vader did nothing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darth-yoda
ok vader s the most famous sith ever and he did nothing when he was evil in the suit who did he killobi wan give up and last time i looked vader did not actually hit him he dissaperars just befor being hit when he killed sids he was reformed so he didnt kill any force users

maul killed qui gon granted cheaply but he killed him
sids killed jedi
malak killed jedi
revan killed jedi
nihilus killed jedi
sion killed jedi
traya killed jedi

who did vade rkill no 1

matreid
Uh, Vader killed hundreds of Jedi in the temple...

Also, look at all the rebels and officers he kills in the OT.

He is definetly evil.

darth-yoda
i said vader in the suit killed no force users anyone can kill a non force user even jar jar

matreid
Well, I know it's not in the movies, but there were still many Jedi out there in the galaxy, and he hunted them down and killed them all. (save for Yoda and Ben)

Human Vader
He killed that one jeedai in his suit. Damn I can't remember the dude's name, he exiled himself and survived the purge, but later helped Leia rescue some people from his planet and Vader found him and defeated him. Besides that yeah he didn't really do anything, but you have to remember, only a handful of jeedai were left after the purge, vader didn't really have anyone to kill. And he did kill Obi Wan, it only seemed like Obi dissapeared before the saber hit him because of bad technology of the seventies.

FeceMan
Shall I link to a website offering grammar classes?

Nah.

Human Vader
You're not talking about my post I hope.

matreid
I think he's reffering to the way you spell Jedi.

Jeedai actually looks much cooler.

Camael
sorry to bust your little yoda bubble, but he DID kill obi wan. if you remember when yoda died, he joined the force and did his body sit there and rot in the swamp? no it DISAPEARED! so when vader killed obi wan, he didnt fall to the floor like a less force-attuned jedi. since he was a master like yoda and (later/eventually) anakin, he disapeared and became one with the force.

Camael
as for the blade not hitting him, ya you can blame poor image editing on the 70s technology

Tangible God
Originally posted by Human Vader
He killed that one jeedai in his suit. Damn I can't remember the dude's name, he exiled himself and survived the purge, but later helped Leia rescue some people from his planet and Vader found him and defeated him. Besides that yeah he didn't really do anything, but you have to remember, only a handful of jeedai were left after the purge, vader didn't really have anyone to kill. And he did kill Obi Wan, it only seemed like Obi dissapeared before the saber hit him because of bad technology of the seventies. You're not talking about Echu Shen Jon are you?

Tangible God
Jeedai---yeah those wacky Vong sure knew how to make things cool....ha ha---JEEDAI, hio!

lihp123
Here is a list of all the evil things that Vader did since his transformation to Dark lord of the sith.

Killed a large number of Jedi from the Jedi temple, including Cin Drallig and Serra Keto.
Killed all of the Separist leaders and some Mustafar security.
Force Choked Padme.
Captures Leia and tortures her to find the location of the rebels hidden base.
Force Chokes Raymus Antilles.
Force chokes admiral Motti.
Kills Obi Wan Kenobi aboard the Death Star.
Shoots down a large number of rebel pilots at the battle of Yavin.
Invades Yavin IV killing many rebels in air attack and on the ground.
Lead and Assisted in Eliminating the rebel presence on Reytha
Force choked the Reytha Governer
Force choked Minister Transe Decar
Kills Echuu Shen Jonn
He tortured a Rebel pilot on Ultaar to find out who destroted the Death Star
Engages in a lightsaber duel with Leia, and slices her across the face, legs, and abdomen.
Almost kills Luke on Minban, but falls down a hole before he stuck him down.
Force chokes Admiral Ozzel and Captain Needa.
Assisted in the invasion of Hoth
Tortures Han, Leia, Chewie at Cloud City.
Cuts off Lukes hand.
Assists in the imperial invasion of Cloud city.
Kills Prince Xizor in an assault oiver Coruscant
Continually tempts luke to the dark side, enrages him into battle, and engages in a lightsaber duel with him.

Quite clearly, Vader is a master of Evil and the definition of power and infulence.

Fishy
Lol, you are funny... If thats the definition of power I don't know what being weak would be.

Killed a large number of Jedi from the Jedi temple, including Cin
Drallig and Serra Keto.

The only impressive thing in your entire list. He did have help from about a 1000 clones however.

Killed all of the Separist leaders and some Mustafar security.

Yay, he killed a bunch of none force sensitives who didn't even had weapons to defend himself... What great power he has.

Force Choked Padme.

Wow, Vader is so great he force choked a woman that was highly pregnant and could not resist him oh btw she didn't have the force either. He would have been even greater if he also choked random person number 3, now that would have been impressive.

Captures Leia and tortures her to find the location of the rebels hidden base.

Holy shit, he captured a woman by using a STAR DESTROYER against a normal weak little ship and using his troops to kill her crew... Then he let droids torture her.... Damn that guy is good.

Force Chokes Raymus Antilles.

Oh my god, random stranger number 4 would have made him even more impressive.

Force chokes admiral Motti.

I'm sure he woke up proud the next day celebrating how he killed a none force sensitive admiral.

Kills Obi Wan Kenobi aboard the Death Star.

Obi Wan let himself die, Yeah vader killed him but he never once defeated him in a battle. So not impressive at all, it would be like me killing the strongest person in the world in his sleep. Thats hardly impressive.

Shoots down a large number of rebel pilots at the battle of Yavin.

I admit he was a great pilot.

Invades Yavin IV killing many rebels in air attack and on the ground.

Did he lead the attack? Did he command the forces directly? Did he fight himself or did he tell generals that they could attack and let them figure it out.

Lead and Assisted in Eliminating the rebel presence on Reytha

Read above

Force choked the Reytha Governer

I'm to bored to talk about how impressive killing random person number 7 is. So I won't.

Force choked Minister Transe Decar

Read above only change 7 to 8

Kills Echuu Shen Jonn

Read above only change 8 to 1 and choke to kill

Let me get this straight, he tortured a soldier... He tortured a soldier? A normal human soldier without the force. GOD that is guy is so great.

Engages in a lightsaber duel with Leia, and slices her across the face, legs, and abdomen.

So he defeated somebody without training... Wow he really is great.

Almost kills Luke on Minban, but falls down a hole before he stuck him down.

So he's good because he can almost defeat somebody who is hardly a knight?

Force chokes Admiral Ozzel and Captain Needa.

God, please save me from this stupidity.

Assisted in the invasion of Hoth

What invasion? He just landed and told Lando to do what he said or he would kill him... Real impressive.

Tortures Han, Leia, Chewie at Cloud City.

He did? When

Cuts off Lukes hand.

So he cut of the hand of somebody with only months of training who was having his first lightsaber fight ever? Wow...

Assists in the imperial invasion of Cloud city.

What invasion

Kills Prince Xizor in an assault oiver Coruscant

Better then most of your other reasons

Continually tempts luke to the dark side, enrages him into battle, and engages in a lightsaber duel with him.

Your big point is? how is this great...

Seriously get a brain these reasons suck more then that donkey in your bed.

Darth_Janus
(With JanusEdit)

Here is a list of all the evil things that Vader did since his transformation to Dark lord of the sith.

Killed a large number of Jedi from the Jedi temple, including Cin Drallig and Serra Keto. (If this is according the the game, it is not canon.)

Killed all of the Separist leaders and some Mustafar security. (Yeah, very hardcore)

Force Choked Padme. (Definately evil.)

Captures Leia and tortures her to find the location of the rebels hidden base. (That was pretty messed up. People kinda gloss over that one)

Force Chokes Raymus Antilles. (Actually, he manually choked this guy.)

Force chokes admiral Motti. (Who wouldn't?)

Kills Obi Wan Kenobi aboard the Death Star. (Yeah, but Obi let him)

Shoots down a large number of rebel pilots at the battle of Yavin. (Large number? I counted like three or four.)

Invades Yavin IV killing many rebels in air attack and on the ground. (When?)

Lead and Assisted in Eliminating the rebel presence on Reytha (Source?)
Force choked the Reytha Governer (" "wink
Force choked Minister Transe Decar(" "wink
Kills Echuu Shen Jonn (Who is this guy and where can I read about him?)

(Again, source.)

Engages in a lightsaber duel with Leia, and slices her across the face, legs, and abdomen. (When the hell was this? And why wasn't she maimed for life??)

Almost kills Luke on Minban, but falls down a hole before he stuck him down. (Yep)

Force chokes Admiral Ozzel and Captain Needa. (So would I. I must be the definition of evil and influence)

Assisted in the invasion of Hoth (Yeah, like he did a lot of work, too&gtwink

Tortures Han, Leia, Chewie at Cloud City. (Yes, that is evil. I agree.)

Cuts off Lukes hand. (Hey, the kid hit him first. He asked for it!)

Assists in the imperial invasion of Cloud city. (You mean the "Hey, I'm taking over." "Sure thing, Lord Vader. Don't kill me" invasion of Cloud City?)

Kills Prince Xizor in an assault oiver Coruscant (Yeah, had his ship blown up. Big deal.)

Continually tempts luke to the dark side, enrages him into battle, and engages in a lightsaber duel with him. (Which is because he is the antagonist)

Quite clearly, Vader is a master of Evil and the definition of power and infulence. (I see evil... Not master of evil, but definately evil. If he was the MASTER of evil he could not be redeemed with one chuck of a body. And he is not a master of influence... His influence wasn't enough to keep Tarkin from giving him orders, or Motti from mouthing off. )

Admiral Akbar
ahhaha, those were the worst examples ever, now i clearly see that vader has done closer to nothing at all.

Darth_Janus
Damn, me and Fishy were attacking that thing at the same time.

darth-yoda
dosent obi wan kill him self i mean he helded up his saber andi thought he was comiting suicied through the force so if this is teh case the vader did not kill him and the blade never hit him

Darth_Janus
You must be young. Us old folk have watched the OT a million times. No, Obi lets himself get killed. It's obvious as I am sitting here.

darth-yoda
ohh ok sorry i am young as i said 15 iv only seen the ot twice ill watch it tonight somthing to do

Darth_Janus
It's worth a rewatch. I saw it every year because USA channel has it on for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

lihp123
Fishy, that long list of evil things was to demonstrate how evil he was. Not how powerful he was.
As for the sources for Vader killing Minister Transe Decar, echuu, etc is in the Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds game. He also invaded yavin IV in Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds and in Star Wars: Rogue Leader. And he did fight, not just stand there giving orders. As for the invasion of Cloud city, it didn't take place in the movies, and it involved a large number of imperial ships and artillery to eliminate a rebelion army with some rebel fortresses (Again, it was in Galactic battlegrounds). He fought leia in the book/comic book 'Splinter of the minds eye'. And he assisted in the Battle of Hoth in Star wars GB and in Star wars Force Commander.

Fishy

Darth_Janus
Is Galactic Battlegrounds canon or does it distort the movies?

Illustrious
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
Is Galactic Battlegrounds canon or does it distort the movies?

To a fundamentalist, only the movies are canon.

But the game was made by Lucasarts, who have produced some works that some people consider canon, so I suppose it's just as valid as the next video game.

The thing is, it's a RTS game, which will contain considerably more room for deviation than a FPS or RPG type game. So, it's really your call.

JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Human Vader
He killed that one jeedai in his suit. Damn I can't remember the dude's name, he exiled himself and survived the purge, but later helped Leia rescue some people from his planet and Vader found him and defeated him. Besides that yeah he didn't really do anything, but you have to remember, only a handful of jeedai were left after the purge, vader didn't really have anyone to kill. And he did kill Obi Wan, it only seemed like Obi dissapeared before the saber hit him because of bad technology of the seventies.

Jedi is spelled J-E-D-I

JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by FeceMan
Shall I link to a website offering grammar classes?

Nah.

Yea No kidding!

JLRTENJAC
Vader killed Darth Maul... (EU)(Clone)

lihp123
Aidan Bok (Human) (Killed by Darth Vader) (GOF: Ghost of the Jedi)
Anya Kuro (Human) (Killed by Darth Vader) (SWT: Extinction)
A'Sharad Hett (Killed by Darth vader) (ROTS)
Bene (Killed by Darth Vader) (ROTS)
Cin Drallig (Human) (Killed by Darth Vader) (ROTS)
Dark Woman (Human) (Killed by Darth Vader)
Echuu Shen Jonn (Human) (Killed by Darth Vader) (SWGB)
Jurokk (Human) (Killed by Darth Vader) (ROTS)
Jocasta Nu (Human) (Killed by Darth Vader) (ROTS/EPIIIGame)
Morvet Storm (Human) (Killed by Darth Vader) (Lost Jedi Gamebooks)
Obi Wan Kenobi (Human) (Killed by Darth Vader) (ANH)
Ranik Solusar (Human) (Killed by Darth Vader) (Told in DE)
Saesee Tiin (Iktochi) (Killed by Darth Vader) (ROTS)
Serra Keto (Human) (Killed by Darth Vader) (ROTS)
Shaak Ti (Killed by Darth Vader) (ROTS)
Whie Malreaux (Human) (Killed by Darth Vader) (ROTS)

Illustrious
Oh yeah, let's kill the poor old librarian.

Obi-Wan let himself die.

Really? I could've SWORN that I saw Palpatine kill a guy that looked JUST LIKE HIM!

Count Dooku
Originally posted by JLRTENJAC
Jedi is spelled J-E-D-I

You are S-T-U-P-I-D.

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by lihp123
Aidan Bok (Human) (Killed by Darth Vader) (GOF: Ghost of the Jedi)
Anya Kuro (Human) (Killed by Darth Vader) (SWT: Extinction)
A'Sharad Hett (Killed by Darth vader) (ROTS)
Bene (Killed by Darth Vader) (ROTS)
Cin Drallig (Human) (Killed by Darth Vader) (ROTS)
Dark Woman (Human) (Killed by Darth Vader)
Echuu Shen Jonn (Human) (Killed by Darth Vader) (SWGB)
Jurokk (Human) (Killed by Darth Vader) (ROTS)
Jocasta Nu (Human) (Killed by Darth Vader) (ROTS/EPIIIGame)
Morvet Storm (Human) (Killed by Darth Vader) (Lost Jedi Gamebooks)
Obi Wan Kenobi (Human) (Killed by Darth Vader) (ANH)
Ranik Solusar (Human) (Killed by Darth Vader) (Told in DE)
Saesee Tiin (Iktochi) (Killed by Darth Vader) (ROTS)
Serra Keto (Human) (Killed by Darth Vader) (ROTS)
Shaak Ti (Killed by Darth Vader) (ROTS)
Whie Malreaux (Human) (Killed by Darth Vader) (ROTS)

Gee, what a list. It'd be terrible if I had to tell you that half of those sources are dubious at best and non-canon at most. For one thing, the episode III game isn't canon. Why? Well, in it... Anakin fights Mace Windu. Also, you can do a saber strike combo and people are still standing. That kinda thing.

Second, Saessee Tiin isn't killed by Darth Vader. He was killed by Sidious. Nice homework, Sherlock.

Shaak Ti is killed by Darth Vader? Since when?

Obi-Wan Kenobi through the fight. That's like saying my great accomplishment was stabbing King Arthur in the back.

Cin Drallig (And probably most of the Jedi killed during the purge at the Jedi temple) had to contend with Anakin SKywalker and a swath of Clone troopers. He didn't kill any of them in a straight up fight, so it isn't a testament to his power. Evilness, perhaps. But not power.

But really... Darth Vader is not the personification of evil... That is gross exaggeration.

lihp123
The list came from this site:

http://blogs.starwars.com/George43/3

I just didn't see the saessee tiin mistake. Sorry.

Nai Fohl
Originally posted by lihp123
Fishy, that long list of evil things was to demonstrate how evil he was. Not how powerful he was.
As for the sources for Vader killing Minister Transe Decar, echuu, etc is in the Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds game. He also invaded yavin IV in Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds and in Star Wars: Rogue Leader. And he did fight, not just stand there giving orders. As for the invasion of Cloud city, it didn't take place in the movies, and it involved a large number of imperial ships and artillery to eliminate a rebelion army with some rebel fortresses (Again, it was in Galactic battlegrounds). He fought leia in the book/comic book 'Splinter of the minds eye'. And he assisted in the Battle of Hoth in Star wars GB and in Star wars Force Commander.

Sorry...but I simply won't call game events "canon". In the movies Vader leaves all the work to the stormtroopers and comes in when the fight is over. He hasn't any reason to participate in battles since he.

And well: If you want to start arguing like that Vader (as well as Luke) could have personaly assasinated serveral dozens of persons. Ever played "Rebellion" ? Games who are set during the events of the films are all nearly not "canon".

That invasion of Bespin is obviously NOT canon. Lando in ESB said that he did ever have any trouble with the Empire. I would call a rebel base on the same planet and a complete imperial invasion pretty much "trouble".

And for Vader being "evil": He couldn't watch his own son getting killed, therefore turned to the light again and killed Palpatine / Sidious. Well...what an evil person.

Tangible God
Damn straight

Lord Nihilus
I don't know about Vader's EU exploits or how much of a bad a$$ he was or wasn't but the Vader character should always be revered by fans of SW. some of the older SW fans on this board and others know that Vader was THE greatest villain of the time. SW is more than just lightsabers and laserguns...well the movies at least. So because of Vader's statue in movie history and as the SW villain that started it all, I have nothing negative to say about him.

Darth Koroni
Originally posted by Tangible God
Jeedai---yeah those wacky Vong sure knew how to make things cool....ha ha---JEEDAI, hio!

Hanharr called Jedi, Jeedai in KotOR 2. Don't give the Vong credit for this mistranslation.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Darth Koroni
Hanharr called Jedi, Jeedai in KotOR 2. Don't give the Vong credit for this mistranslation. Dude...(sigh)...lighten up.

Darth Koroni
Originally posted by Tangible God
Dude...(sigh)...lighten up.

No.

Human Vader
OMG Koroni! You're the first person on this forum who knows where that came from without having to ask me.

HimoKun
Gee, what a list. It'd be terrible if I had to tell you that half of those sources are dubious at best and non-canon at most. For one thing, the episode III game isn't canon. Why? Well, in it... Anakin fights Mace Windu. Also, you can do a saber strike combo and people are still standing. That kinda thing.

Second, Saessee Tiin isn't killed by Darth Vader. He was killed by Sidious. Nice homework, Sherlock.

Shaak Ti is killed by Darth Vader? Since when?

Obi-Wan Kenobi through the fight. That's like saying my great accomplishment was stabbing King Arthur in the back.

Cin Drallig (And probably most of the Jedi killed during the purge at the Jedi temple) had to contend with Anakin SKywalker and a swath of Clone troopers. He didn't kill any of them in a straight up fight, so it isn't a testament to his power. Evilness, perhaps. But not power.

But really... Darth Vader is not the personification of evil... That is gross exaggeration.

Shaak Ti was in the Jedi Temple during the Purge.

HimoKun
Originally posted by Darth Koroni
Hanharr called Jedi, Jeedai in KotOR 2. Don't give the Vong credit for this mistranslation.

Yes, but it started with the Hutts. They named Jedi Jeedai, then the Vong made a cult or something to it. It's all bullshit made by the NJO writer.

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by HimoKun
Shaak Ti was in the Jedi Temple during the Purge.

I wouldn't doubt it, since she was on Coruscant at the beginning of ROTS. However, I have yet to see anything that says she was killed directly by Vader, or that she was killed in a straight fight.

HimoKun
I wouldn't doubt it, since she was on Coruscant at the beginning of ROTS. However, I have yet to see anything that says she was killed directly by Vader, or that she was killed in a straight fight.

I read it somewhere, but not sure.

Tangible God
Originally posted by HimoKun
Yes, but it started with the Hutts. They named Jedi Jeedai, then the Vong made a cult or something to it. It's all bullshit made by the NJO writer. I'll drink to that. beer

Aduruth
My opinion, vader wouldve killed many jedi in his vader suit, but there barely any, when he killed most of them out of his suuit. lol

Darth_Janus
Um, right.

Back to logicland, where shit is backed up with evidence...

Tangible God
Um, right.

Back to logicland, where shit is backed up with evidence... Man, ya got burned Aduruth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.