Black Adam vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

whirlysplat
Adam Loves lightning and Magicbig grin

thesilverspider
black adam ? the magus you mean

whirlysplat
Originally posted by thesilverspider
black adam ? the magus you mean

Err no, the Magus is a Marvel charactersmile

Black Adam is DC

http://black-adam.biography.ms/

ScarletSpider
Would Thor's lightening affect Adam, last I recall Adam channelled his powers through a mystical scarab or something, but I don't remember if it messed with the lightening or not, I just remember that he didn't need to say SHAZAM anymore to access his powers.

thesilverspider
ah that idiot i thought u meant adam warlock
then thor beats him

whirlysplat
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
Would Thor's lightening affect Adam, last I recall Adam channelled his powers through a mystical scarab or something, but I don't remember if it messed with the lightening or not, I just remember that he didn't need to say SHAZAM anymore to access his powers.

Yes the Wizard I think has the Scarab now, I don't think Adam needs to say Shazam anymore.

whirlysplat
ah that idiot i thought u meant adam warlock
then thor beats him

So you know who he is now?

smile And he is stronger than Captain Marvel (DC) probably stronger than Thorbig grin certainly faster.

jrodslam
This is a good battle. Black Adam is way more rutheless than Captain Marvel. Hed show Thor no mercy.

Adam is stronger to. I think they are close in speed as well. I say Adam wins more times than not.

EsteemedLeader
i,d have to go with thor. black adam will definitely give him a run for his money though. and i'll even give good reasons for this.
black adam is a rival of hawkman, who is very similar to thor, thus black adam isnt going to be far out of his element
since thor uses his hammer to fly, adam may be more agile in the air
thor has a hammer, adam has fists
thor can throw his hammer, giving him a distinct range advantage
thor is a more experienced fighter than adam

thesilverspider
so what thor has been fighting 4 ever he has way more experince then most heros combined but people dont pay mind 2 that he can win about 6 out of 10 times they fight

jrodslam
Originally posted by whirlysplat
smile And he is stronger than Captain Marvel (DC) probably stronger than Thorbig grin certainly faster.

I dont think hes stronger than Captain Marvel Whirly. Just more rutheless. Is he faster? I wasnt to sure about that one.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by jrodslam
This is a good battle. Black Adam is way more rutheless than Captain Marvel. Hed show Thor no mercy.

Adam is stronger to. I think they are close in speed as well. I say Adam wins more times than not.

I agree Jrod I think it would be very interesting

leonidas
GREAT fight! thor 6/10. maybe. adam can't really counter a god blast (unless like supes he just avoids getting hit by it - a possibility) but in a straight up brawl i think thor takes it - just.

VERY close fight. closer i think than thor v cap marvel. adam is also a ruthless bastard.

EsteemedLeader
i'll go 5/10 down the middle. this is probably the most even fight ever to be placed on this site. id kill to see this fight

thesilverspider
experince is everything black adam needs a thousand more years of fighting before he can see thor

whirlysplat
experince is everything black adam needs a thousand more years of fighting before he can see thor

He has the experience of the egyptian godsbig grin

thesilverspider
so wat thor is an asgardian god

jrodslam
Thors experienc isnt playing that much of a factor here imo. 9 times out of 10, Thor is fighting someone with less exp than him. He doesnt get wins by exp. Its usually power. Hulk has knocked thor on his ass so hard that he dropped his hammer. Same for Glads. How did Thor win? Hamer. Not exp.

Black Adam is Supermans strength minus the magic weakness. Hes also more rutheless than Superman and Captain Marvel combined. Definately more than Glads also.

Can BA shoot lightning bolts as well? Can someone verify that?

It is a good fight though. Very close.

whirlysplat
The Egyptian Gods were around firstbig grin

EsteemedLeader
i guess this comes down to:

norse gods rule

egyptian gods........who are they?

thats why i say thor, in one fight i mean

whirlysplat
Thors experienc isnt playing that much of a factor here imo. 9 times out of 10, Thor is fighting someone with less exp than him. He doesnt get wins by exp. Its usually power. Hulk has knocked thor on his ass so hard that he dropped his hammer. Same for Glads. How did Thor win? Hamer. Not exp.

Black Adam is Supermans strength minus the magic weakness. Hes also more rutheless than Superman and Captain Marvel combined. Definately more than Glads also.

Can BA shoot lightning bolts as well? Can someone verify that?

It is a good fight though. Very close.

Yup he can

As for experience

thesilverspider
u sure whirly i doubt that very much

whirlysplat
u sure whirly i doubt that very much

He has since he used the Scarab been able to use mystical lightening.

I wonder if he is an ancestor of Namor laughing out loud look at this pic seperated at birthbig grin

yahman
I love doing these types of things they really get the ball rolling:

Strength: Thor; due to more Feats, /and Shazam being just behind Supes in the strength department.

Stamina : Draw; both have the stamina of two the most enduring Gods.

Durability: Black Adam; Although Thor has more proof to suggest he is more Durable, Black Adam can match shazam on a regular basis, (Something i dont think Thor can do).

Speed : Black Adam; He has the power of the Egyptian god of speed and although Thor has super speed, he isnt a God of speed.

Long range attacks Thor ; Although Black Adam's rival Shazam's Thors Godblast and AntiForce attacks tip the scales in his favour.

Tatics: Black Adam he is a ruthless character, with no moral problem with killing, he therefor has more options available to him. He also has no quams with civillian casualties.

Fighting Skillsbig grinraw; Both are Ancient, and both posses the skills of highly trained Gods.

In knowledege of all this i reckon that Black Adam has the advantage.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by yahman
I love doing these types of things they really get the ball rolling:

Strength: Thor; due to more Feats, /and Shazam being just behind Supes in the strength department.

Stamina : Draw; both have the stamina of two the most enduring Gods.

Durability: Black Adam; Although Thor has more proof to suggest he is more Durable, Black Adam can match shazam on a regular basis, (Something i dont think Thor can do).

Speed : Black Adam; He has the power of the Egyptian god of speed and although Thor has super speed, he isnt a God of speed.

Long range attacks Thor ; Although Black Adam's rival Shazam's Thors Godblast and AntiForce attacks tip the scales in his favour.

Tatics: Black Adam he is a ruthless character, with no moral problem with killing, he therefor has more options available to him. He also has no quams with civillian casualties.

Fighting Skillsbig grinraw; Both are Ancient, and both posses the skills of highly trained Gods.

In knowledege of all this i reckon that Black Adam has the advantage.

I do tobig grin

yahman
I do tobig grin

Sorry dude i think i've just killed your debate. Oh well !!!!!!!!!! sad

Thats what happens when you say things like; 'they really get the ball rolling'

whirlysplat
Sorry dude i think i've just killed your debate. Oh well !!!!!!!!!! sad

Thats what happens when you say things like; 'they really get the ball rolling'

I thought he did from the beginning, people are free to disagree with melaughing out loud

Although most on here don't bother anymoresad

hardly anyone argues with me anymoresadwalk

Keep the faithsmile

Stay Whirly rock

olympian
" and Shazam being just behind Supes in the strength department. "

Behind? Whats is he doing, hiding? Theyr equals. When has he ever be behind, this is not JLU.

Whirly is going to disagree with me now and counting......... stick out tongue

whirlysplat
Originally posted by olympian

Behind? Whats is he doing, hiding? Theyr equals. When has he ever be behind, this is not JLU.

I think Black Adam is as strong as Supes being very slightlty stonger than Captain Marvelbig grin

olympian
Whirly rises up again of the ashes like a Phoenix. Well done chump.

How about the times Billy defeated Black Adam and put Supes down devil2

whirlysplat
The Supes one he caught him off guard and lost in Kingdom, supes could have killed him, but didn't.

Adam is much more powerful now.

Come on Captain Marvel only has the strength of Greek Godsbig grin Supes is a Kryptonian.

Keep the faithsmile

Stay Whirly rock

yahman

Behind? Whats is he doing,?

Showing superman why he's so damm MARVELOUS. surprise

yahman
The Supes one he caught him off guard and lost in Kingdom, supes could have killed him, but didn't.

Adam is much more powerful now.

Come on Captain Marvel only has the strength of Greek Godsbig grin Supes is a Kryptonian.

Keep the faithsmile

Stay Whirly rock

Whos is stronger?

whirlysplat
Whos is stronger? Adam or Supes both are stronger than Marvelbig grin

olympian
"The Supes one he caught him off guard and lost in Kingdom, supes could have killed him, but didn't."

That wasent the only time Marvel was winning. He knocked him out twice. Fought evenly once. And made him bleed with his punches without any magic on another ocassion. And he did the last one looking like Harry Potter when Bats came close. Pure badass.

"Come on Captain Marvel only has the strength of Greek Gods Supes is a Kryptonian."

And where does it says Kryptonians are better wink i recall Superman losing to the Greek Gods in " War of the Gods " series. He and the rest of the heroes btw.

"Adam is much more powerful now"

So is Billy. In fact everyone of the Marvel family is.

"Showing superman why he's so damm MARVELOUS"

You know a hint would just do. Now you made it graphic. This thread is oficially over for over 18 now.

yahman
Adam or Supes both are stronger than Marvelbig grin

Very Evasive cool
Have Adam and Supes ever fought ? IS powergirl stronger than Marvel aswell.

yahman
"The Supes one he caught him off guard and lost in Kingdom, supes could have killed him, but didn't."

"Showing superman why he's so damm MARVELOUS"

You know a hint would just do. Now you made it graphic. This thread is oficially over for over 18 now.

Are you under age ?

olympian
"Have Adam and Supes ever fought ? IS powergirl stronger than Marvel aswell."

I think a recent arc of Action Comics is about the two facing off. Adam once fought the cyborg Superman.

Powergirl? the only thing shes better its on showing off. Shes not in the top league of strenght.

"Are you under age ?"

No, but someone else might be. That way let it be noted that i warned about it.

whirlysplat
Marvels whole body is magicalbig grin Supes potential is great than the DC or Marvel Greek godsbig grin

Supes has beaten Marvel more than one and Cyborg Supes beat Adam before Adams power upbig grin

But this thread is about Adam and Thorbig grin

So far Thor needs your help Olympiansmile

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirly rock

snoopdogg
Adam and Superman were gonna fight but ended up teaming up to save some people and Superman let him go.

whirlysplat
Do you think Adam beats Thor Snoopshifty

EsteemedLeader
Captain Marvel is the Worlds Mightiest Mortal. i think hes stronger than supes

olympian
"Marvels whole body is magical Supes potential is great than the DC or Marvel Greek gods"

Snif, i smell Hyperbolleeee.

"Supes has beaten Marvel more than one and Cyborg Supes beat Adam before Adams power up"

Post Crisis? When wink i must have missed it. The only i recall was when he was amped by Eclipso and Marvel was holding back most of the fight.

Cyborg beat him? damn you Jurgens.

About the fight in questions its a toss up. They both are higly durable, can flie at high speeds, experienced, have long range attacks in the forms of ligthing, can get ruthless and stubburn as well.

snoopdogg
Do you think Adam beats Thor Snoopshifty I think he beats Thor easier than Superman would mainly cause of his attitude and evil side.

evil face

whirlysplat
Eclipso counts as much as the blindside imo, Eclipso didn't amp his strength

yahman
"Have Adam and Supes ever fought ? IS powergirl stronger than Marvel aswell."

I think a recent arc of Action Comics is about the two facing off. Adam once fought the cyborg Superman.

Powergirl? the only thing shes better its on showing off. Shes not in the top league of strenght.

"Are you under age ?"

No, but someone else might be. That way let it be noted that i warned about it.

Sorry I heard someone on this Forum Quoting her as 'stronger'.

"Marvels whole body is magical Supes potential is great than the DC or Marvel Greek gods"

That sounds like Fittin talk. Although the Marvel stron guys have been in the dark in the Feat department for a long time, but i think Marvel are making a come back. Especially in Hercs new comic.

olympian
"I think he beats Thor easier than Superman would mainly cause of his attitude and evil side."

Hater! mad

"Eclipso counts as much as the blindside imo, Eclipso didn't amp his strength"

You sure? How about the others Eclipso has controlled like Lois Lane? She could punch Superman IIRC

whirlysplat
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
Captain Marvel is the Worlds Mightiest Mortal. i think hes stronger than supes

You see Adams Immortalbig grin thats why his Marvels arch foe, have you got itsmile OKsmile

snoopdogg
Eclipso counts as much as the blindside imo, Eclipso didn't amp his strength I agree Eclipso didnt amp anything. Except maybe his personality cause Eclipso is a killer and Superman is not.

jrodslam
Superman isnt from Earth. Thats why he wouldnt be considered to be the Worlds mightiest mortal.

EsteemedLeader
but he does live on this world. and protect this world. so he would be the worlds mightiest mortal if shazam wasnt around. and theres only one person mightier than either of them,..the mighty blue warrior, THE TICK!!!!
SSSPPPPPOOOOOOOOOONNNNNN

whirlysplat
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
but he does live on this world. and protect this world. so he would be the worlds mightiest mortal if shazam wasnt around. and theres only one person mightier than either of them,..the mighty blue warrior, THE TICK!!!!
SSSPPPPPOOOOOOOOOONNNNNN

Supes is immortal see JLA 1 million

Adam is immortal he is already 3000+ years old

olympian
"Supes is immortal see JLA 1 million"

Is it cannon? Or just a possible future. And isent captain Marvel around as the new Shazam also there? What that would make him.

"Adam is immortal he is already 3000+ years old"

Correct.

whirlysplat
"Supes is immortal see JLA 1 million"

Is it cannon? Or just a possible future. And isent captain Marvel around as the new Shazam also there? What that would make him.

"Adam is immortal he is already 3000+ years old"

Correct.

Shazam is still around Billy is not and yes its Cannon in the sense at present thats the same timeline, like the Legion is, unlike the Kingdom timeline, but that could all change, thats hypertime. What it does show is that Supes does not die of old age, ergo he is immortal and yes its canon.

But I guess you think Iron Man is Invincible as wellshifty

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirlyrock

jrodslam
Supes is immortal see JLA 1 million

Adam is immortal he is already 3000+ years old

Supes isnt immortal. He just ages slowly. Very slowly.

Same for Adam and Marvel.

jrodslam
unlike the Kingdom timeline, but that could all change, thats hypertime.

The Kingdom Come era was on another timeline? I thought it was all the same. Just only in the future.

olympian
Billy in Jla 1 million is the new Shazam, not Captain Marvel. That would be Thunder. Considering the centuries that passed hes immortal also. After all so is the current Wizard.

"Supes isnt immortal. He just ages slowly. Very slowly.

Same for Adam and Marvel."

I would agree with this more.

And....

Iron Man is just a drunk who likes to do the shining knight fantasy. No big deal about him.

whirlysplat
Supes isnt immortal. He just ages slowly. Very slowly.

Same for Adam and Marvel.

I disagree Jrod anyway who sleeps for 15,000 years could well be immortal. He didn't look any older 100,000 years from now, as far as Gods are concerned thats 20 times as long as the first written religionswink

whirlysplat
Billy in Jla 1 million is the new Shazam, not Captain Marvel. That would be Thunder. Considering the centuries that passed hes immortal also. After all so is the current Wizard.

"Supes isnt immortal. He just ages slowly. Very slowly.

Same for Adam and Marvel."

I would agree with this more.

And....

Iron Man is just a drunk who likes to do the shining knight fantasy. No big deal about him.

Shazam the wizard is in JLA 1 million Billy Batson Marvel is not, what are you basing this knowledge on, its not in one million, nothing says Billy their. Anyway JLA 1 millin kind of proves who is strongerbig grin

Back to Thor losing

jrodslam
I disagree Jrod anyway who sleeps for 15,000 years could well be immortal. He didn't look any older 100,000 years from now, as far as Gods are concerned thats 20 times as long as the first written religionswink

Superman is powered by the sun. Its his source for living. When he came out, he wasnt even aged.

Im sure if Hal went inside the Power battery on OA he would live for 15,000 years as well imo.

whirlysplat
Superman is powered by the sun. Its his source for living. When he came out, he wasnt even aged.

Im sure if Hal went inside the Power battery on OA he would live for 15,000 years as well imo.

Exactky so Supes Span is at least the next 5 billion years till the sun become helium or he finds another yellow sunbig grin

jrodslam
That doesnt make him immortal. If the sun dies out, so does Superman.

whirlysplat
That doesnt make him immortal. If the sun dies out, so does Superman.

No Supes finds another yellow sun as long as he has food i.e. Sunlight he is as immortal as Galactus who also needs to feedbig grin

snoopdogg
I dont know how cannon this is but in a episode of Smallville there was this phycic who could tell fate by touching your hand.

When she touched Clarks she said "your not gonna die" or something on those lines.

jrodslam
Wait a minute.......brb.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I dont know how cannon this is but in a episode of Smallville there was this phycic who could tell fate by touching your hand.

When she touched Clarks she said "your not gonna die" or something on those lines.

She did indeed

jrodslam
I cant believe i forgot about this. It kinda changes my whole outlook on things.

I know we all know Doomsday pretty much beat Superman to death. But what im posting here shows something amazing. So stupid of me to forget this. I may have to change my opinion about Supes being immortal.

Read carefully everyone.

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/8181/flash141p140ro3gc.th.jpg

jrodslam
But yea back on topic. I do think BA wins more times than not. big grin

whirlysplat
I'd forgotten that as well wonder who the bearded man in "bright red boots is", hmmmmmmbig grin So we agree Jrod? Supes is immortal big grin

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirly rock

whirlysplat
But yea back on topic. I do think BA wins more times than not. big grin

we agree on this as well my friend big grin

jrodslam
I'd forgotten that as well wonder who the bearded man in "bright red boots is", hmmmmmmbig grin So we agree Jrod? Supes is immortal big grin

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirly rock

laughing laughing Yea i guess we do.

But hes only immortal if no-one kills him.

whirlysplat
laughing laughing Yea i guess we do.

But hes only immortal if no-one kills him.

Aren't they all laughing out loud but supes has a good record of rising from the deadbig grin

supremthor
No Supes finds another yellow sun as long as he has food i.e. Sunlight he is as immortal as Galactus who also needs to feedbig grin
superman doesnt need to eat. but he does need 2 sleep and breath.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by supremthor
superman doesnt need to eat. but he does need 2 sleep and breath.

He hasn't lately its changing

supremthor
it said it in that comic book by alex rose it a big superman book i read it way back. its about him g=fighting world hunger and shit and well he was eating he said" i have never felt hunger,i dont need to eat the sun gives me all the energy i need,i just do cuss i m able to" or something like that. i think the comic was made befor he started powering up.

whirlysplat
it said it in that comic book by alex rose it a big superman book i read it way back. its about him g=fighting world hunger and shit and well he was eating he said" i have never felt hunger,i dont need to eat the sun gives me all the energy i need,i just do cuss i m able to" or something like that. i think the comic was made befor he started powering up.

It wasbig grin

Sentry
Bill wins more often than not.

Sentry
Awww crap wrong thread....

leonidas
yeah, BA can stand for black adam, but it more more appropriately stand for BAD ASS. and in the issue he actually fought each seperate (supes said the fight between them could last for days because they were too evenly matched, and adam punched marvel into orbit!) then they briefly tackled him 2 on 1. they still couldn't beat him. in the end, they tricked him into saying shazam and he was finished.

BA is a baddddd mannnnnnn . . .

jrodslam
Wow. Sweet. Black Adam kicks sooo much ass. Hes a baaad man indeed. I would have loved to see how that went.

leonidas
it's an old issue, very early 80's. i made a point for a little while of snatching up every appearance of black adam i could get. i just always liked him and seeing him battle supes was like a dream match.

ScarletSpider
Superman and Black Adam will be fighting sometime soon, in a Villians United/Infinite Crisis crossover, into one of Superman's titles, I think. Hopefully BA kicks his ass.

As for strength and power levels, Superman, Black Adam and Captain Marvel are all about equal, it's usually the writers being dumb and messing it up. Black Adam seems more powerful because he's more experienced and is a badass. Superman seems more powerful because he's Superman and needs to be all "I'm Superman, you stand no chance of beating me." Captain Marvel seems less powerful because writers tend to turn him into a walking joke, like some 8 year old kid taken right out of the 50s, all wide eyed and starstruck with his "golly gosh" and "gee whiz." That's dumb, Captain Marvel, Mary Marvel, CM3, and lord help me Hoppy the Marvel Bunny should be kicking all kinds of ass all over the place. They're in their mid-late teens, 16+ years old. I'm 16, if I had that kind of power, I sure as hell wouldn't be saying "golly gee." And I sure as hell would kick the shit out of Superman if we ever decided to have a friendly superhero misunderstanding fight for no good reason other than sales.

joesha28
I think Thor will have to give everything if he wants to win. BA does not hold back and is bad.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by leonidas
it's an old issue, very early 80's. i made a point for a little while of snatching up every appearance of black adam i could get. i just always liked him and seeing him battle supes was like a dream match. Next month in Action Comics #831 your wish will come true.

#830 ended with BA and Superman getting ready to clash.

leonidas
<<Next month in Action Comics #831 your wish will come true.
#830 ended with BA and Superman getting ready to clash.>>

hmm, may have to come out of collector's returement for that one . . . big grin

roughrider
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
Adam or Supes both are stronger than Marvelbig grin

Sure of that? Alex Ross claims Marvel is the strongest.
Otherwise, he'll have to give up the title of World's Mightiest Mortal.

jrodslam
They are all equal in sterength.

Black Adam and Superman are just way better fighters than Marvel. And smarter fighters at that.

Ive never heard of Ross saying that Marvel is stronger than Supes. I have however read many quotes saying that Marvel and Supes are equal in strength.

Reason for Captain Marvel being called "Worlds Mightiest Mortal" is because hes Earth bound. Superman isnt from this planet. Plus Superman is immortal.

olympian
"Adam or Supes both are stronger than Marvel"

Dc must be crazy to print comics when Marvel has defeat Adam, and has been showed to equal Superman and having an advantage toe to toe, in some fights.

The three are rougly equal.

roughrider
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
Shazam is still around Billy is not and yes its Cannon in the sense at present thats the same timeline, like the Legion is, unlike the Kingdom timeline, but that could all change, thats hypertime. What it does show is that Supes does not die of old age, ergo he is immortal and yes its canon.

But I guess you think Iron Man is Invincible as wellshifty

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirlyrock

I'm not convinced its canon. Another future is shown in Frank Miller's DK2, where Supes is slowing down at 60, and needs to be rescued by his daughter, Lara.
If it's set in stone, might as well stop buying Superman now; nothing will change in the next million years.

roughrider
They are all equal in sterength.

Black Adam and Superman are just way better fighters than Marvel. And smarter fighters at that.

Ive never heard of Ross saying that Marvel is stronger than Supes. I have however read many quotes saying that Marvel and Supes are equal in strength.

Reason for Captain Marvel being called "Worlds Mightiest Mortal" is because hes Earth bound. Superman isnt from this planet. Plus Superman is immortal.

Mortal just means dying of old age, whether you're an Earthman or Alien.
I saw the Ross quote, I believe, when he's discussing art for Captain Marvel in the hardcover DC Art of Alex Ross. It's what he thinks.

jrodslam
No roughrider. A Mortal is a human being.

Superman isnt a human being. Hes an alien.

roughrider
No roughrider. A Mortal is a human being.

Superman isnt a human being. Hes an alien.

When Beta Ray Bill was first hanging around Asgard, Sif was given words of warning about becoming attached to him, because, in their words, "he is mortal", not beacause he is an alien. Understand yet?

jrodslam
Whats mortal about Beta Ray?

Martal - A being subject to death. A human being. Subject to death; destined to die; as, man is mortal.

Got it?

roughrider
No. Again.

Beta Ray Bill is an Alien who, despite his power, will not live forver and will die. He is mortal. You are saying that because Superman is an Alien to Earth he is not mortal. This is besides the arguement about Superman in particular, regarding Superman1million and his potential, in particular, to be immortal, which I am not convinced is canon, yet.

You are making the simple statement that beacuse someone is Alien to Earth they are not mortal ie. subject to death, which is completely untrue.
Be clear in what you are saying, is all. Argue that Superman in particular is not mortal? Fine. There is something there.
Don't say anyone who is Alien to Earth is not mortal. Wrong term.

jrodslam
Ok. Captain Marvel is the "Worlds Mightiest Mortal" because

1. He's Earth bound.
2. Hes mortal. He cannot live forever unless he stayts Captain Marvel forever i believe.

Superman is not the Worlds Mightiest Mortal" because

1. Hes not Earth bound.
2. Hes immortal.

I didnt just mean Supes wasnt mortal just because he was alien. I know it seemed that way, but i got carried away with the whle "Earthling Mortal" thing. Sorry about not being clear in what i was trying to say.

jrodslam
In in regards to his immortality not being cannon it is. I just found out about a week ago, in a Flash scan.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by roughrider
I'm not convinced its canon. Another future is shown in Frank Miller's DK2, where Supes is slowing down at 60, and needs to be rescued by his daughter, Lara.
If it's set in stone, might as well stop buying Superman now; nothing will change in the next million years.
DK2 is not continuity smile the others are smile

leonidas
draco has made a good case for ww being stronger than hercules, (her power base being grounded in gaea, which it to say the earth itself)ergo, stronger than marvel. it's also been said in ww that only superman surpasses her in strength. ww and supes have good, close fights, but supes is usually depicted to be the stronger.

using the dc hierarchy, it SHOULD go:

1. superman
2. wonderwoman
3. captain marvel/black adam.

that's JUST physical strength, mind, and doesn't factor in fighting skills and magic. i DON'T think there is enough of a difference among them for strength alone to determine the outcome of any fight between them. durability is a big one, and how the others exploit supes's weaknesses would also help determine a winner between any of them. i'd actually say marvel would finish last among this group with adam third and ww second.

i also think thor would beat adam OR ww in hellacious battles.

jrodslam
That listing would work, but only if Captain Marvel and Black Adam are at standard levels.

Remember, CM has stacked powers to make him equal to Superman. And other times as well.

roughrider
All right, then.

Well - just beacuse he can be immortal doesn't mean events of Superman1million happen; potential alternate future/elseworld/whatever.
So, I guess things can continue to happen with him with immortality, just like Thor.
So my statement earlier of 'forget buying Superman for the next million years' doesn't count for anything.

Whirlysplatt
In Vengence he gets amped up and goes toe to toe with a non god supported spectre!!!

leonidas
how does cm get amped? does shazam grant him greater power through the rock of eternity?

jrodslam
In a Flash comic where hes racing death to the end of time, Flash sees Superman 850,000,000 years later.

olympian
"No roughrider. A Mortal is a human being.

Superman isnt a human being. Hes an alien."

Mortal means, not being immortal, aka immune to time.

"draco has made a good case for ww being stronger than hercules"

I have my opinion, but even at it is, Marvel doesnt have the full strenght of Hercules. Neither of the other patrons.

"how does cm get amped? does shazam grant him greater power through the rock of eternity?"

"In Vengence he gets amped up and goes toe to toe with a non god supported spectre!!!"

The impression i got was that, the gods gave him more power. Here it is the fight:

http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/view.php?trd=050830032151

roughrider
Oh - what's this thread about again? Right, I forgot.

This is a glorious matchup for Thor, maybe better than Superman or Captain Marvel. Doesn't have the same magic edge( like with Supes), or the experience edge( C. Marvel). Plus Adam is a vicious S.O.B.; no gentlemenly fistacuffs here! BM hits Thor in mid-air and makes a hole in the ground with him, Thor knocks BM flying out of the hole and charges after him with mjolnir, the air is full of lighting as they rain blows on each other - it just goes on and on and on...
until a god-blast settles it in Thor's favour, who then needs a few vacations days in Valhalla! cool

jrodslam
how does cm get amped? does shazam grant him greater power through the rock of eternity?

In DOV as Whirly states, hes given magical power from every magical being in the universe. Villains demons and Gods included.

Captain Marvel stacking powers is something that he justs does. When armwrestling Supes, hes stated that Superman isnt stronger than the combined might of Atlas and Hercules.

In another instance, a villain made something that even the power of Hercules couldnt conquer. Cap then said something like "You forget that I have the power of Zues as well. So that means I have the strength of Hercules AND Zeus. The stamina of Atlas ANd Zues.!" something like that.

leonidas
cool fight. thanks. though in there it sounds like enchantress simply . . . GAVE him more power. obviously THAT cm would be stronger than ww OR supes, but that one also obviously doesn't count for this discussion.

leonidas
<<Captain Marvel stacking powers is something that he justs does. When armwrestling Supes, hes stated that Superman isnt stronger than the combined might of Atlas and Hercules.>>

hmm, i confess i've never heard of his 'stacking powers' before. sounds a bit . . . odd. though the whole 'power of zeus' thing has always been a bit of a question. in what way, besides the lighnting, is zeus's power manifested in cm? i used to think he could hurl lightning bolts and no one seems to be able to confirm or deny this fact.

and rider, you almost exactly echoed my earlier thoughts at the start of the thread when i said this in one of the most even/best matches ever set on this forum. this would be an EPIC fight.

olympian
"cool fight. thanks. though in there it sounds like enchantress simply . . . GAVE him more power. obviously THAT cm would be stronger than ww OR supes, but that one also obviously doesn't count for this discussion"

I got it as magical beings that werent still taken by Spectre and the gods as giving more power. Enchantress included. Tho she looks like she was mainly to keep Billy at this level. (he gets back at normal not long after she gets off the "trance"wink.

"Captain Marvel stacking powers is something that he justs does. When armwrestling Supes, hes stated that Superman isnt stronger than the combined might of Atlas and Hercules"

With stacking you mean combining the levels he have of the gods power? Yes post Ordway he can do that.

HigH ScholaR
S for the wisdom of Solomon
H for the strength of Hercules
A for the stamina of Atlas
Z for the power of Zeus (usually in the form of resistance to any injury)
A for the courage of Achilles
M for the speed of Mercury (and, by extension, the power to fly)

got the info from a source wink

jrodslam
cool fight. thanks. though in there it sounds like enchantress simply . . . GAVE him more power. obviously THAT cm would be stronger than ww OR supes, but that one also obviously doesn't count for this discussion.

This would be more along the lines i was talking about.

http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/3938/billystrength6ct.th.jpg
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/1737/powerofzeus13xq.th.jpg

snoopdogg
draco has made a good case for ww being stronger than hercules, In Flash #219 it states that WW is stronger than Hercules.

using the dc hierarchy, it SHOULD go:

1. superman
2. wonderwoman
3. captain marvel/black adam.

I still think that CM is stronger than WW until proven otherwise.

leonidas
<<I still think that CM is stronger than WW until proven otherwise.>>

well . . . if she's stronger than herc, and he doesn't even possess ALL of herc's strength, . . . huh

snoopdogg
<<I still think that CM is stronger than WW until proven otherwise.>>

well . . . if she's stronger than herc, and he doesn't even possess ALL of herc's strength, . . . huh Thats Draco brian washing people I think.

CM has the strength of Hercules. He dont actually have Hercules' strength. The same with all of his other powers.

olympian
"In Flash #219 it states that WW is stronger than Hercules"

Post crisis there are both statements of each sides. Hercules has stated she wasent stronger than him, more than once as well.

"well . . . if she's stronger than herc, and he doesn't even possess ALL of herc's strength, . . ."

In the other hand you have to see his treatment as equal and the fights with Superman. Dont forget that what the Zeus part does, its also enchanting the other powers.

snoopdogg

Post crisis there are both statements of each sides. Hercules has stated she wasent stronger than him, more than once as well.

Hercules may have said that he is stronger than WW but the narration said that that WW was stronger than Hercules in the Flash comic.

Herc says alot of stuff I think.

olympian
"Hercules may have said that he is stronger than WW but the narration said that that WW was stronger than Hercules in the Flash comic."

Then your saying what i said. Both have statements in comics.

"Herc says alot of stuff I think."

So does Wonder Woman. And?

yahman
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Hercules may have said that he is stronger than WW but the narration said that that WW was stronger than Hercules in the Flash comic.

Herc says alot of stuff I think.

Doesn't that pic suggest that Marvel has the strength of Atlas and Herc combined ?

snoopdogg

So does Wonder Woman. And? WW is stronger than Hercules.

Untill I see WW stalemate Superman in a armwrestling match then Ill agree she as strong or stronger than CM.

olympian
What he combined was the portions of strenght he has of both to match Superman.

Superman being equal to both Herc and Atlas at full power its insane.

"WW is stronger than Hercules."

Yes i already saw your opinion. Where is the proof.

"Untill I see WW stalemate Superman in a armwrestling match then Ill agree she as strong or stronger than CM."

If she never stalemated him physically in a fight like Marvel has, why do you give her the "stronger" doubt?

snoopdogg

Opinion?

Read Flash #219. Its not a opinion its something I read in a comic.

Believe it or not.

yahman
What he combined was the portions of strenght he has of both to match Superman.

Superman being equal to both Herc and Atlas at full power its insane.

"WW is stronger than Hercules."

"Untill I see WW stalemate Superman in a armwrestling match then Ill agree she as strong or stronger than CM."

If she never stalemated him physically in a fight like Marvel has, why do you give her the "stronger" doubt?

Its recently been discovered that Superman's radiation absorption is also dependent on his emotions. This explains why he kind of always wins when he is angry. It also gives him Hulk like powers. I wonder how long D.C. will keep this aspect of his powers. Hopefully through the crisis. I hope it is used in some obscure way. I cant wait until it begins. It will make up for the complete disappointment of House of M.

leonidas
<<What he combined was the portions of strenght he has of both to match Superman.
Superman being equal to both Herc and Atlas at full power its insane.>>

and

<<Untill I see WW stalemate Superman in a armwrestling match then Ill agree she as strong or stronger than CM.>>

is it possible to agree with BOTH these, and STILL adhere to my own list?? the stacking powers thing is news to me and i'm not convinced he does it all the time NOR that he's done it all the time in the past, so i'm not buying its consistency.

i'm not sure HOW to deal with the armwrestling issue either snoop, other than to look back at the nutty history of cm and supes and attribute at least SOME of their displayed evenness to that chaotic history. AND i've never seen ww armwrestle supes, but i bet THAT would be a close one as well . . .

as far as the brain washing bit -- i've seen evidence to support BOTH sides regarding cm's powers. i've NEVER seen something to settle the issue definitively, but in either case, i'm not sure it matters much to this discussion. i've seen scans somewhere of ww appearing to have a decent upperhand in a battle with cm, so i don't know . . .

olympian
"Opinion?

Read Flash #219. Its not a opinion its something I read in a comic.

Believe it or not."

Yes and in " War of the Gods " who its also post crisis its stated twice, Hercules being stronger including him challenging her to prove it and she backs off.

Even pre crisis they had wins on each other.

The best you can say is theyr equal in statements post crisis. With him having higher strenght feats on its own.

snoopdogg
I would like to know what issues CM and WW fought in.

I heard they fought twice and both times it was inconclusive.

leonidas
damn, i thought this was the ww/herc thread!! what's the topic here again . . .? embarrasment

olympian
They fought once. War of the Gods # 1 and they stalemated iirc. Its on the wonder woman thread.

Ah wait there is also the Underworld unleashed where Cap Marvel with one arm helds its own against the rest of the JLA.

"damn, i thought this was the ww/herc thread!! what's the topic here again . . .? "

Black Adam x Thor wink

leonidas
<<They fought once. War of the Gods # 1 and they stalemated iirc. Its on the wonder woman thread.
Ah wait there is also the Underworld unleashed where Cap Marvel with one arm helds its own against the rest of the JLA.>>

unleashed he held them off, not held his own. the other fight you may be right on. i thought diana was beating him, but i certainly could be mistaken. in any event, there certainly isn't much difference between them.

olympian
Thanks for the correction. In fact ill see if i can find the fight, been long since i saw it.

the WOTG one was indeed a stalemate. For me neither showed big advantages over the other.

jrodslam
Superman seems to think of Cap as his equal. Can the same be said for WW? Too bad Cap isnt part of the big 7. Nothing against Wonder Woman. It is said that she is stronger than Hercules(CM), but because Cap can stack i think thats what puts him over her ion terms of strength and ranking.

supremthor
i think BA can take thores hammer away cuss you dont realy have to be worthy. like wonderwoman is able to use thors hammer so is captain marvel(shazam). i read in the wizard a well bac when marvel was fighting thor. thor still won but marvel had thors hammer and like a dick head through it awawy with lead to his defeat by thor. it was like caharaters with god powers like zues , ares Etc are can use thors hammer thor worthy thing only works with mortal passed charaters not gods. with black adam is a god.

roughrider
i think BA can take thores hammer away cuss you dont realy have to be worthy. like wonderwoman is able to use thors hammer so is captain marvel(shazam). i read in the wizard a well bac when marvel was fighting thor. thor still won but marvel had thors hammer and like a dick head through it awawy with lead to his defeat by thor. it was like caharaters with god powers like zues , ares Etc are can use thors hammer thor worthy thing only works with mortal passed charaters not gods. with black adam is a god.

Interesting...never thought a ( God-like)bastard like Black Adam would be able to take mjolnir, but these are possible precedents.
Still, someone like Loki, with full-God stature, has never been able to sneak that hammer away, everytime Thor comes calling to pay the piper for the latest scheme. So it's not likely.

But hey - BA with mjolnir vs. Superman? Woo-hoo, a sense a new thread...! evil face

hawkwind
black adam will whip his @$$.thor is a chump.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by hawkwind
black adam will whip his @$$.thor is a chump.

So true and a hippysmile

-tolerant whirly smile

the Darkone
Thor will kick the tar out of Black Adam, Thor is a lot older and a better warrior than black adam. Thor will just hit his a$$ with a lighting bolt black adam will return back to teth adam, thor has fought superman like beings and has come on top majority of the time. It would be a great fight no doubt about it will be a close one. Thor wins 6/10

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by the Darkone
Thor will kick the tar out of Black Adam, Thor is a lot older and a better warrior than black adam. Thor will just hit his a$$ with a lighting bolt black adam will return back to teth adam, thor has fought superman like beings and has come on top majority of the time. It would be a great fight no doubt about it will be a close one. Thor wins 6/10

Except of course he lost to Supermansmile

dvampire
Originally posted by roughrider
Interesting...never thought a ( God-like)bastard like Black Adam would be able to take mjolnir, but these are possible precedents.
Still, someone like Loki, with full-God stature, has never been able to sneak that hammer away, everytime Thor comes calling to pay the piper for the latest scheme. So it's not likely.

But hey - BA with mjolnir vs. Superman? Woo-hoo, a sense a new thread...! evil face

Black Adam is fast enough to take mjolnir away. But Adam is just as strong and as durable as Thor (with greater speed and minus the weapon that gives him his powers). I'll give this fight to Black Adam IMO. smile

dvampire
Originally posted by the Darkone

Thor is not fast enough. smile

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/5281/baflash17ts7ql.jpg

And Baclk Adam has lightining too. smile

supremthor
ya and BA is smart enougth to take thors hammer away from him.........but i still like thor better and he rules so he wins.

joesha28
Black Adam could well be the best in DC.

But one question.......

Is BA's head header than Celestial head?

http://www.comicboards.com/thor/view.php?rpl=030212100605&q=Scans

dvampire
Originally posted by joesha28
Black Adam could well be the best in DC.

But one question.......

Is BA's head header than Celestial head?

http://www.comicboards.com/thor/view.php?rpl=030212100605&q=Scans

If Black Adam can take punches from Superman, CM, and Allen (while using the speed force), he can take alot of hits. But I don't think Adam whould get in that situation against Thor, since he's several times faster than him. smile

Ultimate Ion
Thor and his hammer are said to be as swift as lightning and that's in actual combat. Trying a speed blitz would be suicide thanks to Mjolnir.

dvampire
Originally posted by Ultimate Ion
Thor and his hammer are said to be as swift as lightning and that's in actual combat. Trying a speed blitz would be suicide thanks to Mjolnir.

Thor isn't fast, he has a hard time trying to hit Spiderman, and is always having a hard time against Hulk who is far, far slower than Adam. Mjolnir help him in flight speed, not fighting speed.Show me scans of Thor fighting at high speeds? smile

Ultimate Ion
Thor is very fast. Not Superman fast but fast enough to keep up with speedsters. I file most Thor/Hulk encounters under PIS/CIS since if Thor went all out he'd smash the crap out of Hulk.

http://www.comicboards.com/thor/view.php?trd=040224214306&q=oliv

Go there and read the Speed section. Read the other sections too. Thor is or at least should be a freakin beast.

dvampire
Thor is very fast. Not Superman fast but fast enough to keep up with speedsters. I file most Thor/Hulk encounters under PIS/CIS since if Thor went all out he'd smash the crap out of Hulk.

http://www.comicboards.com/thor/view.php?trd=040224214306&q=oliv

Go there and read the Speed section. Read the other sections too. Thor is or at least should be a freakin beast.

Thor and Hulk fights aren't PIS/CIS. Thor speed is on par with the Hulk (maybe faster, but not by much), and is below characters like Cap and Spiderman. I want to see scans of him actually fighting at high speeds, because I have never seen Thor fight very fast. smile

Ultimate Ion
That website gave you issue numbers. Go download them. You're kidding yourself if you think Hulk stands a chance against Thor if both are going all out. If Thor goes all out, not many people short of cosmic level beings stand a chance.

dvampire
That website gave you issue numbers. Go download them. You're kidding yourself if you think Hulk stands a chance against Thor if both are going all out. If Thor goes all out, not many people short of cosmic level beings stand a chance.

Thor has went all out against Hulk before, and lost too (I think they are even though in wins). And Adam has also fought against powerful beings, and is leagues above Thor in speed, which still hasn't been proven. Adam was fighting Allen who entered the speed force, Thor is still below Cap and Spiderman in speed, who doesn't come close to Allen in speed.

Adam vs the JSA:

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/470/bavsjsa19ag8uc.jpg

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/6821/bavsjsa26do4jg.jpg

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/6421/bavsjsa32kv0ne.jpg

Ultimate Ion
Who the hell is Cap? Please tell me you don't mean Captain America. And now I'm asking you to show me anything of Thor truly going all out and using the vast majority of his powers on Hulk. Thor usually uses Hulk to test his physical might.

Proof that Thor can beat those with super speed? In his warrior madness phase he sent the Silver Surfer running. He beat Gladiator who claimed Thor was just too good for him. Both Surfer and Glads smoke Adam in speed. Thor has never had a problem with speedsters. It's pretty logical. Wouldn't someone who can travel faster than light be able to see someone moving at that speed and react to them? If he didn't, he'd be crashing into planets everytime he flew.

joesha28
good post Ult Ion

dvampire
Who the hell is Cap? Please tell me you don't mean Captain America. And now I'm asking you to show me anything of Thor truly going all out and using the vast majority of his powers on Hulk. Thor usually uses Hulk to test his physical might.

Proof that Thor can beat those with super speed? In his warrior madness phase he sent the Silver Surfer running. He beat Gladiator who claimed Thor was just too good for him. Both Surfer and Glads smoke Adam in speed. Thor has never had a problem with speedsters. It's pretty logical. Wouldn't someone who can travel faster than light be able to see someone moving at that speed and react to them? If he didn't, he'd be crashing into planets everytime he flew.

Surfer and Gladiator are only fast in flight speed, not fighting/reflexive speeds. Hulk and Juggs are far slower than Adam, both of them are as fast as Thor. Thor is not faster, than Captain America, Spiderman, or Quicksilver, all who are faster than Thor. I'm still waiting for the scans of Thor fighting at high speeds too.

Thor vs. Hulk:

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/8421/thorih440a0ju0cl.jpg

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/5307/thorih440b6hh0oa.jpg

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/1939/thorih440c4lj4jh.jpg

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/9738/thorih440d7yh0kn.jpg

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/2426/thorih440e7sp3xv.jpg

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/8645/thorih440f4ck0cn.jpg

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/3797/thorih440g0ok0px.jpg

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/7607/thorih440h7zp1gq.jpg

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/5669/thorih440i1tq7hy.jpg

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/2699/thorih440j4ux2mv.jpg

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/1023/thorih440k5wp4kr.jpg

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/3263/thorih440l5ho4qn.jpg

http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/2939/nuke54wz0sz.jpg

He went all (worrior madness) and Hulk still was on par with him in speed, who is far slower than Adam.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>