"Get Rich or Die Tryin" - 50 Cent

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cinemaddiction
..or.."8 Mile: Part 2 - Fiddy's Story"

MildPossession
Jim Sheridan of My Left Foot is directing... why oh why would he direct such a thing with 50 Cent in the role...

Cinemaddiction
I know, fresh off of "In America", which I thought was aces, he goes to..."this"..

Dr. Strangelove
Will there be anything worse than seeing his ugly ass chipmunk face on the big screen. thumb down

Freaky Zeeky
Hope the movie isn't as bad as the cd.

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove
Will there be anything worse than seeing his ugly ass chipmunk face on the big screen. thumb down

laughing http://tinypic.com/992wz6

WindDancer
Oh God! Can't this guy just stick to his music career? (i.e. if you want to call it a career)

Ast Rofan
Unfortunatly, the MTV world will make this movie a hit. He is also making a 50 cent videogame, like he needs any more ****ing money.

jnr hiphop
Wait... let me get this straight... There's gonna be a Get Rich or Die Tryin' movie and videogame?

Ast Rofan
Originally posted by jnr hiphop
Wait... let me get this straight... There's gonna be a Get Rich or Die Tryin' movie and videogame?

I think the game is called 50 cent bulletproof.puke

SlipknoT
Hopefully this movie bombs.

Afro Cheese
Hey who knows, maybe in the movie he actually dies trying.

jnr hiphop
Originally posted by Ast Rofan
I think the game is called 50 cent bulletproof.puke
Do you know what it's all about? 50 cent, a rapper, I really can't imagine what kind of game it would be.

Freaky Zeeky
Kinda like Max Panye, I guess.

supertruper
For some reason I'm somewhat optimistic about this film. I like the poster a LOT. It's prettty cool.

MetallicaT
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
Hey who knows, maybe in the movie he actually dies trying.
sure hope so

Freaky Zeeky
lol

LiveAndLetDie
Ew....just...ew...
He`ll be a horrid actor. And the plot`ll be really stupid.
Ew.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
I know, fresh off of "In America", which I thought was aces, he goes to..."this"..
i was thinking the same thing

jnr hiphop
Originally posted by Freaky Zeeky
Kinda like Max Panye, I guess.
Max Payne? Dude that's gotta be wierd... who would wanna control 50 cent going around shooting people.

TheFilmProphet
Max Payne? Dude that's gotta be wierd... who would wanna control 50 cent going around shooting people.

People who enjoy playing the Grand Theft Auto games. wink

I've seen some previews for Get Rich or Die Tryin' and Terrence Dashon Howard of Hustle & Flow is featured in the film as well. Although Curtis Jackson's (50 Cent) acting in what footgae I saw seemed flat and unimpressive but perhaps I'll give him and the movie a chance before I do any early judging.

jnr hiphop
Hmm... I have a bad feeling about this movie though...

Neo_Version 7
I just saw the trailer. yes

Looks interesting.

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
I just saw the trailer. yes

Looks interesting.

I saw the commercial. As much it pains me to say this but it does look decent

tabby999
Originally posted by SlipknoT
Hopefully this movie bombs.

i hope the movie set GETS bombed

Mandorallen
50 cent: the quest for more money.

a movie that you may better enjoy.

http://media.putfile.com/MVI_319980

Neo_Version 7
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
As much it pains me to say this but it does look decent

Ageed. yes

Mandorallen
Do you know what it's all about? 50 cent, a rapper, I really can't imagine what kind of game it would be.

to sit on platinum toilet, press X

to make incredibly stupid music press O

to buy mike tyson's howse press R1

Inspectah Deck
You forgot L1 is to get shot

Mandorallen
oh yes of corse.

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Mandorallen
oh yes of corse.

Get enough points you can buy a bullet-proof vest

Mandorallen
and even more points gets a crappy movie about yourself!

JenR1215
I think the movies going to end before it begins. i havent seen the trailer but i watched a clips on MTV and there was a part where a girl said "Who are you".. or sumthin. and he says smilling "I'm a gansta"

What kind of a "Gansta" says that with a goffy grin on the face. Um... "Wanksta"

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Mandorallen
and even more points gets a crappy movie about yourself!

laughing

Mandorallen
big grin

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by JenR1215
I think the movies going to end before it begins. i havent seen the trailer but i watched a clips on MTV and there was a part where a girl said "Who are you".. or sumthin. and he says smilling "I'm a gansta"

What kind of a "Gansta" says that with a goffy grin on the face. Um... "Wanksta"

What the f**k?

Deathblow

Guns n' hoes, obviously. Never know though, videogames have little in common with most other forms of media so it could actually turn out to be good. Last game I played based around rappers (Wu-Tang's ''Taste The Pain'') was fun as hell. Like Mortal Kombat but with a better soundtrack.

As for the movie, I didn't mind 8 Mile even though I hate Eminem, so you never know...ah who am I kidding. Everything affiliated with 50 Cent is horseshit.

T.M
i hated 8 mile and i am not even going to take any notice of this.

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Deathblow
As for the movie, I didn't mind 8 Mile even though I hate Eminem, so you never know...ah who am I kidding. Everything affiliated with 50 Cent is horseshit.

True

ryno14141
Ok, all of u r forgetting the point, Curtis Jackson(50 Cent), made the movie to follow up on his book (From Pieces To Weight) based on his life. And 50 has changed over the past few years, he was hustling on the streets but know hes a changed man, u guys don't know anything about 50

Ronny
oh...god... iis it actully called 8 mile two "fiddy's" story messed blech

crickey77
i just saw a trailer for this one... i love 50 cent so i'll probably check it out.

Cringe
Can someone please shoot me before I have to see 50 Cent act?

*sxc-man*
i know i wouln't 50 cent sucks big time!!!!!

T.M
I hope he dies trying yes

JamalMagloire
I'll see this. Jim Sheridan is a great director and I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do with 50's story.

crickey77
jim sheridan is a great director, imo. i'm looking forward to seeing what he does with this film...

Mainstream
Originally posted by T.M
I hope he dies trying yes

me too. I wonder will he get shot all 9 times in this movie or will they save a few bullets for sequels.

T.M
Originally posted by Mainstream
me too. I wonder will he get shot all 9 times in this movie or will they save a few bullets for sequels.

lol they probably will save a few yes

Mainstream
Originally posted by T.M
lol they probably will save a few yes

I'm thinking 3 shots per movie.

Cringe
22 bullet holes on the wall.....22 bullets holes........

T.M
I'm thinking 3 shots per movie.

yes

thats what i was thinking to.

MovieMan22
I've watched the trailer for this piece of crap movie, & it sucks. I hope this movie bombs as bad as Ashlee Simpson's movie did.

TheFilmProphet
Personally, I'm not exactly a big fan of 50, but as a film I'll be giving 'Get Rich or Die Trying' a chance before judging the work too prematurely.

Cringe
50 Cent can barely act in music videos let alone a feature length film.

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by Cringe
50 Cent can barely act in music videos let alone a feature length film.

Music videos don't require all that much acting ability, but yes, I admit the likelihood of him pulling down a breakthrough performance are significantly slim to say the very least.

Cringe
Exactly,and that's was sad.I said in the music forum that I laughed so hard when I saw the "Outta Control REMIX" music video.

It just seems like too much a "8 Mile" repeat.

TheFilmProphet
I agree, and it doesn't help that he is (or was) Eminem's protege, meaning it becomes increasingly difficult for him to distance his film from '8 Mile' unless of course those are his intentions. On a different note, the song & video single for the 'Die Tryin' soundtrack seems uninspired and weak in my opinion.

Cringe
You mean "Window Shopper" or the other hustler one?Both suck greatly.

It's going to be harder for 50 Cent because he's already made himself a playboy in the eyes of the public and not exactly the hardcore gangsta that was shot nine times.

Eminem was the same angry,hateful rapper throughout his career up to the point of "8 Mile" so it was easier for the public to accept him in his role.

TheFilmProphet
'Hustler's Ambition', and its pretty much the same case with all of his recent music and songs. He's thinking too big of the movie and his acting already: "This is the first step in establishing myself as an actor. Denzel and them are getting old."

QUOTE LINK

tabby999
apparently the game is anti drugs, you rap at drugs and they are destroyed, i read that on the forums somewhere. i'd buy it just to see fiddy die over and over

ariwin
I really don't see 50 dying in this one, but hey, each to his own.

Jim Sheridan's name on this will get me in theaters to see it. Loved In America, and the rest of his work. Biopic about a rapper or not, I'll be there.

crickey77
Originally posted by TheFilmProphet
Personally, I'm not exactly a big fan of 50, but as a film I'll be giving 'Get Rich or Die Trying' a chance before judging the work too prematurely.

i'm def. going to give this one a chance before judging. i like his music and def respect sheridan.

TheFilmProphet
Although I don't particularly like Fiddy's music, I do respect Jim Sheridan as well, the film should be interesting at the least.

edwinian
Originally posted by ariwin
Jim Sheridan's name on this will get me in theaters to see it.

when you put together talent of Sheridan (in the name of the father gets forgotten a lot) and the story of 50 Cent's rise to power, i think you are going to see a quality film.

and high box office numbers, as well.

MovieMan22
It's a piece of shit film. 50 Cent can't act his way out of a paper bag.

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by edwinian
when you put together talent of Sheridan (in the name of the father gets forgotten a lot) and the story of 50 Cent's rise to power, i think you are going to see a quality film.

and high box office numbers, as well.

Although it should be noted that his rise to power in real life is not the same as he attempts to make it seem on the film. Its a few steps away from being completely fictional...

edwinian
Although it should be noted that his rise to power in real life is not the same as he attempts to make it seem on the film. Its a few steps away from being completely fictional...

you guys have seen the movie already? that's cool, ive only seen trailers....how does the movie strays from his real life?

TheFilmProphet
you guys have seen the movie already? that's cool, ive only seen trailers....how does the movie strays from his real life?

No I haven't, but its widely known the film is not a direct telling of his rise, merely a small portion of it here and there.

lord krondor
I don't get why Fitty talks about getting shot in the chest all the time when he gets shot in the mouth about 13 times a day. Seriously, this is a feat that is only rivaled by Jenna Jameson.

Solo
Sounds lame. 'Nuff said.

tabby999
he love himself WAY too much

WickedTexasMomA
*sighs* We knew something worse then Doom would come along,we just didn't know how soon.

Mainstream
Originally posted by Freaky Zeeky
Hope the movie isn't as bad as the cd.

it did suck monkey b@lls didn't it!

crickey77
Although I don't particularly like Fiddy's music, I do respect Jim Sheridan as well, the film should be interesting at the least.

yeah, def. sheridan's decision to do this film definitely is a good sign imo.

edwinian
Originally posted by crickey77
yeah, def. sheridan's decision to do this film definitely is a good sign imo.

in the name of the father was awesome. terrence howard is a good sign for Get Rich or Die as well.

Murray
Critics loved this film. I'll see it.

JacopeX
Originally posted by T.M
i hated 8 mile and i am not even going to take any notice of this.

8 mile was my s*it. It was one of the best movies ive seen starring a musician.

JacopeX
Originally posted by ryno14141
Ok, all of u r forgetting the point, Curtis Jackson(50 Cent), made the movie to follow up on his book (From Pieces To Weight) based on his life. And 50 has changed over the past few years, he was hustling on the streets but know hes a changed man, u guys don't know anything about 50

100% true and people think he crazy. I dont really like his music from massacre but I dont hate him as a person.

JacopeX
Originally posted by WickedTexasMomA
*sighs* We knew something worse then Doom would come along,we just didn't know how soon.

Doom was hot! Whachu talkin about homie. I dont really give a shit about the plot (sometimes) I jus watched it for the gore and action period!

JacopeX

The game is like grand theft auto and MAx Payne. I cant wait fo that game to come out. And also "Fear and Respect" which is a video game starring snoop dogg. Hell YEA!!!

WickedTexasMomA
Originally posted by JacopeX
Doom was hot! Whachu talkin about homie. I dont really give a shit about the plot (sometimes) I jus watched it for the gore and action period! I happen to enjoy a good plot .Its hard to find a movie thats got a good story line and thats suspenseful....few and fare between.

lord krondor
Originally posted by lord krondor
I don't get why Fitty talks about getting shot in the chest all the time when he gets shot in the mouth about 13 times a day. Seriously, this is a feat that is only rivaled by Jenna Jameson.

God was that funny! Genius.

MysteryRidah
Just another gangsta movie, and unless you are a 50cent fan, i really dont see no point in seeing it.

I'm not a 50 cent fan and neither am i a rap fan, so the movie sucks.

JacopeX
You guys are are probablyh not gonna uderstand the movie cuz its about the hood and drama and we talk differently. The street king was one of my favorites.

((i said more in page 4 on the bottom))

crickey77
Originally posted by Murray
Critics loved this film. I'll see it.

good to hear. any specific reviews that you read?

TheFilmProphet
You guys are are probablyh not gonna uderstand the movie cuz its about the hood and drama and we talk differently.

Unless you are suffering from some form of ADD, I think the film won't be that difficult to understand. Exactly where are you from anyway?

Phat J
Unless you are suffering from some form of ADD, I think the film won't be that difficult to understand. Exactly where are you from anyway?

oh you mean you dont know? jacopes an og from the hood, he got stabbed in the leg. laughing

TheFilmProphet
laughing

feline
it should be good.

Myth

((i said more in page 4 on the bottom))

Do you want a cookie or something? None of your quotes at the bottom of page 4 had any significance unless you count the one where we disregard your opinion of movies since you like mindless gore and don't care at all about movie plots.

JacopeX
oooh nice trahs talkin....what was i suppose to cry...f*ck no....e yo Phat J, why wont you go back to th fuggin music thread *****! Oh yea and Im from L.A. / Peru. Tough places, but im used to it.

JacopeX
Originally posted by Phat J
oh you mean you dont know? jacopes an og from the hood, he got stabbed in the leg. laughing

I got slashed you f*ck nut. Why wont you go Rima, Peru and talk shit. You wouldnt live so **** off.

lord krondor
Rima? Are you trying to say Lima? You ogs are an ignorant bunch. Hey next time you are on the corner sipping on your 40 ounce beverage, could you please shoot yourself in the mouth? And not in the way you and o dog do when you are alone in your bedrooms, but rather with a gun. Later nugga.

FlappingMangera
Originally posted by feline
it should be good.

agreed, can't wait to see it later this week Happy Dance

edwinian
Originally posted by FlappingMangera
agreed, can't wait to see it later this week Happy Dance

when does it open?

ive read some good reviews and want to go see it.

Inspectah Deck
Rima? Are you trying to say Lima? You ogs are an ignorant bunch. Hey next time you are on the corner sipping on your 40 ounce beverage, could you please shoot yourself in the mouth? And not in the way you and o dog do when you are alone in your bedrooms, but rather with a gun. Later nugga.

laughing out loud

TheFilmProphet
oooh nice trahs talkin....what was i suppose to cry...f*ck no....e yo Phat J, why wont you go back to th fuggin music thread *****! Oh yea and Im from L.A. / Peru. Tough places, but im used to it.

I got slashed you f*ck nut. Why wont you go Rima, Peru and talk shit. You wouldnt live so **** off.

The best of KMC laughing

-hh-
wow...just wow

sick

Phat J
laughing thats priceless

crickey77
opening up tomorrow, right? i'm going to try and check it out soon...

edwinian
Originally posted by crickey77
opening up tomorrow, right? i'm going to try and check it out soon...

opens tomorrow, yup.

anybody read this interview yet? 50 is gonna win best oscar!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr. Strangelove

Say hello to your average 50 cent fan. Notice the amazing intelligence, intellect, and well thought out sentences.

50 is gonna win best oscar!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure his constant mumbling throughout the movie will totally win over the oscar voters...or not.

Look on the bright side. Maybe the oscars can create an new category: "Most non-understandable use of the English language by an American citizen in a movie."

I'm sure 50 would win that one no problem.

koolruningz

Inspectah Deck
laughing out loud

Solo
I'm looking forward to seeing something painful. smile

Phat J
im looking forward to this movie, and its part in 50's career falling apart. laughing

TheFilmProphet
Likewise here, laughing out loud

JacopeX

Rima and Lima are different places in peru. My uncle is gov. there in Rima. Ey and I dont drink homie I play sports ((soccer. By the way check out my sig with soccer)). Og's? you mean O.G.'s. Nugga? you mean nigga? lol this dude is makin me laugh laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing laughing

Thanks for the comedy entertainment!

koolruningz
Just wondering, how do you know you're the best football player on KMC?

JacopeX
Wanna see my record?

koolruningz
You make music to?

JacopeX
no my record in soccer (((the teams ive been to, leagues, ect.))

koolruningz
I was joking man.
Sure why not show us your record.

JacopeX
iight ive been playin since i was 4 but started playin in a team at 8. Ive played from california, to conneticut, to new york, to massechusets, to PEru. I Play in travel, Summit sponsor league, eastern, and play U-15 for crystal. I made more goals than anyone in youth every season i played. I also play street soccer.

Solo
Wow, I'm sure street-soccer is pretty hardcore.

JacopeX
it is. You play on the concreate and you get scraped bad. No rules, no fouls. And its even more suspence if there wuz a crowd of people watchin

Solo
****ing dumbasses, if street-soccer causes injuries. Why the **** do you play it?

Too lazy to go walk to the nearest soccer fields?

Anyway, back on topic. No more talking of street-soccer. Make a thread in the OTF if you want.

koolruningz
iight ive been playin since i was 4 but started playin in a team at 8. Ive played from california, to conneticut, to new york, to massechusets, to PEru. I Play in travel, Summit sponsor league, eastern, and play U-15 for crystal. I made more goals than anyone in youth every season i played. I also play street soccer.

Thats cool man, but im not sure if that makes you the best player on KMC. There's no way to prove it anyway.
Do you follow European football?

JacopeX
Originally posted by Solo
****ing dumbasses, if street-soccer causes injuries. Why the **** do you play it?

Cuz we got the balls to play it and its fun. Think about it. No fouls.

Originally posted by Koolrunningz
Thats cool man, but im not sure if that makes you the best player on KMC. There's no way to prove it anyway.
Do you follow European football?

Yea, lets talk about that in the sports forum cuz solo is complaning about being off topic

Phat J

Anyway, back on topic. No more talking of street-soccer. Make a thread in the OTF if you want.

is that pete sarsgaard in your sig solo?

Cinemaddiction
Classic.

Solo
Originally posted by Phat J
is that pete sarsgaard in your sig solo?
It was.

Get Rich or Die Tryin' shouldn't be showed if it influences gang violence that much.

Just joking. ****, what kind of people want to follow 50 Cent's footsteps.

edwinian
sorry to jack your street-soccer argument thread, but has anyone seen the movie yet?

it's pretty good. and the soundtrack is awesome.

OG-Loc
has anyone saw it yet?

Ken Kenobi
Does this look like the Movie Discussion forum?

hotsauce6548
i ain't check it out yet, yo. homie, ill tell u wen i see it though iight?

nick1811
'has anyone saw it yet?' - incorrect grammer!!!!

OG-Loc
nigga, i'm trusting someone with a btter cranuim than u

Mainstream
Originally posted by OG-Loc
has anyone saw it yet?

I can't afford to see it I only have 38 cents. nana

hotsauce6548

That was so bad... yet so good. laughing

Lord. Zidane
A movie with him? my god that will be as bad as a snoop dogg film...

JacopeX
Originally posted by OG-Loc
nigga, i'm trusting someone with a btter cranuim than u

So you og like me eh? Crip or bloodz....or LK

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Lord. Zidane
A movie with him? my god that will be as bad as a snoop dogg film...

*remembers seeing Bones*

That movie sucked.

Mando
Thread over this movie here

nick1811

weep

Solo
Originally posted by nick1811
'has anyone saw it yet?' - incorrect grammer!!!!
Wow, you're so cool, pointing out the fact that people are using incorrect grammar.

What's funny is that you can't even spell grammar right.

Snape>Dumbledor
Oh lawd, is dat sum fried chickens?

I know how much he loves fried chicken...

Solo
That's not neccessary.

Mando
That's not neccessary.

Quoted for the honest truth. thumb up

Susan-Storm
Thats Just wrong..He has something that gross in Almost every post..It is Disgusting

Snape>Dumbledor

Susan-Storm
no expression What in Gods Name are you saying and why are you posting somthing that has nothing to do with this movie

Snape>Dumbledor
susan quit being a spawn camper

Susan-Storm
you Honestly Confuse the bajeebys out of me

WindDancer
Please don't feed that troll.

On topic:

Despite the negative reviews and heavy criticism of the 50cent haters. I might see this film. I'm not very fond of 50 cent music or acting skills. But I'll like to see what is it about him that appeals to his fans. Just plain curiosity from my part.

Phat J

dude, your 14 years old, your not an og

nick1811
Wow, you're so cool, pointing out the fact that people are using incorrect grammar.

What's funny is that you can't even spell grammar right.

calm down, i was joking, notice the over-the-top use of exclamation marks, and as for spelling 'grammar' wrong, that was a typo.

-hh-
as much as i hate 50 cent, g-unit or any of that garbage commercial rap related shit, his acting is actually good.

the movie itself is boring most of the time and i dont want to see naked men fighting each other sick. the only thing good about this movie was the acting. i dont recommend it. 2/5

Inspectah Deck

laughing out loud Your not an OG

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>