Odin vs pre crisis darkseid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Solidus Snake
if pre crisis darkseid could use a conduit as deliver a fatal blow to the universe destroying antimonitor, couldnt he take down skyfather odin?

GalacticStorm
I wouldnt say he was as powerful as Galactus. Thats just an assumption by quite a lot of peeps on these forums and i dont know why. He was somewhere in between current Thanos and the cube beings. Still very powerful. Galactus at least could hold his own against Phoenix for a minute or so before getting rocked, DS got punked from the start.

Odin can handle current Thanos and SS singlehandedly. I think i would give it to odin but im open to convincing. Anyone?

Solidus Snake
i dunno...he took down anti monitor using luthors body

i mean...he did it indirectly. that makes him real powerful.

odin could not survive that blow

kgkg
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
I wouldnt say he was as powerful as Galactus. Thats just an assumption by quite a lot of peeps on these forums and i dont know why. He was somewhere in between current Thanos and the cube beings. Still very powerful. Galactus at least could hold his own against Phoenix for a minute or so before getting rocked, DS got punked from the start.

Odin can handle current Thanos and SS singlehandedly. I think i would give it to odin but im open to convincing. Anyone?
Odin wins

whirlysplat
He did things I have neve seen Galactus dobig grin

Move a Planet and Mind control 3 billion Daxamites in an instat at the same time moving another planet in an instat.

With no effort or light showbig grin

Keep the faithbig grin

Understated is Cool

Stay Whirlyrock

Solidus Snake
i like this guy whirly

hes always so chipper

supremthor
i give it 2 darksied

kgkg
Originally posted by whirlysplat

Move a Planet and Mind control 3 billion Daxamites in an instat at the same time moving another planet in an instat.

Keep the faithbig grin

Understated is Cool

Stay Whirlyrock
move a planet

hey anybody at Drax level can do that sorry whirly

GalacticStorm

Keep the faithbig grin

Understated is Cool

Stay Whirlyrock

Well Galactus and Tyrants fights have destroyed galaxies. Galactus absorbs the energy of planets. Im sure Galactus could at least move a planet if at full power. Also if Moondragon can control a planet without her mind gem to end a civil war then im sure Galactus would do just fine. big grin

Solidus Snake
not with their mind though

olympian
"Move a Planet and Mind control 3 billion Daxamites in an instat at the same time moving another planet in an instat."

Odin in those days trasported the whole population of the planet to another place. A being called infinity who was his shadow was destroying galaxies. Surtur just to forge his sword destroyed also a galaxy. And he couldnt defeat Odin toe to toe.

Pre Crisis Darkseid was surely a beast, but since i saw more of Odin that impressed me overall he gets my vote.

Sentry
Pre-Crisis Darkie equal to Galactus... Wow delusions of grandeur.

Galactus is within the top 10 ethereal/cosmic like beings in the Marvel Universe. He is the equity between Death and Eternity.

Here another marvelous scan from kgkg:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/galactus155.jpg

Back to the topic, Odin wins. Not easily. But He will eventually win.

leonidas
most of pc darkseid was implied or innuendo. whirly mentioned his biggest feats. people just knew you didn't mess with him. based on the controlling of billions of daxamites and moving worlds with no apparent effort, (and moving a planet with your mind is different from moving it physically, kg - not to mention he did it from across the universe) i'd say darkseid was AT LEAST in odin's class. but he did not accomplish enough 'feats' to be able to back up a belief that he was more powerful than odin with any real 'evidence', though i tend to believe he likely was.

and that o-fx blast at am through luthor did NOT kill am. pre-c supes is the one who definitively ended THAT battle with a single punch.

leonidas
<<Surtur just to forge his sword destroyed also a galaxy>.

no he didn't. read the opening again. surtur had nothing to do with destroying that galaxy. he was just there to clean up the pieces and recover the ingot.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Sentry
Pre-Crisis Darkie equal to Galactus... Wow delusions of grandeur.

Galactus is within the top 10 ethereal/cosmic like beings in the Marvel Universe. He is the equity between Death and Eternity.

Here another marvelous scan from kgkg:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/galactus155.jpg

Back to the topic, Odin wins. Not easily. But He will eventually win.

who was LT talking to in that pic and why?

kgkg
who was LT talking to in that pic and why?
stranger and showing him his place in the universe

you know Stranger don't you GS big grin

olympian
"no he didn't. read the opening again. surtur had nothing to do with destroying that galaxy. he was just there to clean up the pieces and recover the ingot."

He destroyed a galaxy. Its stated by Odin right here:

http://img59.exs.cx/img59/5954/Thor_334_22.jpg

Not to mention we see early in that saga - on panel - Surtur doing it to forge his sword.

And here by its own words on another storyline:

http://img59.exs.cx/img59/9378/Surtur00.jpg

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by kgkg
stranger and showing him his place in the universe

you know Stranger don't you GS big grin

I certainly do wasnt he the one who had LT on the floor after he tapped into that omnipotent force? The name of it escapes me. big grin

kgkg
I certainly do wasnt he the one who had LT on the floor after he tapped into that omnipotent force? The name of it escapes me. big grin
ohh let's not get there

olympian
"I certainly do wasnt he the one who had LT on the floor after he tapped into that omnipotent force? The name of it escapes me."

eek! When did that happened?

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by olympian
"I certainly do wasnt he the one who had LT on the floor after he tapped into that omnipotent force? The name of it escapes me."

eek! When did that happened?

Check on page 2 for the who can beat phoenix thread and have a read. Please dont bump it back into the first page because i can be bothered to debate in it but i'll have to if gets started up again lol

GalacticStorm
Theres a scan. But please dont bump it up.

olympian
No problem, and thanks ill check it out.

whirlysplat
None of this changes anything, on a whim, just by being near them, Precrisis Darkseid stole all the power from a Lord of Chaos and Sorcerers Worldbig grin in two instants. With no light showbig grin

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirly rock

whirlysplat
None of this changes anything, on a whim, just by being near them, Precrisis Darkseid stole all the power from a Lord of Chaos and Sorcerers Worldbig grin in two instants. With no light showbig grin

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirly rock

I think thats mystical might enough to waste Odin and Galactusbig grin

Keep the faithbig grin

Know precrisisbig grin

Know the master of splatbig grin

stay Whirly rock

GalacticStorm

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirly rock

Took a lil while for you to come up with that one Whirly. I can just picture you desperately searching through your ancient collection.

Solidus Snake
at least he proves it.

other ppl state crap w/ no proof

whirlysplat
Took a lil while for you to come up with that one Whirly. I can just picture you desperately searching through your ancient collection.

No its all in one story the "Great Darkness saga" in Legion of Superheroes, I really sugest you read it, its still on sale in trade paperback. Thats how good it is!! Not all my collection is ancient I read Ultimates 7 todaybig grin

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirly

supremthor
i want some waffles

Solidus Snake
Not all my collection is ancient I read Ultimates 7 todaybig grin

"read" thats what alot more ppl should do instead of looking at just the pics

olympian
"at least he proves it.

other ppl state crap w/ no proof"

I didnt saw any crap here that wasent proven?

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Solidus Snake
at least he proves it.

other ppl state crap w/ no proof

Thanks matesmile

GalacticStorm
I think thats mystical might enough to waste Odin and Galactusbig grin

Keep the faithbig grin

Know precrisisbig grin

Know the master of splatbig grin

stay Whirly rock

Although he is able to extract and absorb this energy himself, he generally employs a complicated array of equipment to perform the conversion process for him. The equipment is not only more efficient than he is, but also enables him to avoid the needless expenditure of energy involved in the process

Just a little parargraph i thought you'd be interested in.

As for the planet DS absorbed energy from. Just because sorcerors live on it doesnt make it inherently magical. For all we know it was a normal planet unless you can provide a scan or two to prove otherwise. So as it stands what evidence is there of Darkseids great mystical resistance?

whirlysplat
Although he is able to extract and absorb this energy himself, he generally employs a complicated array of equipment to perform the conversion process for him. The equipment is not only more efficient than he is, but also enables him to avoid the needless expenditure of energy involved in the process

Just a little parargraph i thought you'd be interested in.

As for the planet DS absorbed energy from. Just because sorcerors live on it doesnt make it inherently magical. For all we know it was a normal planet unless you can provide a scan or two to prove otherwise. So as it stands what evidence is there of Darkseids great mystical resistance?

Don't need to justify it with Scans it is the centre of magic for the 30th century if you don't believe me read some quality comicsbig grin The Great Darkness Saga is a good place to start and Mordru was the Lord of Chaos whose power he to at a whim. Mordru in my opinion beats Strange at that time of writing.

This link tells you all you need to know

http://omega.animefringe.com/dcevents/Event_Darkness.html

trust me he did all this with no effortbig grin

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirlyrock

whirlysplat
Its actually a combination of The legion, the UFP, Highfather, The White Witch, The heroes of llalor who drive Darkseid offbig grin

He then, even in a weakened state, takes Saturn girls son from her womb, unborn and time displaces him but not before turning him into precrisis Validus. This Validus would eat the Surferbig grin

olympian
What big feats does Highfather have.

GalacticStorm
Don't need to justify it with Scans it is the centre of magic for the 30th century if you don't believe me read some quality comicsbig grin The Great Darkness Saga is a good place to start and Mordru was the Lord of Chaos whose power he to at a whim. Mordru in my opinion beats Strange at that time of writing.

This link tells you all you need to know

http://omega.animefringe.com/dcevents/Event_Darkness.html

trust me he did all this with no effortbig grin

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirlyrock

Read some good comics? Im sorry but when that description can be applied to Miracleman i'll take on your recommendations.

Had a look and apparently he absorbed all of the magic energy of sorcerers world. Well thats a bit different to converting a planet to pure energy and absorbing it for lunch.

So you've proved he can withstand Odins magic but ive got one more question:

How does that feat place him on Galactus' level again?

whirlysplat
Read some good comics? Im sorry but when that decription can be applied to Miracleman i'll take on your recommendations.

Had a look and apparently he absorbed all of the magic energy of sorcerers world. Well thats a bit different to converting a planet to pure energy and absorbing it for lunch.

So you've proved he can withstand Odins magic but ive got one more question:

How does that feat place him on Galactus' level again?

Sorcerers world is full of high level Sorcers Galactus is one dimensional he has huge problems with magicbig grin

Its the combination of the magic and the time/Spacewarping/teleportation/Reality manipulating powers that would be to much for himbig grin

whirlysplat
What big feats does Highfather have.
Read Fourth World and find outbig grin

whirlysplat
Read some good comics? Im sorry but when that description can be applied to Miracleman i'll take on your recommendations.

Well lets look at what "adult" critics say about Miracleman

Certain works of art or literature seem to acquire a sort of mystique after a while. It usually has less to do with their high quality, and more with some chain of events that has made them hard to find. Some comics-related works that spring to mind are Alejandro Jodorowsky's legendary films El Topo and Holy Mountain, '60s sexy heroine comics like Jean-Claude Forest's Barbarella or Guy Peelaert's Pravda, and Roger Corman's movie adaptation of the Fantastic Four. One undesirable result of this is the snowballing of related hype, which might result in huge disappointment once you experience said piece of art. If there is one work in graphic fiction that has truly attained immortality through a combination of cult credibility, the involvement of living legends, and rarity, it has to be Miracleman. Imagine the feelings of one fanboy, finally clutching his long-awaited collector's copy of Miracleman, afraid to start reading it for fear of being let down, yet unable to hold back his smoldering anticipation: there I was, dear readers, about to tread another milestone in a long career of comics-reading, and scared of the outcome.

Miracleman. The very mention of the name should send tingles up your spine, unless you've been stranded in Siberia for the past decade or two and don't know what the hell a Miracleman is (or you don't read much comics, which basically amounts to the same thing). If you haven't (been in Siberia, that is) you know it is Alan Moore's first true masterpiece, his first deconstruction of the superhero genre. That said, there is a fat chance you haven't read it, because Miracleman has been out of print for quite a while now, thanks to the meddling of one Todd McFarlane who bought the rights to the character from ailing publisher Eclipse, and a copyright lawsuit that also involves Mr. Neil Gaiman (who took over from Moore after 16 issues). The details of that story being too complex to describe in this article, I leave you to get acquainted with them here.

Due to the aforementioned legal battle, Miracleman is now only available as a used printing, and at colossal prices. Let me tell you I paid more for this book than I ever have for any other book. So naturally, the question would be: was it worth it?

I read book one of Miracleman in one sitting on a train trip. No sooner had I finished it, than I began to read it over again. It's been a long time since I've been so dumbfounded by a book. Probably not since Moore's Watchmen. Yes, boys and girls, it's that good.

http://www.popmatters.com/comics/miracleman-book1.shtml

You will find a huge number of reviews for MM like that on the web!

Trust mebig grin

Its that goodbig grin

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirly rock

GalacticStorm
Well lets look at what "adult" critics say about Miracleman

Certain works of art or literature seem to acquire a sort of mystique after a while. It usually has less to do with their high quality, and more with some chain of events that has made them hard to find. Some comics-related works that spring to mind are Alejandro Jodorowsky's legendary films El Topo and Holy Mountain, '60s sexy heroine comics like Jean-Claude Forest's Barbarella or Guy Peelaert's Pravda, and Roger Corman's movie adaptation of the Fantastic Four. One undesirable result of this is the snowballing of related hype, which might result in huge disappointment once you experience said piece of art. If there is one work in graphic fiction that has truly attained immortality through a combination of cult credibility, the involvement of living legends, and rarity, it has to be Miracleman. Imagine the feelings of one fanboy, finally clutching his long-awaited collector's copy of Miracleman, afraid to start reading it for fear of being let down, yet unable to hold back his smoldering anticipation: there I was, dear readers, about to tread another milestone in a long career of comics-reading, and scared of the outcome.

You

Miracleman. The very mention of the name should send tingles up your spine, unless you've been stranded in Siberia for the past decade or two and don't know what the hell a Miracleman is (or you don't read much comics, which basically amounts to the same thing). If you haven't (been in Siberia, that is) you know it is Alan Moore's first true masterpiece, his first deconstruction of the superhero genre. That said, there is a fat chance you haven't read it, because Miracleman has been out of print for quite a while now, thanks to the meddling of one Todd McFarlane who bought the rights to the character from ailing publisher Eclipse, and a copyright lawsuit that also involves Mr. Neil Gaiman (who took over from Moore after 16 issues). The details of that story being too complex to describe in this article, I leave you to get acquainted with them here.

Due to the aforementioned legal battle, Miracleman is now only available as a used printing, and at colossal prices. Let me tell you I paid more for this book than I ever have for any other book. So naturally, the question would be: was it worth it?

I read book one of Miracleman in one sitting on a train trip. No sooner had I finished it, than I began to read it over again. It's been a long time since I've been so dumbfounded by a book. Probably not since Moore's Watchmen. Yes, boys and girls, it's that good.

http://www.popmatters.com/comics/miracleman-book1.shtml

You will find a huge number of reviews for MM like that on the web!

Trust mebig grin

Its that goodbig grin

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirly rock

I dont need an online reviewer to tell me what my opinion should be on a comic. I gave it a go on your recommendation and found it be rather long winded and somewhat pretentious. But hey whatever youre into each to their own. One mans good read is another mans yawnfest. big grin

GalacticStorm
Sorry i had to do it. You know im just joking wiv ya Whirly. I will give it a go. Is it in tpb format?

olympian
"Read Fourth World and find out"

Until i check it out name one or two big feats he did, because i never saw him doing anything impressive, and i want to see if theres interest in the character.

whirlysplat
His staff is tied directly to the sourcebig grin its power is limitless (I hate saying that) he is usually under advice from the Souorce not to battle as his power is so great.

olympian
So that means he never showed it?

Ill check it out anyway devil

whirlysplat
So that means he never showed it?

Ill check it out anyway devil

Rarely, he uses it for creation more than destruction, he has rebuilt a lto of stuff instantlybig grin Calmed Orion with a glance etc.

olympian
And also saying in a very subtle way what an ass Orion can be sometimes ala Cosmic Odissey.

Wich is a pretty damn good feat, but not on Odin`s level.

whirlysplat
And also saying in a very subtle way what an ass Orion can be sometimes ala Cosmic Odissey.

Wich is a pretty damn good feat, but not on Odin`s level.

He wasn't able to defeat Darkseid either it took the Legion, UFP, Highfather Clone, white Witch and loads of others to just drive him off and he was in a weakened state at this point!

leonidas
<<Not to mention we see early in that saga - on panel - Surtur doing it to forge his sword.>>

no we don't. narration states a galaxy explodes. never says anything about surtur doing it. that's what i thought you were referring to. later when odin says surtur destroyed it, (and this is nitpicky but . . .) he says the galaxy was destroyed when the walls of muspelheim were breached. surtur did not destroy the galaxy with his own power. he has never been shown to have that much power. loki even tackled him 1on1 for a prolonged period of time. that final scan is just silly. gladiator says he can rip stars in half with his hands, too.

i'll concede you half a point though, and should thank you. i had this exact discussion with someone else only i had YOUR pov. he convinced me though surtur is not that powerful. i fogot about the odin quote though, but he'd likely have argued against it as i have. anyhow, good point.

now back to the topic . . .

whirlysplat

ZephroCarnelian

whirlysplat

the Darkone
Are you guys are forgetting is that odin can absorb all of the life force from asgard and the nine worlds surrounding asgard putting odin on the same level as a full power galactus.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.