Superman vs. Mangog

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
Superman

vs.

Mangog

Mangog has enter the Dc universe to retrieve a special artifact for Loki, but he run across superman. Will superman be able to stop this moutain of destrcution.

yahman
This on the other hand is a class thread. Mangog is supposed to be unmatched when it comes to strength. Thats in the marvel universe though. Im sure Superman is not far behind and with his other abilities im sure he will win.

Oh yeh well played on a Sound thread, and sorry for taking the piss on the other one. wink

Scoobless
Mangog is vastly beyond Superman in terms of strength and durability...... Supes will have a very difficult time trying hurt him, let alone stop him

dvampire
Supe wins.

yahman
"Mangog is vastly beyond Superman in terms of strength and durability"

The jurgens Mangog was hardly that impressive. Thor beat hurt him badly with the Anti Force and then beat him badly What feats has he ever done on the magnitude of Superman?

Scoobless
Originally posted by dvampire
Supe wins.

based on what?

dvampire
Originally posted by Scoobless
based on what?

He was beaten by Thor, Supes whould just do the same. big grin

leonidas
thor beat him by shoving his hammer down man's throat and launching a god blast. i wonder if supes blasted full power heat vision down man's throat if that would end it as well? taht aside, i'm not sure how supes could beat mangog.

Scoobless
Originally posted by dvampire
He was beaten by Thor, Supes whould just do the same. big grin

i must have missed the part where Superman carries a mystical hammer that can vaporise the internal organs of other godlike beings

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Cosmic Cube
based on what?

Based on Superman's inablity to lose.

yahman
"thor beat him by shoving his hammer down man's throat and launching a god blast. i wonder if supes blasted full power heat vision down man's throat if that would end it as well? taht aside, i'm not sure how supes could beat mangog."

Dude i think it was a new attack, because i remeber it being reffered to as the Anti Force. Unless this is a new name for the God blast. Any way i still believe that Mangog Isnt vastly superior to supes in the strength department. I aslo think they are even on Durability. Supermans other abilities makes this a win for him.

leonidas
<<i must have missed the part where Superman carries a mystical hammer that can vaporise the internal organs of other godlike beings>.

my bad. i must have missed the superhuman biology class where it was stated that a 'godlike' being's unprotected, internal organs were so much superior to anyone else's that it requires an actual mystic hammer to damage them. damn, kg's gotta take better notes . . .

Scoobless
Originally posted by leonidas
my bad. i must have missed the superhuman biology class where it was stated that a 'godlike' being's unprotected, internal organs were so much superior to anyone else's that it requires an actual mystic hammer to damage them. damn, kg's gotta take better notes . . .

at least you admit your mistake... stick out tongue

when has Superman ever tried to use heat vision on anyones heart by going through the mouth?

yahman
"Thor beat him by shoving his hammer down man's throat "

Why can i only think of homo erotic innuendo comments about men shoving long protruding objects done other mens throats?

no: sick embarrasment

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH whats happening to me?????????????????? messed : wacko

Scoobless
"Superhuman physical powers: Mangog has the ability to manipulate vast magical energies for various effects, including projection of concussive force, molecular manipulation of others."

http://www.immortalthor.net/bio-mangog.html

doesn't Superman still have a bit of a problem against magical foes?

leonidas
<<at least you admit your mistake... >>

no, if you read carefully, i blamed my mistake on kgkg. it was HIS fault i didn't get the note.

smile

<<when has Superman ever tried to use heat vision on anyones heart by going through the mouth?>.

never, of course. but, as i've been told, oh, say 10 000 times, this is bloodlust and they use ALL their powers to the fullest. most 'speedblitz' attacks are likewise bullcrap, but you see them invoked all the time. and as i said, i'm not sure how else supes could beat him. this is, i believe, a viable bloodlust option.

olympian
Mangog wins both the classic version and the Jurgens one. He doesnt carry the firepower Thor did to beat mangog even at its weakest. He loses here.

leonidas
<<"Superhuman physical powers: Mangog has the ability to manipulate vast magical energies for various effects, including projection of concussive force, molecular manipulation of others."

http://www.immortalthor.net/bio-mangog.html

doesn't Superman still have a bit of a problem against magical foes?>.

mangog is a SERIOUS badass. he's ko'd thor a number of times. why the hell do you think i have supes resorting to heat vision down his throat??

olympian
Heck Mangog has put Odin down. No way Superman has what it takes to beat him.

Scoobless
mangog is a SERIOUS badass. he's ko'd thor a number of times. why the hell do you think i have supes resorting to heat vision down his throat??

but he'd still have to get into position to sustain a heat blast down the throat for at least a second or two.... Mangog is quick enough to avoid this from distance and strong enough to severely damage Superman if he tried it up close... Thor didn't have to worry about sticking his head into Mangog's mouth to blast him... Superman may have to consider that

Sentry
Supes beat Mangog???

hysterical

Supes beat this???:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/mangog01c.jpg

lol lol lol lol

If Bloodlust is on for Supes, it certainly on for Mangog as well. Supes dies. Horribly.

W thumb down

Scoobless
Originally posted by olympian
Heck Mangog has put Odin down. No way Superman has what it takes to beat him.

Thanos used Mangog as muscle...... that's a great job reference right there

yahman
Dude where is that picture from. That is the best pic i've senn on these threads?

"Thanos used Mangog as muscle...... that's a great job reference right there"

But Magog was serioulsy afraid of Thanos which suggets he wasn't nearly as powerful?

leonidas
allowing for the chance supes DOES get close enough to hit him with fullpower heat vision down his throat, (not hard to imagine at all - mangog just needs to grab him and hold him) are you saying the vision will not be enough to stop him? anybody? personally, i'm not sure, but i DO think it would hurt the big guy enough to MAYBE allow supes to finish off a hurt and weakened mangog. maybe. mangog wins the majority (he'd be a foe ALL the jla would fight) but i'd give supes maybe 2/10.

and that's a great pic sentry. where's it from? (and that blast might have more effect were it fired down mangog's gullet!) smile

Scoobless
i'll say it... Superman's heat vision will not hurt or stop Mangog if it hits the exterior of his body

olympian
Just heat vision? I dont see it. Its not in the same level than a Godforce or blast.

yahman
I know its irrelevant but i dont think it was God Force? Could someone put me out of my pointless misery? Is Godforce and Anti Force the same thing?

leonidas
<<i'll say it... Superman's heat vision will not hurt or stop Mangog if it hits the exterior of his body>>

and the interior . . .?

and supes vision may not match up to godblast, but as has been shown in numerous scans, it IS very powerful.

olympian
I dont recall........it was one of the stronger attacks. Anyone has scans of it?

And Leonidas. It is just not the enought to put that beast down for good.

yahman
" dont recall........it was one of the stronger attacks. Anyone has scans of it?

And Leonidas. It is just not the enought to put that beast down for good"

How durable can his innards be ?

olympian
If if takes one of Thor`s stronger attacks.......pretty much.

yahman
"If if takes one of Thor`s stronger attacks.......pretty much."

Yeh but a tired Thor was able to Rip Mangog's teeth and Horns apart using strength alone? The innards are unlikely to be more durable than one of his Horns.

cool

olympian
That Mangog was a powered down by Jurgens- he never did that against the classic version.

And well even Superman does that too, its not what its going to make him go down.

yahman
"That Mangog was a powered down by Jurgens- he never did that against the classic version.

And well even Superman does that too, its not what its going to make him go down."

But the Heat vision is likely to hurt his innards ?

Scoobless
Originally posted by yahman
But the Heat vision is likely to hurt his innards ?

debatable.... which is the problem

sad

yahman
"debatable.... which is the problem"

big grin

Ok Olympian you have admitted that The Jurgens Mangog is a powered down Mangog. Do you think that he is capable of Huting Supoerman?
I think that Superman is more than a equal for the classic Mangog and therefore he can overpower Jurgens one. The magical Force blasts are a problem, which supermans speed may be able to counter.

Scoobless
Classic Mangog wont be hurt by Superman..... he has the power of billions of beings

kgkg
Classic Mangog wont be hurt by Superman..... he has the power of billions of beings
Do you have any idea how powerful Superman is?

He moved war world wink when amped

Sentry
Originally posted by kgkg
Do you have any idea how powerful Superman is?

He moved war world wink when amped

Watch out Superman's heat vision is at least 11, 000 degrees!!! If Supes gets mad... He's unbeatable...

laughing

yahman
"Do you have any idea how powerful Superman is?

He moved war world when amped"

Do you know how powerful Gladiator Is?

He crushed a planet with wink bad writing

kgkg
Originally posted by Sentry
Watch out Superman's heat vision is at least 11, 000 degrees!!! If Supes gets mad... He's unbeatable...

laughing
11 000 degree? man you must be shitting me

There is no limit to his heat vision (it’s infinite degree)

Hotter than stars

and ya he can move faster than light speed , I have a scan to prove this
and he can move planets (size of the moon) when amp like a *****

Scoobless
show the next page.... that was actually pretty cool

kgkg
buy the comic scoobless

embarrasment

kgkg
just for you

Scoobless
just for you

that's not it... i haven't read that one..... sad

kgkg
that's not it... i haven't read that one..... sad
you should read it

Scoobless
you should read it

i don't know which story that is..... i don't read a lot of DC on a regular basis

embarrasment

leonidas
<<i don't know which story that is..... i don't read a lot of DC on a regular basis>>

aha, thought so! smile

and at least you admit it is at least DEBATEABLE whether the vision would hurt mangog's insides - allowing for the possibilty of something happening that differs from your own initial opinion is a welcome rarity 'round here, scoob. none of these debates are ever settled for the simple reason if someone brings up a decent argument people tend to ignore it or fail to give it credence because they like the other character, or dislike the one being discussed. sides are too often immoveable. that isn't a debate, that's . . . a bunch of idiots wanting to hear themselves talk. and olympian, thor HAD to blast him with some kind of god force shot - what's he gonna do throw his hammer down his throat?? who knows HOW much it would take to damage him inside? it is your opinion the vision is not enough, it is mine that it may well be. you don't know, and neither do i. that's the beauty of the system . . .

the Darkone
allowing for the chance supes DOES get close enough to hit him with fullpower heat vision down his throat, (not hard to imagine at all - mangog just needs to grab him and hold him) are you saying the vision will not be enough to stop him? anybody? personally, i'm not sure, but i DO think it would hurt the big guy enough to MAYBE allow supes to finish off a hurt and weakened mangog. maybe. mangog wins the majority (he'd be a foe ALL the jla would fight) but i'd give supes maybe 2/10.

and that's a great pic sentry. where's it from? (and that blast might have more effect were it fired down mangog's gullet!) smile

Suprman 2/10 yeah right if he is still breathing after getting hit with one punch. Mangog is like giant size hulk but with more intelligences and more durable, you would need someserious fire power even silver surfer couldn't hurt him.

olympian
"He crushed a planet with bad writing"

Why bad writting?

snoopdogg
Supes beat Mangog???

hysterical

Supes beat this???:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/mangog01c.jpg

lol lol lol lol

If Bloodlust is on for Supes, it certainly on for Mangog as well. Supes dies. Horribly.

W thumb down What issue is that from? smile

olympian
I think that one is an art made by a pro but it wasent showcased in a comic. Kinda like commisions, or a "what if i drew it " project.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by olympian
I think that one is an art made by a pro but it wasent showcased in a comic. Kinda like commisions, or a "what if i drew it " project. I figured that.

I just wanted Sentry to say it.

So basically it proves nothing. Good job Sentry wink

yahman
"I think that one is an art made by a pro but it wasent showcased in a comic. Kinda like commisions, or a "what if i drew it " project."

Sentry I just used this pic to back up your case. Please tell me that they are missinformed ?

snoopdogg
Originally posted by yahman
"I think that one is an art made by a pro but it wasent showcased in a comic. Kinda like commisions, or a "what if i drew it " project."

Sentry I just used this pic to back up your case. Please tell me that they are missinformed ? Thats why I came to this thread and asked him what issue it was. laughing

I knew it was fan art.

yahman
"Thats why I came to this thread and asked him what issue it was.

I knew it was fan art."

LOL

No defense yet.Sentry, You are found guilty of falsely impressing me.

What an anti climax

Scoobless
Thor V's Mangog (the old "mystical hammer down the throat" trick)

http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/features/images/jurgens/thormangog.jpg

Mangog V's some army

http://www.twomorrows.com/kirby/media/26mangogpage.gif

Mangog pissing on Thor...(not literally)

http://www.twomorrows.com/kirby/media/24thor157.gif

Sentry
Nice scan Scoob.

Snoop, Av, Whirly and the rest of gang just can't stand the fact Supes will lose. You guys should see the other thread where they gang up on me and call me names and stuff because they can't handle being told when their wrong. Check it out here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=356252&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=1

Oh yeah that is art work. Did I ever say it wasn't? Some of you assumed it was from the comic. We all know assumptions are the cause of major misunderstandings and fu<k up's. big grin

These are not artwork:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/mangog3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/thor2-021.jpg

Cosmic Cube
It doesn't matter... Superman wins, anyway.

Sentry
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
It doesn't matter... Superman wins, anyway.

Yup....

hysterical

leonidas
<<It doesn't matter... Superman wins, anyway.>>

you're starting to sound a bit cynical my friend . . .

<<Snoop, Av, Whirly and the rest of gang just can't stand the fact Supes will lose.>>

well, i guess i should say thanks for not naming me PERSONALLY at least, but i assume i'm lumped in with 'the rest of the group'.

and scoob, that is a good scan. it was a hellafight. like thor couldn't beat mangog with brute force, supes couldn't either. not sure if ANYONE could. but thor was smart enough to try a different tactic, maybe supes would be smart enough as well. i don't think that is partcularly irrational or illogical.

and cripes ya'll, lay off the anti-fanboyism. it's worse than the fanboyism it is intended to counter.

Cosmic Cube
<<It doesn't matter... Superman wins, anyway.>>

you're starting to sound a bit cynical my friend . . .

<<Snoop, Av, Whirly and the rest of gang just can't stand the fact Supes will lose.>>

well, i guess i should say thanks for not naming me PERSONALLY at least, but i assume i'm lumped in with 'the rest of the group'.

and scoob, that is a good scan. it was a hellafight. like thor couldn't beat mangog with brute force, supes couldn't either. not sure if ANYONE could. but thor was smart enough to try a different tactic, maybe supes would be smart enough as well. i don't think that is partcularly irrational or illogical.

and cripes ya'll, lay off the anti-fanboyism. it's worse than the fanboyism it is intended to counter.

Superman is undefeatable, leonidas. There is no effective means of defeating him. I've tried everything.

kgkg
leo you think supes can beat SS.

both going all out?

leonidas
absolutely not. his weaknesses are exploited too easily by ss - same as gladiator's. i wish i could come up with some plausible argument for supes beating ss, alas . . .

take away supes's weaknesses and you'd basically have your recent glads v ss thread. (which happened, btw in the same arc where glads did so well against ego. they were h2h and ss said they could battle forever because their powers were too close for either to claim victory) any argument i've made FOR supes over ss has always been prefaced by me saying - only if ss does NOT exploit supes' weaknesses.

you see, not ALL superman fans are illogical fanboys. smile

kgkg
absolutely not. his weaknesses are exploited too easily by ss - same as gladiator's. i wish i could come up with some plausible argument for supes beating ss, alas . . .

take away supes's weaknesses and you'd basically have your recent glads v ss thread. (which happened, btw in the same arc where glads did so well against ego. they were h2h and ss said they could battle forever because their powers were too close for either to claim victory) any argument i've made FOR supes over ss has always been prefaced by me saying - only if ss does NOT exploit supes' weaknesses.

you see, not ALL superman fans are illogical fanboys. smile
yep and even in power

SS has been said to be more powerful than: Strange, Adam , BRB , Drax , Gladiator , etc many times in different comics ( not just SS)

And people seem to forget than SS can effect organic matter as well (as in humans, and most heroes)

Meaning he can change it's structure just like any other objects

Sentry
leo, you not part of that "Supes" gang. Your posts are logical and informative. You base your posts on facts and truth. thumb up

the Darkone
leo, you not part of that "Supes" gang. Your posts are logical and informative. You base your posts on facts and truth. thumb up

I second that motion. big grin

leonidas
well . . . thanks.

smile

you guys make this whole thing pretty fun. (even you kg!)

smile

kgkg
yo leo what is the issue name and number of SS vs Gladiator fight?

leonidas
dude, i've been trying to learn that FOREVER! i think i can dig up the scans i saw on the web. i'll take a look tomorrow. i told you i think it was an issue of marvel adventures (out of continuity) and that stuff is ultra-scarce on the web. i'll have a look and see if i can scrounge them up.

leonidas
yo kg,

here are the scans i was telling you about. i'll be damned if i can figure out where they came from though. only info i have is that it happened out of coniuity in an issue of marvel adventures. not even sure which title! anyhow, enjoy.

http://img35.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img35&image=GladEgo5.jpg
http://img35.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img35&image=GladEgo6.jpg
http://img35.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img35&image=GladEgo7.jpg
http://img35.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img35&image=GladEgo9.jpg

the Darkone
Silver Surfer issue 22 from 1987 ongoing series

snoopdogg
Originally posted by the Darkone
Silver Surfer issue 22 from 1987 ongoing series Judging by the artwork I dont think so.

the Darkone
Dude I have the damn comic.

snoopdogg
Dude I have the damn comic. Your saying its from Silver Surfer vol. 3 #22?

If so I will go check my collection and read it again.

snoopdogg
Silver Surfer issue 22 from 1987 ongoing series I just checked and your story dont pan out. Maybe your issue is different than mine.

Surfer does fight Ego but Gladiator is no where to be found. Thanks for making me look back at this issue cause I was looking for this pic for awhile but couldnt remember the issue.

Thanks.

the Darkone
Who freaking cares!!

snoopdogg
Who freaking cares!! Obviously kgkg does cause he wanted to know what issue.

You gave him the wrong one. Calm down.

Cosmic Cube
lmao

leonidas
<<lmao>>

ditto

smile

Cosmic Cube
<<lmao>>

ditto

smile
lol

He just flipped out on snoop for no apparent reason.

leonidas
kids these days . . .

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
lol

He just flipped out on snoop for no apparent reason. He said that those pics leo posted were from a Surfer comic and I told that they were not and he said that he owned the comic so I just had to prove to him he was mistaken.

So he does have a little reason to be upset but not mad.

Scoobless
man i wish i had a working scanner.... i've got a couple of thousand comics i could use in reference to a ton of threads.... but if i can't find the pic online i got nothin'

leonidas
dude, scanners cost next to nuthin'! and they DO come in handy. never used it that much though 'til i joined this bloody forum. evidence. evidence. everyone wants evidence . . .

smile

Scoobless
dude, scanners cost next to nuthin'! and they DO come in handy. never used it that much though 'til i joined this bloody forum. evidence. evidence. everyone wants evidence . . .

smile

yeah..... i have a bunch of comics saved to my computer so i use them whenever i can, but the vast majority of my collection isn't on there...... i just forked out for a DVD writer so i can't be bothered buying any more stuff right now

kgkg
yeah..... i have a bunch of comics saved to my computer so i use them whenever i can, but the vast majority of my collection isn't on there...... i just forked out for a DVD writer so i can't be bothered buying any more stuff right now
what scans do you need scoob?

Scoobless
what scans do you need scoob?

nothing right now... but when things get mentioned i sometimes think

"i've got that issue.... he's described that wrong... if i can find the pic i'll show how it really happened"

... but if it isn't one i have saved to my comp then i can't do it

leonidas
when you guys DON'T scan from books, where do you find the cool pics?

kgkg
when you guys DON'T scan from books, where do you find the cool pics?
google.com

big grin

leonidas
VERRRYYYYY helpful . . . and after i said all those nice things about you . . .

sad

kgkg
VERRRYYYYY helpful . . . and after i said all those nice things about you . . .

sad
You may want to check out www.yahoo.com as well

yahman
"You may want to check out www.yahoo.com as well"

LOL

K3VIL
Isn't a bit ridicule guys like Surfer, Thanos and Terrax with their Power Cosmic control can't just levitate themselves and fly?

Scoobless
lol... he's right though... hit image search instead of regular search.... try different word combos.... for thor pics try "thor", "thor marvel", "thor avenger", etc, etc

leonidas
<<lol... he's right though... hit image search instead of regular search.... try different word combos.... for thor pics try "thor", "thor marvel", "thor avenger", etc, etc>>

ahh, a voice of reason. thanks scoob. at least SOMEONE was helpful . . .

ps-all those nice things i said about you kg - i take em back.

smile

pps-gladiator sux!

smile smile

Avalonofthewind
Nice scan Scoob.

Snoop, Av, Whirly and the rest of gang just can't stand the fact Supes will lose. You guys should see the other thread where they gang up on me and call me names and stuff because they can't handle being told when their wrong. Check it out here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=356252&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=1

Oh yeah that is art work. Did I ever say it wasn't? Some of you assumed it was from the comic. We all know assumptions are the cause of major misunderstandings and fu<k up's. big grin

These are not artwork:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/mangog3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/thor2-021.jpg

Why the hell is my name is this thread? Did I post in it prior to this with an opinion? I dont know enough about this character to even come up with a halfway fair conclusion.

Sentry
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Why the hell is my name is this thread? Did I post in it prior to this with an opinion? I dont know enough about this character to even come up with a halfway fair conclusion.

Whoops, I meant dvamp, not you Av. My bad.

Avalonofthewind

No prob. I know nothing of this character and thus would not be a fair judge whatsover.

He looks like he give Thor an extremely hard time though.

dvampire

laughing Happy Dance big grin

But I'm no fan. Maybe you're just a Superman hater, because I've seen like a hundred threads about him, and it's about nothing but trying to diss him. sick

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.