Magneto and Silver Surfer vs. Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Timslar
Wait...! There's more.

Magneto has a kryptonian body and everything that comes with it in addition to his amazing EM powers.

Silver Surfer has a green lantern ring.

vs

Thanos and he's still very powerful stick out tongue

I'm not exactly sure how the hero side would make use of the new power, or on the exact level of power Thanos has. But, I'll add in guys if it calls for it..

Have fun. smile

demigawd
Ohhh...ok, I think the team can take this.

long pig
They'd definatly need all that shit to win.

demigawd
But they WOULD win. wink

long pig
Maybe.....

I actually doubt it. Surfer knows jack about using the ring and Magneto with a superman body is just a strong Magneto, Thanos is stronger.

demigawd
It would make Magneto naturally more powerful because he body could even better process his power, he wouldn't tire as quickly, and best of all...he could function as his own yellow sun. SUPER POWER UP!!!!

long pig
If that's the case then they win, gorsh darn it.

But how would Superman's body increase magneto's ability to weild and control magnetic forces? And how does he function as his own sun?

Sounds pretty neat, though.

demigawd
Just reverse what Dr. Polaris did to Superman. He removed yellow sun radiation (EM energy) from Superman, weakening him in the process. As Magneto, he can do the opposite and charge himself up with higher levels of yellow sun radiation, essentially putting himself at the power level Superman had when he fought Darkseid.

Beyonder
Thanos wins. Even with a Kryptonian body, I'd still rate Magneto below a skyfather or Tyrant, both durability and power wise.

demigawd
Well, I'd rate Thanos below a skyfather or Tyrant, too.

long pig
Thanos is in arms reach of Skyfather.
Odin smacked him up real good, but there were no clear winner of that fight, Thanos wanted more.

Beyonder
Originally posted by demigawd
Well, I'd rate Thanos below a skyfather or Tyrant, too.

roll eyes (sarcastic) Big surprise. You also thought Magneto could dump Thanos into a blackhole and win that way.

He ain't skyfather level in power, but his durability is.

Beyonder
Odin
Tyrant
Galactus
Walker

That's who Thanos takes shots from and is still standing. Odin had to pull out Gungnir. Tyrant destroyed half his citadel and the Titan still emerged. He left, but Tyrant pulled out a full onslaught for that to happen.

Magneto with Kryptonian body? That means what sh!t now? Thanos slugged it out with Warrior Madness Thor w/ Power Gem. He put Thor into a force block which held him. He pulls the same trick on Magneto and Maggys out.

demigawd
I never seriously said Magneto could dump Thanos into a black hole and win that way, and you know it.

Besides, you agree with me - Thanos IS rated below skyfather and Tyrant. So your point was moot. Everyone on this thread is below skyfather and Tyrant. By a lot.

Odin could have beaten Thanos with whatever he wanted, he didn't NEED Gungir. And Odin wasn't even phased. Thanos has a looooong way to go before he gets to Odin level. Thanos isn't even solidly at Elder level.

Magneto with a kryptonian body is like energy Superman+ regular Superman, and he can supercharge himself to the CL200+ range. Combine that with speedblitzing and Silver Surfer and Thanos is going down hard.

Beyonder
I never seriously said Magneto could dump Thanos into a black hole and win that way, and you know it.

Oh please, you meant it in the BB Vs. Magneto. Then I posted Thanos Vs. Magneto to view your opinion and fellow posters. You came in with the whole blackhole deal. Then when fellow posters laughed at you; you turned around and said you were kidding and declared Thanos the winner.

Don't b.s. things. You first post was hardly a joke. There wasn't any indication. You tried to save face with the "I was just kidding" line afterwards.

Powerwise maybe. Durability-wise? Heck no.

He wasn't phased, but neither was Odin. It wasn't about Odin not being hurt - it was about getting Thanos out of his realm. He wanted to put down Thanos; he mentioned it throughout the fight.

Guess what? He couldn't. He then pulled out Gungnir to fight Thanos. Guess what? He couldn't PUT DOWN Thanos. Thanos' durability is up there on skyfather level. Or maybe you missed the part where Thanos survives at blast that sent him throught Odin's castle? Or the part where he waded through Gungnir?

Really? So your little equation has it that Magneto's attacks would be more powerful that Odin with Gungnir? Or Tyrant, Walker, Beyonder, or Galactus' attack?

Thanos has already stomped Surfer with his bare hands. A ring? You think Thanos isn't going to notice it and rip it from Norrin?

Class 200? Thanos is above that? Did you miss Warrior Madness Thor w/ Power Gem? He locked that Thor up with a force block.

demigawd
Originally posted by Beyonder
Oh please, you meant it in the BB Vs. Magneto. Then I posted Thanos Vs. Magneto to view your opinion and fellow posters. You came in with the whole blackhole deal. Then when fellow posters laughed at you; you turned around and said you were kidding and declared Thanos the winner.

Don't b.s. things. You first post was hardly a joke. There wasn't any indication. You tried to save face with the "I was just kidding" line afterwards.

That's a line of crap Beyoch, and you know it. You were pissed that I was beating you and your precious Black Bolt and Gladiator up their respective vs. Magneto threads, so like a little troll you put up the vs. Thanos thread out of frustration. So I humored you and said, "Magneto wins by sucking Thanos through a black hole".

It's been long established that I put Magneto below Silver Surfer. LONG established. Don't pretend otherwise.

You sure have a thing for gluttons for punishment. All of your reasoning for every character we debate is how much they can take without dying. First Doom and now Thanos. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thanos wasn't phased?!? Thanos had the living shit beat out of him...what are you talking about?!?! Thanos could barely stand, he looked like absolute hell. It took supreme effort to keep going while Odin was as fresh as the morning snow. He had no offense that could do anything to Odin and his defense was faded. That fight wouldn't have lasted another minute if not stopped.

Put it this way, if it were a boxing match, it would have been stopped by the doctors or the ref long before. TKO.

It was clear Odin was doing it for sport. He kept saying, "Do you yield, villain?" Gungir isn't one of Odin's most powerful weapons.

Thanos is like Surrender Monkey from X-Force - he knows the exact precise time when to quit to maximize how good he looks. Galactus beat the hell out of Thanos. Thanos was on his knees begging for mercy WITH his tech forcefield that he brought during prep time. Thanos looked like utter hell after Odin was through with him. Thanos turned tail and ran when he saw he was taking too much damage against Tyrant.

Magneto, being self-powering, would be more powerful than Drax's attacks, and Drax HAS hurt Thanos. More powerful than Thor, and Thor HAS hurt Thanos. Thanos couldn't do anything to Thor. He ran like a ***** because he knew he couldn't win otherwise, so he got a gun to trap him. This is a no-prep fight. Thanos doesn't have his gun handy.

Yes! And Norrin will stand there, up close to Thanos, and let it happen, despite the fact that he specializes in long range attacks! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yes, because he couldn't beat him otherwise. So he pulled a gun from another room and used it to block Thor. Great showing. Coward.
laughing

Here's some more food for thought. Magneto is able to amplify his strength 400 fold with EM energy. His base strength is in the CL 1/4 range somewhere, so it puts him in the CL100 range. Now...imagine him with a base of CL 100.

Wow. Thanos gets his ass kicked.

kgkg
I think you missed the part where Odin says Thanos is the strongest F@cker his fought in years

Remember this is Odin ---- the same guy that shook the multiverse in his battle with Seth
-------- Same guy that knocked both Drax , and SS out easily

Thanos lasting that long and Odin really trying shows his durability is near Sky father, if not equal.

sports lol that's why he was so pissed that he couldn't bring him down

Magneto being self-powering whould be more powerful than Drax ---- ohh ya magneto will have infinite streght wink

Magneto with supes body is nothing more than a cheap Silver Surfer.

Silver Surfer had very little effect on Thanos , magneto is dead quickly

Thanos was giving mad Thor a good fight , as you know THanos has no times for game.

SS always gets owned by thanos

He pulled a GUn , he didn't need to when he fought odin did he , he doesn’t need gun?

and Mad Thor ----- had more power than Drax , Silver Surfer , BRB etc

Mad Thor with power gem ------- Destroyed all the heroes: Silver Surfer , Adam , and Strange etc

ohh ya mag is at that level

olympian
"He wasn't phased, but neither was Odin"

Thanos was indeed phased. He could barely get up again. There is nothing indicating he could take more, just that he wouldnt give up. Wich is in character.

http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/view.php?trd=041006140444&q=scan

Theres nothing indicating Odin went at full power either. He sure didnt fought like he did against Infinity, Mangog or Surtur.

"Yes! And Norrin will stand there, up close to Thanos, and let it happen, despite the fact that he specializes in long range attacks"

When did Surfer ever had a chance of beating Thanos?

"I think you missed the part where Odin says Thanos is the strongest F@cker his fought in years

Remember this is Odin ---- the same guy that shook the multiverse in his battle with Seth
-------- Same guy that knocked both Drax , and SS out easily

Thanos lasting that long and Odin really trying shows his durability is near Sky father, if not equal."

More like near yes, i wouldnt consider it equal since of the two Thanos was definatly in the worse shape. Odin didnt seemed to be bathered or tired the slighest. The fact he tried on the other hand shows Thanos mad durability.

demigawd
Originally posted by kgkg
I think you missed the part where Odin says Thanos is the strongest F@cker his fought in years

Which I don't see as more than typical overstated hyperbole because....

THAT is what happens when Odin actually exerts himself. Dimensions get wiped out, multiverses are shaken, stars ignite. His battle with Thanos...caused some property damage.

Or are you saying Thanos is more powerful than Seth? Galactus? Celestials? The Dark Gods? Sutur? I've seen Odin struggle, I mean, REALLY struggle before against people. Odin was just pissed he needed to exert any energy against someone he pretty much dismissed as one of his son's little playthings.

But make no mistake, if Odin treated Thanos the way he would treat Sutur...that fight wouldn't last more than three panels. And that's being generous. Do you disagree?

Drax too? Impossible! He has infinite strength!

Superman has taken shots from Omega Beams, said to be able to wipe reality from existence. He's taken shots from Galactus level beings and beyond by Anti-Monitor, Parallex, Millenium Giants, and more. So let's not discount kryptonian durability, here. Now, amplify that with unlimited yellow sun radiation AND a forcefield able to withstand attacks from the likes of Phoenix and Galactus and Magneto has durability on par with or beyond Thanos.

Because he figured. "This is one of my son's enemies. This isn't Sutur, this isn't Set, this isn't the Midgard Serpent....this is just...THANOS". Are you saying that Odin was honestly trying his hardest?

Actually...yes. Remember, the kryptonian physiology now has the capacity for unlimited strength in times of stress. Combine that with constant high level exposure to yellow sun energy and you basically get instant Superman Prime....Magneto.

So unlimited strength, unlimited speed, high level energy manipulation, impenetrable forcefields and the ability to grow more powerful at will. Sorry...Thanos isn't getting out of this conscious.

Oh yeah, and Surfer is there too.

kgkg
the fact is Mag + supes body ------- how does that make him above SS?

demi?

olympian
"Drax too? Impossible! He has infinite strength!"

I have the doubt if in theyr home realm Skyfathers can reach infinite power as well?

Other than that, and getting back to the question: having infinite strengh doesnt mean in the slighest you cant get ko. Or lose a fight/slugfest. Ask the Hulk.

demigawd
Originally posted by kgkg
the fact is Mag + supes body ------- how does that make him above SS?

demi?

It's the unique interaction of what Mag's power is and what Superman's power source is. Superman becomes Superman Prime with sufficient EM energy absorption. Magneto generates it virtually without limit. That gives him the ability to be as powerful as he wants. Including more powerful than the Surfer....or Thanos.

Originally posted by olympian
"Drax too? Impossible! He has infinite strength!"

I have the doubt if in theyr home realm Skyfathers can reach infinite power as well?

Other than that, and getting back to the question: having infinite strengh doesnt mean in the slighest you cant get ko. Or lose a fight/slugfest. Ask the Hulk.

I was being sarcastic. It was from another thread.

K3VIL
Thanos has wiped out SS before, he's stronger than Superman and has energy manipulation powers and exceptional hth skills wich will rend Mag powers useless.
Power Cosmic>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>EM Control
Thanos durability is his major advantage in every fight.
After his first death, the Death itself, his lover, enhaced Thanos energy manipulation powers, strenght, and over all, his durability, making him nearl indestructible, yes you can knock out him, but you must be a a strong son of a b.it.ch to do it.And if Odin, holding back to avoid excessive damage to Asgard, can hit Thanos so hard he stands up with some difficult, certainly it means the titan wasn't at his limit.
Thanos is ineed one of the most durable guy, so even when his strenght isn't enough, he pull out a victory cause he can just keep standing up.
Thanos is durability, AND strenght, while other beings had major strenght and less durability, Thanos is the opposite thing, yes he has a limit but it's high.

whirlysplat

Besides, you agree with me - Thanos IS rated below skyfather and Tyrant. So your point was moot. Everyone on this thread is below skyfather and Tyrant. By a lot.

Odin could have beaten Thanos with whatever he wanted, he didn't NEED Gungir. And Odin wasn't even phased. Thanos has a looooong way to go before he gets to Odin level. Thanos isn't even solidly at Elder level.

Magneto with a kryptonian body is like energy Superman+ regular Superman, and he can supercharge himself to the CL200+ range. Combine that with speedblitzing and Silver Surfer and Thanos is going down hard.

Supes is way above class 200 in strength

teddygreen17
I think Maggs and SS can pull it off. In superman's body with super speed, high tolerance to pain and all these other powers. He literal becomes the most powerful mutant in the universe. He could eventually lift galaxies off their magnetic plain and combined with SS new power (he would help him control and solidify the matter that Maggs lifts up). Then Maggs would smash Thanos between two galactal size planet. That's assuming Thanos doesn't have prep and SS can hold him off for about 25 min.

Nataku8188
If Surfer knew how to use the GL ring, he'd be almost unstoppable. He's been stated many times to have an almost unbreakable willpower.

Timslar
Finally, I made a good thread. Lots of good stuff, I'm hearing.

K3VIL
Originally posted by teddygreen17
I think Maggs and SS can pull it off. In superman's body with super speed, high tolerance to pain and all these other powers. He literal becomes the most powerful mutant in the universe. He could eventually lift galaxies off their magnetic plain and combined with SS new power (he would help him control and solidify the matter that Maggs lifts up). Then Maggs would smash Thanos between two galactal size planet. That's assuming Thanos doesn't have prep and SS can hold him off for about 25 min.
Oh, yes, cause Thanos is gonna stay here letting Magneto smashing him with planets.Thanos can teleport, without effort, tough he can't fly.
He can just teleport away while Magneto is moving the planets, and blast him from distance, then engage him in hth fight.
This thread is just like Odin and Thanos VS full JLA Roster, a chance to grant Superman and SS fanboys to see the mighty titan struggling and being defeated, can't you accept that Superman isn't the strongest and more powerful guy around and that there are plenty of beings with physical might superior to his own?

demigawd
I agree that Thanos is stronger than Superman. BUT, we're not talking about Superman. We're talking a kryptonian with absolute control over the very thing that grants him his powers. We're talking about an EM energy process that would increase his strength, speed, abilities by a factor of 400.

So imagine Superman, 400 times more powerful than he already is, with an impenetrable forcefield and absolute control over all electromagnetic fields. Thanos teleporting won't do anything...Magneto will be able to sense where he'll re-appear (it's one of his powers) and be blasted with the mother of heat vision, amplied with the power of radiation across the EM spectrum. It's just...just...wow. Slaughter.

Thanos dies. Slaughter.

hoorayforpeepee
power cosmic is not>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>than EM control. surfer, all he ever does is launch heat/force blasts with power cosmic.. nothing more sophisticated, aside from threats of radiation.

magneto, however, has control over a force that comprehensively features every known energy in the universe.

i'm gonna have to say that this uber-magneto could take thanos down.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by hoorayforpeepee
power cosmic is not>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>than EM control. surfer, all he ever does is launch heat/force blasts with power cosmic.. nothing more sophisticated, aside from threats of radiation.

Like the time he empowered Shalla-bal's spirit so life would bloom wherever she walked? The time he turned obliterator's (I think thats his name) guns to flowers? He never does things like that you say?

kgkg
Originally posted by Nataku8188
Like the time he empowered Shalla-bal's spirit so life would bloom wherever she walked? The time he turned obliterator's (I think thats his name) guns to flowers? He never does things like that you say?
ya or the time he turned rock cave into gas.

Power Comic can do virtually anything

Manipulate matter (to make anything or change anything)

it works on people to

magneto can’t compare

demigawd
I agree. I see the PC as a certain low level reality manipulation. EM energy controls the physical universe, and at extremes, can warp time and space. But it can't bring the dead to life, it can't artificially evolve planets millions of years in a day, and it can't turn people to stone, no matter how powerful it is. Magneto has more in common with Quasar than Surfer.

But this isn't Surfer vs. Magneto.

K3VIL
I agree that Thanos is stronger than Superman. BUT, we're not talking about Superman. We're talking a kryptonian with absolute control over the very thing that grants him his powers. We're talking about an EM energy process that would increase his strength, speed, abilities by a factor of 400.

So imagine Superman, 400 times more powerful than he already is, with an impenetrable forcefield and absolute control over all electromagnetic fields. Thanos teleporting won't do anything...Magneto will be able to sense where he'll re-appear (it's one of his powers) and be blasted with the mother of heat vision, amplied with the power of radiation across the EM spectrum. It's just...just...wow. Slaughter.

Thanos dies. Slaughter.
Tell me, please, the 400 factor, it's just an assumption of yours isn't it?
Heat Vision?EM Spectrum?
Power Cosmic, have you ever heard about it?
Thanos has smacked SS without effort before.This thread your fanboy attempt to see Magneto win over someone he shouldn't mess with.

demigawd
Not my thread...I didn't make it, just responded to it. Fine theory, but summarily disproven.

Now then - Magneto actually said that his electromagnetic power increases his strength "a thousandfold", but I figured that's hyperbole. However, given that it does make him Class 100, you can calculate that it's actually 400 fold, assuming that Magneto's base is in the Class 1/4 range (500 lbs, and even that is way high)

As a matter of fact, I do believe I have heard of the Power Cosmic. That's that energy that happens to be wielded by my partner on this thread...Silver Surfer...armed with one of the most powerful weapons in the universe. What about it?

Timslar
I made this thread to be fun. I chose Magneto with a kryptonian body because the powers work so well together. When I did make this, I wasn't convinced that would be enough (Coming around though) so I added the Silver Surfer with something that complimented him as well.

What's with this hostility? sad

Beyonder
That's a line of crap Beyoch, and you know it. You were pissed that I was beating you and your precious Black Bolt and Gladiator up their respective vs. Magneto threads, so like a little troll you put up the vs. Thanos thread out of frustration. So I humored you and said, "Magneto wins by sucking Thanos through a black hole".

It's been long established that I put Magneto below Silver Surfer. LONG established. Don't pretend otherwise.

Stop lying out of your trap hole, Demigawd. You actually thought Magneto could throw Thanos into a blackhole and win. Don't give me this catpiss about you just kidding. You only said you kid, after your post was riddiculed and laughed at by fellow posters.

As for your long establishment? That was only after you realized PC would own the f#ck out of Magneto.

Then show me when Thanos was completely K.O.ed in a fight to a being below Galactus or a Cube Being?

Everybody knows one of his greatest asset is his durability...everyone except YOU! If power counts, durability counts. Otherwise, don't bring that sh!t about Magneto's shield never being broken before as evidence of anything.

Maybe you should read the dialouge and not just look at "purty pictures."

Odin: Titan, you are more worthy a foe than I anticipated.
Thanos: Meaning you are shocked that I still remained breathing.
Odin: Precisely. But let not this compliment be taken in any erroneous manner. You Doom is assured.

A few panels later, Odin pulls out Gungnir to put Thanos down. And still couldn't.

Last scene of the fight where Odin's standing...

Odin: It has been EONS since I have fought such a foe. Even in defeat you are an ADVERSARY WORTH SALUTING, THANOS OF TITAN.
Odin: Do you yield villain?
Thanos: *slowly standing up* No.
Odin: *pissed look on his face*

BRB and Sif stopped the fight.

Clear? Did you missed the part where Odin pulls asteroids to fight Thanos? Or where he said Thanos was a WORTHY FOE and later pulled out Gungnir? Maybe you missed the part where Thanos gets up from a direct attack of Gungnir than later wades through its attack? Or the part where the dust settled and Odin said I HAVEN'T FOUGHT SUCH AN ADVERSARY FOR EONS. And that Thanos was worthy saluting? Or the part where Odin asked Thanos to yield and Thanos said NO - to which Odin looked pissed and both were ready to go at it again?

Point to the scan where Odin looked like or even said by him or narration that Odin was sporting? Odin throughout the fight wanted to put Thanos done and still couldn't/

What the hell are you talking about with the X-Force? He was kicking Thor, Thing, Hulk, and Hercs butt during IW.

Galactus? Yeah, like Magneto with Kryptonian body is at Galactus' levels, which is above Cube Being and Skyfather level.

When has Drax hurt Thanos, except before his power up? Even that Thanos destroyed a planet in his fight with Drax. Nowadays, a pimpslaps Hulk and Drax at the same time. Even before the power up, he was kicking Thing and Thor's ass.

Norrin can do what to Thanos? He'll Norrin is good, but Thanos is leagues above Surfer. Did you missed the fight where Surfer's full blast did nothing and Thanos asked him if he was done? Or where he beat Surfer up with only his fist? Surfer w/ GL means Surfer can do what now?

I didn't see the gun when he fought Odin. Also, he slugged it out with Thor on even terms. He got bored and pulled out his weapon. Or did you missed the parts where Thanos was pounding Thor and loving the fight as well?

Wow, you can pull numbers out of your ass. I'm IMPRESSED! If you want, Thanos under his own power transmutted a skrull into stone without much effort. Magneto gets turned into stone. And no, he ain't dodging Thanos cause he doesn't know Thanos' abilities.

demigawd
Originally posted by Beyonder
Stop lying out of your trap hole, Demigawd. You actually thought Magneto could throw Thanos into a blackhole and win. Don't give me this catpiss about you just kidding. You only said you kid, after your post was riddiculed and laughed at by fellow posters.

I defy you or anybody else to go to that thread and bring me the evidence that I was doing anything but humoring you. Nobody else even posted to that before you did and went apeshit, at which point I stepped in and explained. You were trolling and I was making fun of it. I've made several statements that Magneto is below Surfer. In fact, there was a Magneto vs. Surfer thread that came out BEFORE the Magneto vs. Thanos thread where I said that. I wouldn't have said that if I thought Magneto could beat Thanos, would I?

In fact, let's end this now. I found the thread myself:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=323967&highlight=bloodlust+magneto

My quote that Beyonder is talking about:

My follow up quote:

The "..." should have given that away to anybody with half a brain.
And given everybody's reaction was, "Demigawd is clearly joking, he's being sarcastic", it seems you're the only person who didn't get it, and YOU actually had to defend YOUR belief that I wasn't joking from THEM. I didn't have to do jack shit.

But wait! There's more! You also undid your entire smear tactic on that thread by quoting me from the much older "vs. Gladiator" thread that got your all pissed off in the first place:

So now that I'm summarily disproven everything you said...again...are we ready to move back on topic?

Great!

Continuing...

Completely KO'ed? Odin had him out on his feet. Thanos was the walking dead. You honestly don't believe Odin could have knocked Thanos out if he kept going?

Honestly?

If your answer is anything but, "yes, I believe Odin would have knocked Thanos out if it kept going", then you're out of your damn mind and there's nothing more I need to say to you.

Durability does count, of course. What about it? The difference is, now Thanos is fighting somebody more durable than he is. Superman and Thanos has comparable durability feats - combine that with one of the best forcefield in the business. Thanos' durability edge is gone. Magneto now has the edge in durability, strength and speed.

When he says, "It has been EONS since he fought such a foe, do you honestly believe that means that THANOS is the most powerful foe Odin has fought in EONS? Odin fought SETH, you think Thanos is more powerful than Seth? Odin fought Mephisto, you think Thanos is more powerful than Mephisto? Odin fought GALACTUS. You think Thanos is more powerful than Galactus? Odin fought the goddamned CELESTIALS. C'mon. Odin's statement can only mean one of two things:

1)Superhero Hyperbole.

2)"It's been a long time since someone's been stupid enough to take that kind of beating and come back for more".

Neither is particularly complimentary

Clear?

So in other words, you're saying that Odin was going all out on Thanos? Is that what you're saying? That Thanos took the best Odin had, like when Odin destroyed galaxies against Seth and dimensions against Mephisto and Sutur, and didn't go down. Is that what you're saying?

Fanboy in its purest form. Bottle it and sell it on wolverine.com.

On a power scale of 1-10, Odin was about a 2. Anybody who knows a single thing about Odin knows that that was small scale compared to what he can REALLY do. Odin, from his words, clearly underestimated Thanos' ability to take a beating because he saw him as being one of his son's villains. He was impressed that Thanos took a beating.

Try this: If BRB hadn't stopped the fight, how much longer do you think it would have continued? If Odin switched the dial from 2 to 5, what would have happened? If someone messed with Odin's mind and Odin saw Thanos as Sutur, would Thanos have done as well?

Think about that before you start throwing that crap up as proof that Thanos is supreme. He's a long way from skyfather.

Magneto with a self-empowering kryptonian physiology pretty much can reach Superman Prime levels at will. Superman Prime IS at near Galactus levels, and certainly above both Cube Beings and Skyfathers.

And a Magneto with 400x base Superman's strength is beyond them all. Did you have a point?

Someone already explained that Surfer has one of the strongest wills in the business. That means that all the GL cosmic constructs are orders of magnitude more powerful than they'd be with most other GLs. It's essentially reinforces his cosmic power with everything he does. Additionally, he can further empower Magneto with yellow radiation energy. Kryptonian physiology has unlimited solar absorption capacity.

It doesn't matter. Thanos can do it, Surfer can undo it. Magneto then speedblitzes Thanos with class 40000 strength. Then...just for YOU, Beyonder, Magneto OPENS A BLACKHOLE and sucks Thanos in.

Beyonder
I defy you or anybody else to go to that thread and bring me the evidence that I was doing anything but humoring you. Nobody else even posted to that before you did and went apeshit, at which point I stepped in and explained. You were trolling and I was making fun of it. I've made several statements that Magneto is below Surfer. In fact, there was a Magneto vs. Surfer thread that came out BEFORE the Magneto vs. Thanos thread where I said that. I wouldn't have said that if I thought Magneto could beat Thanos, would I?

In fact, let's end this now. I found the thread myself:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=323967&highlight=bloodlust+magneto

My quote that Beyonder is talking about:

My follow up quote:

The "..." should have given that away to anybody with half a brain.
And given everybody's reaction was, "Demigawd is clearly joking, he's being sarcastic", it seems you're the only person who didn't get it, and YOU actually had to defend YOUR belief that I wasn't joking from THEM. I didn't have to do jack shit.

But wait! There's more! You also undid your entire smear tactic on that thread by quoting me from the much older "vs. Gladiator" thread that got your all pissed off in the first place:

So now that I'm summarily disproven everything you said...again...are we ready to move back on topic?

Proven what? That you think Magneto could've thrown Thanos into a black hole. Or that the iron blood trick would work on Thanos, except Thanos could reverse it because he had cosmic power. Newsflash, Thanos is an alien. He's an eternal, their biology is different, transmution and such don't affect them. It ain't cause the trick works, but cosmic powers prevent it.

Honestly? Yes. Read the book again and look at both the dialouge and action. You make it sound as if Odin was just playing. Hell, he was pissed most of the time. Odin ain't the most powerful being Thanos has taken shots from. Did you missed Tyrant, Beyonder, Galactus, Omega, Walker?

I ain't the one whose out of my mind. Your the one who believes Superman Prime is on the level of Galactus and above Cube Beings and Skyfathers.

Read the entire issue. Odin took out both Surfer and Drax. Thanos, Strange, and the IW were invading his realm and stomping his warriors. Don't give me this crap about Odin just sporting.

Superman has comparable feats with Thanos? OMG, you know what of Thanos now? Since when did Superman backhanded both Hulk and Drax at a gesture? Or took on Herc, Thor, Hulk, and Thing at the same time? Taken a full power cosmic blast from a herald level type like Surfer with blood lust on - and I mean Surfer level not low end heralds like Nova or Firelord.

Stupid? Your calling Thanos stupid? Try determined. Heck, he even fought Tyrant for fun. And atleat Thanos never became a drooling vegetable - which is beyond stupid.

As for Odin's statement, not everything is. He mentioned it through his fight. His statement about Thanos being a worthy adversary and worth saluting ain't hyperbole.

As for Seth, what about Seth? Did I ever say that Thanos was on Odin's power level? I stated his durability is.

As for Mephisto, what did Mephisto do after Thanos clear dooped him out of a working cosmic cube during Infinity Crusade. Ummm, nothing. He was pissed, and Thanos was grinning the whole time.

Neither did Odin's fight with Doom w/ Galactus' powers. Galaxies weren't affected. What's your point? Seth > Galactus' powers? Were galaxies destroyed when Atum fought Set, the Elder god? Atum > Odin. Set > Seth.

Right. You know more about Odin than I do. roll eyes (sarcastic) And stop pulling out numbers like that. Scale? Try your opinion. Hell, Odin viewed Thanos and IW as invaders of Asgard - who had also IMPRISIONED his son.

Thanos a villain of Thor? Trying, Thor is a punching bag for Thanos whenever Thanos felt like it. Sort of like Drax, Surfer, Hulk, Thing, Herc.

Try this, aside from ripped clothing, Thanos liked fine when BRB and Sif stopped the fight.

Powerwise maybe, durability-wise no.

laughing out loud Prime spent thousands of YEARS in the Super Sun to reach his levels. Magneto isn't reaching at will. Stop making assumptions. Thanos reached his level through Mistress Death's power up. You know Death don't you?

Prime ain't near Galactus' level. Where you get this I don't even know. Show me a feat Prime has done to put him at that level. Solaris was defeated by the GL ring, it was a weakness of his like Kryptonite to Superman.

As for Prime being more powerful than 1 Million, it doesn't mean he has 1 Millions abilities. Moving galaxies and punching through time is because of IMP blood in 1 Million. Imps can mess with 3D universe as they please. 1 Million inherited it - Prime didn't. Before claiming Prime can do what 1 Million can, show me feats of him doing these things.

Prime ain't on Galactus' level. Cube Being level? Are you serious? Molecule Man easily pulled Beyonder out of Kosmos from across space and time. Their fight destroyed planes of reality. Odin himself has transported Gladiator back to the future.

Prime has ever proven he can do what 1 Million can. Nor can you prove 1 Million is above skyfather level.

Where are you getting these numbers from? Thanos turns him into stone or puts him into a force block.

Surfer is also a pacifist. Thanos knows Surfer to well and has always stomped Surfer. As for what he can do for Magneto, Thanos would bash Surfer's face in with his face again. Surfer couldn't even handle one blast from Odin. Nor did his full might do a thing to Thanos, but have the Titan ask him if he were don't. The GL ring? It ain't a cosmic cube or IG.

Surfer can undo it? Is that why Thanos has owned Surfer every time? Hell, Thanos has stomped Thor and humiliated him. And Thor usually gets the better of Surfer in a fight. Thor threw Mjlornir at Thanos, Thanos raised his hand - and the hammer dropped to the ground. Surfer is getting his ass kicked as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.