Super Sonic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

General Zodiac
When Sonic gathers the 7 Chaos Emeralds he becomes Super Sonic. But is Super Sonic a copy off a SS Goku from DragonballZ?

darht dude
sonic is older than dbz

Blue Dragon
^ True

CorderaMitchell
silly thread..

Ast Rofan
Looks like dragonnutz is the one ripping off.

dAngEr_Is_gO!
Don't care. Supersonic looks awesome and that's all there is to it.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Arbiter
When Sonic gathers the 7 Chaos Emeralds he becomes Super Sonic. But is Super Sonic a copy off a SS Goku from DragonballZ? sonic the hedgehog was drawn by akira toriyama.. creator of dragonball and dragonball z

Edit : hmm.. at least I thought he created it.. afterall he does look very DBish especially in his earlier years... but anyway.. give wikipedias entry a glance http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_the_Hedgehog

Arbiter
Originally posted by darht dude
sonic is older than dbz
Actually Sonic was made in the 90s as Dragonball was made in Japan during the 80s but aired in the US during the 90s.

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by Ast Rofan
Looks like dragonnutz is the one ripping off.
Maybe not. I love both Sonic & DBZ. Just look at my sig, isn't it great? smile
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
sonic the hedgehog was drawn by akira toriyama.. creator of dragonball and dragonball z

Edit : hmm.. at least I thought he created it.. afterall he does look very DBish especially in his earlier years... but anyway.. give wikipedias entry a glance http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_the_Hedgehog
Sonic was only drawn by Akira, he is the creator of DB/DBZ/DBGT.
Originally posted by Arbiter
Actually Sonic was made in the 90s as Dragonball was made in Japan during the 80s but aired in the US during the 90s.
That' what it says yes but does it really matter? Both are good.

It's like saying Digimon is a rip off when copying Pokemon when actually it's Digimon that came first, which most people don't know, they think Pokemon came first, it did in Europe but not in Japan.

vvvrulz
One is a game and the other is anime, its really hard to complain about one ripping off the other cos they are totally different media.

Blue Dragon
I don't believe in 'ripping off' too much if I like both things that are similar in a way but crap stuff that's just taking the mick too much I will probably hate!

Arbiter
Originally posted by Blue Dragon
I don't believe in 'ripping off' too much if I like both things that are similar in a way but crap stuff that's just taking the mick too much I will probably hate!
Super Sonic hair turns gold and pointy and in Sonic 3 & Knuckles his eyes were green. Doesn't that sound like something. I'm not on DBZ's side because I say Sonic has the best games.

gls
sonic's eyes were always green in japan. they changed it in america for a reason i don't know. sonic looks better with green eyes anyway. but anywho yea,, pointless thread

luffyjin
i think dragon ball z SUCKS its off the wall shit that trys to imitate fighting i mean come on whats with the constapation of the goku haha

Chibi Boy
1. I dun think Super Sonic came from Super Saiyan Goku, the whole of Sonic turns yellow. And the idea that they both turn yellow is just because the colour of energy would probably be yellow, like the sun which can make solar POWER.

Originally posted by luffyjin
i think dragon ball z SUCKS its off the wall shit that trys to imitate fighting i mean come on whats with the constapation of the goku haha

2a. This hasn't got much to do with Sonic copying DBZ.

2b. No offence but i see you never bothered learning what DragonBall Z is all about, it's about a race of powerful beings who destroys planets, one lands on earth, falls of a cliff and forgets who he is, he ends up protecting earth against aliens who try and take it over. That isn't imitating fighting.

2c. Although i like DBZ, i do agree it does slightly overdoes the power part after the Freiza saga.

Blue Dragon
I couldn't really be bothered, I like both.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.