DoDonna

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Xizor
General Jan Dodanna should have a role in the prequels as one of the early alliance military leaders. How do you think he'd fit in and who do you think should play him? My choice for an actor would be Kenneth Branaugh(he's resemble him with his slightly graying blond beard, Dodonna should be around the age of 40). What do you think?

tainted one
you know, i like the idea of seeing him too. but my skeptical side says he may not be there, no matter how much i would like it. for example, the first time we see Riekan is on Hoth, and we never see DoDonna again after Yavin. similarly, the first time we see Akbar is in VI. Lucas has this thing with introducing some characters and then not returning to them (the same with some of the imperial officials, Ozzel, Needa, etc.), or creating new characters for a new film.

i hope DoDonna and others do resurface, but i'm not betting on it.

UnknownBountyHunter
Kind of like *ahem* Quarshie. Some characters might have not resurfaced in the OT, like Reikar because they were only prime for that battle. What if they went back home to live with their families, kind of like what that man in the movie "Gladiator" was supposed to have done. (That's irrelevant but my best example). As long as they aren't high primary major characters, like Quarshie was, I don't have a problem with a non return.

Dim
I know this is kinda off topic but has anyone else noticed that whenever we don't know what actor should be cast for a character 9 times out of 10 Kenneth Branaugh is suggested...It's happened so much that by this time I feel like I'd cut off my ears if I actually found out that LFL had cast Branaugh in 2 or 3.

UnknownBountyHunter
LFL?

Dim
LucasFilm Ltd.

UnknownBountyHunter
Wahoo! caught me there.

Xizor
What other characters was Branaugh mentioned as maybe playing? DoDonna should be showed as a commander of a battleship during the clone wars.

theEviljedi
Who is DoDonna?

Xizor
The bearded alliance General from ANH. He coordinated the battle of Yavin and gave Leia a hug.

Dim
When they were cast E1 everyone thought they would cast Branaugh as OB1...I guess everyone figured they'd replace one Shakespearean actor with another...I've also heard people hoping that he'd be another jedi, a bad guy, ....that's why I made that comment.

As for Dodonna..I think he may just be one of those that will just be a one movie character.

Xizor
Too bad, I liked him and what he brougt to the alliance.

Jedi Mercenary
Dodonna was a main character in the droids tv show. He was a young man, looking about as old as Luke in ANH

Xizor
Thanks for that tidbit. Are you imlying that he might be in Ep2-3?

Dim
I don't think so Xiz...sounds like it's not going to happened bud sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.