Magento Vs Plastic Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Batman Wins
Who wins

yahman
Have you got that graphic JLA novel; Ingonita where this dude fights the Jokerefied Doctor Polaris ?

demigawd
What happened?

Batman Wins
Plastic man Cant be hurt by magneto, even if he throws a bus at him.

Sentry
Can plasticman touch Magneto through his force fields? I don't think Plasticman will be able to win this one. Not by himself.

demigawd
Magneto doesn't need his opponent to be metal or have metal in him in order to win. Magneto can just change the gravity around Plastic Man and send him into orbit to suffocate.

Sentry
Listen to demi, he's the expert on Mags. Plasticman has no chance here.

Solidus Snake
plastic man cant suffocate. hes basically immortal and has no internal organs. read the JLA series where they went for aquaman in the past.

plastic man would win

can magnetos shield repel stuff which cannot be magnetized?

Batman Wins
Originally posted by demigawd
Magneto doesn't need his opponent to be metal or have metal in him in order to win. Magneto can just change the gravity around Plastic Man and send him into orbit to suffocate.

Plastic man could strecth away.

demigawd
Yeah, his shield can repel pretty much anything. If Magneto can't affect Plas at all, because Plastic Man is immortal (which I doubt), he can BFR him.

So let's get this straight, since I know little about Plastic Man:

1. Can he breathe? Does he need to?
2. Can he bleed?
3. Does he have any organs? How does he think?
4. Does he have any kind of nervous system?
5. Can he be torn apart?
6. What kind of force can knock him out? Can he be rendered unconscious?

DigiMark007
Plastic Man:

1. Doesn't need to breath.
2. Doesn't bleed (he's all plastic)
3. Unsure
4. Unsure...probably not
5. Yes, but it would be extremely difficult, and he could wrap part of himself around to touch his other half and reunite...tearing him apart won't kill him or render him unconscious.
6. Physical forces don't do much. Energy attacks are your best bet against PM.

PM is leagues beyond Reed, and this would be a tough fight for Mags. Plastic Man actually toyed with Polaris in a JLA comic and beat him.

I'd say Magneto could find a way, and I'm not sure PM would ever get through a forcefield...but Mags would have to be creative (space wouldn't suffocate him, but it would freeze him, then Mags could shatter him into thousands of pieces for example).

-DM

Sentry
How bout Mags throwing him into the sun via energy bubble? Will that work?

Solidus Snake
noone is sure if he breathes or not. in his plastic form, he is in neither a completely solid or liquid state so id assume he had no lungs.

he does not bleed
noone knows how he thinks....all of his organs are in the same state of flux as his body.
he cannot be torn apart
he cannot be rendered unconscious by a traumatic attack

to beat him you need to change temperatures so rapidly that he instantaneously takes one form or the other. then he can be shattered if he is solid, or put in separate containers if hes liquid.

noone knows what effect separating him in his liquid form will do.

info from

JLA: secret files and origins no 3.

plas survived thousands of years beneath the sea in a shattered form in the previously mentioned aquaman JLA arc

i hope i helped

Batman Wins
Plastic man will wear out magneto then **** him up.

demigawd
ok, so now I have his measure.

Magneto melts Plastic Man with microwaves (he did that to break through a ceramic prison, and he melted through a door to ambush the X-men). There. I knew I'd think of something.

Batman Wins
Yeah Plastic man Is just going to stand there and go magneto melt me. Why didnt Magneto be melting other people and sentinals.

DigiMark007
Yeah, Mags is still on a higher level than PM...Polaris isn't anywhere near Mags' level. Still a good fight, though...and Mags will have to bring his A-game.

Solidus Snake
regardless....plass could disappear underground and mags would never find him

demigawd
Originally posted by Batman Wins
Yeah Plastic man Is just going to stand there and go magneto melt me. Why didnt Magneto be melting other people and sentinals.

Plastic Man doesn't have to stand there. Magneto doesn't sit there shooting microwaves from his hands like they're water guns. It's line of sight. If Magneto can see Plastic Man, Plastic Man is melting.

As for why Magneto doesn't do it more often...probably for the same reason Superman doesn't speedblitz EVERYBODY at the beginning of the fight, or Flash still has trouble fighting people who throw Boomerangs. CIS.

demigawd
Originally posted by Solidus Snake
regardless....plass could disappear underground and mags would never find him

Disappear underground? How's he do that? He...plastic.

Batman Wins
Plastic Man doesn't have to stand there. Magneto doesn't sit there shooting microwaves from his hands like they're water guns. It's line of sight. If Magneto can see Plastic Man, Plastic Man is melting.

As for why Magneto doesn't do it more often...probably for the same reason Superman doesn't speedblitz EVERYBODY at the beginning of the fight, or Flash still has trouble fighting people who throw Boomerangs. CIS.

Superman is a ****ing **** thats why. Magneto mad smarter than that idiot.

Solidus Snake
Disappear underground? How's he do that? He...plastic.

melt into the cracks

demigawd
He can do that? lol.

Well, Plas is very clever, and it seems he'd be pretty good at evading Magneto for awhile. But Magneto can melt Plas, he can wrap Plas up in a container and send him to the sun (or some liquid nitrogen), he can grab plas up in a Blackhole. God...the possibilities are endless here.

And Plas can....what? Bang helplessly against Magneto's forcefield saying, "C'mon, let me in, willya? I just want a hug!"

Batman Wins
Plqastic sneaks up on magneto, then stoip his breathing by wrapping around him.

demigawd
Won't work. Magneto can detect energy patterns. He was able to see Nate Grey's Astral Form that way, and he was able to see Nightcrawler mid-teleport that way, and the Vanisher before he appeared. He'll know where Plastic Man his hiding, and he'll know beforehand that Plas is sneaking up on him. And there's still that little issue of the shield to worry about. And Magneto might even let Plas grab him...easier to melt when he's not running, lol.

Batman Wins
Hes plastic though so he cant be detected. He blocks all kinds of shit like in the comics.

RSSR
Magneto should be able to detect whatever nervous system Plastic Man has...so I don't see Plas sneaking up on him. And Mags can very easily manipulate Plastic Man's body if he wanted (he is still composed of carbon).

DigiMark007
While I'd love to start defending PM here, it isn't happening. He can go through keyholes, stretch to incredible lengths, and probably even melt into the ground (as previously stated). He's very versatile, but he can't do much to Mags.

-DM

Onikirimaru
Yes, I Plastic Mans loss in this fight wont be because Magneto will beat him outright, but because he just couldnt hurt Magneto. Magneto will just keep trying thrick after trick until he finds something that works.

Logan 87
Are you guys realy serious about Magneto winning.

Avalonofthewind
Interesting battle. Plastic Man cant even be transmuted, and he has interesting abilities, but I cant see how any of them would hurt mags.

Logan 87
Damn forcefield. PLastic man would have to hide then wait his turn to beat on mag.

EsteemedLeader
what it boils right down to is plastic versus metal, and that should be simple enough for you peons to understand

NoFate007
Magneto wins

EsteemedLeader
mags could clamp all of plastic mans extremities and stretch them far enough apart that he can't move.
then use him as a living slingshot to finally defeat those accursed X-Men

demigawd
Originally posted by Logan 87
Are you guys realy serious about Magneto winning.
Yes. And very easily, I might add. Plastic Man isn't any more dangerous than anyone else - he's harmless to Magneto. He's just more annoying. Like one of those bugs you keep stepping on but won't die, and you're trying everything you have, and it just keeps limping along...

EsteemedLeader
magneto would wrap plas around his furniture to keep it fresh

Logan 87
Yes. And very easily, I might add. Plastic Man isn't any more dangerous than anyone else - he's harmless to Magneto. He's just more annoying. Like one of those bugs you keep stepping on but won't die, and you're trying everything you have, and it just keeps limping along...

laughing point well taken.

MERCILOUS
Since when does Magneto have all these non-magnetic powers?

demigawd
He has for years. He doesn't just control metal...he controls electromagnetic energy, which encompasses the entire spectrum, and by extension (Unified Field Theory), the entire physical world. He's basically Silver Surfer-lite.

MERCILOUS
Really, years now?

Can you state some of his most impressive feats?

demigawd
His single most impressive feat was opening a wormhole, to instantly teleport from Genosha to NYC. He's blacked out the entire planet and all its electronics from space. He KO'ed the Defenders (minus Surfer) in one shot. He beat Phoenix by sucking out her life force. He immobilized the X-men, X-Force, X-Factor and others at the same time by locking onto the iron in their blood and gave them a stern talking to. A half-power Magneto ripped Apoc in two in AOA. Turned Hulk back into Banner by taking out his gamma radiation. Destroyed anti-Magneto non-metal ceramic Sentinels by controlling the electricity within the circuits. Killed hundreds in one shot by shorting out their nervous system. etc. etc.

MERCILOUS
Man, where have I been? Oh that's right, I don't really like X-men too much...

Well, you've convinced me.

long pig
DAMN, so plastic man is nothing to **** with, huh?

I know nothing about him, except he wears those goofy sunglasses lol.

Demi usually knows his mags, though.

What is some of PM's higher feats?

demigawd
Yeah, Plas seems pretty damn durable. Let's put that durability to the test, shall we? I'm creating a Plas vs. Hulk thread...

Logan 87
Plasticman still beats current Magneto, not God Magneto or Magneto Prime, w/e.

Timslar
I think it's all the same Magneto.

demigawd
lol. So I explain how current Magneto beats Plastic Man and how Plastic Man can't hurt Magneto and the response is, "Plastic Man beats him anyway!".

Current Magneto = God Magneto
Magento + Wanda = Magneto Prime

Logan 87
Come on now. How the hell the man cant beat the damn xmen with this crap. I guess he mad dumb. Plastic Man wins because Magneto dont know how to use his powers well. Damn Plastic sentinals hurt the man.

demigawd
lol. So I explain how one of Magneto's feats was to destroy plastic sentinels by controlling their inner-circuitry and the response is, "Damn Plastic Sentinels hurt the man".

Magneto DOES beat the X-men. They usually win by foiling his plans, or through a coordinated telepathic attack. He's still the bad guy, after all.

Logan 87
lol. So I explain how one of Magneto's feats was to destroy plastic sentinels by controlling their inner-circuitry and the response is, "Damn Plastic Sentinels hurt the man".

Magneto DOES beat the X-men. They usually win by foiling his plans, or through a coordinated telepathic attack. He's still the bad guy, after all.

he does have the Bucket on his head. Also The Plastic Sentinal did smack the man around. The insides were Plastic too. Magneto couldnt do shit.

demigawd
When was this? I doubt it was before Magneto's Fatal Attractions power up. And no robot can have plastic insides - robots are electronic, and electronics can only work by sending around electric impulses via some kind of circuitry. But Magneto controls electricity as easily as he controls metal. No robot can be shielded from him.

About the bucket thing - the bucket never protected Magneto from telepathic attack. That was something the X-men movie introduced and it somehow made its way into comic book continuity as of last year. I don't know why, but hey, whatever makes him more invincible, lol. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Logan 87
When was this? I doubt it was before Magneto's Fatal Attractions power up. And no robot can have plastic insides - robots are electronic, and electronics can only work by sending around electric impulses via some kind of circuitry. But Magneto controls electricity as easily as he controls metal. No robot can be shielded from him.

About the bucket thing - the bucket never protected Magneto from telepathic attack. That was something the X-men movie introduced and it somehow made its way into comic book continuity as of last year. I don't know why, but hey, whatever makes him more invincible, lol. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lol, well I thought Magneto shops at Juggernauts Bucket store.

demigawd
lol. Imagine if Magneto got the M'Kraan Crystal....

Logan 87
lol oh yeah

GalacticStorm
I cant believe so many people actually thought Plastic Man stood a chance

demigawd
Most of that comes from the "if Magneto has his shield up, throw a wooden chair through it and knock him out" contingent of the board, lol.

MERCILOUS
Most of that comes from the "if Magneto has his shield up, throw a wooden chair through it and knock him out" contingent of the board, lol.

I don't think that's a fair assessment. Wood has metals in it, they are collected threw the roots with water. It's one of the reasons wood is hard. All organic things do. Plastic Man has 0% metals in him.

Logan 87
And yet this dude had trouble with Colllousus w/e when he took off the metal.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by MERCILOUS
I don't think that's a fair assessment. Wood has metals in it, they are collected threw the roots with water. It's one of the reasons wood is hard. All organic things do. Plastic Man has 0% metals in him.

It is (or at least it should be if your comic book fans) common knowledge that magnetos powers arent limited to metal. If that was the case he wouldnt be as revered as he is in the comics. The Xmen would punk him no prob.

Logan 87
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
It is (or at least it should be if your comic book fans) common knowledge that magnetos powers arent limited to metal. If that was the case he wouldnt be as revered as he is in the comics. The Xmen would punk him no prob.

They already punk the man. The man gets weared down and once his shield pops, then he gets ****ed up.

demigawd
Originally posted by Logan 87
And yet this dude had trouble with Colllousus w/e when he took off the metal.

I see what the problem is. You're thinking of X-men Evolution when you think of Magneto. Different guy, different universe, different powers.

Originally posted by MERCILOUS

Magneto's shield is actually based upon removing an electron from an object making contact and automatically generating a like charge, thus repelling the object. So it doesn't matter what the substance is, it magnetizes it...even plastic.

MERCILOUS
Originally posted by GalacticStorm

I should have been more specific, of course it's not metal it's the electro-magnetic spectrum (which I did beleive he was limited to.)

Logan 87
I see what the problem is. You're thinking of X-men Evolution when you think of Magneto. Different guy, different universe, different powers.

Magneto's shield is actually based upon removing an electron from an object making contact and automatically generating a like charge, thus repelling the object. So it doesn't matter what the substance is, it magnetizes it...even plastic.

Lol perhaps your right. Im thinking of comics with his basic stuff... xmen 90s with th eplastic sentinal ****ing him up and evolution with the russian man.

CorderaMitchell

I hate those bugs...

Scoobless
whistling

Blair Wind

electrons you say??? removing electrons.....wouldnt that mean say someone who is an electron manipulator would be screwed....or am I reading that wrong?

ashroro
Yo, demigawd, did that explanation of the way Magneto's shield works appeared in a comic book? Cuz thats not the way magnetic fields or magnetic force fields work really.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.