Thanos & Adam Warlock... Full Power!!! Run The Gauntlet!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sentry
Adam & Thanos. Life and Death. Cain & Abel. Both live outside Chaos and Order. How far do they get through this gauntlet? Both are at full power. Adam with his soul gem, Thanos has his tech and shields, along with vast quantities of power cosmic. Keep in mind, Warlock has full knowledge of all of Strange's spells. In this thread, he won't hesitate to use them.

Gauntlet:

1. Titans(Warm UP) : Robin, Starfire, Raven, Cyborg, Beast Boy, Impulse, Superboy

2. X-men: Cyclops, Emma Frost, Polaris, Colossus, Storm, Bishop, Iceman

3. Classic Avengers: Captain America, Thor(Classic), Sersi, She-Hulk, Vision, Scarlet Witch(Before Disassembled), Crystal

4. JLA(Post Crisis): Superman, Batman, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern(John Stewart), Firestorm, Flash

5. Defenders: Silver Surfer, Savage Hulk, Dr. Strange, Namor, Valkyrie, Ghost Rider(Was part of the Secret Defenders), Thunderstrike(Also joined the Secret Defenders)

6. Surtur & Ymir

7. Odin & Zeus

8. Tyrant...(85%power)

Thanos and Warlock get 2 months of prep for each battle. After each battle. Gauntlet combatants have a week of prep.

Debate.

hoorayforpeepee
they'll have a fair amount of trouble with the defenders, and i think surtur and ymir would be too much for the duo.

whobdamandog
They trounce through the Titans and X-men with prep time..if they actually make it through the Avengers..then they'll be thoroughly taken down by the JLA..

Solidus Snake
JLA takes them down

DarkCrawler
Surtur and Ymir, or Defenders take them down.

thesilverspider
if thanos or warlock have the infinite gaunlet then they probably do but without it the defenders will take em

Laminator_X
Two minths of prep for each bout?!?! They could destroy all creation with two months of prep! Eegad man!

Without the huge prep, I'd say they at least make it to the JLA, possably beyond. A lot depends on who is and who isn't going for broke. Thanos usually fights no-holds-barred, Warlock usually doesn't. Is Superman? Many variable scenarios.

thesilverspider
if warlock has magus type power then is all over

cherry cola
i think they they go all the way on this one

Laminator_X
They certainly could, depending on how things went, who matches up with whom, that sort of thing. With two months prep, some of these teams would be so thoroughly set up for a fall that they wouldn't even know who they were fighting before they lost.

Never
I damn sure don't see the JLA taking them down. I like them getting up to Surtur and Ymir.

Sentry
Before each gauntlet battle, Thanos and Warlock have two months of prep. These two are like brothers. One does something, the other counters and restores balance. Usually Thanos is the instigator. But if these two really worked together, they could accomplish alot.

Sentry
Oh, keep in mind, Warlock has full knwoledge of Dr. Strange's spells, and in this thread, he won't hesitate to use them. He is a mystic. Here is a list of most of Dr. Strange's spells:

Sentry
Continuation Of Spells:

Strange has a bit more, but I couldn't find'em. Warlock can use these spells if he actually tried, and with the amount of prep in this battle, he could possibly use them.

Laminator_X
Woah, I don't think we've ever seen Warlock do that, have we? He and Strange have soul-melded, but knowing about Strange's magic doesn't mean you're able to perform those same feats. I don't recall we've seen Warlock use skills from someone he's absorbed or melded with. He has access to their knowledge and emotions (and insanities), but that's not the same as actually performing difficult feats of skill. He certainly does seem to have some mystical capabilities, but he's never been formally schooled the way Strange has.

Sentry
Originally posted by Laminator_X
Woah, I don't think we've ever seen Warlock do that, have we? He and Strange have soul-melded, but knowing about Strange's magic doesn't mean you're able to perform those same feats. I don't recall we've seen Warlock use skills from someone he's absorbed or melded with. He has access to their knowledge and emotions (and insanities), but that's not the same as actually performing difficult feats of skill. He certainly does seem to have some mystical capabilities, but he's never been formally schooled the way Strange has.

Your right, but since he has two months of prep, he could just pick one or two out and work on those. He's a fast learner.

K Von Doom
Ditto. I havent seen Warlok perform or channel any form of magical energies - except for the Soul Gem and his Karmic blast, which are more cosmic in nature.

illadelph12
I'd say the Defenders stop them. The gautlet teams each get a week of prep. In a week Strange will have every spell in the book cast and ready for battle, Surfer will have grown some balls, and the Penance Stare would have a lot of ammunition to use on Thanos considering all the pain and death he's caused.

K Von Doom
Against the Defenders, Thanos and Warlock will know who to fight against...

Thanos vs Silver Surfer, Hulk, Namor and Thunderstrike

Warlock vs Dr Strange, Ghost Rider and Valkyrie

The duo has a very good chance of winning if they matched up like this.

long pig
Sure, Warlock hasn't shown to use Strange's magic, but it's obvious he knows how.

I'd see him and thanos making it passed the Defenders.

Warlock could learn enough with prep to counter enough of Strange's spells to where he get's double teamed.

Surtur Kills them, though.

LordFear
THey reach Odin with a tremendous amount of ease
Suture and Ymir will be serious but they would defeat them
Up to Odin and co. it's a wrap.

DigiMark007
Surtur and Ymir....I actually think they might be able to make it to Odin/Zeus and give them a decent fight. We've all seen (or heard about) the Thanos-v-Odin fight and how good it was.

These two rockin' the gauntlet with loads of prep would be tough though. They'd lay waste to the earlier teams (JLA included).

-DM

illadelph12
Question, does this mean that each tier of the gauntlet gets a week of prep, or that as Thanos and Warlock progress, each successive team has an extra week of prep for the encounter (i.e Titans get 1 week of prep, X Men get 2 weeks of prep, Classic Avengers/3 weeks of prep, JLA/4 weeks prep, Defenders/5 weeks prep, Surtur & Ymir/6 weeks prep, Odin & Zeus/7 weeks prep, Tyrant/8 weeks prep?

Nataku8188
TWO months of prep? TWO MONTHS?

With Warlock casting all those nifty spells, Thanos will be stompin' skulls like Jesus at a SF2 turbo tournament.

Sentry
Originally posted by illadelph12
Question, does this mean that each tier of the gauntlet gets a week of prep, or that as Thanos and Warlock progress, each successive team has an extra week of prep for the encounter (i.e Titans get 1 week of prep, X Men get 2 weeks of prep, Classic Avengers/3 weeks of prep, JLA/4 weeks prep, Defenders/5 weeks prep, Surtur & Ymir/6 weeks prep, Odin & Zeus/7 weeks prep, Tyrant/8 weeks prep?

No. Each tier has a week of prep. The last week of Thanos and Adam's prep.

Tier 1: 1 week or prep
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
Tier 8: 1 week of prep.

Only Adam and Thanos have two months of prep before each gauntlet battle.

Laminator_X
Really, Adam and Thanos are both such mind-blowing schemers. Imagine Odin & Zeus finding themselves drawn into a battle with Surter and Ymir. As the struggle rages, Thanos arrives and tips the scale against the monsters, but only after the Skyfathers are seriously weakenned. In exchange for his aid Thanos asks for naught but that the Skyfathers face him in battle one week hence on a barren asteroid deep in space.

Meanwhile, Warlock (himself known as the Godslayer) has spent 2 3/4 months getting Desak and the Godstalker to join him against Zeus and Odin one week hence in a battle against two deities on a barren asteroid deep in space.

Of course this asteroid just might end up having something important to the Tyrant on it (or perhaps a large bomb disguised as something important to the Tyrant gaurded by a couple of Warlock and Thanos Doppelgangers.

All this would follow close on the heels of the Justice League perishing in tragedy, ambushed in the midst of the disintegration of their peacekeeping mission to diffuse tensions between the Daxamites and the White Martians.

I think the Defenders might stand the best chance: Strange.

illadelph12
^ I think the same thing.

If Strange gets a week to prepare he can nullify a lot of the prep Thanos and Warlock are bringing to the table with spells. Warlock, even after a soul meld, is not on par with the Sorcerer Supreme. And if Surfer doesn't fight like a pacifist and is out for blood, this might be the tier they get stopped at.

I don't see the JLA taking them with that roster. If they had Dr. Fate I might have said they'd pull it off, and Supes, John, and J'onn won't go down easily, but as is I say Thanos and Warlock get stopped at the Defenders, and if not Surtur and Ymir stop them. Surtur is a beast literally and figuratively, and Ymir is his equal, just equipped with ice instead of fire. That's a LOT of magic and cosmic power to overcome, especially when they have a week to prepare.

Stupid Rookie
I have to think that the defenders would be able to stop them. Strange is super crafty and negates some of the prep time. I also don't know how much AW's knowledge of spells will help him if he doesn't have all the aftifacs (bands of c etc.)

If they get by defenders, then I really don't see how they could beat the next group.

I have to admit, I think Surtur & Ymir are a close match for Odin and Zeus. I guess it depends on where the fight takes place.

celestialdemon
As much as I would love to see them complete this gauntlet, without some supremely powerful artifact, I don't see them getting past Surtur & Ymir.

Priest
They get stopped at Odin and Zeus. Thanos before his recent upgrades was a little below odin. Right now, present time, thanos should be able to take odin. But warlock would loose against Zeus. Then Thanos would get owned by the sky father duo.
the first 4 teams would be easily be defeated. thanos alone can beat them (maybe)..

The defenders would be tough. But thanos and warlock has two months prep..we all know what thanos can do with prep. they have a chance, id say warlock and thanos beats the defenders (keep in mind that the defenders gets get a week of prep with Strange) 6-7/10.

Surtur & Ymir would be really hard for thanos, and Adam. But i don't see surtur and ymir use their prep that would equal Thanos and Adam. again prep matters, 2months f oprep would be enough to take some fights, thanos and Adam 5-6/10.
Zeus and Odin eats them tho.

Priest
Up

rotiart
I wonder... what would happen if it was Thanos with the Reality Gem. :P

King KAM
Originally posted by rotiart
I wonder... what would happen if it was Thanos with the Reality Gem. :P the same thing if he doesnt have it.

Thanos and Warlock get all the way to tyrant.

K3VIL
Stop at Surtur.Surtur is skyfather level.He can match Odin by himself.
They cannot overcome him.

Inhuman
Giving 2 months prep to thanos and warlock is too much. They could take over the universe.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I dont' see them beating the Jla, who should be higher on the chain. The flash is going to make trouble for Warlock. I dont know why john stewar is on the jla team. I guess to make the jla fare a bit worse. But even he, combined with the might of Superman and WW are enough to take out thanos. Unless thanos can beat Gladiator, Quasar and Thor at the same time, I doubt he can beat a gl, superman, and ww. roughly the equiv of the former.

guy222
hmmAngel of Death..Wraith of God...sounds familar

If the Angel gets past Lucifer, he'll be truly uber. Strange did say GR possessed Godlike powers

thanos/adam; they don't beat Surtur/Ymir

Bouboumaster
My God, Thanos soloes alone everyone to number 6. With Warlok, Thanos could maybe pass it. They loose for sure at 7. Thanos is still alive in his force field, Odin and Zeus can't pass it. But Warlok is soooo dead. Eventually, Thanos fall too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.