Sphinx vs Apocalypse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Battle of the conquerors

whirlysplat
Sphinx after he had asborbed the Xandarian Computers was almost in Galactus's league. He lost to Galactus.

He waste Apoc

Standard Spinx probably losesbig grin

leonidas
yep. that wa sa cool fight. back in the day it was COOL when g fought. i always liked the sphinx. his power really fluctuated though, and i didn't like it much when he sort of became nova's primo opponent. those were soem good issues, though, gotta admit. i also liked his revival in new a new warriors arc (or was that a new sphinx? female? can't completely remember, i just remember enjoying it). i thought the new warriors were cool too. well, except night thrasher . . .

a skate board?? come on . . . what, next they gonna put some cosmic level enitity on a surfboard!?

smile

whirlysplat
Originally posted by leonidas
yep. that wa sa cool fight. back in the day it was COOL when g fought. i always liked the sphinx. his power really fluctuated though, and i didn't like it much when he sort of became nova's primo opponent. those were soem good issues, though, gotta admit. i also liked his revival in new a new warriors arc (or was that a new sphinx? female? can't completely remember, i just remember enjoying it). i thought the new warriors were cool too. well, except night thrasher . . .

a skate board?? come on . . . what, next they gonna put some cosmic level enitity on a surfboard!?

smile

love it laughing remember when Night Thrasher attacked Terrax on his "Board" ironic or what. Terrax laughed and said he was oing to perform a mercy killing as Thrasher was obviously insanebig grin

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirly rock

Mainstream
http://www.geocities.com/x_villains/apocalypse/apoccy7.wav

leonidas
umm, okay . . .

and whirly, that was the same arc ironman ko'd terrax by absorbing the power cosmic, wasn't it? ironman rox!

olympian
That female Sphinx was damn cool, one of my favourite stories. She was punking everybody.

About regular one that fought Galactus, he still wins. Apoc is not at that league. At least he never convinced me that he was.

K3VIL
Originally posted by olympian
That female Sphinx was damn cool, one of my favourite stories. She was punking everybody.

About regular one that fought Galactus, he still wins. Apoc is not at that league. At least he never convinced me that he was.
Indeed he'll never be.
Apocalypse is a wanna be god and ruler, that gets smacked down from the X-Men or other mutants, Sphinx is what Apocalypse dreams to be.
Apocalypse is hide somewhere crying for his last defeat.
I'm waiting for Xplosive coming out with infinite power and limtless energy and blabla

Xplosive
Originally posted by K3VIL
Indeed he'll never be.
Apocalypse is a wanna be god and ruler, that gets smacked down from the X-Men or other mutants, Sphinx is what Apocalypse dreams to be.
Apocalypse is hide somewhere crying for his last defeat.
I'm waiting for Xplosive coming out with infinite power and limtless energy and blabla

Tell me when Apocalypse lost to X-Men, really lost, that they crushed him. I really don't remember. In his weakest stare he ****ing destroyed 6 X-Men under 60 seconds (Collossus, Storm, Angel, Beast, Quicksilver, Iceman), has fought opponents that are in cosmic league and have much greater power than X-Men combined and he held his own (and he made
PE Ikaris look like joke). Tell me when he lost to X-Men. I have all comics about Apocalypse, all, but I really don't rememebr when he lost to X-Men, so enough of this Apocalypse losing to X-Men.

Mainstream
Originally posted by Xplosive
Tell me when Apocalypse lost to X-Men, really lost, that they crushed him. I really don't remember. In his weakest stare he ****ing destroyed 6 X-Men under 60 seconds (Collossus, Storm, Angel, Beast, Quicksilver, Iceman), has fought opponents that are in cosmic league and have much greater power than X-Men combined and he held his own (and he made
PE Ikaris look like joke). Tell me when he lost to X-Men. I have all comics about Apocalypse, all, but I really don't rememebr when he lost to X-Men, so enough of this Apocalypse losing to X-Men.

indeed anymore Apoc losing to xmen talk and it's curtains see curtains ya mooks mafia2

whirlysplat
umm, okay . . .

and whirly, that was the same arc ironman ko'd terrax by absorbing the power cosmic, wasn't it? ironman rox!
No this was Begginings it was just about the first New Warriors story arcbig grin The one where Nightrasher dropped Nova off a buildig to see if he still had his powers.

demigawd
Apoc gets demolished. He's nowhere close to Sphinx's level. X-factor fought Apoc and his horsemen at the same time and drove them off in the issues leading up to #63. Apoc grew to huge size and blasted and blasted against X-factor and the Inhumans, who weren't even dodging. The result? No deaths, no injuries. So either he's a weakling with the energy blasts, or he's the worst shot in the history of comics. And finally, Apoc is killed by Scott, Jean and young Cable in Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix. And he's killed by Scott, Jean and adult Cable in the 12 storyline.

So you're right Xplosive....the X-men never HAVE beaten Apoc. It would have been overkill. Only three were necessary...

Mainstream
Apparently killed.

Xplosive
Originally posted by demigawd
Apoc gets demolished. He's nowhere close to Sphinx's level. X-factor fought Apoc and his horsemen at the same time and drove them off in the issues leading up to #63. Apoc grew to huge size and blasted and blasted against X-factor and the Inhumans, who weren't even dodging. The result? No deaths, no injuries. So either he's a weakling with the energy blasts, or he's the worst shot in the history of comics. And finally, Apoc is killed by Scott, Jean and young Cable in Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix. And he's killed by Scott, Jean and adult Cable in the 12 storyline.

So you're right Xplosive....the X-men never HAVE beaten Apoc. It would have been overkill. Only three were necessary...

Demigawd you are not right. X-Factor + Inhumans= were useless against Apocalypse. That blast, why no injuries (writer wanted them to survive, Apocalypse gieven in cosmis class, why do you think he defeted the likes of PE Ikaris, why do you think Loki coulnd't do anthing, Cyclops saying he has unmacthable supremacy). Why Jean killed him in 12, it's because she has special connection with Cyclops. Why he died in Adventures, far too old, far from his power. And due to Cable, he wasn't even killed in 12 storyline. Apocalypse has never been defeated by X-Men. Only three were necesarry (and why overkill, why were 6 powerful X-Men defeated more than easily). You are really annoying Demigawd, thinking you are always right. Apocalypse power is far beyond those of X-Men and has never been defeated when he was in power and even wekaend. And we all know that Apocalypse is one of the guys who was written mayn times badly, unlike some Magneto. And we all know If writters would be objective, Magneto should and would die along time ago permanetnly more than easily (and for Magneto, you really don't need big power to kill him at all). With objective writting, Magneto is one of the mutants who are easy to kill. For Magneto it was enough not three, but one X-Man to crush him, Logan.

hoorayforpeepee
apoc sucks.

Mainstream
Originally posted by hoorayforpeepee
apoc sucks.

take that back ya mook or it's curtains...curtain for yous....mafia2

whirlysplat
He does though big style

Mainstream
Originally posted by whirlysplat
He does though big style

yous can't talk bout da boss like dat mafia2

Xplosive
Originally posted by Mainstream
yous can't talk bout da boss like dat mafia2

No one can talk like that.

Mainstream
Apoc says this too anyone who hates him

http://www.geocities.com/x_villains/apocalypse/apoccy8.wav

http://www.geocities.com/x_villains/apocalypse/apoccy6.wav

is he truly dead? let find out shall we

http://www.geocities.com/x_villains/apocalypse/apoccy9.wav

demigawd
Demigawd you are not right. X-Factor + Inhumans= were useless against Apocalypse. That blast, why no injuries (writer wanted them to survive

Oh, so now we get to pick and choose PIS within the same storyline? Ever consider that maybe they weren't doing damage to each other because the writer didn't want anything to happen? See, you Poccy fanboys love bringing up the fact that Poccy took a Black Bolt scream, but then conveniently ignore the fact that Poccy was blasting his hardest and couldn't hit an ant with a tactical nuke from stationary targets.

So you're going to have to choose. If it's PIS, then that whole scene is PIS. If it's not PIS, then Poccy has really good defense and piss poor offense. Neither is particularly flattering to him. So...what's it gonna be?

He didn't beat PE Ikaris. There was no result. And Poccy was as ineffective against Loki as Loki was against Poccy. Loki busted up Poccy's machines easily. Poccy landed one shot, which did no damage, they traded some energy blasts, and that was that. Loki is Class 40...so that's not impressive.

Poccy couldn't even keep his grip on Caliban when holding him. And Calibain isn't exactly an A-1 powerhouse, lol.

S'called "love". She loved him so much that she kicked Poccy's ass. "Special connection" indeed. That's the worst excuse I've ever heard for Poccy getting his ass beat in my life, lol.

So much for "immortal", huh?

Your statement was that Poccy has never been beaten by the X-men, not that he was never killed by the X-men. He got his ass kicked by Jean, Scott and Cable. And, like I said before, he was beaten and chased off by X-factor in their series on at least one occasion. Apoc and ALL of his horsemen couldn't kill five little mutants, including such powerhouses as BEAST and ANGEL??? hahahahahaha

Now you're seeing things the right way!

They weren't a team, they were suddenly attacked and there was no coordination in the beginning, then Colossus and Archangel did nail Poccy, but held back in the end to try to get Poccy to talk. Poccy then used his ship's tech to blast them. Not impressed. Compare that to Poccy with his whole Masters of Evil team trying and failing to beat X-factor.

It's because I usually am right.

Aside from all the times I named.

Oh, well, now we're using the "bad writing" excuse. Dude, Poccy has only made but so many appearances. So what, now, any appearance you approve of is good writing, any appearance you disapprove of, bad writing, even in the same issue? What ridiculous crap.

whirlysplat
Apoc is crap really, trust old Whirly on thisbig grin

Mainstream
"tremble before your master"

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Mainstream
"tremble before your master"

your very kinky mainstream, but I am not into that stuff, strictly straight and vanilla.smile sorry

Sentry
Hmmm... Sphinx takes this. Even though he got his a$$ handed to him by Black Bolt.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/vssphinx19mx.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/vssphinx25qz.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/vssphinx31pn.jpg

Sphinx still wins though. If Sphinx was at the level when he fought Galactus, then this would be an even bigger curbstomp than it is now.

Mainstream
Originally posted by whirlysplat
your very kinky mainstream, but I am not into that stuff, strictly straight and vanilla.smile sorry

ah hahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahaha

leonidas
good scans sentry. but i gotta think bb could take apoc as well.

Sentry
good scans sentry. but i gotta think bb could take apoc as well.

I very much agree with you. Sorry Mainstream, Apoc's kinda weak. He's cool though.

Mainstream
he's written weak....he's not weak...am I weak...(don't answer that) come X4 there shall be an ending to all things mortal...thier shall be...an Apocalypse...ah hahahhahahahhahahahahah (hahahahhahahahahha)

K3VIL
In Age Of Apocalypse, after he failed to drain energy from X-Men to keep his reality warping powers, he teleported away from the X-Men with the Living Monolith cause Cable was gonna smackdown him, the only reason he saved his butt what that idiot of Jean Grey stopping Cable.
Apocalypse beat Colossus, Storm, Angel, Beast, Quicksilver, Iceman.
Apocalypse is Class 100, he can beat Colossus on regular basis, he can grow to gigantic size, and slap Storm, what is Beast gonna?Talk to him about Shakespeare and science?Quicksilver was the old one with not even supersonic speed, and with his strenght he can't do much to him, Angel wasn't in possess of the heal factor, not that it would have made difference, but if you call that a victory, ok, touch yourself.
It's more impressive Thanos, Hulk, Juggernaut, or Doomsday, that X-Men roster is pathetic.

K3VIL
Demigawd you are not right. X-Factor + Inhumans= were useless against Apocalypse. That blast, why no injuries (writer wanted them to survive, Apocalypse gieven in cosmis class, why do you think he defeted the likes of PE Ikaris, why do you think Loki coulnd't do anthing, Cyclops saying he has unmacthable supremacy). Why Jean killed him in 12, it's because she has special connection with Cyclops. Why he died in Adventures, far too old, far from his power. And due to Cable, he wasn't even killed in 12 storyline. Apocalypse has never been defeated by X-Men. Only three were necesarry (and why overkill, why were 6 powerful X-Men defeated more than easily). You are really annoying Demigawd, thinking you are always right. Apocalypse power is far beyond those of X-Men and has never been defeated when he was in power and even wekaend. And we all know that Apocalypse is one of the guys who was written mayn times badly, unlike some Magneto. And we all know If writters would be objective, Magneto should and would die along time ago permanetnly more than easily (and for Magneto, you really don't need big power to kill him at all). With objective writting, Magneto is one of the mutants who are easy to kill. For Magneto it was enough not three, but one X-Man to crush him, Logan.
Logan killing Magneto it's just thanks to Wolverine being popular.
Magneto can just drop out of his body the adamantium living him near to death as in the past and proceed into killing him.
Magneto, like Graviton, has powers which rend him almost unbeatable when well written.
Apocalypse can tap into "limitless energy resources", but except for PIS stories hasn't accomplished anything concrete.
Look at the other major enemies in both D.C. and Marvel Universe:

Darkseid, tough he has been depowered to a punching-ball is the ruler of Apocalypse and a Skyfather and was one of the few guys able to match Superman and was on par with the Highfather.

Parallax has reshaped the Universe reality.

Krona, in AVENGERS/JLA, beat down the Grand Master with ease and GALACTUS in 3 punches.A collective assault of JLA and Avengers wasn't even able to shake his force field.

Thanos has obtained the power of god, he was the wearer of the IG, and took an assemble of heroes which beat him cause he let them doing it.The IG wearer can lose only if he want it deep in his conscience.

Dr. Doom ruled the Earth and give up the power cause he was annoyed.

Graviton was going to reshape the continets surfaces to resamble his face, and stopped in mid air all the major cities of earth and all the heroes.He lose cause he let the Thunderbolts reach him in an excess of confidence, he don't even attacked them.

Xplosive
'' but then conveniently ignore the fact that Poccy was blasting his hardest and couldn't hit an ant with a tactical nuke from stationary targets.''

HARDEST BLASTING, HAHAHAHHA, In X-Factor, I think that was far from his most powerful blast, he was smiling while shooting, if you give everything from yourself, you can't smile, fact for every living being everywhere.

''He didn't beat PE Ikaris. There was no result. And Poccy was as ineffective against Loki as Loki was against Poccy. Loki busted up Poccy's machines easily. Poccy landed one shot, which did no damage, they traded some energy blasts, and that was that. Loki is Class 40...so that's not impressive.''

What Demigwad, he didn't beat PE Ikaris, he crushed him, PE Ikaris saw he can't win the fight and he blew the ship, but Apocalypse beat him, and he beat him extremely easily.
About Loki, Loki blasted him, doing absolutely nothing, he than crushed into Apocalypse head, Apocaylpse smiled, Loki was hurt.

'' And, like I said before, he was beaten and chased off by X-factor in their series on at least one occasion. ''

He wasn't betatn , he only left.

''He got his ass kicked by Jean, Scott and Cable.''
Haahah

In 12 storyline, Apocalypse beat the crap out of Cable, was taking Scott body, so he was kicking Cyclops and Cable ass. Later he lost due to Jean and Scott special connection.
''He got his ass kicked by Scott and Cable''.
Again Apocalypse beat the crap out of Cable, was taking Scott body, so he was kicking Cyclops and Cable ass.

Xplosive
''In Age Of Apocalypse, after he failed to drain energy from X-Men to keep his reality warping powers, he teleported away from the X-Men with the Living Monolith cause Cable was gonna smackdown him, the only reason he saved his butt what that idiot of Jean Grey stopping Cable.''

Stil, he wasn't beaten.

''Apocalypse beat Colossus, Storm, Angel, Beast, Quicksilver, Iceman.
Apocalypse is Class 100, he can beat Colossus on regular basis, he can grow to gigantic size, and slap Storm, what is Beast gonna? It's more impressive Thanos, Hulk, Juggernaut, or Doomsday, that X-Men roster is pathetic.''

He was fightin opponents alone who are far more powerful than X-Men.
He doesn't need to grow, in his weakest state he made them look like joke (those X-Men). And do you remember how Apocalypse easily beat Hulk, Hulk begged Apocalypse to let him go, fact and than when Apocalypse let him go, Hulk was affraid to attack him again.

Xplosive
''Logan killing Magneto it's just thanks to Wolverine being popular.''

Yup, bad writing, but unlike Magneto, Apocalypse has been written even more badly more often. And let's face it, if they wanted Magento dead, with objective writing, he should be dead along time ago an much more easily to kill him than Apocalypse. The fact is like the same with Logan, popular Magneto, written very good, while they can kill him so easily.

''Magneto, like Graviton, has powers which rend him almost unbeatable when well written.
Apocalypse can tap into "limitless energy resources", but except for PIS stories hasn't accomplished anything concrete.''

When Apocalypse well written, he is given in cosmic class and has fought cosmic opponents and held his own and made X-Factor + Inhumans a joke (and made PE Ikaris a joke).

demigawd
'' but then conveniently ignore the fact that Poccy was blasting his hardest and couldn't hit an ant with a tactical nuke from stationary targets.''

HARDEST BLASTING, HAHAHAHHA, In X-Factor, I think that was far from his most powerful blast, he was smiling while shooting, if you give everything from yourself, you can't smile, fact for every living being everywhere.

Cyclops said it himself - Apocalypse was desperate to keep his plan going, so he just skipped all the fancy fighting he was doing in previous conflicts and just grew huge and start firing energy blasts. Cyclops said it was to mask an achilles heel he had. So clearly, Apocalypse was going all out...he had to, his entire future and all his plans were at stake. Cyclops himself made that observation. As for Apoc smiling...Cyclops said it himself - Poccy was trying to mask a vulnerability. If you LOOK desperate, it gives away your hand. It's called a Poker Face in english. You pretend that everything is ok to make it look more hopeless than it is for your opponent...even though inside, you're sweating. Villains do that all the time. That's the best excuse you could come up with?

Well, first off, he didn't beat or crush Ikaris. It can be argued that Apoc did better, but he was a LOOOOONG way from taking Ikaris out. If you want to see what Ikaris looks like when he's taken out, reference his fight with Black Bolt. THAT is Ikaris in trouble.

Loki blasted him, and Poccy was hurt. Poccy blasted Loki, and Loki just dodged (Poccy has terrible aim). Loki was talking when he ran into Poccy head, where he fell down. Poccy tried to capture Loki, but Loki easily escaped and continued to fight. Caliban had to jump in to cause Loki to back off and leave.

haha, yeah, ok.

"Horsemen! Let us kill them!"
*five minutes of X-factor kicking their asses later"
"Horsemen! We didn't lose, and they're not dead, but we're leaving for no reason that relates to the fact that I told you to kill them but they're still alive and you guys are limping around no thanks to me"

Yeah, he "left" alright.

IT'S CALLED LOVE! Apocalypse lost because Jean was pissed that Cyke was hurt and rocked Poccy's world. HAHAHAHAHA. What a lame excuse. They beat him...they won. Now he's dead.

Apoc had to take Cyclop's body because Jean ruined his. He was completely beaten by those three. Completely. Again.

Face it, Apoc is just Silvermane in an exosuit.

K3VIL
''In Age Of Apocalypse, after he failed to drain energy from X-Men to keep his reality warping powers, he teleported away from the X-Men with the Living Monolith cause Cable was gonna smackdown him, the only reason he saved his butt what that idiot of Jean Grey stopping Cable.''

Stil, he wasn't beaten.

''Apocalypse beat Colossus, Storm, Angel, Beast, Quicksilver, Iceman.
Apocalypse is Class 100, he can beat Colossus on regular basis, he can grow to gigantic size, and slap Storm, what is Beast gonna? It's more impressive Thanos, Hulk, Juggernaut, or Doomsday, that X-Men roster is pathetic.''

He was fightin opponents alone who are far more powerful than X-Men.
He doesn't need to grow, in his weakest state he made them look like joke (those X-Men). And do you remember how Apocalypse easily beat Hulk, Hulk begged Apocalypse to let him go, fact and than when Apocalypse let him go, Hulk was affraid to attack him again.
You forgot to mention it was POST ONSLAUGHT Hulk, the one weakned from being separated from Banner and being the connection point of two universes

Xplosive
''Cyclops said it himself - Apocalypse was desperate to keep his plan going, so he just skipped all the fancy fighting he was doing in previous conflicts and just grew huge and start firing energy blasts. Cyclops said it was to mask an achilles heel he had. So clearly, Apocalypse was going all out...he had to, his entire future and all his plans were at stake. Cyclops himself made that observation. As for Apoc smiling...Cyclops said it himself - Poccy was trying to mask a vulnerability. If you LOOK desperate, it gives away your hand. It's called a Poker Face in english. You pretend that everything is ok to make it look more hopeless than it is for your opponent...even though inside, you're sweating. Villains do that all the time. That's the best excuse you could come up with''

Apocalypse didn't give all from him (I see you never trained anything, or gave all from you, because then you would see what I mean). Apocalypse didn't give everyhitng=fact. Demigawd, don't be smart, you can't smile, even if you want to cover, you can't smile and shoot if you are giving all you got, fact, fact, think man, he didn't give everything, far from that. He could increase much more than he was, he could shoot much more powerful blast. Don't search excuses.

''so he just skipped all the fancy fighting he was doing in previous conflicts and just grew huge and start firing energy blasts.''

You know what that means, we never saw Apocalpyse using all never, and he didn't fire all he got, far from that.

''Well, first off, he didn't beat or crush Ikaris. It can be argued that Apoc did better, but he was a LOOOOONG way from taking Ikaris out. If you want to see what Ikaris looks like when he's taken out, reference his fight with Black Bolt. THAT is Ikaris in trouble''

He crushed Ikaris. He made hole throgh PE Ikaris. The fact is, he was far too much for PE Ikaris. And Apocalypse didn't want to kill him, cause he wanted to show for others to see that he beat PE Ikaris pretty easily. He crushed PE Ikaris, but PE Ikaris blew ship, cause he saw he can't even fight agiasnt Apocalypse. The point is, he handled PE Ikaris pretty easily.

''Loki blasted him, and Poccy was hurt. Poccy blasted Loki, and Loki just dodged (Poccy has terrible aim). Loki was talking when he ran into Poccy head, where he fell down. Poccy tried to capture Loki, but Loki easily escaped and continued to fight. Caliban had to jump in to cause Loki to back off and leave.''

Did you read that comic, Loki blasted, he wasn't hurt for 0.1 %, come on, what are you babling about. He was only blown away cause the force was strong to blow him away, but he was in no pain, no hurt, only Loki was hurted when he blasted into Apocalypse head, Apocalypse was smiling.

''IT'S CALLED LOVE! Apocalypse lost because Jean was pissed that Cyke was hurt and rocked Poccy's world. HAHAHAHAHA. What a lame excuse. They beat him...they won. Now he's dead.''

Apoc had to take Cyclops body because Jean ruined his. He was completely beaten by those three. Completely. Again.''

Again, Apocalypse was kickig the crap out of Cable and Scott body, if there wasn't Jean, thse two would die pretty easily. And again, due to Cable, he isn't dead.

olympian
Black Bolt has the best winning record at Marvel. Together with Warlock.

Anyone has the Spinx/galactus match? Or the female spinx one.

demigawd
There's really no point in my continuing this. I won't convince you, and everybody on the board except you knows Apoc is a joke. Just look at the responses on EVERY Apoc thread. EVERY ONE OF THEM. He's totally ridiculed by every poster, lol. They don't even think FIVE Apocs can beat Thanos on that other thread. But you go right ahead with your little fanboy beliefs. More power to you.

Good luck convincing anybody but Mainstream, though.

Xplosive
Originally posted by demigawd
There's really no point in my continuing this. I won't convince you, and everybody on the board except you knows Apoc is a joke. Just look at the responses on EVERY Apoc thread. EVERY ONE OF THEM. He's totally ridiculed by every poster, lol. They don't even think FIVE Apocs can beat Thanos on that other thread. But you go right ahead with your little fanboy beliefs. More power to you.

Good luck convincing anybody but Mainstream, though.

You can't convince me because you are wrong (and especially saying he didn't beat PE Ikaris, you are convincing yourself), and many here didn't even read half of stories Apocalypse is involved.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.