkC
Not untilTuesday will I probably be posting; I've got exams and a major English oral presentation to worry about.

DarkC

devifire
yay u posted big grin cool Happy Dance Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing

silver_stars
woo hoo u posted! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

besbball917
Yay!!!! I love it!

dumbledorez.gal
i love this its so kool keep on posting its great

DarkC
Harry had a very strange dream.

He dreamt that a caped figure in a flowing, elaborate robe of green was holding out something small towards Harry; something shiny. It was Slytherin's locket!
Harry reached out for it, only to have the figure retreat. It took no steps, moving rather like a ghost.

He could not identify a face, even; the hood was drawn up over the person's head and only blackness was visible.

"You must destroy it." the figure whispered, in an ethereal, echoeing voice. "The lives of so many hinge upon a few objects."
"Give it to me so I can!" Harry said forcefully.
"Alas, it is not achived so easily..you will have to prove your worthiness."

Harry opened his mouth for a retort, but the figure raised a hand and a light emanated from it, so bright that Harry raised his arms and protect his eyes.

"Happy Birthday, Harry. Wake up, your guests will be here in about an hour and a half."
It was Ron, bouncing lightly on his bed and vainly attempting to juggle rolls of socks.

"Next time, wake me up before blinding me." Harry grunted, his eyes still sticky with sleep, rolling over and catching himself from falling off the bed. Ron grinned viciously. "Not that side, your presents are over there. Don't want to be stepping on them and smashing them to pieces now, do we?"
"I thought you said that they were coming in an hour and a half?" Harry said, groping for his glasses.
"They are." Ron yawned. "But mum apparently slipped everyone's presents, those who already are here under your bed last night."

DarkC
"Excellent." Harry said sleepily, slipping his glasses on after he'd rubbed his eyes. "Uh, where'd my clothes go?"

But Ron was gone. Surmising that Mrs. Weasley must have taken them to wash and press, he looked around and saw a rather plain package sitting on his nightside table. Sure enough, it was his clothes, taken out of his trunk. He got dressed quickly, taking care not to step on any of his precious presents.

He contemplated whether to open presents or to go down for breakfast first; both seemed like a very tempting option. Breakfast won out, as Harry hadn't eaten for quite a while and he would be opening presents later anyways.

Ron was wolfing down toast when he arrived at the table.
"Really, can you please keep it down to a dull chomp." said Harry, reaching for a stack of toast himself. "Is your mum getting some sleep?"
Ron nodded. "For once. Hope we can rouse her before the wedding starts, though she'll be peeved to know that she missed your birthday party."

Both of them chuckled. "Where're the girls?" Harry asked, through a mouthful with as much grace as he could muster. Which, sadly, wasn't to his satisfaction.
"They're outside, helping with last minute decorations." Ron said airily. "Why?"
"Just wondering." Harry said, trying valiantly to keep his voice nonchalant. It was likely that Ron had found out about he and Ginny breaking up for good reasons, at least for the moment. They would try to get together after the war.

Assuming that they both survived and won, of course.

Trying not to think about that daunting circumstance, he switched the subject automatically.

jlee17xoxo412
I really love it. It's absolutly impressionnant (awesome)

DarkC
Originally posted by jlee17xoxo412
I really love it. It's absolutly impressionnant (awesome)
Thanks.

"Who's coming for the party, by the way?"
Ron chewed a bit of toast reflectively. "Well, Luna's coming, if you remember mum talking last night. Neville too. There's actually a lot of people coming early who are staying for the wedding, like Hannah Abbot and her dad, and some of Fluer's relatives who all want to wish the famous Harry Potter a happy birthday."

Harry scowled. He hated being called famous, and it was usually thrown in his face by Malfoy or another Slytherin. It rankled much more, though, coming out of the mouth of one of his best friends.

Ron immediately realised that he had erred and said quickly, "Sorry, mate. I didn't mean...you know."

"Yeah." said Harry, shrugging. "I'm going outside for a walk."

Before Ron could protest, Harry wandered towards the front door, intending on talking to Ginny, even if it was 'friendly' rather than romantic conversation. Distracted, he accidentally collided with something a third of Harry's height, travelling at somewhat high speed for indoors.

"Uhn!" Harry grunted.
"Uhn!" squeaked the other.

Both sat down hard, and Harry found himself staring into a bright pair of beaming tennis ball shaped eyes.
"Harry Potter, sir!" Dobby said in surprise.
"Dobby?" Harry said, torn between gaping and grinning.
"Yes, sir, indeed!" Dobby said, giving him such a toothy grin that he would have sent an aggressive dog packing. "Dobby has heard that Harry Potter has arrived yesterday, and was hoping to get a chance to speak to him!"

"Well, you've spoken to me," Harry laughed. "So Hogwarts let you off, then? What about all the other house-elves?"

"They still stay at Hogwarts, sir," Dobby said, his ears slightly dropping. "But the students provide most of our work, and now there are no students, ever since..."
"Yeah." Harry hurriedly interrupted him, anxious not to get into this subject just yet.
"Dobby has brought Harry Potter a present," Dobby said, taking the hint and beaming. "Dobby very much hopes that Harry Potter likes his present."

He sped off again.

"Huh." Harry grunted to no one in particular, standing up again and continuing out the front door.

silver_stars
woooooo u posted!

Smile&LOL
great its so good keep it up yes yes yes yes yes

ndfreak
i think its great i luv ur story ninja santa bunny bunny bunny alien alien

shef231
I'm liking it so far. I asked a question on your other story. Have you or do you, ever post your stories on www.harrypotterfanfiction.com?
I have three stories on there and I am getting 10 reviews a day and am on 53,000 readers. You should go on there, it is better than this. This is just a forum, that is an actual site.
Hope you start on there, unless you already have. Update quicker!

DarkC
laughing out loud I'd like to, but I have a busy semester ahead of me.

shef231
lol, okay. Its only like using this, except it is more set out. Once your semester is up, I think you should give it ago. My Harry/Hermione stories are here:

http://www.fanfictionworld.net/hparchive/viewuser.php?uid=44480

Hope some people read and review.

DarkC
I'm sorry that I haven't posted in a while; I haven't been in the greatest of moods.

silver_stars
HURRY UP AND UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UR STORY IS ONE OF THE ONLY ONES I READ SO HURRRRRRRRRRY

jlee17xoxo412
I'm sorry that I haven't posted in a while; I haven't been in the greatest of moods.

Hey, don't worry about it, okay. I just hope whatever your going through you feel better. wink

hug

rick01666
so how about a post???

ndfreak
plz tri to post soon i hope u can get thro this rough patch qik and tat you can get bak on ur feet but plz tri to post soon.

fallingoutgrl
wow really good job.

Barker
Ass soon as I bump this, a Billion noobs will pour in, demandind that you Post. erm

Oh Well. happy Nice thing going here, Dark.

silver_stars
Sirius_Rulez
Im new to ur thread and i think its the best iv read, iv also read ur other story GFT its gr8, plz keep posting i am so hooked to dis, i just luv it

ndfreak
any chance of a post soon can u just tell us wen ur gunna post nxt plz
thnx

DarkC
Originally posted by ndfreak
any chance of a post soon can u just tell us wen ur gunna post nxt plz
thnx
Week after this one.

I can actually post a teensy bit now, but it'll be worthless anyway...so I'll just save it for the big wedding.

*drumroll*

ndfreak
woot kool then i cant w8t

~Dark_Dan_Fan~
Hurry up ur story is great!!!much better then mine!!!

ndfreak
aaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggg u sed ud post this week but u havent r u waitin till like 11:59 or sumtin

Mr. Bacon
no idea that you were into this, i wasnt really myself until i got bored one day after reasding HBP, good story though, its quite interesting and well written

DarkC
Originally posted by ndfreak
aaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggg u sed ud post this week but u havent r u waitin till like 11:59 or sumtin
Nah, got writer's block.

Gone now.
Strokes of brilliance coming back. (Hahaha...kidding.)

I'll update after the party and before the wedding.

fallingoutgrl
yay!

DarkC
(I wrote more in the last half hour than I have all spring break, it's pretty sad.)

rick01666
post it then

DarkC

~Dark_Dan_Fan~
Very good!!!and yaayyy u updated!!!

mlbell
dude that is pretty cool i have just been trying to find the when the newest book comes out and found your work very impressive please post some more and thanks for the story

fallingoutgrl
good job!!!

ndfreak
woot woot u updated!!! cant wait for nxt post too!!!

mlbell
any idea when you will post again? it is starting to be a bit nerve racking, i am so close to making this my home page just to make it easier to see if you posted yet. cant wait

ewalklover
omg great story!!! please post more!

DarkC
Originally posted by mlbell
any idea when you will post again? it is starting to be a bit nerve racking, i am so close to making this my home page just to make it easier to see if you posted yet. cant wait Probably by next Friday. Promise.

mlbell
thanks cant wait atleast now this week will be a bit more hopeful thanks again for sharing

DarkC

Trickster
It's good, Dark.

I liked the previous post with the gnomes.

fallingoutgrl
great job

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>