Loved Episode II Attack of the Clones!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zod4Life
This was the first Star Wars movie I've ever seen and I absolutely loved it!!! big grin

matreid
Cool. cool

DeVi| D0do
Your name's not George Lucas or Rick McCallum by any chance is it?

Because they are the only people in their right minds who would love that film. Oh wait... they are out of their minds, aren't they? Nevermind.

matreid
It was the first one he as ever seen...

After he sees them all he will probably realize that AOTC is actually the shittiest of the bunch.

Zod4Life
Not really.I might think that the others were better(when I see them),but I don't think I'll change my mind about AOTC being good.

Captain REX
Trust us, it will. Something is drastically wrong if you think AOTC is your favorite.

masterkit
AOTC was fine just to me the only good part was when u saw more JEDI

Captain REX
Zod was 11, btw. Go figure.

viking12344
While AoTC was not as good as say...esb or rots it was still a good movie that really had no choice but to setup the clone wars and the events of rots.

viking12344
BTW Captain Rex.....what is that picture of in your sig? Its damn freaky.

Sith Solo
yeah get rid of it Rex "gives me the willies" to quote barret from Final Fantasy 7 by the Viva la crew means what ? the party crew?!?

vvvrulz
I never thought AOTC was that bad, its better than both Phantom Menace and ROTJ. But in saying that, it has shockingly bad dialogues and acting, which really let it down.

Captain REX
Viking, Solo, that would be Palpatine, and he's not leaving until I want to change my signature...so hah! stick out tongue

Better than ROTJ? Hah! You make me laugh. stick out tongue

CrazyOcelot
People will always love whatever introduced them into a new "world". I have become something of a fan since watching Revenge of the Sith; everywhere I go I hear people slating it and I admit in some ways its no masterpiece (lalaladialoguelalala) - but it had a pretty massive impact on me (i.e I cried like a sad, freak fish swimming in a puddle of tears,) so on some level the movie must have got it right. (Besides the fact that people are, after all, talking about it a lot.)

I have AOTC, (well, stole the DVD from my Dad for whom it was purchased as a birthday present some years ago,) and I love it despite - not because of - the crap dialogue. I saw the prequels first; as a teenager now I "grew up" through secondary school with them. Thus they have an perhaps-nearly-almost- but-not-quite comparable effect on me (yes, I know there are big ass differences,) that the OT has on slightly older generations. smile

Captain REX
Hmm, yeah, the PT does seem to have more impact on the younger generation...unfortunately...

They are good movies in their own right, but they don't live up to the OT in some places. Except Revenge of the Sith...it just hauls.

CrazyOcelot
Is it necessarily unfortunate though if it introduces them to the OT?
Personally I am very glad they had an impact on me smile

Occasionally I do wonder if somebody on set was having a joke with Lucas though... "Oi, Lukey, bro - you know what would finish this nicely? A little bit more CGI...we simply haven't enough" or "man to man, what would PERFECT this scene; give it huge drama yet ultimate integrity...have Darthy boy shout NOOOOOOOOO in an original and stylish manner..."

Captain REX
Not watching the OT first kinda ruins the OT, IMO. For example, "Luke, I am your father," is completely moot after watching any of the PT movies.

CrazyOcelot
...or if you weren't in the first screening of the movie. (Vast exaggeration but everybody knows how quickly spoilers get out and about - if the "No...I am your father" line was first heard years before you were born, you'll know about it pretty soon)

You could also say the OT kinda ruins the PT, after all.

That said, I would agree it would probably be better to watch OT first - if you are prepared to end on the downer that is Ep3.

Captain REX
Episode III is a downer? I thought it was quite joyful... stick out tongue

Darth_Janus
I agree with Rex... the OT is a must-see first. When I hear about young kids seeing the PT first, it is... borderline sacreligious.

I liked AOTC because it had less Jar-Jar and Annie than TPM, and it introduced a wiser Obi-Wan and the deadly Dooku... However, the acting was at the pinnacle of "horrible" and the excess of CGI made it the target of bitterness from original fans who settled for refitted Mauser pistols, flashlight cases and old camera lights for props.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.