Thanos VS. Dormammu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sentry
Thanos Of Titan...

VS.

The Dreaded One Dormammu...

Who takes it?

Both have a month of prep. They battle in a neutral dimension where both their powers work without flaw. Both at Full Power. No Reality Gem. No Cube. No IG. No HOTU.

Debate.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/DEFEND003.jpg

kgkg
Originally posted by Sentry
Thanos Of Titan...

VS.

Who takes it?

Both have a month of prep. They battle in a neutral dimension where both their powers work without flaw. Both at Full Power. No Reality Gem. No Cube. No IG. No HOTU.

Debate.

ill picture

Dizzle
Probably Dormammu. Cuz we've all seen what Doc Strange can do with some prep time. And Dormammu is quite the magic dude, if not quite up to the snuff of the Sorceror Supreme.

long pig
Dormmamu definatly.
He's beyond power, he's the shit.

That pic from Defenders #3?

Sentry
Originally posted by long pig
Dormmamu definatly.

Yup.

kgkg
Originally posted by long pig
Dormmamu definatly.

Dormmamu is a beast sometimes; he got even got to battle eternity.

Strange: "bla bla bla"
Eternity: " no one may speak at my presence"

Thanos won't matter his powers aren't effect like Dor

long pig
Eternity was pissed that a mortal was even in his realm the first time he met Strange.
The Ancient One was the only Earthbased being he ever had communication with until Strange.

Eternity was a total dick until the next few times they met.

Zahit
The Dread Dormammu is hella powerful magic entity.
I would say his powers are greater in scope than even Thanos.
Although Thanos could possibly outsmart him, but Dormammu
is practically indestructible. His weakness is his own arrogance.
Dr. Strange beats him by exploiting that weakness, not with powers.

Dormammu even had the nerve to go after Eternity.
Thanos would not try that without the gauntlet or something.

who?-kid
Definitely Dormammu. He is above Thanos.

leonidas
<<Definitely Dormammu. He is above Thanos.>.

agreed. that means me and kg and long all agree! shouldn't we close kmc now? how can things actually get better?

smile

whirlysplat
Originally posted by leonidas
<<Definitely Dormammu. He is above Thanos.>.

agreed. that means me and kg and long all agree! shouldn't we close kmc now? how can things actually get better?

smile

I agree as wellsmile

guy222
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Thanos Of Titan...

VS.

Who takes it?

Debate.

Dormammu

starlock
Dormammu for the win

celestialdemon
Dormammu for the win.

Sundipped
Dormammu wins. He is really just a being of pure mystical energy. Powerful enough to do something like revert Thor back into Donald Blake.

Cosmic Flame
It's easy to say Dormammu for the win, but you can't forget that they both have a month of prep. That's an entire freaking month of prep for Thanos. I mean, power aside, he's actually taken over 616 several times, a feat the Dread One has yet to accomplish even once.

Sure, Dormammu's got tons more power than Thanos, being a mystical being himself. In this fight, that won't mean very much for simple reasons. Dormammu isn't going to spend a lot of his prep time wisely, certainly not as efficiently as Thanos. And there are very few people that can improvise like The Mad Titan on the spur of the moment. Dormammu isn't one of them.

I honestly don't think Dormammu would take Thanos seriously, seing as how he's not nearly as proficient in magic as Strange. Dormammu's ego would probably get the best of him, as it often does, and he wouldn't think Thanos would be worth exerting the effort to seriously prepare for.

And that would be a grave, grave error in judgement.

Sundipped
Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
It's easy to say Dormammu for the win, but you can't forget that they both have a month of prep. That's an entire freaking month of prep for Thanos. I mean, power aside, he's actually taken over 616 several times, a feat the Dread One has yet to accomplish even once.

Sure, Dormammu's got tons more power than Thanos, being a mystical being himself. In this fight, that won't mean very much for simple reasons. Dormammu isn't going to spend a lot of his prep time wisely, certainly not as efficiently as Thanos. And there are very few people that can improvise like The Mad Titan on the spur of the moment. Dormammu isn't one of them.

I honestly don't think Dormammu would take Thanos seriously, seing as how he's not nearly as proficient in magic as Strange. Dormammu's ego would probably get the best of him, as it often does, and he wouldn't think Thanos would be worth exerting the effort to seriously prepare for.

And that would be a grave, grave error in judgement.

But still what is Thanos going to do? He has prep but what is he going to acomplish against pure mystical energy this powerful? When he had the Gauntlet he was still worried about Strange being a problem. Dormammu is every bit as proficient (if not more) proficient in magic as Strange. After all Strange used to call upon him to envoke mystical abilities.

guy222
dormammu

Nihilist
dormammu

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sundipped
But still what is Thanos going to do? He has prep but what is he going to acomplish against pure mystical energy this powerful? When he had the Gauntlet he was still worried about Strange being a problem. Dormammu is every bit as proficient (if not more) proficient in magic as Strange. After all Strange used to call upon him to envoke mystical abilities. When was Thanos worried about Strange? Strange was nothing to the ig and could have been killed by a mere thought.

Did you also forget that Doom had Strange roughed up in ig.

TrollDog
Originally posted by Cosmic Flame

And that would be a grave, grave error in judgement. Did you read those issues. Dorms taken countless universes.
Strange is like a flea to dorm.

Bouboumaster
With one month prep?

Thanos

llagrok
Dormammu.

What's Thanos gonna do, make a gun? haermm

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by llagrok
Dormammu.

What's Thanos gonna do, make a gun? haermm

Why not? shifty

guy222
dormy

Harbinger
Dormammu wins.

rotiart
Thanks needs the helmet of fate to stan a chance

shokosugi
Dormammu wins. a better fight would be Zom vs. Dormammu

guy222
zom wins

for the thread thanos loses

vansonbee
Dormammu stomps Thanos w/o prep smile 10/10

guy222
sweet new sig buddy

KuRuPT Thanosi
I do think Thanos can take some with that much prep simply because I think Dormammu would underestimate him and Thanos would come up with a plan. However, certainly more times then not based on power level Dorm would win... 9/10

occultdestroyer
Dormammu

Tenebrous
Dormammu. I can see thanos being a threat...but Thanos is a creature of science...when has his tech ever been used against magical beings?

The only instance that comes to mind is the warrior madness thor saga, and Thor is no Dormammu by any means.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.