Superman and Gladiator team up against ultra gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
Superman just found out that Lois had died and spent one year charging from the sun at its core until his body glows with fiery energy. Gladiator has just saved the Shi'Ar empire from near destruction singlehandedly and is at his peak confidence. In other words, Superman's charged to the max with solar power and madder than hell! Gladiator is so confident that he imagines himself a GOD! Some cosmic entity (moi) decides it would be amusing to test the might of this powerful duo and presents the following daunting gauntlet:

1. Doomsday (Original version)
2. Steel, Superboy, and Eradicator
3. Iron Man, Wonder Woman, Wonder Man
4. Thor and Beta Ray Bill
5. Shazam, Hercules (Demi-god)
6. Savage Hulk and Juggernaut
7. Steel w/ Imeriex Armor, Silver Surfer and Green Lantern (Hal)
8. Mongul, Morg and Terrax
9. King Thor and Odin
10. Thanos and Tyrant

How far does the supreme duo go...do not underestimate the might of an enraged fully charged Superman and an ultraconfident battle-ready Gladiator

I say this duo makes it to King Thor and Odin, and possibly beats them.

jrodslam
They lose to team 7. However IF they were to beat them, they definately lose to team 9.

masterbruce
My take:

1. Superman and Gladiator knock Doomsday senseless before Doomsday can even react, then fly him into space and hurl him toward the nearest star

2. Superman liquifies Steel's armor suit with intense heat beams and breaks both of Superboy's arms before he even gets off his tactile telekinesis attack, Gladiator turns the Eradicator into mush with his eye beams

3. Gladiator flies toward Iron Man, taking his pulse attacks like nothing, then grabs Iron Man and crumples the armor into a tiny ball, Superman flies supersonic, grabs Wonder Woman by one hand and Wonder Man by the other, and smashes their heads together with all his force, leaving the two uncounscious

4. Gladiator speedblitzes Thor so fast and so hard the Asgardian God barely has a chance, Superman shows Beta Ray Bill that he can match Bill's savagery when angered and quickly overpowers Beta Ray Bill with barely a scratch

5. Superman and Gladiator repeat what they did to Thor and Beta Ray Bill against Shazam and Hercules

6. With one powerful uppercut, Gladiator sends Juggernaut careening into space while Superman takes on the challenge to physically mete out punishment against the Hulk, attacking with a fury and power that the Hulk has never experienced before, Superman's hyper charged bioelectric forcefield withstands the Hulk's blows, Superman unleashes a mega heat blast into the eyes of the Hulk, blinding him and ending the match

7. Silver Surfer, normally an equal of Gladiator, cannot hold his own against this ego-maniacal Gladiator, who breaks Surfer's board and defeats Surfer with a couple planet shattering punches. Superman forces his way through the myriad of energy projections fired by Green Lantern until he comes face to face with GL, grabs Gl's ring hand, and crushes it until the ring is meshed with bone, GL passes out. Steel gives his best, and lands a few shots that barely have an effect on the enraged Kal El, who shoots a supernova intense heat beam until Steel's armor overheats and Steel suffocates from the fiery of superman's rage

8. Mongul is dead before his reflexes can even trigger the initial pain response as Gladiator speedblitzes and breaks his neck. Morg and Terrax put up a decent fight, for a while...before their injuries take toll and they begin to weaken, and in the end they fall before the two supermen

9. Superman and Gladiator team up and focus on King Thor first, dishing everything they've got, full power, no holds bar (both unleash their hottest beams, tremor inducing punches, lightning fast speed blitzes)Working in perfect unison, Superman and Gladiator push King Thor's durability to the brink of failure. They then charge toward Odin and attack him relentlessly, Superman's aura is too strong to be seriously hurt by Odin's attacks, although he gets cut and bruised up a bit. Gladiator is unfazed by the injuries sustained because his focus is singular, the annihilation of Odin...Odin, being unaccustomed to being physically challenged by such fierce raw powered beings that he gets overwhelmed and is defeated

10. The Kryptonian and Gladiator fly with intense determination toward their final destination. Fighting with their full effort and exhausting their powers, Superman and Gladiator at last falter before the Tyrant and Thanos, but not without putting up a decent fight, leaving the two despots nursing serious wounds of their own!

masterbruce
Im gonna modify my previous post slightly

Superman and Gladiator will NOT make it past Odin and King Thor

Hulk Power
They'd either lose at Savage Hulk and Juggernaut and for sure Thanos and Tyrant.

K3VIL
Originally posted by masterbruce
My take:

1. Superman and Gladiator knock Doomsday senseless before Doomsday can even react, then fly him into space and hurl him toward the nearest star

2. Superman liquifies Steel's armor suit with intense heat beams and breaks both of Superboy's arms before he even gets off his tactile telekinesis attack, Gladiator turns the Eradicator into mush with his eye beams

3. Gladiator flies toward Iron Man, taking his pulse attacks like nothing, then grabs Iron Man and crumples the armor into a tiny ball, Superman flies supersonic, grabs Wonder Woman by one hand and Wonder Man by the other, and smashes their heads together with all his force, leaving the two uncounscious

4. Gladiator speedblitzes Thor so fast and so hard the Asgardian God barely has a chance, Superman shows Beta Ray Bill that he can match Bill's savagery when angered and quickly overpowers Beta Ray Bill with barely a scratch

5. Superman and Gladiator repeat what they did to Thor and Beta Ray Bill against Shazam and Hercules

6. With one powerful uppercut, Gladiator sends Juggernaut careening into space while Superman takes on the challenge to physically mete out punishment against the Hulk, attacking with a fury and power that the Hulk has never experienced before, Superman's hyper charged bioelectric forcefield withstands the Hulk's blows, Superman unleashes a mega heat blast into the eyes of the Hulk, blinding him and ending the match

7. Silver Surfer, normally an equal of Gladiator, cannot hold his own against this ego-maniacal Gladiator, who breaks Surfer's board and defeats Surfer with a couple planet shattering punches. Superman forces his way through the myriad of energy projections fired by Green Lantern until he comes face to face with GL, grabs Gl's ring hand, and crushes it until the ring is meshed with bone, GL passes out. Steel gives his best, and lands a few shots that barely have an effect on the enraged Kal El, who shoots a supernova intense heat beam until Steel's armor overheats and Steel suffocates from the fiery of superman's rage

8. Mongul is dead before his reflexes can even trigger the initial pain response as Gladiator speedblitzes and breaks his neck. Morg and Terrax put up a decent fight, for a while...before their injuries take toll and they begin to weaken, and in the end they fall before the two supermen

9. Superman and Gladiator team up and focus on King Thor first, dishing everything they've got, full power, no holds bar (both unleash their hottest beams, tremor inducing punches, lightning fast speed blitzes)Working in perfect unison, Superman and Gladiator push King Thor's durability to the brink of failure. They then charge toward Odin and attack him relentlessly, Superman's aura is too strong to be seriously hurt by Odin's attacks, although he gets cut and bruised up a bit. Gladiator is unfazed by the injuries sustained because his focus is singular, the annihilation of Odin...Odin, being unaccustomed to being physically challenged by such fierce raw powered beings that he gets overwhelmed and is defeated

10. The Kryptonian and Gladiator fly with intense determination toward their final destination. Fighting with their full effort and exhausting their powers, Superman and Gladiator at last falter before the Tyrant and Thanos, but not without putting up a decent fight, leaving the two despots nursing serious wounds of their own!
One of the crappiest reply I'll ever read.
King Thor is one the most powerful skyfathers of the MU.
Odin Force and Asgardian Rune.
Odin is King Thor with just more experience, far more.
They'll stomp Gladiator and Superman so bad, they'll retire from superhero career.Odin Force is a source of near limitless power, that can be used to enhance all physical skills, strenght, speed, reflexes, to outstanding levels.
Odin fought with Zeus all out causing Multiverse level shockwaves, Superman can only dream to be that powerful and strong, same Kallark, cause his confidence will stremble at the feet of the all father and his son.

Thanos and Tyrant reporting serious wounds?
http://www.corvusonline.net/thanos/fireball.jpg http://www.corvusonline.net/thanos/emerge.jpg
Thanos survived this, and Tyrant wasn't even going all out.

Morg and Terrax put up a decent fight, for a while...before their injuries take toll and they begin to weaken, and in the end they fall before the two supermen

Terrax starts out at 75 tons of strenght, tapping into Power Cosmic he can reach Class 100, of a high rankng.
Morg starts out as a high Class 100 which can enhance his strenght to further levels.
They both can project powerful energies and focus them into their weapons, even able to damage GALACTUS starship.
They both possess high invulnerability, high flight speed, superhuman reflexes, speed and reaction time, and Terrax can also manipulate earth for various purposes like slamming of the two supermen some mountains.
They have got raw power, they have got the strenght.
Heat Vision or Laser Eye Beams will not work on guys who travel in space and get exposed to things more dangerous and powerful.

olympian
Theres no way theyll get to Odin and King Thor. Id say for now the Hal, silver surfer and steel/with imperex armour.

That Shazam is the wizard or Captain Marvel? Hercules as demi god alone wont do much.

Solidus Snake
they'll reach level nine. but will suffer badly at 8 before they win.

thesilverspider
ill say they will lose in 7 8 or 9 with out a doubt

cherry cola
NINE SHOULD PUT THEM AWAY

masterbruce
K3VIL, if you read my next post, I corrected myself and said that superman and gladiator don't make it past Odin and King Thor

I do believe a PO'd Superman that has charged solar energy within the sun for 1 year along with an ultraconfident Gladiator (a being who can travel 100x speed of light, destroy planets and perhaps even stars?) can defeat Morg and Terrax.

When Gladiator has max confidence, he doesn't have many who could match up against him, even Galactus' heralds. And Superman, we've seen that when he's pissed off and determined, he lets nothing get in his way, even enemies who are supposedly more powerful than him. Now, do we even know how powerful Superman would be after charging 1 full year at the center of the sun...he will be at least a couple folds stronger than his normal self, which is already equivalent to Thor.

masterbruce
so is it a consensus that Superman and Gladiator will make it up to King Thor and Odin?

Does anyone think the duo stands a chance against Thor and Odin?

Will they at least put up a decent fight?

Sentry
Team 7 will take it.

Never
Agree with Team 7. Don't agree that they can knock out Doomsday before he can react considering Superman said Doomsday was a blur when he fought him himself.

Surfer and Hal Jordan???

*shudder*

whirlysplat
Supes beats them all then kills gladiatorbig grin

Keep the faith stick out tongue

Stay Whirly rock

masterbruce
remember when superman fought doomsday he wasn't really aware of doomsdays powers which kinda took him by surprise...and in the end when he got pissed off, his final blow took out doomsday

now imagine a superman thats just been charging in the sun for a year and so a enraged that his eyes glow with fury, he would not hold back and throw his strongest punches at doomsday at hyper speeds, doomsday stands no chance

While Surfer and Hal are tough contenders, do you realize the endless limitations of Gladiator when he's fully confident, (100x speed of light movement, crushing planets...etc) he will not be stopped by Hal's ring creations, nor be phazed much by Surfer's attacks

masterbruce
Whirly, was that a serious answer?

whirlysplat
Whirly, was that a serious answer?

You will never know shifty

Never
remember when superman fought doomsday he wasn't really aware of doomsdays powers which kinda took him by surprise...and in the end when he got pissed off, his final blow took out doomsday

now imagine a superman thats just been charging in the sun for a year and so a enraged that his eyes glow with fury, he would not hold back and throw his strongest punches at doomsday at hyper speeds, doomsday stands no chance

While Surfer and Hal are tough contenders, do you realize the endless limitations of Gladiator when he's fully confident, (100x speed of light movement, crushing planets...etc) he will not be stopped by Hal's ring creations, nor be phazed much by Surfer's attacks

Keke @ telling 1/2 of the story. "Pissed off?" More like desperate. His final blow took himself out also and Doomsday does not really "die," he enters a near death-like state and recuperates. Only way Superman ever "defeated" Doomsday, to my knowledge, was by taking him to the end of time. Recuperate, die. Recuperate, die. Kind of slick writing.

I'll just agree to disagree. They cannot take out Doomsday before he has time to react.

Endless limitations (um, oxymoron?) of Gladiator...Surfer rearranges matter. The Power Cosmic also = cosmic awareness.

ROFL @ not being stopped by Hal Jordan. You know, the Green Lantern. Hal Jordan man? Who became The Spectre?

Okay. I'll just stop.

whirlysplat
Blah Blah BlahOriginally posted by Never
Keke @ telling 1/2 of the story. "Pissed off?" More like desperate. His final blow took himself out also and Doomsday does not really "die," he enters a near death-like state and recuperates. Only way Superman ever "defeated" Doomsday, to my knowledge, was by taking him to the end of time. Recuperate, die. Recuperate, die. Kind of slick writing.

I'll just agree to disagree. They cannot take out Doomsday before he has time to react.

Endless limitations (um, oxymoron?) of Gladiator...Surfer rearranges matter. The Power Cosmic also = cosmic awareness.

ROFL @ not being stopped by Hal Jordan. You know, the Green Lantern. Hal Jordan man? Who became The Spectre?

Okay. I'll just stop.

Never
Originally posted by whirlysplat
Blah Blah Blah

Last night I went to the bathroom. I whirled.

Splat.

masterbruce
good catch on the oxymoron, i should've said virutally limitless power

And just because Hal Jordan became the Spectre doesnt mean he's so powerful, I mean Superman eventually becomes Superman Prime

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Never
Last night I went to the bathroom. I whirled.

Splat.

confused

Was that a jokebig grin

No it wasn't sad heres a ball for you to play with.eek!

Oh you mean you span round and banged your headbig grin

That explains it beer

Keep the faithsmile

Stay Whirlyrock

masterbruce
there seems to be a lot of hostility on the board today smile

Never
good catch on the oxymoron, i should've said virutally limitless power

And just because Hal Jordan became the Spectre doesnt mean he's so powerful, I mean Superman eventually becomes Superman Prime

I am referencing Hal Jordan's being recognized as the greatest Green Lantern of them all. That's quite an accolade.

LMAO @ "span round." Your english is worse than my spanish.

And I'm Jamaican.

Have another plate of spotted dick, why don't cha?

whirlysplat
I am referencing Hal Jordan's being recognized as the greatest Green Lantern of them all. That's quite an accolade.

LMAO @ "span round." Your english is worse than my spanish.

And I'm Jamaican.

Have another plate of spotted dick, why don't cha?

homerNot really big grin

Span = A past tense of spin.

Whirl = To revolve rapidly about a center or an axis. See Synonyms at turn e.g. spin

Splat = A smacking or splashing noise.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=Whirl

keep playing with your ballbig grin

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirly beer

Never
homerNot really big grin

Span = A past tense of spin.

Whirl = To revolve rapidly about a center or an axis. See Synonyms at turn e.g. spin

Splat = A smacking or splashing noise.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=Whirl

keep playing with your ballbig grin

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirly beer

span3 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (spn)
v. Archaic <--------------------------------------

As in everyone with a rudimentary understanding of english today says "spun."

Nice attempt to try to cover your exposed ass.

Keep eating your dick big grin

whirlysplat
span3 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (spn)
v. Archaic <--------------------------------------

As in everyone with a rudimentary understanding of english today says "spun."

Nice attempt to try to cover your exposed ass.

Keep eating your dick big grin

no as it was last night its past tense as in spanbig grin

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=span spun round is "lazy" big grin

Keep playing with the ball, try catch maybebig grin

Keep the faithbeer

Stay Whirly rock

whirlysplat

Never

whirlysplat

whirlysplat

The Cambridge dictionary doesn't say Archaicbig grin

Must be an "English" thing

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=76140&dict=CALD

oh, this is from the "advanced" learners dictionary, must be why I use it and you don'tbig grin

Keep the faith big grin

Stay Whirly rock

How good am I?

big grin

Never

whirlysplat

Never
Cambridge dictionary means squat laughing says it all big grin

Span is commonly used in Englandbig grin

I thought span had only one meaning? big grin

The Oxford English Dictionary is the definitive record of the english language -- thought you'd know that in Anglo Land? LMAO

Nice try though big grin

whirlysplat
Oh I checked the Oxford and guess what I'm still right

Its origin is old english but its still in usebig grin

Keep playing with that ballbig grin

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirly rock

Sentry
Can't we all just get along???

beer cheers beer

Never
Oh I checked the Oxford and guess what I'm still right

http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/span?view=uk

Its origin is old english but its still in usebig grin

Keep playing with that ballbig grin

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirly rock

LoL, zipped past Forrest Gump!

Archaic does not mean that it is not in usage, it means that it is outdated -- and apparently Old English isn't clue enough for you considering Chaucer wrote in Middle English?

Furthermore, according to the OLD ENGLISH Dictionary it is not USED as a past tense of SPIN, now is it? LMAO, how clueless.

Sorry, "span round" is grammatically unviable -- it is "spun around."

And I thought span only had one meaning? Funny how you keep avoiding that. Hurts being proved wrong on more than one rfront, no? big grin

The ball's in your mouth big grin

whirlysplat
No I'm havin funbig grin

whirlysplat
LoL, zipped past Forrest Gump!

Archaic does not mean that it is not in usage, it means that it is outdated -- and apparently Old English isn't clue enough for you considering Chaucer wrote in Middle English?

Sorry, "span round" is grammatically unviable -- it is "spun around."

The ball's in your mouth big grin

Dohh Your still wrong, but you are right about the oxford its only in the advanced learners which is not onlinesad unless you pay.

Chaucer did indeed right in Middle Englishbig grin

But whats he got to do with anything, and archaic still doesn't stop its use being fine your still wrong, keep playing with that ballbig grin

You will catch itbig grin

Keep the faith rock

Never
LoL @ your backpedalling now big grin

Chaucer did "right" in middle english? Or "write" in middle english? Damn homonyms!

The advanced learner's is not the authoritative dictionary, the OED is.

It's the Oxford English Dictionary. I figured you'd be familiar with it?

Its usage is not fine if it is outdated -- outdated simply means that something might be still around, yet revisions have been made.

Do you know the difference between "your" and "you're?" No wonder you think that "span round" is correct, LoL

And I thought "span" had only one meaning, I see you keep tapdancing around that issue?

noun 1 the full extent of something from end to end; the amount of space covered. 2 the length of time for which something lasts. 3 a wingspan. 4 a part of a bridge between piers or supports. 5 the maximum distance between the tips of the thumb and little finger, taken as the basis of a measurement equal to 9 inches.

Notice NONE of them are related to or are a derivative of "SPIN?"

After the ball has your saliva on it I'll pass big grin

Go on and scoot with the tail between your legs and come back when you have a sound argument, son!

whirlysplat
LoL @ your backpedalling now big grin

Chaucer did "right" in middle english? Or "write" in middle english? Damn homonyms!

The advanced learner's is not the authoritative dictionary, the OED is.

It's the Oxford English Dictionary. I figured you'd be familiar with it?

Its usage is not fine if it is outdated -- outdated simply means that something might be still around, yet revisions have been made.

Do you know the difference between "your" and "you're?" No wonder you think that "span round" is correct, LoL

And I thought "span" had only one meaning, I see you keep tapdancing around that issue?

noun 1 the full extent of something from end to end; the amount of space covered. 2 the length of time for which something lasts. 3 a wingspan. 4 a part of a bridge between piers or supports. 5 the maximum distance between the tips of the thumb and little finger, taken as the basis of a measurement equal to 9 inches.

Notice NONE of them are related to or are a derivative of "SPIN?"

After the ball has your saliva on it I'll pass big grin

Go on and scoot with the tail between your legs and come back when you have a sound argument, son!

Not at all you know more than the Cambridge Dictionary, perhaps you should have your own. As far as one of the two most important "English" dictionaries in the world is concerned I am correct.

So your point is everyone who uses the Cambridge dictionary is wrongbig grin

Write to Cambridge and tell them thatbig grin

You should write your own called, "Never knows more than the editors of the Cambridge Dictionary" big grin

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirly rock

Fanboy
Yeah but Doomsday is also a kryptonian who has been taking in the sun for millions of years. He is also Physically stronger then Thanos and a better fighter according to my SUPER SECRET SOURCES

Never
"Oxford English Dictionary: The definitive record of the English language." www.oed.com/

"The Oxford English Dictionary (OED) is a comprehensive dictionary published by the Oxford University Press (OUP). Generally regarded as the definitive dictionary of the English language, it includes 500,000 headwords together with some 2.5 million illustrative quotations."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxford_English_Dictionary

"The Oxford English Dictionary is widely acknowledged to be the most authoritative and comprehensive dictionary of English in the world."

-- Oxford University Press http://www.oup.com/online/oed/

Need I say more? big grin

I know what I'm talking about; apparently you don't.

Now you say it is one of the "two most important?" I know not the answer to that, but I DO know that the OED is THE most authoritative ENGLISH dictionary in the WORLD. That means that what is in THAT dictionary supersedes ANYTHING that is in ANOTHER english dictionary.

You tried big grin

Be a good whirly and swallow your balls big grin

whirlysplat
"Oxford English Dictionary: The definitive record of the English language." www.oed.com/

"The Oxford English Dictionary (OED) is a comprehensive dictionary published by the Oxford University Press (OUP). Generally regarded as the definitive dictionary of the English language, it includes 500,000 headwords together with some 2.5 million illustrative quotations."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxford_English_Dictionary

"The Oxford English Dictionary is widely acknowledged to be the most authoritative and comprehensive dictionary of English in the world."

-- Oxford University Press http://www.oup.com/online/oed/

Need I say more? big grin

I know what I'm talking about; apparently you don't.

Now you say it is one of the "two most important?" I know not the answer to that, but I DO know that the OED is THE most authoritative ENGLISH dictionary in the WORLD. That means that what is in THAT dictionary supersedes ANYTHING that is in ANOTHER english dictionary.

You tried big grin

Be a good whirly and swallow your balls big grin

Not at all so your saying that anyone who uses language from the Cambridge English Dictionary is wrongbig grin

I'd read this its a bit better than getting out the Wikibig grin

On the Oxford

http://alt-usage-english.org/excerpts/fxdictio.html

It says its to large and cannot be relied upon for precision.

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirlyrock

Never
Ohhhhhhhhh so you wish to toss out wikipedia (yep, it has been referenced as being inaccurate).

But what about what the Oxford University Press says about the OED? You know, Oxford University Press located on Great Clarendon in Oxford? Oxford, UK? Why don't you ask your professor of English which dictionary is more authoritative? No, ask the HEAD of the english department. Better yet, ask the head of ANY reputable institution of higher learning. To the MAN/WOMAN they will say the OED.

*chuckle*

I know when a man/youth is defeated even if you are too stubborn to admit it yourself big grin

whirlysplat
Ohhhhhhhhh so you wish to toss out wikipedia (yep, it has been referenced as being inaccurate).

But what about what the Oxford University Press says? You know, Oxford University Press located on Great Clarendon in Oxford? Oxford, UK?

*chuckle*

I know when a man/youth is defeated even if you are too stubborn to admit it yourself big grin

Are you comparing Wiki to the Cambridge?

Really?

So you say the Cambridge is wrong?

The Oxford is the largest it is generally accepted that the Cambridge is more in touch with language usebig grin

For an adult/youth you really need to stop being as obvious in your verbal abusebig grin

You can't admit I used one of the right words, in context, at least for half the two best universities in Englandbig grin

Keep trying prove the Cambridge wrongbig grin

Scrabble user accept both Cambridge and Oxford equally in competition matchesbig grin

Keep the faithsmile

Stay Whirly rock

blah blah blah

whirlysplat

But what about what the Oxford University Press says about the OED? You know, Oxford University Press located on Great Clarendon in Oxford? Oxford, UK? Why don't you ask your professor of English which dictionary is more authoritative? No, ask the HEAD of the english department. Better yet, ask the head of ANY reputable institution of higher learning. To the MAN/WOMAN they will say the OED.

*chuckle*

I don't have a Professor I lecture Biochemistrybig grin

Never
Nope, it looked as if you tossed out what wikidpedia said about the OED. I said fine, if you wish to discredit wikipedia's opinion based on previous concerns about wikid's accuracy, then fine.

Does Scrabble take grammar/context into consideration? No, only spelling, so of course "span" is acceptable. Spelling is not the issue here, your colloquial usage of the term is.

No need to "prove" Cambridge wrong when OED proves me right.

And again I ask -- did you not say that "span" has only one meaning? Why is it that in even your dictionary of choice it has several meanings? LoL but again, I notice when you are flat out wrong, you choose to ignore it.

Spare me the comments re: "verbal abuse." You were the first trying to crack jokes with the "blah blah blah" comment, and I responded -- as is always the case.

whirlysplat
Nope, it looked as if you tossed out what wikidpedia said about the OED. I said fine, if you wish to discredit wikipedia's opinion based on previous concerns about wikid's accuracy, then fine.

Does Scrabble take grammar/context into consideration? No, only spelling, so of course "span" is acceptable. Spelling is not the issue here, your colloquial usage of the term is.

No need to "prove" Cambridge wrong when OED proves me right.

And again I ask -- did you not say that "span" has only one meaning? Why is it that in even your dictionary of choice it has several meanings? LoL but again, I notice when you are flat out wrong, you choose to ignore it.

Spare me the comments re: "verbal abuse." You were the first trying to crack jokes with the "blah blah blah" comment, and I responded -- as is always the case.

Do you know where Wiki gets its info?

The Oxford advanced will agree with me its just not online;D

Like the Cambridge "advanced" did

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirlyrock

whirlysplat

blah blah blah is the same as telling me to keep eating my own dicK big grin

whirlysplat
blah blah blah is the same as telling me to keep eating my own dicK big grin

never stoop to their levellaughing

blah blah blah

If its in the Cambridge "advanced" dictionary

its correct at Cambridgebig grin

Oh and read back I said it had one meaning in that contextsmile

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirly rock

whirlysplat
Supes Winsbig grin

EsteemedLeader
i say they easily make it to level 7.you all know how powerful surfer and gl are, but steel with the entropy aegis is far superior to a normal superman and can fire cosmic energy, blah blah blah, they could still win but not easily.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
i say they easily make it to level 7.you all know how powerful surfer and gl are, but steel with the entropy aegis is far superior to a normal superman and can fire cosmic energy, blah blah blah, they could still win but not easily.

But this is Supes from the sunbig grin

h1a8

Lucid Lui
If Surfer and GL aren't allowed to exploit Glads and Supes weaknesses (which they can do very easily), then Glads and Supes would make it to the ninth fight. They lose there.

h1a8
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
If Surfer and GL aren't allowed to exploit Glads and Supes weaknesses (which they can do very easily), then Glads and Supes would make it to the ninth fight. They lose there.

How would they lose in the ninth? Explain
How can both King Thor and Odin withstand a flurry of Mega Superman's and Gladiator's punches?

Remember that Superman will hit with a power not equal to anything in the universe.

Metalmanx
I think they make it up to #9. But put up a great fight before finally falling to the sheer mystical power of both King Thor and Odin. But King Thor and Odin will definitely leave with massive injuries themselves.

Dizzle
Originally posted by h1a8
How would they lose in the ninth? Explain
How can both King Thor and Odin withstand a flurry of Mega Superman's and Gladiator's punches?

Remember that Superman will hit with a power not equal to anything in the universe.

Because both of them laugh off planet busting, solar system-shaking attacks. D'joo see Odin battle Set? Now, keep in mind that King THor is more powerful than Odin. Supes and Glads are screwed at 9.

7 SHOULD win, solely because of how easily they can put the 2 down. Hal and Surfer both have a type of cosmic awareness, Surfer is still debatably as fast/faster than Superman and Gladiator. Both can produce lots and lots of kryptonite/whatever radiation Glads is weak against.

God damn, do all English people argue like this? It is seriously way more entertaining than two American kids screaming "No, my dad could beat up your dad!" And when you can pretty feasibly replace either kid with the president, then America just looks like one giant pack of dumbasses. Oh, and this definitely also reminds me of the Family Guy concept of a "Drive by argument". I DISAGREE!!!

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Dizzle
Because both of them laugh off planet busting, solar system-shaking attacks. D'joo see Odin battle Set? Now, keep in mind that King THor is more powerful than Odin. Supes and Glads are screwed at 9.

7 SHOULD win, solely because of how easily they can put the 2 down. Hal and Surfer both have a type of cosmic awareness, Surfer is still debatably as fast/faster than Superman and Gladiator. Both can produce lots and lots of kryptonite/whatever radiation Glads is weak against.

God damn, do all English people argue like this? It is seriously way more entertaining than two American kids screaming "No, my dad could beat up your dad!" And when you can pretty feasibly replace either kid with the president, then America just looks like one giant pack of dumbasses. Oh, and this definitely also reminds me of the Family Guy concept of a "Drive by argument". I DISAGREE!!!

I'm a tad confused here. Were you just insulting United Kingdom people? Or people from United States?

Darth_Erebus
They get stopped at 4.

h1a8
Originally posted by Dizzle

This is false my friend. There does exist an amount of power that will kill King Thor and Odin. For they have already died to a such power. Both King Thor and Odin are dead as you read this. The power that killed them is nowhere near the power of this Superman. Gladiator is an exception though. Also read my post on page 3 to see Thor's weaknesses quoted from a canon marvel source.

h1a8
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
They get stopped at 4.

Read my long post on page 3.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
never stoop to their levellaughing

blah blah blah

If its in the Cambridge "advanced" dictionary

its correct at Cambridgebig grin

Oh and read back I said it had one meaning in that contextsmile

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirly rock My dictionary owns the hell out of both of y'all's dictionaries.

http://www.onelook.com

Cause MY dictionary absorbed Both of your dictionaries. big grin

I'm done. embarrasment

gladiator69
Originally posted by Creshosk
My dictionary owns the hell out of both of y'all's dictionaries.

http://www.onelook.com

Cause MY dictionary absorbed Both of your dictionaries. big grin

I'm done. embarrasment wel your chidlish dictionary sucks. laughing laughing laughing

Creshosk
Originally posted by gladiator69
wel your chidlish dictionary sucks. laughing laughing laughing Oh look I've got a new friend who's going to start dedicating posts to me but doesn't add anything to the conversation. smile

And he's going to follow me around makeing digs at me cause he's like a little boy who wants attention.

Psst, kid, I'm a guy.

ZephroCarnelian
What the???

Is that 'Never' guy trying to dispute how to speak English with an Englishman...? confused

Hey guess what, Never?

I am English, so are all my friends and family. So are my many accquaintances up and down the entire country.

And we all use the word 'span' when referring to someone who 'span' around, something that 'span' around.

"I walked out the door, span around and walked straight back in again."

You can argue till you're blue in the face as to whether the word is out of date.

Bearing in mind that it is still used by everyone in England, I'd say it's still part of the English Language.

laughing

golem370
If Full Power Morg I bet he would do very good against them himself.

grey fox
Supes and Glads Zip in and smash Whirly and Nevers head together and all the British dudes rock out while eating Fish and chips

(Me zephor and whirly get food you guys get horsebones)

ZephroCarnelian
Sounds good to me...

Creshosk
Originally posted by grey fox
Supes and Glads Zip in and smash Whirly and Nevers head together and all the British dudes rock out while eating Fish and chips

(Me zephor and whirly get food you guys get horsebones) I just have a different bit of food myself. . . guess what kind I get? shifty

ZephroCarnelian
Camels...?

Roasted parsnips...?

Creshosk
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Camels...?

Roasted parsnips...? laughing

er. . . not quite.

<-- ese

gladiator69
I just have a different bit of food myself. . . guess what kind I get? shifty anything thats fat im sure lol laughing laughing laughing

Creshosk
Originally posted by gladiator69
anything thats fat im sure lol laughing laughing laughing I'm 6'0" and 115 lbs. . . So I could certianly eat fatty foods and try to gain weight. . what with some of the nutrient absorbing scilia in my intestines damaged due to haveing giardia for four years when I was a baby, I don't gain alot of weight. . .

But I'm not eating you ya tubby bastich. wink

gladiator69
I'm 6'0" and 115 lbs. . . So I could certianly eat fatty foods and try to gain weight. . what with some of the nutrient absorbing scilia in my intestines damaged due to haveing giardia for four years when I was a baby, I don't gain alot of weight. . .

But I'm not eating you ya tubby bastich. wink

oh my god 6'0 and 115 pounds ? damn you are a skinny girl im sure.

Evil Genius
What the???

Is that 'Never' guy trying to dispute how to speak English with an Englishman...? confused

Hey guess what, Never?

I am English, so are all my friends and family. So are my many accquaintances up and down the entire country.

And we all use the word 'span' when referring to someone who 'span' around, something that 'span' around.

You can argue till you're blue in the face as to whether the word is out of date.

Bearing in mind that it is still used by everyone in England, I'd say it's still part of the English Language.

laughing

So Whirly was right again............ Is he ever wrong, it makes me hate him a little.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Evil Genius
So Whirly was right again............ Is he ever wrong, it makes me hate him a little. roll eyes (sarcastic)

gladiator69
So Whirly was right again............ Is he ever wrong, it makes me hate him a little.

screw all you pricks from england.

King KAM
Dr.Strange could do it alone

ZephroCarnelian
Hmm...

Because if you stood Dr Strange in the middle of a room....

Then turned the light on...

Would he be able to think up and cast a spell, before the light reached him...?

No...

Likewise he wouldn't be able to cast a spell before they crush his skull... smile

gladiator69
gladiator doesnt need superman to take on gauntlet he can do it all himself.

Creshosk
Hmm...

Because if you stood Dr Strange in the middle of a room....

Then turned the light on...

Would he be able to think up and cast a spell, before the light reached him...?

No...

Likewise he wouldn't be able to cast a spell before they crush his skull... smile Nice thing about auto sheilds. . they're auto. . and they're . . . sheilds. auto-sheilds.

Sir Whirlysplat
What the???

Hey guess what, Never?

laughing

Agreed Zeph smile

No i'm not laughing except when I am shifty please don't hate me EG, you're one of the coolest new members in months.

smile

Keep the faith smile

Stay Whirly rock

Fishy 500
Agreed Zeph smile

No i'm not laughing except when I am shifty please don't hate me EG, you're one of the coolest new members in months.

smile

Keep the faith smile

Stay Whirly rock

"No i'm not except when I am please don't hate me EG, you're one of the coolest new members in months."

hmmmm ... I prefer it when he uses his real name evil face !

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Fishy 500
"No i'm not except when I am please don't hate me EG, you're one of the coolest new members in months."

hmmmm ... I prefer it when he uses his real name evil face !

I know his not me and I don't think his Rage!!! but he is a genius fishy smile

Fishy 500
I know his not me and I don't think his Rage!!! but he is a genius fishy smile

Don't give me the sock treatment ! smile

I agree ... he's a bit too clever shifty IMO

Sir Whirlysplat
Don't give me the sock treatment ! smile

I agree ... he's a bit too clever shifty IMO

? I C

Fishy 500
? I C

I know its not you ... i think its sum 1 else we know very well !

Sir Whirlysplat
I know its not you ... i think its sum 1 else we know very well !

Who? GS? Cresh?

ZephroCarnelian
Gotta be Rage... he's the only person to mess about like that...

Sir Whirlysplat
Gotta be Rage... he's the only person to mess about like that...

Who knows Zeph.

Creshosk
Who? GS? Cresh? Who on earth would accuse their sock of being someone else's sock?

whistle

shifty evil face

ZephroCarnelian

He didn't become Spectre by his own power, mate... he was chosen... it's not a credit to him...

And maybe they wouldn't be able to destroy Doomsday... they could certainly win by ring out... smile

Sir Whirlysplat
Who on earth would accuse their sock of being someone else's sock?

whistle

shifty evil face

It might be someone else totally of course...............................

Creshosk
It might be someone else totally of course............................... It might be. . .shifty

I might be saying these things to get you to think that its' me when its not. . . of course I could be saying that knowing you'd think that as well to divert the attention away from the fact that its me. . . Or I could be saying THAT just to confuse the issue. . .

shifty

Sir Whirlysplat
It might be. . .shifty

I might be saying these things to get you to think that its' me when its not. . . of course I could be saying that knowing you'd think that as well to divert the attention away from the fact that its me. . . Or I could be saying THAT just to confuse the issue. . .

shifty

I don't really care as long as whoever it is continues painting me in a favourable light laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.