Namor VS Thor... No Weapons!!! Hand To Hand Combat!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sentry
Who takes this one? No Mjolnir for Thor, he must rely on pure hand to hand combat. Namor has been marinating in water for a couple weeks, weightlifting undersea mountains, while Thor has been working with Herc on his grappling skill. If Namor can knock the Hulk out, TWICE, he certainly has a good chance of knocking Thor out.

Debate.

DarkCrawler
NAMOR WINS!

Seriously, he does.

K3VIL
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
NAMOR WINS!

Seriously, he does.
Hulk is an idiot with mere knowledge of hth fight.
Thor is far older and more experienced than Namor, he is one of the most skilled superpowered beings in close quarter combat, he's not just a strong guy who can fly and is invulnerable.
Namor can certainly beat Hulk, who's also dumb, but with Thor, that's another story.The Thunder God can teach Namor some things about hth fight, and his reflexes are above those of Namor sufficiently to grant Thor to pummel the Avenging Son with a flurry of his best blows.

who?-kid
Thor.

Never
Wait wait since Namor went toe to toe with Hulk and is uber class 100 destroying wicked bad he can go toe to toe with Thor too right?

Right? I mean since Namor is class 100 and all.

28Dave37
Namor is class 85

Never
Originally posted by 28Dave37
Namor is class 85

*sigh*

Seems like everyone knows this except olympian.

K3VIL
Namor fresh of water is Class 100.

DarkCrawler
Newest handbook says that he can lift 100 tons. Read them for a while.

And if we want to go by feats in comics, which I do...

Namor = Class 100. Accept it.

And I admit that Thor wins most battles. He is strong enough to go with Namor until his strenght starts to deplenish, and he also has the experience and skills with him. He wins 7/10.

Sentry
This is a good fight. I agree with Darkcrawler though. Namor 7/10.

DarkCrawler
I mean that Thor wins 7/10. confused

But if teh fight would happen underwater, then the result would be different...

olympian
"Seems like everyone knows this except olympian."

And the writers for what it seems. Everytime he went toe to toe against Hulk and Herc - fresh out of water- he was stated as evenly matched. Now if you ask if hes a low class 100 or high its another matter.

Out of water after some time he goes down the class 100 to wharever you like to tag him with. Or the handbooks.

Peace.

whirlysplat
Thor wins his stronger and more durablesmile

olympian
Agreed. Thor is a high brick in that class and more durable. Not to mention he has more figthing skills.

Fanboy
Thor would win Namors strength is no where near to Thors.

olympian
That would make it sound like he cant compete with them. Hes in that class just on a lower rating than the others. He will give a fight like he always does.

jrodslam
Is this fight underwater or on land?

Namor has stalemated Hercules on land as well as trade blows with Hulk on occasion. Didnt do to bad against Surfer as well(although it was a very short scuffle).

He is also said to be in the same class as Hulk and Thor.

Personally i dont think that Thor is a better grappler than Hercules, and Namor had Herc in a full-nelson submission. However Thor is a very formidable h2h combitant.

On land Thor 7/10
In water Namor 7/10.

Sentry
Ok...

Scenario 1: They Battle In Waist Deep Water...

Scenario 2 : They Battle On A Football Stadium...

olympian
Namor wins the scenario 1

Thor wins scenario 2

leonidas
one of namor's better feats was SOUNDLY defeating dr doom underwater as well. after he ripped apart doom's near-impregnable vessel. no weapons, underwater namor absolutely - i'd go as far as 10/10 - thor can't last indefinitely underwater. on land it would start off close but thor would simply outlast him. here i'd say the opposite - thor 10/10. he'd obliterate namor with his hammer out of water. in the water with thor's hammer, that'd be a tougher one. godblast should still work, as well as lightning - though someone says namor can absorb lightning/electricity?! with his hammer underwater, i'll say thor 6/10. but i'm not sure about that one . . .

IDealinDreams
This is a pretty good fight; both of them are pretty powerful, and I think I agree with Leonidas. So, basically, I guess this match is a tie, sort of - but if you have to go with one winner, I guess in a sort of tie breaker (since Thor wins on land and Namor wins in the water) I'll go with Namor, if only because, as battle-weary as Thor is, Namor just seems craftier.

Of course, Namor is such a situational character, it's hard to call any fight with him in it down the middle - which is a big reason he's so interesting, I suppose.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Sentry
Ok...

Scenario 1: They Battle In Waist Deep Water...

Scenario 2 : They Battle On A Football Stadium...

i wouldn't be so quick to give Namor the win in water... especially if it's only waist deep... all that would do is give him slightly more stamina..... but compared to Thor's stamina it's inconsequential..... Thor will fight for days or weeks on end if he has too... and do so without breathing for days (he's stated he can go for 3 days without a breath..... and he's in space quite often)

i'm going to give both battles to Thor, Namor is outclassed in strength, durability, stamina, experience, skill..... he can only hope to equal Thor in rage.... but that's a bit iffy as well.... and if Thor does go into a rage he may not stop with Namor.... Atlantis could end up destroyed

smile

jinzin
i could see this as being an epic fight, and it really could go weither way but I'd venture to say that the outcome of the fight is contingient on it's location..... I definietly see this fight lasting long enough to greatly hinder namor if they are out of water and thor simply outlasting him to gain the advantage...but if the fight DOES get dragged into water thor will end up just like hulk did....

all this is of course assuming thor's not smacking him with lightning bolts.

Never
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Namor = Class 100. Accept it.

If you are responding to me, get a clue. olympian opined that Namor was always Class 100. He wasn't. Just like Colossus was not always Class 100.

leonidas
<<Namor is outclassed in strength>>

i'm not sure about that scoob. namor punked the abomination handely in the water. waist deep i might agree with you. if namor drags him into the deep water, a serious speed advantage would go to namor i think. strength in the ocean would be too close to call. and thor may be the more experienced overall, but underwater fighting experience is not even remotely close. i think namor beats him cleanly in the ocean depths. if he ko's hulk in his element, can't see why thor would be different.

jinzin
agreed...i defer to my previous post.

leonidas
<<agreed...i defer to my previous post.>>

heheh. that was a lot easier than that little go 'round we had re: spidey v wolvie a while ago. ah, the memories . . .

good times!

smile

and just as i say you should post more in other threads . . .

jinzin
lol..I know I kinda found that ironic too....yep...good times...good times....

K Von Doom
Namor has a flight advantage. He wouldn't have to rely on a standing-still punch to KO Thor, the momentum that flight gives him gives makes him harder to hit and a punch from flight adds momentum to Namor's strength. 50/50 probably.

Scoobless
Originally posted by K Von Doom
Namor has a flight advantage. He wouldn't have to rely on a standing-still punch to KO Thor, the momentum that flight gives him gives makes him harder to hit and a punch from flight adds momentum to Namor's strength. 50/50 probably.

to an experienced combatant your own momentum just gets added to the force used against you... i could see Thor slamming Namor into the ground if he flew at him

joesha28
Thor can use Godforce from his body.

Scoobless
Originally posted by joesha28
Thor can use Godforce from his body.

yeah... but it's usually a last resort

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Never
If you are responding to me, get a clue. olympian opined that Namor was always Class 100. He wasn't. Just like Colossus was not always Class 100.

Nah, I responded to the guy who said that Namor is Class 85.

Dr.SpiderHulk
Thor is god......of thunder I see him winning....

olympian
"If you are responding to me, get a clue. olympian opined that Namor was always Class 100. He wasn't. Just like Colossus was not always Class 100"

My opinion is that Namor always belonged to Marvels Top Tier. At the time Fantastic Four showed up and the Avengers there was no class 100. Thing was stated in a comic to be at class 5 and he together with Hulk and Thor wer the strongest at the time. They had evenly matches.

Unlike namor. Colossus was never in the very Top of Marvel strongmen wherever you take the old ratings or the ones that came after.

The moment class 100 became the norm for the strongest earth base beings to be with, Namor became one also. That doesnt mean he can stay with that strengh level all the time. Its already stated and showed that the more he stays in land the more he gets weaker.

However on water and fresh out of it he is a pure class 100. Low, middle or high its another story.

joesha28
Namor is strong i'll think Thor will tire in water. But will beat him in a last resort attempt.

Land: Thor 9/10
Water: Namor 6/10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.