Subtle Background Characters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kalsemo
What are some opinions on the background characters you see in the movie whose presence is only subtle..... for example, on Utapau you see the really tall, red-cloaked figures and on Mustafar, you see the bulky "he-man" type characters who are shoveling lava... they don't have any real significance other than to be these cool mysterious fleeting characters. Do you think they add or detract from the overall scenes? Personally I thought their subtleness gave some scenes just the right flavor.

Captain REX
The Mustafarians look interesting to me! I thought it was cool that they are the only people to witness Anakin vs. Obi-Wan in the Star Wars universe...

And they're wearing suits, hence the bulkiness. They are actually insectoidish, I believe...

BAILY
Originally posted by kalsemo
on Mustafar, you see the bulky "he-man" type characters who are shoveling lava... they don't have any real significance other than to be these cool mysterious fleeting characters.

I forsee a new Action Figure!! These kind of characters (Subtle Background dudes) I find the most interesting..... wink

kalsemo
Originally posted by Captain REX
The Mustafarians look interesting to me! .

Is that really what they are called - Mustafarians?

Ast Rofan
I like that name, though it doesnt have a real good ring to it, not like something like, oh I dont know....TEXAN.cowboy

Ken Kenobi
Is that really what they are called - Mustafarians?

Well they ARE from Mustafar.

Captain REX
Mustafarians...haha...Rastafarians...

kalsemo
Tatooineians............

Ken Kenobi
Tatooineians............

People from Tatooine should be called Dust Bunnies. happy

kalsemo
Other subtle characters I liked were the ones who were watching as Padme's ship returned from mustafar to take her to the medical center.. they were standing outside and above in a railed off area... what were those dudes called? Were they droids? I liked the way they were standing and postering.

Captain REX
Hmm? Were they Polis Masans? (sp?)

kalsemo
I liked the way they were standing and postering.

Ooops I meant posture-ing

Captain REX
Haha, postering.

What did they look like?

mysterio69
the best subtle background character was that twi-lek chick walking up the opera stairs. there was nothing subtle about her rack though! hi-oh!!!

Captain REX
laughing out loud

mysterio69
anyone got a pic of her?

tpaquin
Originally posted by mysterio69
the best subtle background character was that twi-lek chick walking up the opera stairs. there was nothing subtle about her rack though! hi-oh!!! That was not cleavage. That was the grand canyon.

SithHappens
I like the toad like creature in RotJ shown outside of Jabba's palace.

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by tpaquin
That was not cleavage. That was the grand canyon.

Makes you wonder if Lucas CGI'd those boobs, for his own enjoyment.

Moff jango
lol

Bicnarok

Red Superfly
Subtle background characters rock.

Look at IG-88. Made a fleeting appearance in Empire Strikes Back and ended up with a shitload of EU stories made up after him, and a whole freakin' army of the IG droids appear in the Clone War cartoons.

Then there's the aliens that appear in the Cantina. We only see their species once out of all six movies, and yet as soon as we see them elsewhere we know they are from Star Wars and that they are interesting.

I think they are great and it cant be Star War unless there are fleeting glimpses of peripheral characters.

systemshock2
It's also the little human traits that Lucas interjects within these alien characters that makes them so memorable. For example the Jawas, little greedy businessmen that always hassled during negotiations. Or the Geonisians (sp?) and the way they eagerly watched during the Arena battle (like Romans during the Coliseum era).

kalsemo
Haha, postering.

What did they look like?

I'm trying to find a picture but so far no luck. It was when Obi and company landed on the asteriod Polis Massa. As the craft is coming down to the landing pad, there are these robot-looking dudes looking over. They are standing on an above-railed platform, I think, and they are only there for a few seconds.. you see them from their backs. (They are not the cartoony-looking species from that asteriod)

Does anyone know what they are called??

DuncTK421
Probably just Polis Massa miners.

Also, the aliens on Mustafar are a colony of Kubaz, like Garindan from ANH.

Captain REX
They were labeled as Mustafarians, from what I saw; they do look like Kubaz though.

DiamondBullets
Labria, Kardue'Sai'Malloc, The Butcher on Montellian Serat, my avatar.

The fool is just plain dope. I read all his EU stories and we got a shitload in common.

DiamondBullets
I like alotta the characters from Jabba's Palace: Ree-Yees, Ephant Mon, Yakface, J'quille the Whiphid, Bib Fortuna, Oola, The Fatdancer, Salacious Crumb, Malakili the Rancor Handler, and the Max Rebo Band

Red Superfly
Salacious Crumb rules!!!!!

Captain REX
Yakface has a name, Fatdancer has a name... stick out tongue

Salacious Crumb in a monkey! eek!

DiamondBullets
I know, I know

Yakface: Saelt Marae

Fatdancer: Yarna Dal Gargan

kalsemo
Haha, postering.

What did they look like?

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b62/kalsemo/polismasons.jpg

I'm talking about these guys... what species/driod type are they?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.