Movie Spider man vs movie Thing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mr.smiley
Who takes it?

jinzin
movie spiderman would trash thing so hard it's not even funny....he's way too fast and too versatile, while things waaaaay too weak to even compare....

yahman
"things waaaaay too weak to even compare"

Ehhh ???????

jinzin
dude thing in that movie could barley move a fire truck spidey held up the entire support structure of a building in sm2....what makes comic book thing such a threat, is his emmense strength....in the movie however this was definitely not an attribute he had an abundance of....I'd venture to say movie spidey isn't that much weaker than him...that said...I would also come to the conclussion that spiderman has a plethora of versatile and effective powers, that given things only limited advantage in strength, he can't really compare to spiderman AS A WHOLE....

that any more clear?

K3VIL
Originally posted by jinzin
dude thing in that movie could barley move a fire truck spidey held up the entire support structure of a building in sm2....what makes comic book thing such a threat, is his emmense strength....in the movie however this was definitely not an attribute he had an abundance of....I'd venture to say movie spidey isn't that much weaker than him...that said...I would also come to the conclussion that spiderman has a plethora of versatile and effective powers, that given things only limited advantage in strength, he can't really compare to spiderman AS A WHOLE....

that any more clear?
Movie Thing was able to stop a fire truck on the bridge, and a fire truck weights around 10 tons or slightly more.
He throwed a car against a bus like it was a toy.He punched Doom, who's body was made of a metal 100 times denser than titanium causing him to feel pain.
Spidey substained only a wall not the support structure of the warehouse in the 2nd movie, and then shrugged off it to save himself and MJ, but not without effort.
I think that in a brawl movie Thing stand serious chances of beating Spidey is he goes slugfest like against Goblin.

yahman
"Movie Thing was able to stop a fire truck on the bridge, and a fire truck weights around 10 tons or slightly more.
He throwed a car against a bus like it was a toy.He punched Doom, who's body was made of a metal 100 times denser than titanium causing him to feel pain.
Spidey substained only a wall not the support structure of the warehouse in the 2nd movie, and then shrugged off it to save himself and MJ, but not without effort.
I think that in a brawl movie Thing stand serious chances of beating Spidey is he goes slugfest like against Goblin."

Exactly... Cheers mate you saved me alot of time cool
A typical school bus weihs about 22 tons when it is full. A Fire truck is likely to weigh Far more than that due to the aevy machinery inside.

"spidey held up the entire support structure of a building in sm2...."

Its amazing how words can make incidents far more impressive, than they actually are. The wall was about 20 meters long and less than a foot wide. Its unlikely to weigh more than several tons. Spiderman was seen struggling to lift this.

" would also come to the conclussion that spiderman has a plethora of versatile and effective powers, that given things only limited advantage in strength, he can't really compare to spiderman AS A WHOLE...."

This though i will have to concure with. Yeh you are right Spiderman takes this.

jinzin
of course thing can take more damage...he's by far the superior in durability...but his strength is not all that great....part of the fire engine was on the bridge....the wheels also helped him here.....and I didn't exactly see doom in pain...I saw him get poved and thrown around...I didn't exaclty here him say "ahhh I'm in pain!"

I also agree that thing would win in a slugfest..but given ALL the powers of spiderman in a straight up fight I think spidey's gonna win...

lol.

jinzin
Originally posted by yahman
"Movie Thing was able to stop a fire truck on the bridge, and a fire truck weights around 10 tons or slightly more.
I think that in a brawl movie Thing stand serious chances of beating Spidey is he goes slugfest like against Goblin."

Exactly... Cheers mate you saved me alot of time cool
A typical school bus weihs about 22 tons when it is full. A Fire truck is likely to weigh Far more than that due to the aevy machinery inside.

"spidey held up the entire support structure of a building in sm2...."

Its amazing how words can make incidents far more impressive, than they actually are. The wall was about 20 meters long and less than a foot wide. Its unlikely to weigh more than several tons. Spiderman was seen struggling to lift this.

" would also come to the conclussion that spiderman has a plethora of versatile and effective powers, that given things only limited advantage in strength, he can't really compare to spiderman AS A WHOLE...."

This though i will have to concure with. Yeh you are right Spiderman takes this.

again....thing was not exactly lifting the truck was he?

and spiderman was struggling for a moment....after he got beat up by doc ock...but then he easily shrugged it off and tossed the sob with apparent ease....

yahman
"and spiderman was struggling for a moment....after he got beat up by doc ock...but then he easily shrugged it off and tossed the sob with apparent ease...."

If we are going to picky ( wink only Jokin) I was under the impression the polarity of the Fusion reactor was what helped Spiderman with that final Toss (yeh yeh verry funny)

jinzin
argggg....lol...

K3VIL
again....thing was not exactly lifting the truck was he?

and spiderman was struggling for a moment....after he got beat up by doc ock...but then he easily shrugged it off and tossed the sob with apparent ease....
Spider Man's durability was proved in both the 2movies, and Thing's durability is his major victory point.
Thing fall at high speed from Dr.Doom skyscraper, into another one, then on the streets, and was still fighting, he take levels of punishment that would have kill Spidey with ease.He was slammed in the ground with that traffic light pole from Doom and shattered the cement.
Spider-Man was slammed against a light pole from Green Goblin and was stunned from it, he was slashed from the pumpkin-blade, he got up after Doc Ock beat down him but he wasn't certain at his peak.
Thing stopped the truck, it still require a high strenght level class 10-20 tons, and his hella durable compared to Spidey, that would have broke his fists against Doom body.

Never
Originally posted by K3VIL
Movie Thing was able to stop a fire truck on the bridge, and a fire truck weights around 10 tons or slightly more.

LoL, is it a coincidence that you say a firetruck weighs "10 tons" or slightly more considering Spiderman's general strength level is Class 10? wink

Way off. That firetruck was comparable to a Grumman/KME 100'+ aerial platform. Try 35 tons.

Spare me the "he would have broken his fists against Doom's body" rhetoric. How many broke their fists on Wolverine's adamantium laced dome?

jinzin
Spider Man's durability was proved in both the 2movies, and Thing's durability is his major victory point.
Thing fall at high speed from Dr.Doom skyscraper, into another one, then on the streets, and was still fighting, he take levels of punishment that would have kill Spidey with ease.He was slammed in the ground with that traffic light pole from Doom and shattered the cement.
Spider-Man was slammed against a light pole from Green Goblin and was stunned from it, he was slashed from the pumpkin-blade, he got up after Doc Ock beat down him but he wasn't certain at his peak.
Thing stopped the truck, it still require a high strenght level class 10-20 tons, and his hella durable compared to Spidey, that would have broke his fists against Doom body.

I agree with most of the stuff here I don't think thing is any more than a class 20 in the movies...spiderman's probably about a 5 or 10....but my point remains, in the comics things major advantage is his overwhelming strength...in the movies his strength advantage is no longer so incomparible, thus his most obvious advanatage is no longer as threatening.

as for durability...spiderman fell a good 5 or more stories and got up from it just fine....not saying he's as durable as thing obiviously, just that he can take his fair share of punishment....

now spiderman stopped a speeding train with his webbing...all he really has to do here is web and web and web and then swing thing over his head and throw him away....end of fight....

K3VIL
Unless Spidey webs up Things's arms resulting in Benji grabbing the web throwing around Spidey, or he can just stomp the ground making Spidey falling.

jinzin
i seriously don't think he's got the strength for it...

CorderaMitchell
Versatility is the key word here. Up on the walls high in the air, swinging shooting, etc. Just adds up.

Tron
I think that in a brawl movie Thing stand serious chances of beating Spidey is he goes slugfest like against Goblin.

You forgot to mention that stopping the truck while it's in motion adds a lot more mass to it.wink

yahman
"ou forgot to mention that stopping the truck while it's in motion adds a lot more mass to it."

Good old montentum. But i dont think they were talking about the 18 wheeler i think they were talking about the Fire truck. But Good point any way.

Nice to meet you Dude, by the. Not to be a brown Nose, but can i say that you are doing a great job. cool

whobdamandog
of course thing can take more damage...he's by far the superior in durability...but his strength is not all that great....part of the fire engine was on the bridge....the wheels also helped him here.....and I didn't exactly see doom in pain...I saw him get poved and thrown around...I didn't exaclty here him say "ahhh I'm in pain!"

I also agree that thing would win in a slugfest..but given ALL the powers of spiderman in a straight up fight I think spidey's gonna win...

lol.

I believe the Thing having trouble lifting the firetruck was more of a leverage issue..as opposed to pure brute strength. The movies, unlike the comic books..try to portray the characters in a more realistic light.
With the laws of physics applied to each of these characters..the most either would be able to lift over their head would be several tons.

As you stated above, movie Thing was damb durable and dense..hell..it was even stated in the movie that his internal organs were as dense as his hide. Peter would have a damb hard time hurting him...

But despite Thing's superior durability, I give Spidey a majority of these battles...his resourcefulness/tactical skill/and versatility win the day. Still...it would be a damb tough fight for him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.