Official Release Date Of The Episode III DVD

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Vader05
Nov 1: Experience Episode III on DVD and Star Wars Battlefront II
July 25, 2005

This November 1st will be a landmark day for fans to celebrate the saga with two major releases in Star Wars home entertainment. The explosive and emotional finale to the saga,Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith, arrives on DVD and Star Wars Battlefront II, the sequel to the most successful Star Wars game ever, arrives on Xbox, Playstation 2, Windows PC and Sony PSP formats.

Lucasfilm and Fox Home Entertainment present a two-disc set for the Revenge of the Sith DVD, with uncompromising picture and sound mastered directly from the original digital source material. The DVD will include a brand-new full-length documentary produced by Lucasfilm Ltd. as well as two new featurettes -- one that explores the prophecy of Anakin Skywalker as the Chosen One, and the other that looks at the movie's amazing stunts. A 15-part collection of Lucasfilm's groundbreaking web documentary series, Making Episode III, will also be included in the set. A two-level playable demo of Star Wars Battlefront II is also included on the DVD.

"Revenge of the Sith gave audiences an extraordinary experience, and we want this DVD to do the same," said Jim Ward, Vice President of Marketing and Distribution for Lucasfilm Ltd. "From the beginning of production, George wanted to be sure we chronicled everything that went into the making of Episode III specifically to create an incredible DVD experience. This DVD has literally been three years in the making, and it's going to be a fantastic way to complete the Star Wars saga at home."

In addition to its November 1st debut in the U.S. and Canada, Revenge of the Sith debuts on DVD in most major territories around the world on or about the same day.

For those who actually want to live out the action of the Star Wars universe, there's Star Wars Battlefront II, available on the same day. LucasArts' sequel to the smash hit Star Wars Battlefront adds all new space combat, playable Jedi characters, and never-before-seen environments straight out of Episode III to the hard-hitting action. In addition to the group combat, Star Wars Battlefront II also has an all-new single-player experience that transports gamers through an epic, story-based saga centering on Darth Vader's elite 501st Legion of stormtroopers.

Gear up for the combat zone by pre-ordering Star Wars Battlefront II from StarWarsShop.com and receive an exclusive free T-shirt displaying the game's logo. You can pre-order by clicking here.

Start planning your viewing parties now! With the November 1st release of Episode III on DVD, it will mean that the entire Star Wars saga -- from The Phantom Menace to Return of the Jedi -- will be available on DVD.

Keep checking starwars.com as more details of this set become available, and for behind-the-scenes looks at many of the features of the Episode III DVD, make sure you're a member of Hyperspace: The Official Star Wars Fan Club.

Just wanted to let everyone know!

DeVi| D0do
Damn, you beat me! stick out tongue

Official cover art:
http://img336.imageshack.us/img336/5814/200507252bg6qr1as.gif

JKozzy
Ooh!

I like it. A little lighter than what I thought. I would've been satisfied with the poster, but this is cool.

darthmonkey9206
very nice! big grin

matreid
The cover art is nice!

I expected a shot of grevious on the cover, but we don't need that pansy anyways! stick out tongue

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by matreid
The cover art is nice!

I expected a shot of grevious on the cover, but we don't need that pansy anyways! stick out tongue

Bet ya $10 he's on the back cover.

matreid
Well, that's a given! wink

Ast Rofan
I like the cover, but the mix of art and photo is odd. Are the other 6 like that? The mask and the duel are artwork.

Darth Nauj
Cant wait till it comes out big grin

vader519
This is awesome, and I like the cover.

Captain REX
Originally posted by JKozzy
Ooh!

I like it. A little lighter than what I thought. I would've been satisfied with the poster, but this is cool.

They have to keep up with the collage of pictures-style they set for the DVDs, rather than the actual art they were issued with, which is what I would prefer for any and all of them...

theshakl
To be honest, i'm not very impressed....

*runs away*

The New History
oh damn cool, can't believe I missed this!

mandalorian_war
i think the vader helmet looks kind of weird

Anakin2Vader
If anyone is motivated to make a useable cover out of this pleeeease do so. I would appreciate it very much

BAILY
I think it is the best cover since AOTC

Darth_Vader05
I agree with Baily best DVD cover for any of the films and i can wait to watch them all from The Phantom Menace - Return Of The Jedi.

adamrubin

adamrubin
ANAKIN HAS NO SCAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

ApolloX
!!!! or you just cant see it from the smallness of the picture??

stunna1773
wut does the cover for battle front 2 look like

Tulak Hord
This uber sucks! I'm at a stand still......Buy Ep III or buy BF II.....I hate those people for releasing 'em both at the same time....

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Tulak Hord
This uber sucks! I'm at a stand still......Buy Ep III or buy BF II.....I hate those people for releasing 'em both at the same time....

Get em both of course. stick out tongue

Start savin'.

Tulak Hord
Man, to waste 100 bucks just like that? Whew...

Ken Kenobi
Man, to waste 100 bucks just like that? Whew...

$100?!

The DVD when it first comes out will be about $15.00 from Wal-Mart (and if Toys-R-Us does what they did with Episode II you'll be able to pick it up for $9.99). BF II should only cost $40.

Tulak Hord
$15.00 for such a great movie? HOW COULD THEY!

Ken Kenobi
.00 for such a great movie? HOW COULD THEY!

Because Wal-Mart always has great deals the first week a movie is out. My place to shop for new releases.

Tulak Hord
Well I'll just wait on BF II.

muserke
I'm saving my money to buy BF II and I'll probably get the DVD for Christmas. Or buy it sooner if I really can't wait.

The Ones
Originally posted by stunna1773
wut does the cover for battle front 2 look like

this:

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/video/img/20050725_3_bg.jpg

GGgrievous725
thats cool i want to get that is it out yet?

The Ones
no. nov 1st

GGgrievous725
oh that sucks big time

muserke
Originally posted by The Ones
this:

Holy shit, that's cool.

I hate the DVD art though.

Tulak Hord
Awwwsome cover! It's better than Ep III's. Mm....well, I can always get the movie later. I saw it, so I know what goes on. but with BF II....it's unpredictable...yeah, movie can wait. Xmas is the best time of year lol. BF I was cool for those days when you were really pissed off, and needed to kill.

landon8
I already have ROTS on DVD and ripped on my computer SHHHhhh..... :P I'm gonna put it on my PSP soon

The Ones
well it is clear you dont want any of the extras then do you?

GGgrievous725
yeah ive seen the ones of the computer they stink really bad lighting and sometimes cant get to see the whole screen

The Ones
ive got a perfect bootleg on my pc but i'd rather have the dvd

Darth Nauj
Originally posted by The Ones
this:

OMf*cking god that looks awesome eek!

The Ones
no shit sherlock

landon8
actualy I could prove to you that my ROTS DVD is PERFECT. it wasn't pirated (filmed in the theater) the lighting is PERFECT the sound EVERYTHING. if you have MSN I could send you the movie but I don't want to get in trouble LOL.

nazgūl-lord
it's perfect for me that they release both ep III and Battlefront on nov 1st coz my birthday is nov 2nd

Ast Rofan
Originally posted by landon8
actualy I could prove to you that my ROTS DVD is PERFECT. it wasn't pirated (filmed in the theater) the lighting is PERFECT the sound EVERYTHING. if you have MSN I could send you the movie but I don't want to get in trouble LOL.

Congratulations, I have had it on my computer for weeks. But if you hold on to that and dont buy the "real" DVD, you are an ass.

Ushgarak
These boards are massively uninterested in the quality, or existence, of pirated gear. Talk about the real thing or nothing, thanks.

Darth_Vader05
I agree Ushgarak i dont think i labled this thread as the bootleg DVD of Episode III i thought i named it the Official Episode III DVD thread.

vader519
And why are downloading the movie off the web. You know I see people on the forum talk about how the want ROTS to make $400 million, yet they are downloading the movie off the web.

darthmonkey9206
i saw rots 4 times in the theater while i had the copy on my computer, and i plan to get the dvd aswell.

adamrubin
Originally posted by darthmonkey9206
i saw rots 4 times in the theater while i had the copy on my computer, and i plan to get the dvd aswell.
me to

landon8
lmao who doesn't have ROTS yet!? jk but I DO!!! I freek people out when they see me watching it on my PSP now. and when people walk by my house they see ROTS playin on my big screen HAHA

garn
I own an official copy of the ROTS DVD as well, you can only get it from special storez.

Bicnarok
I hope the DVD has all the cut out bits put in, the movie had too many holes in my opinion

Darth_Vader05
God people just wait until November 1st for the official release date buy the DVD dont get Battlefront 2 on the same day wait a couple of days to buy Battlefront 2 well thats what im doing any ways....

The Ones
why? i have enough money to get em both at the same time

elfprincess101
OMGI CANT WAIT FOR THE DVD!!!!!!! AAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! i saw it in theaters 4 times but thats not enough for me! lol when i get it i will probably watch it every day!!!!!!!!! best sw movie ever!! big grin big grin big grin big grin

McGregorGirl
Any news on when they will have all six episodes in one box set?

Stunrun
November 1st - am counting down the days big grin - mostly excited for the deleted scenes and most of the extras, and ofcoarse - endulging myself in Battlefront II for a few hourshappy

obiwills
Gah, I've never even played Battlefront 1! What's it like? Are there lightsaber duels at all? Those are my favorite in Star Wars games. I love the Star Wars Ep III game just for the duels.

McGregorGirl
Originally posted by Stunrun
November 1st - am counting down the days big grin - mostly excited for the deleted scenes and most of the extras, and ofcoarse - endulging myself in Battlefront II for a few hourshappy

For both ROTS alone AND the 6 ep boxed set? Excellent!

Will be the ONLY thing on my wish list...LOL

Sith Master X
I wish they'd release an UE Soundtrack for ROTS. Alot the music in the movie is completely altered, especially Anakin Vs. Obi-Wan.

Jedi Priestess
noooooooooooooooo way the 6 piece box set comes out Nov 1st???? Thought it was just ROTS?

Sith Master X
Actually, it's looking like the ROTS DVD might not come out until Nov. 8th now, because some specs for the 2-disc set have apparently not quite been finalized.

SS_181st_Snow
Omg! 7 more days? HOW WILL WE LIVE!? AAAHHHH

.:Space Opera:.
i see no official press releases on the box set coming out on NOV. 1

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.